2014-15 Official NBA Season Thread

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

vinylfiend

Re: 2014-15 Official NBA Season Thread

Post by vinylfiend »

capable_keL wrote:
alpha wrote:Let's move on then. Who's beating the dubs in the playoffs when they're gonna have home court the whole way?
Spurs
OKC
Dallas
Houston
Memphis
Clippers
Portland
I think people are underestimating the home court advantage of the "ROARACLE". Best home fans in the NBA, that place is nuts in the playoffs. Almost like the early 2000 kings homecourt when they were still allowed to bring cowbells.

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

best fans in the entire world? I say yes
#roar
#lsj
Hey, by the way who's Curt?

unclebengi

Post by unclebengi »

The Dubs have been great in the regular season, but the post season (even w/ home court) is a different grind and I don't think they've taken enough lumps to get through it yet. The way the Spurs have flipped the switch recently, they're a clear favorite in my eyes. They're healthy, battle tested, deep, and Kawhi is a destroyer right now. I'd also like the Grizz over the Dubs. I think the Spurs and Grizz would be able to force the Dubs to play their styles, especially in crunch time.

Grizz and Dubs play this Friday (Grizz won their only other meeting, they play again in April). I just copped the rest of season League Pass for $50 just to catch all these great playoff preview matchups down the stretch.

alpha

Post by alpha »

They took the Spurs to 6 games in the second round two years ago and the clippers to 7 games the year before. They're built on defense and play the exact same offense as the Spurs. So not sure about a team making them play their style. The Grizz size does worry me tho.

unclebengi

Post by unclebengi »

The style thing was more-so with the Grizz I guess. But I see the Spurs being able to limit the Dubs transition baskets and in crucial crunch time situations Kawhi will be checking Curry. The dubs don't have the flexibility to really be able to cross match like that and as good of a defender as Green is, Duncan isn't the best matchup for him either. The Spurs can get whatever they want in the half court no matter who they play, the Dubs can against most teams, but you can hide a defender on Barnes/Iggy which really hurts their half court O against teams that can really defend.

Also, I'm not saying they're not battle tested at all, but the Spurs and Grizz have a clear edge there.

alpha

Post by alpha »

The transition baskets come off turnovers. Everyone wants to talk about the offense but the dubs have the number defense in the league. They nearly held the Wiz to no FGs in the 3rd. But yes I agree it's probably both those teams who have the best shot to knock them off. If things fall right they'd avoid both till the WCF.

unclebengi

Post by unclebengi »

I'm watching the game, that quarter was impressive. They have all the elements and I think this group of Dubs will win a chip one of these years, I'd just be surprised if it's this year. A healthy Spurs team showed they were head and shoulders above the league last year. They lost no one and their best player is just entering his prime. They're healthy again this year. Home court is the only reason to doubt them.

I truly think it's a 4 team race though. Spurs, Grizz, Cavs, Dubs in the order of most likely to win. Can't see any other teams having a legit chance to win it all.

unclebengi

Post by unclebengi »

I was big upping Kawhi last night and hadn't even seen this write up on Grantland yesterday, his defensive 3 pt graph is crazy. Not that shutting down Wiggins is super hard at this point in his career, but it's a perfect example of how Kawhi silently dominates games- http://grantland.com/the-triangle/claw- ... ter-class/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

binary

Post by binary »

The dubs will have a lot of trouble with the Grizz, Cleveland, and okc.

peanut butter

Post by peanut butter »

I think Durant is done for the season, so I'm not sure OKC will be a real concern. But Memphis, SA and Cleveland are all real threats to the Dubs

PEACE

peanut butter

Post by peanut butter »

First time in my lifetime the Warriors have clinched a division win. Sad but true, and really great that its over. Dubs fans have suffered through countless terrrrrrrrrible teams. Nice to be rewarded with a real contender.

PEACE

Jayou Ayen

Post by Jayou Ayen »

Take it up with Gloss, you White Piece of Shit.

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

Where would you rather be, in OKC's training room or Chicago's?

alpha

Post by alpha »

Lol, okc

Dubs defense killed it tonight. Beat the shit out of the Grizz on their court.

