Oscar Tavares

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Oscar Tavares

Post by Philaflava »

arguably one of the brightest young stars baseball had before his untimely death. now a month later, how do you view him?

do you think he will be considered another tragic accident a'la Len Bias?

do you view him as a careless individual who took the incident life his 18 yr girlfriend by being selfish enough to drink 5x over the legal limit and drive wreckless?

philaflava with the moral authority here. im curious to see how you honestly view him now.

Kid That's Lifeless

Re: Oscar Tavares

Post by Kid That's Lifeless »

I've driven blackout drunk many times in my life, so I'm not gonna get on a moral high horse for this one. It's a shame. That's all.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

i'm sure we all have, but when it becomes fatal and involves another person, the free pass usually isn't thrown out so easy.

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

in my eyes he'll always be immortalized for what he was and what he could of been. what happened to him and his girl was tragic.
Hey, by the way who's Curt?

alpha

Post by alpha »

Do I get injury waiver in keeper Jr?

Srs tho, it's always tragic when someone dies young. We'll never know how good he would've turned out to be.

Tommy Bunz

Post by Tommy Bunz »

Kid That's Lifeless wrote:I've driven blackout drunk many times in my life, so I'm not gonna get on a moral high horse for this one. It's a shame. That's all.
You know, this was my first reaction too but now that I think about it, no.
There's never really a justifiable excuse to drink and drive but when you are rich and/or famous there is really no fucking excuse when you could just pay for a driver or have one of your cronies drive you around.
And in Tavares's case, anyone who's followed him as a prospect over the years knows that he's always been dogged by reports of him being hard to coach and just coasting on his natural talents.
This faggot was given more talent than any of us could ever imagine and he didn't appreciate it or respect it. And now two people are dead, one of them a teenage girl. So fuck him.

Jayou Ayen

Post by Jayou Ayen »

He wasn't on the Giants or the Red Sox, so he's a hero to me.
Seriously though, drunk driving is foul as fuck.

Take it up with Gloss, you White Piece of Shit.

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

Tommy Bunz wrote:
Kid That's Lifeless wrote:I've driven blackout drunk many times in my life, so I'm not gonna get on a moral high horse for this one. It's a shame. That's all.
There's never really a justifiable excuse to drink and drive but when you are rich and/or famous there is really no fucking excuse when you could just pay for a driver or have one of your cronies drive you around.
And in Tavares's case, anyone who's followed him as a prospect over the years knows that he's always been dogged by reports of him being hard to coach and just coasting on his natural talents.
This faggot was given more talent than any of us could ever imagine and he didn't appreciate it or respect it. And now two people are dead, one of them a teenage girl. So fuck him.
Your holier then thou act is tired. Kid was 22. You think you were making best decisions in the world at 22? Aren't you like a 35 year old coke head?

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

making the kid's tragic death about yourself is repulsive. I think Gloss was looking for us to summarize how we feel about his legacy not compare ourselves to the late great prodigy
Hey, by the way who's Curt?

Tommy Bunz

Post by Tommy Bunz »

naturalborn103 wrote:
Tommy Bunz wrote:
Your holier then thou act is tired. Kid was 22. You think you were making best decisions in the world at 22? Aren't you like a 35 year old coke head?
:lol: what holier than thou act? My first post was agreeing with KTL that I've driven drunk before. But its not comparing apples to apples.
This kid was a major celebrity in his home country. He could have snapped a finger and had dozens of members of his family or entourage to drive him around at any time.
If I died driving drunk, all that would happen would be that people would be sad. I don't have any kids, don't have anyone depending on me.
Tavares is from a third-world country. If he enjoyed even moderate success at the big-league level he could have changed the lives of hundreds of members of his family and friends for generations. I'm sure his entire family was invested in his success from a very young age and were counting it as their only chance out of poverty.
His death destroyed more than just the two lives. And from all accounts in the scouting community he was incorrigible.
And 22 isn't a kid. 22 is a full-grown man with responsibility. Your personality is fully formed at 22. Just because someone is dead, doesn't make me an asshole for pointing out that they were by all accounts, actually an asshole.
Not everyone who dies young deserves to be immortalized.

And for the record, I'm 31 and rarely do coke. But nice try faggot.