Official European Football 2014-15 Regular Season Thread

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

VideoKilledThe

Re: Official European Football 2014-15 Regular Season Thread

Post by VideoKilledThe »

Piss poor from Liverpool.

Coutinho is pressing too hard to score. Milner was horrid, a yellow minutes into the game, at least 4 terrible corners, several opportunities in front of goal squandered.

Mignelot at fault for the goal.

Again, it doesn't look like Rodgers has the team sorted.

jamrage

Post by jamrage »

What up Son!

Solid game from Spurs against a hot Crystal Palace team. Deserved the win, but could have easily been 1-1. Son and Alli played their hearts out, if they can play like that most of the time they should take pressure off of Kane. More likely, there will be games like this and games where nothing works. Lamela was a shit show, sell him over Christmas. Please. Lloris played extremely well, and it was good to get Ericksen back. Hopefully they can beat Arsenal in the League cup this week.
[i]Styles can be applied quickly to selected text.[/i]

VideoKilledThe

Post by VideoKilledThe »

Lewandowski!!!!!! Are you kidding me???

It just doesn't stop. Is this real life?

stupidregister

Post by stupidregister »

I mean that 5th one...
Quality stitched MLB, NBA, NFL, and soccer jerseys: https://www.etsy.com/shop/FanJerseyz" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Vlad Analogue

Post by Vlad Analogue »

#LOLWILLY

jamrage

Post by jamrage »

Can't believe none of my fellow Spurs fans have even commented on the 4-1 victory against City. Sure, a couple of the goals were suspect and City are a team that's struggling, but that's the best win of the young season right there. Really encouraged by the last couple of games, but not getting crazy about it. This is Spurs after all.

CarlosDelgothoes

Post by CarlosDelgothoes »

Dier and Alli as a tandem look preeetty preeetty good so far.

jamrage

Post by jamrage »

Yes, Dier has impressed this year. I wonder if they do know what they're doing over there. the emergence of Son and return of Eriksen have all helped the team. I really hope they keep Bentaleb on the bench, he's fucking useless.

VideoKilledThe

Post by VideoKilledThe »

Rodgers sacked! To no one's surprise.

stupidregister

Post by stupidregister »

I'm really disappointed Klopp is going to end up at Liverpool.
Quality stitched MLB, NBA, NFL, and soccer jerseys: https://www.etsy.com/shop/FanJerseyz" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

VideoKilledThe

Post by VideoKilledThe »

God I hope it's true!!!

VideoKilledThe

Post by VideoKilledThe »

Honestly shocked Liverpool pulled it off. Fucking dream manager.

jamrage

Post by jamrage »

Great signing, obviously. Not a great time for Spurs to play 'Pool, the Liverpool players will be anxious to prove themselves to the new manager.

Liverpool fans, was Rodgers really that bad of a manager or was it unrealistic expectations? It was inevitable they'd do worse once they lost Suarez. I always liked the guy.

jamrage

Post by jamrage »

Ghost town in here, what the fuck is going on?

Spurs have been playing well and Kane looks to have regained his finishing touch just in time for Arsenal. Really looking forward to the game this week. It's not like Arsenal are a great team, but there don't appear to be any great teams in the league this year so they have a legit shot at the title.

Chelsea's collapse has been hilarious to watch, worst start to a champion's season ever. Mourinho keeps looking worse and worse every time he opens his mouth.

It will be so goddamned hilarious if both Newcastle and Sunderland get relegated this season.

CarlosDelgothoes

Post by CarlosDelgothoes »

jamrage wrote:It's not like Arsenal are a great team, but there don't appear to be any great teams in the league this year so they have a legit shot at the title.
They're the only team other than Chelsea that are the finished product. 2 of City's most important roles are filled by newcomers, Aguero is made of sugar glass and United are still in transition, and likely will be until 18/19. They're winning fuck all with LVG in charge and it'll take at least a season for the new manager to get his team together.

Honestly if Arsenal don't win it this year Wenger should step aside. They won't get a better look.
jamrage wrote:Chelsea's collapse has been hilarious to watch, worst start to a champion's season ever. Mourinho keeps looking worse and worse every time he opens his mouth.
I don't think I've ever seen a group of players quit on a manager so hard before. Actually I have. Last year with Dortmund and Klopp. That's what happens with SUPER INTENSE managers. that shit only lasts 3-4 years before your players get sick of you.

