THE OFFICIAL 2015 SUPER BOWL THREAD

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

Stoned Starks

Re: THE OFFICIAL 2015 SUPER BOWL THREAD

Post by Stoned Starks »

Jayou Ayen wrote:Terrible way to lose, but at least it didn't happen to your team.
That shit would drive me crazy for weeks, thinking of what could've been.
It would've been better to have gotten blown out.

Yeah that's pretty much how it feels. If Kearse doesn't make that crazy catch and the ball gets picked there it's much easier to stomach. But hey, at least it was a great game. If Lynch resigns and they add another tall WR and some d-line help no reason they can't be back there again next year like the Spurs last year.

Still: fuck

eternalreflection
I'll Just STFU Now!

Post by eternalreflection »

When do they have to start paying Wilson an actual salary? That is when the party probably stops in Seattle.

Wilson is a fine QB, but he's going to get huge money and he's not actually great. So they have to pay him instead of getting a bunch of extra talent. I don't think we see much of a shakeup next year, Denver the biggest wildcard. If Manning gets healthy and stays healthy they are certainly a threat, if its anything like he was the 2nd half of the year or he retires they are a total non-factor.

Rodgers has to deal with a braindead coach that has likely cost him another superbowl win. He's way above everyone else in the league, just a question of if he can stay healthy and if he can overcome the coach.

Stoned Starks

Post by Stoned Starks »

Ehhh I'd rather have Wilson than anybody not named Rodgers or maybe Luck (though it feels like I'm missing someone). His combination of age, deep passing, elusivity, scrambling and intangibles (luck) is, apparently, still underrated. He's 26. He will improve his short passing, especially if he gets better targets, and if he learns how to beat the blitz consistently what can you do?

With the salary cap going up, signing Wilson at 20-22 mil a year won't, and hasn't, prohibited Seattle from locking up their core. Sure they might lose some depth but I trust their talent identification and development more than anyone else's. People say that losing coordinators will hurt, and it might, but what Carrol really excels at is having a vision and hiring personnel to get the team there. He's a so-so game manager, but in terms of the big picture he's up there with Belichek. It's why Bill, usually so tight lipped, was effusive in praise of Pete in their joint pressed before the Super Bowl.

If you think this team is going away you haven't been paying attention.

alpha

Post by alpha »

Most of the secondary has already signed extensions. I'd take Wilson in that next tier after the big 4. He's better than Romo but not as good as Luck.

hustler

Post by hustler »

alpha wrote:Most of the secondary has already signed extensions. I'd take Wilson in that next tier after the big 4. He's better than Romo but not as good as Luck.
:larry:
thekeentwo wrote:hustler we can totally have sex

Stoned Starks

Post by Stoned Starks »

You're so dumb, dude.

VideoKilledThe

Post by VideoKilledThe »

Stoned Starks wrote:Ehhh I'd rather have Wilson than anybody not named Rodgers or maybe Luck (though it feels like I'm missing someone). His combination of age, deep passing, elusivity, scrambling and intangibles (luck) is, apparently, still underrated. He's 26. He will improve his short passing, especially if he gets better targets, and if he learns how to beat the blitz consistently what can you do?

With the salary cap going up, signing Wilson at 20-22 mil a year won't, and hasn't, prohibited Seattle from locking up their core. Sure they might lose some depth but I trust their talent identification and development more than anyone else's. People say that losing coordinators will hurt, and it might, but what Carrol really excels at is having a vision and hiring personnel to get the team there. He's a so-so game manager, but in terms of the big picture he's up there with Belichek. It's why Bill, usually so tight lipped, was effusive in praise of Pete in their joint pressed before the Super Bowl.

If you think this team is going away you haven't been paying attention.
I disagree with several of these statements.

I realize you're defending your boy Russ, but after those dismissal playoff performances now is not the time to be saying he is the third best QB in football. Because of the rule changes to protect QBs we're going to see guys playing deeper into their 30's, but even with taking age into account, even after the big 4 then Luck, you still have Big Ben, Flacco, Rivers, Romo, Cam. Russ' performances in the playoffs were closer to Andy Dalton than these guys.

Losing coordinators hurts big time, no "might" about it. Saying so discredits the very people who built the Seahawks into what they are.

No way Pete is anywhere near the Gawd Bill in anything, and not in terms of big picture. Belichick has been a coach in the NFL since the 70's, was the linebacker coach with the Giants when they had LT, meaning this was not his 6th trip to the Superbowl, but his 8th. Comparing the two is just silly, and wrong. To get caught up in what Bill said in a presser makes me think you don't watch many of his pressers, cause he gushes over opponents, kills them with kindness, and would almost never say something that could be used a bulletin board material.

I will give this, I don't expect the Seahawks to go away/drift into mediocrity.

