Best Athlete You Have Ever Seen

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

Best Athlete You Have Ever Seen

Bo Jackson
12%
Michael Jordan
32%
Barry Sanders
12%
LeBron James
16%
Mike Trout
No votes
Roger Federer
No votes
Deion Sanders
4%
Tiger Tiger Woods Ya'll
4%
Wayne Gretzky
No votes
Kobe Bryant
4%
Barry Bonds
No votes
Usain Bolt
12%
Mike Tyson
No votes
Joe Montana
No votes
Ken Griffey Jr
4%

Total votes: 25

naturalborn103

Re: Best Athlete You Have Ever Seen

Post by naturalborn103 »

I put Shaq way over Howard. I think Shaq deserves votes. I think Howard in his prime deserves to be on or near this list. Before his injury he was 2nd most athletic (not best) big man I ever saw, behind Shaq. Don't forget this was a 7 footer with hardly any body fat who could jump out the building.

Shaq physically dominated basketball more then I have ever seen another athlete physically dominate any other sport. Not only was he stronger then 99.9% of the league, he was quicker then every single person who was within about 100 pounds of him.

Myjah

Post by Myjah »

Philaflava wrote:By seen I mean were alive to actually watch and appreciate. Pick from the list.
I thought you meant, like, seen live so I voted Griffey but then I read your post and I am desperately trying to vote Barry Bonds.
I <3 Employee.

wheels

Post by wheels »

It's Michael Jordan, guys.

Cash Rulz
Voice of Reason

Post by Cash Rulz »

Had to go Bo. Just on an athletic level. Not the best in his field, but just a freak of nature in a sport full of freaks.

Joe Pesci

Post by Joe Pesci »

I was pretty young when Jordan and Griffey were in their primes, so I have to go with Lebron.

eternalreflection
I'll Just STFU Now!

Post by eternalreflection »

naturalborn103 wrote:I put Shaq way over Howard. I think Shaq deserves votes. I think Howard in his prime deserves to be on or near this list. Before his injury he was 2nd most athletic (not best) big man I ever saw, behind Shaq. Don't forget this was a 7 footer with hardly any body fat who could jump out the building.

Shaq physically dominated basketball more then I have ever seen another athlete physically dominate any other sport. Not only was he stronger then 99.9% of the league, he was quicker then every single person who was within about 100 pounds of him.
if you take all NBA players in their prime, and draft for a single season Shaq goes #1

some of that is just positional value, other players like Jordan/Lebron have similar peaks but they play much less valuable positions

ThaJim2

Post by ThaJim2 »

Cash Rulz wrote:Had to go Bo. Just on an athletic level. Not the best in his field, but just a freak of nature in a sport full of freaks.
Bo would have been my second pick. Would have loved to see him do the decathlon I am pretty sure he would have put up a world record that would be out of touch until the 2030s or so. Hershual Walker is another fucking freak of nature.