2014-15 Official NBA Season Thread

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

Tweak Da Leak

Re: 2014-15 Official NBA Season Thread

Post by Tweak Da Leak »

stupidregister wrote:Jesus Christ @ people calling Blake Griffin a Top 10 player. WOW.
LOL i guess the stupid does not register...

in terms of important games tonight

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/ ... vs-sixers/
There is a very special game being played tonight, the final night of the NBA regular season, with so much more at stake than just a boring old postseason berth. The Heat and 76ers will meet, each seeking the same draft pick, each needing desperately to lose their game to secure it. Tonight in Philly: it’s Tanknarök.
UBM CD COMING SOON

Blockhead
I made Daylight, yo!

Post by Blockhead »

N/M
Last edited by Blockhead on Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

Am I missing something? Why I just watch that boring ass video.

NO pulled one out and the 8th seed now. Holiday looking pretty good since he's came back. Hope Memphis holds on so SA can meet GS in wcf.

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

looking at Houston roster knowing how many games Howard missed it's nuts they are the 2 seed in the west.

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

Oh no what happened to PG?
Nets 2022

alpha

Post by alpha »

naturalborn103 wrote:looking at Houston roster knowing how many games Howard missed it's nuts they are the 2 seed in the west.
2-6 were all separated by only s couple games. Not a huge achievement like being 10 games better than the second place team in the conference.

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

Reason wrote:Oh no what happened to PG?
Soreness, he will be fine for next season

b. johnson

Post by b. johnson »

Reason wrote:
stupidregister wrote:
Reason wrote: would you agree with that? That he is actually a top ten player that is

I'm there already. I think he is.
Absolutely he is. I was really close to calling him Top 5 in the league in the same echelon as Brow and Durant but I scaled back a little bit because I still want him to do it for longer. But he's definitely top 10. In no order:

James
Durant
Brow
Westbrick
Kawhi
CP3
Steph
Harden
Kyrie/Lillard/LMA/DMC

Whomever else you want to throw in.
:cheers:

the only reason i wouldn't put him in top 5 to top 7 air is less what i think he's capable of and more rewarding other players for having performed without as good a supporting cast/coach or without having to be the #1 focal point game in game out
you're on point here reason. spurs has a way of maximizing a player's potential to the tenth power and even though kawhi is one of my favorite players at the moment, i can't rate him this high. Like i know he's capable and most likely will prove himself, he just hasn't done it yet (play without 4 hall of famers). Is it just me or does kawhi reminds you guys of pippen as well?

put me down as a westbrook hater. i wouldn't rank him in the top 10.

Blake is very questionable as well, but i'd be inclined to say that he deserves top 10 status at the moment.

and yes it is impressive that Houston is performing the way they did with all the injuries. i've been high on the rockets all year and who knows they could have had a similar season to the warriors if they had a healthy year (maybe not quiet as good, but you get the point). The west is going to be awesome. i wouldn't be surprised at all if warriors, rockets, spurs, or grizz make it out. too bad the mavs took a nose dive.

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

^^
:cheers: bjohnson

warning: EXCLUDING rookies and players who ended the season hurt or was hurt for the majority of the season (e.g. durant, carmelo, paul george, kobe, dwight howard, etc. and even joakim noah - even though some were ticky tack injuries he played through he was not himself this year so i'm gonna hold off on judging him for this)

top 50, all in order and separated into tiers:

tier 1
1. lebron james
2. anthony davis

tier 2
3. steph curry
4. james harden
5. chris paul

tier 3
6. marc gasol
7. pau gasol
8. russ westbrook
9. blake griffin

tier 4
10. kawhi leonard
11. lamarcus aldridge
12. demarcus cousins (would rank him one higher if he didn't make stupid decisions...his talent/size/athletic ability are unquestionable. but i've watched whole games of his this year and i have seen him make too many dumb choices to put him higher than this now. and i mean dumb choices on his own, not just ones that he's forced into such as shot clock beating shots or w/e
13. klay thompson