Stoned Starks

Post by Stoned Starks »

1. Maybe I wasn't clear, but I was referring to giving Wilson a contract extension. I would rather have Wilson for the next 10+ years than pretty much anyone. Age, injury proneness, etc. WERE factors. And the "QBs play into their 30s" argument works for Wilson too.

2. He played the worst game of his career against Green Bay and still had the fucking balls to lead that comeback. He absolutely destroyed the Panthers. And despite starting slowly he threw for over 10 ypa throwing to Chris Mathews, Ricardo Lockette and Jermaine Kearse in the Super Bowl. Did he have some luck? Hell yeah he did. But he also consistently had to make plays for an offense that frankly isn't all that inspiring when they're not handing off to Lynch, and he's going to get better. Especially if they get him more receiving and o-line help. (He would absolutely murder the league if he had the Cowboys online, Dez and Witten to throw to, and a top 5 RB like Murray)

3. It's pretty clear that no one will ever give Carrol and Schneider the credit they deserve for some reason. Whatever. This was the worst team in the league five years ago, and on Sunday they were one play from going back-to-back.

an-also

Post by an-also »

Stoned Starks wrote: 3. It's pretty clear that no one will ever give Carrol and Schneider the credit they deserve for some reason. Whatever. This was the worst team in the league five years ago, and on Sunday they were one play from going back-to-back.
I don't know what you're talking about. Schindler and Carrol get pretty high praise from around the league.

Ramen

Post by Ramen »

Carrols a good coach, one of the better ones. I would say Belichik and Coughlin stand alone tho.

Stoned Starks

Post by Stoned Starks »

an-also wrote:
Stoned Starks wrote: 3. It's pretty clear that no one will ever give Carrol and Schneider the credit they deserve for some reason. Whatever. This was the worst team in the league five years ago, and on Sunday they were one play from going back-to-back.
I don't know what you're talking about. Schindler and Carrol get pretty high praise from around the league.
You're probably right. And it's kind of a stupid time to be praising the coaching staff after the worst play call ever. But hey, I'm a little bitter!

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

Hey, by the way who's Curt?

DLG

Post by DLG »

not really buying that russ is a top 5 qb talk.

take lynch away and give him an average running game and he's basically dalton/RG3 status

DLG

Post by DLG »

http://www.complex.com/sports/2015/02/g ... -on-tinder" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Jayou Ayen

Post by Jayou Ayen »

Lol at this faggot.

Take it up with Gloss, you White Piece of Shit.

VideoKilledThe

Post by VideoKilledThe »

Stoned Starks wrote:1. Maybe I wasn't clear, but I was referring to giving Wilson a contract extension. I would rather have Wilson for the next 10+ years than pretty much anyone. Age, injury proneness, etc. WERE factors. And the "QBs play into their 30s" argument works for Wilson too.

2. He played the worst game of his career against Green Bay and still had the fucking balls to lead that comeback. He absolutely destroyed the Panthers. And despite starting slowly he threw for over 10 ypa throwing to Chris Mathews, Ricardo Lockette and Jermaine Kearse in the Super Bowl. Did he have some luck? Hell yeah he did. But he also consistently had to make plays for an offense that frankly isn't all that inspiring when they're not handing off to Lynch, and he's going to get better. Especially if they get him more receiving and o-line help. (He would absolutely murder the league if he had the Cowboys online, Dez and Witten to throw to, and a top 5 RB like Murray)

3. It's pretty clear that no one will ever give Carrol and Schneider the credit they deserve for some reason. Whatever. This was the worst team in the league five years ago, and on Sunday they were one play from going back-to-back.
Should have never let Golden Tate go. But you definitely can't do that, AND trade away your best playmaker in Percy (idc if he was locker room cancer). Had to keep one of those two guys, was a major downgrade @WR in comparison to last years team.

I feel like Pete gets a ton of credit, but just shouldn't be compared to legends of the game. Hoodie is in the greatest HC of all time talk.

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

VideoKilledThe wrote: Should have never let Golden Tate go.
agreed, but Tate fucked Wilson's wife and Wilson forced the front office to trade him because they had Percy as the contingency plan.
Hey, by the way who's Curt?

hustler

Post by hustler »

capable_keL wrote:
VideoKilledThe wrote: Should have never let Golden Tate go.
agreed, but Tate fucked Wilson's wife and Wilson forced the front office to trade him because they had Percy as the contingency plan.
:lol: :lol: :lol: ya, funny shit.

hustler

Post by hustler »

it actually worked out well for him business wise since he divorced her before he signed the big contract hes about to get.
#MOB

Ramen

Post by Ramen »

Jayou Ayen wrote:Lol at this faggot.

did dude even play at all, srs?