2014 Fantasy Football Thread

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

Dwight Strawberry

Re: 2014 Fantasy Football Thread

Post by Dwight Strawberry »

In my work league championship.

PPR.

WR3 - Go with Nate Washington (vs JAX) or Torry Smith (vs HOU)

Looks like Kendal Wright might play this week, could limit Washington's targets???

If Wright doesn't play, I'm almost certainly going with Big Nate Dog.

Thoughts?

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

torry tora tora FTW
Hey, by the way who's Curt?

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

Br0z -

League final with a cool two hunny on the line. I don't think I'm going to win, but I beat this guy a few weeks ago courtesy of one of the Rams D shutouts. I've got both DeMarco and Peyton, who are obviously not 100%. In fact, my entire lineup at the moment is listed as Q. So I'm not even cautiously optimistic. He had higher waiver priority and fucking pooched Randle from me when DeMarco's injury news broke. I ended up with fucking Dunbar.

One RB spot and one flex spot. 1 pt PPR. Thoughts?

LeGarrette @ Jets
Asiata @ Miami
Wheaton vs. KC

Or maybe even consider...

Scott Chandler @ Raiders
or even Eddie Royal @ SF

My heart says Blount and Asiata (who's been getting the ball a lot).

Desperate times...

unclebengi

Post by unclebengi »

Yeah, it's definitely Blount and Asiata from that group.

unclebengi

Post by unclebengi »

Looks like TY might not be playing which will be an absolute killer to my remaining squads as I have him starting on every single one. I have quality backup options in 3 of the 4 leagues (Mike Evans, Josh Gordon, and Donte Moncrief), but in my matchup with Natty it looks like I'll be forced to roll with Marquess Wilson. Looks like Demarco's going to try to give it a go as well, which I don't love because who knows how effective he'll be. Does anyone remember any RB's playing with similar injuries? They say he's been catching the ball, but I don't see how he'll be able to do that or block in a live game situation.

update- now they're saying TY is questionable after missing practice all week. A game time decision would be even worse as it's a 4:00 game and most of my backup options play at 1:00, if there's no more updates before the 1:00 games I'll probably just have to bench him.

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

Hahahaha first Edelman, now Blount out tomorrow. What a shit week for a final.

Ramen

Post by Ramen »

so washington chooses to play good football on championship week? my d only got 7 points.

unclebengi

Post by unclebengi »

For real...in my biggest title game I'm going against a team named Skin Fan and he had Alf and Desean both starting, and he has Gates who just had a touch too. I still have my whole team to go save Delanie Walker, but I was not expecting those guys to play so well today.

This Hilton situation is stupid, from everything I can tell the guy is 90% healthy and would have practiced under normal circumstances, but the team is holding him out. I think he's lobbying to play hard, but I don't think he'll be able to convince the coaching staff to put him out there. With Edelman out I'll be using some more Brady stacks on Fanduel as it's easier to predict who'll put up stats for the Pats this week. Pairing Brady with any combination of Gronk, Lafell, and Vereen seems like a strong tournament play. I'm using Stafford and Brees in most of my entries this week though.

unclebengi

Post by unclebengi »

Aaaand Gates scores again...Daily Operation (my squad) has quite the hole to dig out of

Dwight Strawberry

For the Ship

PPR

T. Smith (Hou)
Or
D. Moncrief (Dal)
Note - Luck is my QB

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

Making my daily lineup. So far it is looking like:

Alex Smith @ Pitt
CJ Anderson @ Cin
Tre Mason vs NyG
Jordy Nelson @TB
Torrey Smith @Hou
Calvin Johnson @Chi
Witten vs Indy
Latavius Murray vs Buff
NE D @ NyJ

This is on draft kings. 0 dollars left. Only thing I don't like about this lineup is I am against L Murray and Pats D in finals vs. benji in keeper league. I hate not knowing to be happy or sad when a player does well..

unclebengi

Post by unclebengi »

Dwight- With Hilton looking extremely doubtful, I think you have to roll out Moncrief. He's sure to get at least 6 or 7 targets against the Cowboys leaky pass defense and he's BY FAR the Colts best big play threat w/out TY out there.

Natty- Yeah I don't like starting guys I'm going against, but sometimes that's how it is (I don't mind you having the problem this week obviously).

I put in a large variety of lineups weekly on Fanduel, but here's a couple of my main cash lineups-

QB- Brees
RB- Tre Mason
RB- CJ Anderson
WR- Colston
WR- Stills
WR- Moncrief
TE- Gronk
K- Tucker
D- Pats

QB- Stafford
RB- Jon Stewart
RB- Jeremy Hill
WR- Colston
WR- Moncrief
WR- Antonio Brown
TE- Gronk
K- Zuerlein
D- Panthers

I put a lot more towards tournaments this week with only a couple weeks left hoping to hit a big one, it'll be a profitable year regardless so why not try to go out with a bang. My tournament teams are based around stacks featuring Stafford, Brees, and Brady. Think I have a Luck lineup and a McCown lineup as well. Moncrief, Mason, Gronk, Kelce, and CJ Anderson are in a ton of my lineups throughout.

