The 2016-2017 NHL Thread

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

Kiran187

Re: NHL 2014/15

Post by Kiran187 »

LOL I was waiting to see if Random popped up. Congrats homie. Honestly I had picked SJ for the series and I thought that it would go 7 games for sure but Pittsburgh played great. Outskated the Sharks and got production throughout the lineup.

alpha

Post by alpha »

Congrats Pens. Better team won. Helluva ride

Random Sample

Post by Random Sample »

Kiran187 wrote:LOL I was waiting to see if Random popped up. Congrats homie. Honestly I had picked SJ for the series and I thought that it would go 7 games for sure but Pittsburgh played great. Outskated the Sharks and got production throughout the lineup.
Thanks bro. The Pens were relentless. Complete team effort.

Random Sample

Post by Random Sample »

alpha wrote:Congrats Pens. Better team won. Helluva ride
If you told me in December that the Pens would win the cup, I would have :copy: myself.

Insane run from January on. Complete team effort.

Random Sample

Post by Random Sample »

Penguins getting championship belt from the WWE

The belt, modeled after the one that the WWE's heavyweight champ receives, has a few custom tweaks. There are Penguins logos on the side with "2016 Stanley Cup Champions" under. So what did the Penguins do to deserve such an esteemed honor?
Well, a big part of their success was the HBK Line of Carl Hagelin, Nick Bonino and Phil Kessel. The trio took Pittsburgh by storm and also drew the connection to WWE Hall of Famer Shawn Michaels a.k.a. "The Heartbreak Kid" or HBK for short. The nickname led to a relationship with Michaels, who showed up for Game 5 of the Eastern Conference finals to cheer the team on.
Triple H, of course, was Michaels' co-conspirator in Degeneration X, the stable of superstars that dominated the WWE in the late 1990s through the early 2000s. Obviously he appreciated the extra pub the HBK Line brought to his longtime pal and now retired WWE legend.
So there you have it, champions of the NHL and (in a very ring announcer-y voice) your new WORLD... HEAVVVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONS, the Pittsburgh..... PENGUINS.

DLG

Post by DLG »

Homer Simpson

Post by Homer Simpson »