The 2016-2017 NHL Thread

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

Prophecy
not Psychosis

Re: NHL 2014/15

Post by Prophecy »

The Bolts are fun as fuck to watch. They can skate their asses off
"Dosent russian bitches let you shit on their face?" -AxEwOuNdFiStEr-
Masked Terror #1 wrote:We were cranking Slayer on the underwater speakers the whole trip. Sharks love Slayer.
Reggie wrote:Bottom line is that if you're not making rap music because you love it and/or you've got something unique to say, that is, if rap is just your "hustle", then you're a fucking asshole.

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

Yeah they're legit as fuck. All their lines are good. Callahan is having a monster season too...

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

Nice night with Alfie last night. But man, the Sens can't score. It's getting painful watching Turris and Bobby Ryan fail to light the lamp night in, night out.

Glad Methot is back.

jredd109

Post by jredd109 »

so, the oilers had a presser yesterday to say nothing is going to change and they are staying the course. with the core guys they have now...

how bad does it have to get before the league steps in and takes the team away?

Kiran187

Post by Kiran187 »

The league won't do anything. As long as they are financially stable the league doesn't care. At this point it doesn't even make sense for them to make major moves because the other GM's know they are desperate and won't give them full trade value plus what's the point of acquiring a couple players that will get the team from 30th to 25th? The only option they have is to trade some of their core for picks/prospects and plan for next season.
On HNIC last night Nick Kypreos was saying that Mike Babcock could be making a move to Edmonton after his contract expires this season in Detroit. If Edmonton can pull that off it would be a definite step in the right direction. The real issue with Edmonton is that all the ex-oiler greats that are involved in management are absolute shit at their jobs. Darryl Katz needs to give up his fanboy obsession with the 80's era and actually hire some true hockey management talent that is not related to Edmonton in any way before that team will have any real chance.

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

Kevin Klein lost part of his ear, had it sewed on, and scored the OT winner.

Hockey.

Kiran187

Post by Kiran187 »

Pos, what's your feelings on Paul Maclean getting the axe? Justified or no?

an-also

Post by an-also »

http://deadspin.com/jonathan-bernier-hu ... 1668629411" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Jonathan Bernier Humiliatingly Has No Idea Who Nelson Mandela Is

And a transcript of his remarks, minus the almost constant "uhh" and "you know":

Question: Obviously Nelson Mandela, one of the most significant historical figures of the twentieth century. What knowledge or awareness did you have of him growing up, or when did you learn of him?

Bernier: Well obviously growing up, he's one of the most known athletes in the world. A lot of impact in any kind of sport that he did, and even playing hockey, everyone knows him, right? From being the type of person that he was off the ice and on the ice. It's unfortunate that he passed a year ago, but, he changed a lot while he was with us, and he's a tremendous guy.

Bernier: I just think the way he met that is, you know, to me growing up playing sports with my parents was something really special cause I could share, try to be a leader, try to share things, and things like that where, you know when you're a group sport you need to do that right? Be as one, and I think that's what he met, and I think sports is really powerful. A lot of people obviously love to play the game, it can be hockey, basketball football, a lot of people watch that, and I think that's kind of the message I personally got from the…
... :bunk:

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

Kiran187 wrote:Pos, what's your feelings on Paul Maclean getting the axe? Justified or no?
Well, I'm OK with it. I think. Clearly he and Murray were not getting along and Murray is more valuable to this team than maclean. I liked him, sure, but I feel like this is a better team than what they've shown, dating back to last season. I hope there is a plan and the interview process is underway. But maybe the team responds and starts playing more disciplined hockey under Cameron. We'll see.

jredd109

Post by jredd109 »

Positive A wrote:
Kiran187 wrote:Pos, what's your feelings on Paul Maclean getting the axe? Justified or no?
Well, I'm OK with it. I think. Clearly he and Murray were not getting along and Murray is more valuable to this team than maclean. I liked him, sure, but I feel like this is a better team than what they've shown, dating back to last season. I hope there is a plan and the interview process is underway. But maybe the team responds and starts playing more disciplined hockey under Cameron. We'll see.

unfortunately murray is going to die sooner rather than later, so anything he does, he won't be around to see the result of. the real problem in ottawa is the owner is a cheapskate and they have about as much draw for players these days as the oilers and jets.

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

jredd109 wrote:
Positive A wrote:

unfortunately murray is going to die sooner rather than later, so anything he does, he won't be around to see the result of. the real problem in ottawa is the owner is a cheapskate and they have about as much draw for players these days as the oilers and jets.
All true.

Though there's rumors surfacing about a new, downtown arena...not that that makes Ottawa a bigger draw for a free agent or what have you, but it'd be nice.

Alfie 4 GM

Random Sample

Post by Random Sample »

Crosby has the mumps. That makes 5 starting forwards that are out due to injury/sickness

Homer Simpson

Post by Homer Simpson »

say boys..wtf is going on in here eh?
is everybody else's team playing as bad as the Wild?

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

The sens are just infuriaingly inconsistent.

BigCat8

Post by BigCat8 »

Homer Simpson wrote:say boys..wtf is going on in here eh?
is everybody else's team playing as bad as the Wild?
In short... yes.

Two of the top scorers in the league, and we're a sub-.500 squad. And Giroux got a skate to the ankle tonight, which could make things a little fucky. (He's "probable" for tomorrow. We'll see.)

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

Well, Girgensons won the All-Star vote. So there's that.

Kiran187

Post by Kiran187 »

Is that the dude from Latvia? That's hilarious.

an-also

Post by an-also »

Positive A wrote:Well, Girgensons won the All-Star vote. So there's that.
How did this happen? Was this like an internet joke that just snowballed like the florida defensemen who got voted in a few years ago?

BigCat8

Post by BigCat8 »

an-also wrote:
Positive A wrote:Well, Girgensons won the All-Star vote. So there's that.
How did this happen? Was this like an internet joke that just snowballed like the florida defensemen who got voted in a few years ago?
Latvia came out in force to vote him in.

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

This reinhart /duclair /domi line is fucking nasty. Dominant tournament from Canada.

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

Ummmm... What the fuck??

jredd109

Post by jredd109 »

canada v russia son. it's always like this.

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

After the 5-1 lead, they basically let Russia dictate everything on the ice until the horn went to end the period. Fucking brutal hockey from Canada with a four goal lead. And now a PK to begin the third? Nonsense. Bowey's easily had his worst game of the tournament. When he's not making boneheaded mistakes, he's anonymous. I'd be throwing the body at every russian with the puck.

an-also

Post by an-also »

Third period should be insane

jredd109

Post by jredd109 »

they're stupid kids. what do you expect?

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

I know one thing, I'd fuck the shit out of reinhart's mom.

an-also

Post by an-also »

Positive A wrote:I know one thing, I'd fuck the shit out of reinhart's mom.
Fuck yeah

Random Sample

Post by Random Sample »

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Mike Richards has been put on waivers by the Kings.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

FUCK MIKE RICHARDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO TO THE AHL YOU FUCKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

2 points away from a playoff spot baby!

we're COMMIN
Hey, by the way who's Curt?

Kiran187

Post by Kiran187 »

Minny been on the come up the past month ever since they got Dubnyk. Definitely watching out for those fools.