2014 Fantasy Football Thread

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

alpha

Re: 2014 Fantasy Football Thread

Post by alpha »

bro you're overloading on Eagles. keep your lineup balanced.

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

alpha wrote:bro you're overloading on Eagles. keep your lineup balanced.
Ric going to need eagles to score like 100 points in a game for his team to do good.

ric

Post by ric »

@alpha
i know. that is the point really. the total team concept is where you get most yards that these dudes make and most tds. that's the idea. so you never miss out when something does happen and you double up when yds & tds happen in the pass game. the trick is to find a team with crazy scoring potential. the eagles will hopefully draft mariota or at least a real spread option qb. I will tank. to obtain this pick in the draft that is my next move.

the eagles resurrected nick foles. they will ressurect Sanchez. this offensive design is the best in the league bar none. that productivity shoots through the roof if chip gets mariota and upgrades his wrs a bit. you see mariota play this season? it's everything you me and those jackass commentators want him to be.

I'll leave you with this anecdote. this past Utah game Oregon had 4 & 14. they didn't have to but they were going for it but it took too long to get in the play. 4 & 19. they went for it. mariota shuffled right and they didn't show a replay but it looked like they cleared out the third level defs by going very long. so mariota looks and takes off. he clears the second level defs in like 2/3 steps. he goes 18 yds and almost gets it..... you see what I'm saying?

Ramen

Post by Ramen »

Chip Kelly hates Lesean McCoy. :sad:

wheels

Post by wheels »

I had to check to make sure I wasn't losing it but yes, we had an almost identical discussion in late august. Do not start 7 eagles at a time, even though that's hilarious

ric

Post by ric »

@wheels
it is and I won't. but I want the ones that will most likely get the ball

the question at this point is this: if the eagles don't draft mariota (but maybe draft another qb) and I'm sitting there trying to decide.... who do I grab with pick #1 in dynasty league? if the eagles don't get mariota (I see the bills as prime candidates) but also don't get a qb obviously get mariota. but what about the aforementioned alternative?

whats really great here is that jameis is the most nfl ready so he'll probably go first possibly to the bills and chip cleans up with mariota or Hundley. petty may come out and Wallace may come out but I'll be honest I'm not interested in Wallace.

stl. was? buf. tam. Chi? ten.
There's your pool of teams looking for high qb.

unclebengi

Post by unclebengi »

Well things just got interesting this week. Bradshaw, Dwayne Allen, Brandin Cooks, Emmanuel Sanders, Ryan Mathews, Julius Thomas, and Montee Ball all go down w/ injuries and most of them serious injuries. Had a bunch of those guys across various squads, waivers should be crazy this week for people trying to find replacements. I've also stashed Josh Gordon and AP in a couple spots, so that helps a little, but the Bradshaw injury especially is a killer.

Colts are extremely lucky their schedule softens the rest of the year as Bradshaw and Allen are as as critical as any offensive players not named Luck. Expect to see Luck continue to put up huge numbers the rest of the year as the Colts running game will be a lost cause.

alpha

Post by alpha »

draftkings is going kinda well. lost about half my first few times but def something I can see being profitable in the long run.

unclebengi

Post by unclebengi »

Sweet, glad to hear your digging it. I've bombed in all my tournament entries since that big hit I had, but I haven't put much toward tourneys and have done well enough in 50/50's to stay afloat with the $100 I left in my account. This last week I entered in a few more 10 team leagues where the top 3 cash out and had a lot of success there. It's a nice middle ground between 5000+ entry tourneys and 50/50 leagues where you don't truly double up.

Tried some NBA tourneys and 50/50's last week too and did horrible. I'll probably give it a shot again after football season, but staying away for now. A big part of playing NBA daily fantasy is keeping track of injuries and active/inactives, even more than in the NFL because there are so many last minute/hour inactives and this allows you to get replacement starter minutes on the cheap.

alpha

Post by alpha »

a thing I noticed about winning nba teams on DK is a balanced roster. maybe one star to go with a bunch of guys you get between 3k and 5k.

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

I am doing great on draft kings. Not betting huge, so far I am undefeated since I started. 11-0 including this week and I am up $260. Mainly do 50-50, but once in a while do head to head. I always try to fill up my lineup with cheapest guys possible that I think will score and then continually upgrade my lineup with leftover $ till I have nothing left. This week my lineup was:

P Rivers
J Hill
T Mason
K Allen
O Beckham
M Wallace
D Walker
L Bell
Dolphins

I am in first on a 50/50 with 20 contestants. Almost impossible for me to fall out of top 10 at this point.

unclebengi

Post by unclebengi »

Nice, I had a horrible week in season long, but did great on Fanduel this week. Had a lot of shares of Luck, Tre Mason, Boom Herron, Fitzpatrick, Keenan Allen, D Hopkins, K Stills, CJ Anderson. I'm starting to shift to large field double ups, triple ups, and 10 team leagues as I'm finding the cutoffs to cash aren't too different from 50/50 leagues and the payoff is quite a bit more significant.

I'm largely avoiding tournaments at this point aside from the single entry, low $ ones.

alpha

Post by alpha »

been on a bad streak. might reload, might not.

unclebengi

Post by unclebengi »

Drew Brees ruined my daily fantasy week, but my season long leagues had a good week. Currently in the semis in 4 of my 5 leagues. My keeper team from Dwight's league has been slowly falling apart with injuries to Ball, Ellington, Cooks etc, but TY and DeMarco bailed me out last week and I'm still in it.

