THE OFFICIAL 2015 SUPER BOWL THREAD

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

eternalreflection
I'll Just STFU Now!

Re: 2014 NFL Playoffs

Post by eternalreflection »

Race Car Bed Sleeping Rapist Virgin wrote:Dallas got robbed, we all know this
Sucks to lose like that doesn't it, if Dallas didn't just win a game with an even more bogus call people might feel bad

Joe Pesci

Post by Joe Pesci »

Yeah but following rules isn't very #alpha so I guess he has a point

Jayou Ayen

Post by Jayou Ayen »

Magneto on The Coli wrote:Dallas Fans

Take it up with Gloss, you White Piece of Shit.

jazzmatazz23

Post by jazzmatazz23 »

Jayou Ayen wrote:
Magneto on The Coli wrote:Dallas Fans

hahaha

VideoKilledThe

Post by VideoKilledThe »

alpha wrote:
Joe Pesci wrote:So people want to change a rule that will slant the advantage even further towards receivers in a league where guys are putting up cartoonish video game passing/receiving numbers every year now?
:cheers:
This.

binary

Post by binary »

Race Car Bed Sleeping Rapist Virgin wrote:Dallas got robbed, we all know this
wasn't a catch bro. Gotta deal with it, Dez is a really really really dumb person.

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

siLLy KiD wrote:At least Romo didn't blow the game. #progress
He never got the chance
Hey, by the way who's Curt?

unclebengi

Post by unclebengi »

Newsome=Rob Mathis 2.0

So hype right now. Grigson killed the limited picks he had last draft. Moncrief and Newsome are future pro bowlers taken in the 3rd and 5th rounds.

siLLy KiD

Post by siLLy KiD »

Best thinly veiled diss of all time...

peanut butter

Post by peanut butter »

Team affiliated Twitter accounts been jumped the shark

Peyton chuckin mad ducks today

PEACE

ric

Post by ric »

stupidregister wrote: The ground caused the bobble yet the ground can't cause a fumble? He clearly had possession of the ball until the ball hits the ground. Why is that not a catch? Not only that but after he bobbled it, he was able to pull it back in.

This is probably the worst rule in the NFL.
seriously retarded rule. didn't really fully understand how they made the delineation between the two until last night when they took away the Earl Thomas interception. shit makes zero sense. if ground is an obstacle then ground can cause a fumble. period. if ground cannot cause a fumble then why is ground an obstacle otherwise?

@dlg
saw the pats article. that's a great move by the hood and Co. the way the procedure seems to work ought to be more conducive to a fair playing experience as how is the defense supposed to know who the ineligible man is? the pats respond by saying the defense ought to know and that's their job which is the perfect response. the pats are basically setting the stage to become living asterisks but the ring and the trophy and the money and all that shit is real as fuck so who cares?

it's also well conceived because the eligible man rules are probably a bit cryptic themselves but important and therefore resistant to change. it also may be an important step in the evolution of the game (and ultimately perhaps a reflection of the garbage that is this replay/legalistic culture) in the sense that players or at least coaches and certainly the refs will have to know the rules very very well. it might at some moments resemble the modern legal system because there is all kinds of wacky and fucked up shit if you premise your rule adherence maxims towards "getting it right" (as opposed to say a looser maxim of "making the game work")

ric

Post by ric »

re capers
dudes defense design etc is not sweet but he probably does a ton of awesome shit aside from that. but at the same time. if your offense is one of the best in the league and maintaining that offense is the most important thing for your team the question then becomes "what do we mean when we say 'defense'?"

not everyone can be the 04 steelers

the dead poet

Post by the dead poet »

alpha wrote:
Joe Pesci wrote:So people want to change a rule that will slant the advantage even further towards receivers in a league where guys are putting up cartoonish video game passing/receiving numbers every year now?