Hayzoos

Post by Hayzoos »

naturalborn103 wrote:Where would you rather be, in OKC's training room or Chicago's?
Could this be the beginning of the end for Durant?
Spottin fools frontin fly

http://www.last.fm/user/fopomofo

alpha

Post by alpha »

If you're a fan of basketball I hope you don't mean that.

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

Hayzoos wrote:
naturalborn103 wrote:Where would you rather be, in OKC's training room or Chicago's?
misery loves company

welcome to The Rose Effect

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

unclebengi wrote:I'm watching the game, that quarter was impressive. They have all the elements and I think this group of Dubs will win a chip one of these years, I'd just be surprised if it's this year. A healthy Spurs team showed they were head and shoulders above the league last year. They lost no one and their best player is just entering his prime. They're healthy again this year. Home court is the only reason to doubt them.

I truly think it's a 4 team race though. Spurs, Grizz, Cavs, Dubs in the order of most likely to win. Can't see any other teams having a legit chance to win it all.
i got it as spurs-dubs really close, then a drop off to the cavs, then another drop off to the grizzlies, rockets, nobody else has even a small chance at winning the chip, not even atlanta even if atlanta somehow takes the east, they won't beat anyone out the west

unclebengi wrote:I was big upping Kawhi last night and hadn't even seen this write up on Grantland yesterday, his defensive 3 pt graph is crazy. Not that shutting down Wiggins is super hard at this point in his career, but it's a perfect example of how Kawhi silently dominates games- http://grantland.com/the-triangle/claw- ... ter-class/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
great article, kawhi is clearly the best non-flashy/least-known player imo

in other news, i got these gems cuz my passion and love are REAL :-p:

and i'm gonna crack up some packs from these three fresh boxes with popabitch on sunday:

Nets 2022

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

peanut butter wrote:I think Durant is done for the season, so I'm not sure OKC will be a real concern
:spidey:

alpha

Post by alpha »

Reason wrote:
unclebengi wrote:I'm watching the game, that quarter was impressive. They have all the elements and I think this group of Dubs will win a chip one of these years, I'd just be surprised if it's this year. A healthy Spurs team showed they were head and shoulders above the league last year. They lost no one and their best player is just entering his prime. They're healthy again this year. Home court is the only reason to doubt them.

i got it as spurs-dubs really close, then a drop off to the cavs, then another drop off to the grizzlies, rockets, nobody else has even a small chance at winning the chip, not even atlanta even if atlanta somehow takes the east, they won't beat anyone out the west

unclebengi wrote:I was big upping Kawhi last night and hadn't even seen this write up on Grantland yesterday, his defensive 3 pt graph is crazy. Not that shutting down Wiggins is super hard at this point in his career, but it's a perfect example of how Kawhi silently dominates games- http://grantland.com/the-triangle/claw- ... ter-class/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
great article, kawhi is clearly the best non-flashy/least-known player imo
:cheers: and kawhi is such a treat to watch. Nh

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

ayo kel how about wiggins dunking on robert sacre then kind of olympic landing in his face, fucking epic

james harden does a eurostep in the lane and gets fouled

wiggins does a eurostep in the lane and dunks the ball with one hand like connie hawkins
Nets 2022

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

Reason wrote:ayo kel how about wiggins dunking on robert sacre then kind of olympic landing in his face, fucking epic

james harden does a eurostep in the lane and gets fouled

wiggins does a eurostep in the lane and dunks the ball with one hand like connie hawkins
The way he gets up looks so effortless. He goes off for 30 every time he goes against Harden

an-also

Post by an-also »

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

Rudy Gobert blocks everything

an-also

Post by an-also »

:ohcanada:

djjeffresh

Post by djjeffresh »

Hayzoos wrote:
nah, just the beginning of the end for OKC title hopes.

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

word to those last 2 vids damn
Nets 2022

peanut butter

Post by peanut butter »

PEACE

Jayou Ayen

Post by Jayou Ayen »

ankles RUined.

Take it up with Gloss, you White Piece of Shit.

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

Kinda looks like Paul slipped on his own