Fergie had that shit down to a science.

wins back to back titles and a double 92-94. Gets rid of Hughes, Ince and Kanchelskis a year later.
brings through a youth squad that are unquestionably loyal to him
wins 3xtitles including the treble 98-01 with them
gets rid of Yorke, Cole and Beckham within 2 years
rebuilds team around Ronaldo, Rooney & Rio/Vidic
gets rid of Van Nistelrooy and Keane for getting mouthy
Wins 3xtitles and CL.
Ronaldo wants to leave, Tevez starts getting mouthy. Sells them and buys Robin Van Persie
WINS ANOTHER FUCKING TITLE

Like he never let shit fester. The moment he thought you'd turned the corner in productivity or had started questioning him, you were off. For as much as Mourinho sucks off Fergie, he never seems to learn this lesson. if Fergie was managing Chelsea this year he'd have sold Terry and Fabregas in a heartbeat and put his arm around his best player, Hazard. Instead, Mourinho is being usurped by Terry and Fabregas in the dressing room and is calling out his best player in the press. It's ridiculous.
jamrage wrote:It will be so goddamned hilarious if both Newcastle and Sunderland get relegated this season.
Might actually be the best for both clubs. Championship ticket prices +NE derbies with them and Middlesbrough would be fantastic. Sunderland need a complete rebuild. Newcastle need to learn that their system is a failure.

Comedy Quaddafi

Post by Comedy Quaddafi »

Watching Mourinho lose his mind is like reading posts by CleanHobo.

Arsenal are starting to be hit by injuries. We have to keep the squad intact to beat City to the league. Esp Bellerin who is playing like a Sevilla-era Dani Alves RN.

Great season so far. It's been very unpredictable.

I saw Benfica - Galatasaray yesterday and really enjoyed the atmosphere @ Estadio da Luz. Got to see Podolski bang one in with his left and some good play from Gaitan. Hope to also go when Atletico Madrid stop by.
Whether to Jason of Philaflava or John Podesta, I will speak my fucking perspective openly
- MB

jamrage

Post by jamrage »

Good game today. Spurs probably should have taken advantage of more of their opportunities, but it was a fair result in the end. It wasn't Arsenal's best team, but that was a great effort from Spurs. They were livelier than Arsenal for much of the game, and that's now two stellar games against top competition. Four points from City and Arsenal is damn good. A champions league spot definitely isn't outside the realm of possibility if they continue to play like this.

drobizhek

Post by drobizhek »

After Juve started the year terribly I finally feel this squad may actually have potential. Also Morata is such a monkey.

zombie

Post by zombie »

chelsea is trash and im loving every second of them crashing and burning

boianski

Post by boianski »

zombie wrote:chelsea is trash and im loving every second of them crashing and burning
when can we start talking about them getting relegated. wouldn't that be something...

jamrage

Post by jamrage »

Was sad to see Leicester lose to Arsenal on a questionable red, they were going to win that game before that. I still think Arsenal is going to take the title though, they're getting healthy at the right time.

Still surprised at Spurs, they've really shown that they have the patience to wait and play a possession game until something opens up. As a result they just don't lose all that much. They've got a deep team that plays well together, but I'd like to see a little more decisiveness in the final third. Two wins against City is gold. Game of the year in a couple weeks when they play Arsenal.

Stoned Starks

Post by Stoned Starks »

Pumped to see Bayern-Barca in the final.

boianski

Post by boianski »

Liverpool v BvB is gonna be great!

zombie

Post by zombie »

well man city failed horribly, a shame.

demichellis and mangala are so bad

SugaQuik

Post by SugaQuik »

zombie wrote:well man city failed horribly, a shame.

demichellis and mangala are so bad
his pass back to Hart hilarious. It's like he was trying to make City lose.

zombie

Post by zombie »

wow, barcelona out

cant wait for the bayern/city draw so that pep can throw the game in the final to pellegrini right before he transfer out/transfer