tier 5
14. tim duncan
15. jimmy butler
16. damian lillard
17. kyrie irving

tier 6
18. john wall
19. kyle lowry
20. gordon hayward
21. greek freak
22. deandre jordan
23. andre drummond
24. dwyane wade
25. derrick favors
26. al horford
27. paul millsap
28. dirk nowitzki
29. draymond green
30. ty lawson
31. enes kanter
32. rudy gobert
33. brook lopez
34. mike conley jr.
35. jeff teague
36. serge ibaka

tier 7
37. monta ellis
38. eric bledsoe
39. goran dragic
40. nikola vucevic
41. tyson chandler
42. kevin love
43. dermar derozan
44. chandler parsons (derozan and parsons are pretty much the cutoff for just NOT injured enough this year to make this list)
45. isaiah thomas

tier 8
46. george hill
47. bradley beal
48. tyreke evans
49. marcin gortat
50. manu ginobili
51. khris middleton (ok i lied/cheated. top 51 :-p)
Nets 2022

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

All-NBA WORST Team (must have been a starter the majority of the year, wayne ellington you're so lucky you missed the cutoff)
PG - Trey Burke
SG - Caron Butler (cheating here as he's a SF but his role is similar enough to that of other SGs that it's not that much of a reach, ben mclemore has a bit too much potential to put here)
SF - Kyle Singler
PF - Luc Mbah a Moute
C - Channing Frye (fuck it he's a stretch 4 but frye must be included just because he was that fucking bad)
Nets 2022

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

for all the naysayers who say a college team can't beat an nba team, imagine if an nba team featured that starting 5, there's no way kentucky wouldn't beat them every now and then
Nets 2022

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

alpha wrote:
naturalborn103 wrote:looking at Houston roster knowing how many games Howard missed it's nuts they are the 2 seed in the west.
2-6 were all separated by only s couple games. Not a huge achievement like being 10 games better than the second place team in the conference.
lol gs fans itchy to attack if you say anything positive about harden. Curry going to win mvp and it will be well deserved.

look at all the teams 2-6 and find their 2nd and 3rd best player and then look at rockets. Difference is pretty big.

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

Tweak Da Leak wrote:
There is a very special game being played tonight, the final night of the NBA regular season, with so much more at stake than just a boring old postseason berth. The Heat and 76ers will meet, each seeking the same draft pick, each needing desperately to lose their game to secure it. Tonight in Philly: it’s Tanknarök.
Great effort by the Heat, but they couldn't out tank the 76ers. Heat starting five (all d leagurs) played all the possible minutes except 7. Haslem came off the bench for those 7 minutes. 76ers countered by having embiid coach there team.

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

Paul George (calf) is unsure if he'll undergo an MRI on his left calf after leaving Wednesday's game against the Grizzlies.
While George will now wait to determine the extent of his injury, the silver lining is that it did not involve his surgically-repaired right knee. "Just came off a screen and felt a pop, but they looked at it and it's nothing more than just a calf strain," George said, slowly. "It wasn't a knee injury but it's tough, you work so hard in rehab and have something else pop up. The good thing is, I know we've got a long summer and a lot to look forward to." We'll keep an eye on updates for George, but it sounds like he may have a bit of recovery ahead of him.
Source: Indianapolis Star Apr 16 - 9:42 AM

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

Thanks for the rotoworld update. Not sure what we would do without you.

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

:lol:
Hey, by the way who's Curt?

alpha

Post by alpha »

Lolz

alpha

Post by alpha »

naturalborn103 wrote:
alpha wrote:
lol gs fans itchy to attack if you say anything positive about harden. Curry going to win mvp and it will be well deserved.

look at all the teams 2-6 and find their 2nd and 3rd best player and then look at rockets. Difference is pretty big.
My point was more that they could've easily been a lower seed. No one brings up how much better they are on defense either. That's coaching. Shit beard doesn't hold the other team down all by himself.

Blockhead
I made Daylight, yo!

Post by Blockhead »

EDIT: no clue why that other video popped up...here's what I meant to post