Ramen

Post by Ramen »

That Rodgers to Jordy td really killed me, who the hell goes 5 wide inside the 5 when you're already up?

Dwight Strawberry

I'd like to personally thank Andrew Luck and Dante Moncrief for helping me finish in 2nd place this year. Oh, and Steven Jackson too.

Love you guys.

unclebengi

Post by unclebengi »

Yeah sorry if you started Moncrief over Torrey. I feel like I should have seen that Colt performance coming, the fact they held out TY was telling. He could have played if they were playing to win, that game was over before it started and doesn't tell you anything about either team's postseason chances. I had a few Colts in title games that burned me, but luckily in my main annual league I was going against Luck.

I'd also like to thank ric for convincing me to draft Russ Wilson (albeit much later than ric would have taken him). I have Russ in my two biggest $ leagues where I'll likely end up with a 1st and a 2nd place finish (unless Jeremy Hill and AJ Green combine for a 40 piece tonight, then I could win both).

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

i salvaged 1 championship out of 7 leagues. big ups to all the elite gurus who got the hardware :ring:
Hey, by the way who's Curt?

ric

Post by ric »

I was in 3 leagues this year.
1) regular league I'm 3rd place which is money back
2) dynasty league I started tanking the season right as my team was getting hot which is hilarious but I am currently in last so fuck yes the tank is dope don't hate
3) throwaway league I'm in 1st place it's an espn two week championship format im probably gonna win

in my personal opinion the key to fantasy football as in so many things in life where staking a claim is part of it the key is to not be worried about looking like an idiot and figuring out how to navigate with your own personal guide book

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

Three leagues. two runner ups. I am the Buffalo Bills of Fantasy.

unclebengi

Post by unclebengi »

Congrats to Natty on the victory in Dwight's league, the Smelly Era has begun. I've gone from 5th, to 3rd, to 2nd in that league, so I'm coming for that top spot next year.

I had 5 $ leagues this year, came away with a 1st, 2 2nd's, a 4th, and missed the playoffs in one league (started 6-1 in that league before going on a 7 game losing streak). Would have won my biggest league had I started Manny Sanders over AJ Green, but 2nd still paid a cool $750 in that one. I paid $605 in entry fees for 5 leagues and ended up making $1750.

ric

Post by ric »

being how do you have time for all that?

unclebengi

Post by unclebengi »

it's definitely a time commitment, but I block out a lot of my other hobbies during football season. I have a lot of fun during the season, but as soon as it's over I feel a sense of relief because I have a lot more free time on Sundays and on week nights. Being in 5 money leagues and trying out Fan Duel for the first time this year made it more of a commitment than ever, but I decided before the year to throw a little more money behind my fantasy football addiction and treat it like a part time job. I was spending all this time music blogging and not getting paid a dime for it while I've made money yearly in fantasy football for years. So it worked out this year, might go even bigger next year if my $ is right next August.

Kid That's Lifeless

Post by Kid That's Lifeless »

Down to just one league. Went 5-8. Watched maybe 6 quarters of NFL football total. I really lost interest in the NFL. Plus my interest in fantasy baseball spiked thanks to da P and that's my preferred choice of burning money.

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

unclebengi wrote:Congrats to Natty on the victory in Dwight's league, the Smelly Era has begun. I've gone from 5th, to 3rd, to 2nd in that league, so I'm coming for that top spot next year.
Thanks. I felt like last year if I didn't win you should of.

I am still undefeated in draftkings. Went 3-0 this weekend and made another $300. That lineup I posted above came in 12th out of 1000 in one contest. Too bad it was just a 50/50 though.. Might as well came in 500th.

unclebengi

Post by unclebengi »

Damn natty, that's pretty crazy you haven't lost yet on draftkings. My tournament lineups shat the bed this week, but I did well enough in 50/50's just about break even. I'm up about $350 on the year, but that's mostly due to that one huge tournament I finished 4th in. I'm done with Fantasy until next year though, I thought about dabbling in NBA DFS after football season ends, but I think I'm just going to enjoy my free time. Playing daily NBA requires keeping up with injuries and surprise active/non actives on a daily basis and it's more than I want to try to keep up with at this point, but I had a lot of fun playing NFL on Fan Duel this year and will be more prepared for it next year. I probably should just stick to 50/50's like you've been doing, my problem is being able to settle on one or two lineups.

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

I have no idea how I have been so lucky. I am scared of starting to bet more $ per a contest cause then I know I will end up being like 14-2 with no money to show for it. Might cash out as well. Right now I am up $615.

unclebengi

Post by unclebengi »

I certainly wouldn't put any action on week 17 NFL, but you know your NBA, I bet you could do well there. With that type of success I wouldn't be quitting. You're doing $50 50/50's though? The most I've put into any one contest is $25, I just can't bring myself to risk that much on any one given contest. If you can just win 60-70% of your 50/50's you'll make a killing over time.