Ok then.
http://www.soundcloud.com/rafael-jesus-martinez" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

b. johnson

Post by b. johnson »

this broncos-colts game is boring as shit thus far (terrible offense). It'll probably come down to the wire though.

an-also

Post by an-also »

Love watching Young Dru play.

peanut butter

Post by peanut butter »

VideoKilledThe wrote:
alpha wrote:
This.
The rules favor the passing game. And if you wanna argue that the league should revise some of its rules in order to give the defense a fighting chance, thats fine. But this isn't the rule you should fight in favor of keeping.

PEACE

an-also

Post by an-also »

capable_keL wrote:they should be ashamed for calling this Ice Bowl 2. It's not even cold out
Yeah but it's Fox tho, so I'm not surprised. People are out there with t-shirts and shit. Smh

Joe Pesci

Post by Joe Pesci »

peanut butter wrote:
VideoKilledThe wrote:
alpha wrote:
This.
The rules favor the passing game. And if you wanna argue that the league should revise some of its rules in order to give the defense a fighting chance, thats fine. But this isn't the rule you should fight in favor of keeping.

PEACE
That's fair, but we know the bolded isn't happening anytime soon.

an-also

Post by an-also »

We might be watching Manning's last game.

eternalreflection
I'll Just STFU Now!

Its pretty amazing how fast Manning declined, he was the MVP after 8 games. I think he's just done.

peanut butter

Post by peanut butter »

Trying not to judge too much off of one game, and I hardly watched any Broncos this year, but today Peyton looked cooked

PEACE

unclebengi

Post by unclebengi »

hustler wrote:
unclebengi wrote:I had a good week on the predictions last week, 4-0 including the caveat that the Lions were in good position to pull the upset even though I picked the Cowboys.

This week I'm with Kel though, I'm not giving the Cowboys much of a chance. I don't think Rodgers will have a huge game though, the Cowboys will play coverage and Lacy will eat them alive.

I like the Pats to beat the Ravens pretty easily, just don't think the Ravens will be able to move the ball consistently against the Pats D.

The Panthers don't stand a chance in Seattle.

Picking the Colts against the Broncos. Had the Broncos originally until I realized I had picked all home teams which made it a little easier to go with my gut against my better judgement. The Broncos are a lot better than the Colts on paper from top to bottom, but after seeing the way Luck played last week (especially w/out T-Rich in there to slow the offense down) it's not smart to bet against him right now. I fully expect Luck to outplay Manning, it's just a matter of containing CJ Anderson and limiting the turnovers.
i guarandamntee you will not be going 4-0 on your predictions this week.
As we all already knew, your guarandamntee wasn't worth a damn. 8-0 beta bitch.

eternalreflection
I'll Just STFU Now!

peanut butter wrote:Trying not to judge too much off of one game, and I hardly watched any Broncos this year, but today Peyton looked cooked

PEACE
nah, its been most of the 2nd half of the year. He's been banged up a little which hasn't helped but sometimes the decline phase is more like a cliff

stupidregister

Post by stupidregister »

Anyone who doesn't root for the Colts to win the whole thing is a fucking soulless bastard.
Quality stitched MLB, NBA, NFL, and soccer jerseys: https://www.etsy.com/shop/FanJerseyz" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

unclebengi

Post by unclebengi »

I've heard from a couple people with good sources that P was going to retire regardless after this year. If so it'll be super interesting what Demaryius decides to do if so

alpha

Post by alpha »

He could prob play one more year, but Peyton looks done.

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

Manning is done. He won't be playing next season.

VideoKilledThe

Post by VideoKilledThe »

Peyton is the greatest regular season QB of all time, him struggling in the playoffs is not so much a cliff he has fallen off of but more like a career norm.

Doogs

Post by Doogs »

stupidregister wrote:Anyone who doesn't root for the Colts to win the whole thing is a fucking soulless bastard.

VideoKilledThe

Post by VideoKilledThe »

Where's the guy who said Andrew Luck wasn't big time?