Have one league where I've been rotating Rivers/K Allen with Sanchez/J Matthews and can't decide what to do this week. Sanchez probably has the better matchup at home against the Cowboys, but I think Rivers has more upside at home against the Broncos. Any thoughts?

Also leaning towards benching Dez and AJ Green in a 3WR/No flex league and starting TY, Manny Sanders, and Mike Evans. It'll be tough to pull the trigger, but I don't like AJ's matchup w/ Haden or Dez's w/ the Eagles. Love the matchups for the other 3, especially TY and Evans.

Anyone else have tough decisions this week?

ric

Post by ric »

I'm in Rd 2. I've stayed winning but my next opponent has been averaging 20-30 more fantasy points than the next highest so I'm bout to lose to the champ. at least I get money back tho at 3rd place

alpha

Post by alpha »

You're luck is gonna run out this week Natty

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

do i dare bench AJ Green in the playoffs? Hayden done been shutting him down

hopefully drew brees can lead me to the land of milk & honey against a ratty bear defense
Hey, by the way who's Curt?

unclebengi

Post by unclebengi »

I'm benching AJ, but that's in a league mentioned above where I can only start 3 between TY, Dez, Mike Evans, Manny Sanders, and AJ. I had Manny Sanders in there over Dez, but have since changed my mind. TY and Evans are the two guys I refuse to bench this week as their matchups are just too juicy.

Who would you be starting over AJ?

I'm hoping Brees comes through for me in Dwight's league too.

Also having a tough time deciding between Crowell and Jeremy Hill. I had Crowell in there and like his matchup better, but now that it appears that Hill will get the bulk of the carries, I've given him the nod because of his upside.

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

i'm all in on this Brees hype so I'll pair stills with beckham

stills in favor of AJ

i would go with crowell

unclebengi

Post by unclebengi »

Yeah, it's probably worth going all in on Brees/Stills, although I might think twice if the league is PPR.

I still might go with Crowell, as the Cincy Run D is horrid, especially after losing Burfict, and having Johnny at QB should help the run game, but I don't like the even carry split he's had last week w/ West (and the fact he didn't start). Hill is a near lock for 20 touches after Hue said he'd prefer to ride one back and he's just a better football player than Crowell IMO, so that's my line of thinking.

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

alpha wrote:You're luck is gonna run out this week Natty
Im sorry I'm going to have to end your season. My lineup looking scary long as julio plays.

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

unclebengi wrote:Yeah, it's probably worth going all in on Brees/Stills, although I might think twice if the league is PPR.

I still might go with Crowell, as the Cincy Run D is horrid, especially after losing Burfict, and having Johnny at QB should help the run game, but I don't like the even carry split he's had last week w/ West (and the fact he didn't start). Hill is a near lock for 20 touches after Hue said he'd prefer to ride one back and he's just a better football player than Crowell IMO, so that's my line of thinking.
sound logic in your thinking. this time of year go with your gut and lightly consider the numbers

good luck to all yall this week

see you in the winner's circle

alpha

Post by alpha »

Congrats natty. This is my best finish so far in year 3. Hopefully I can win 3rd and break even.

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

smelly bush in the fantasy bowl?

unclebengi

Post by unclebengi »

Thanks to Brees I'll be playing Natty in the final, we've both been in contention but (I don't think) either of us has won that league. Unfortunately Demarco is likely added to my long list of injured players on that team, will probably need Brees and Pats D to carry me again next week. Looks like I'll be playing for a chip in 3 of my 5 leagues (playing for 3rd in one and missed the playoffs in the last one), hopefully I can close at least a couple of them out, guaranteed at least a G either way though so it'll be a merry Christmas at the bengi household.

Glad I started Jeremy Hill too, tougher matchup next week against the Broncos, but the kid is a stud.

Ramen

Post by Ramen »

kel, lets take this consolation bracket. :ironmike:

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

Ramen wrote:kel, lets take this consolation bracket. :ironmike:
:ring:

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

alpha wrote:Congrats natty. This is my best finish so far in year 3. Hopefully I can win 3rd and break even.
Thanks. Both of us Chicago offense saved me.
capable_keL wrote:smelly bush in the fantasy bowl?
Smelly era > alpha era (no offense alpha)

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

unclebengi wrote:Thanks to Brees I'll be playing Natty in the final, we've both been in contention but (I don't think) either of us has won that league. Unfortunately Demarco is likely added to my long list of injured players on that team, will probably need Brees and Pats D to carry me again next week. Looks like I'll be playing for a chip in 3 of my 5 leagues (playing for 3rd in one and missed the playoffs in the last one), hopefully I can close at least a couple of them out, guaranteed at least a G either way though so it'll be a merry Christmas at the bengi household.

Glad I started Jeremy Hill too, tougher matchup next week against the Broncos, but the kid is a stud.
Never won either, came in 2nd in both my leagues last year.

My WR kinda killing me. Now Keenan Allen out and Josh Gordon has to deal with Manziel. I got to choose 3 of the 4 rbs:

J Charles@Pitt
Joquie Bell@Chi
CJ Anderson@cincy
J Hill vs Denver

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

:lol:
naturalborn103 wrote:
alpha wrote:Congrats natty. This is my best finish so far in year 3. Hopefully I can win 3rd and break even.
Thanks. Both of us Chicago offense saved me.
capable_keL wrote:smelly bush in the fantasy bowl?
Smelly era > alpha era (no offense alpha)
:lol:

Good luck famo