THE OFFICIAL 2015 SUPER BOWL THREAD

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

alpha

Re: THE OFFICIAL 2015 SUPER BOWL THREAD

Post by alpha »

was this post made from your bunker with your internet bouncing off servers all across the globe while you adjust your foil hat?

Jayou Ayen

Post by Jayou Ayen »

It must have been incredible to celebrate like this with all those watt people.

Take it up with Gloss, you White Piece of Shit.

wheels

Post by wheels »

Seahawks lined up illegally. Send the Pack to the superbowl while we're at it.

Tweak Da Leak

Post by Tweak Da Leak »

Maybe cut the Pats salary cap for 2-3 years.
UBM CD COMING SOON

DLG

Post by DLG »

ThaJim2 wrote:
eternalreflection wrote:funny thing is the NFL has basically shown they can do whatever they want with punishment like ADP where the reneg on a deal and just say fuck off

sending the Colts to the superbowl is too far imo
For the game to have any integrity the colts have to go.

I will tell you why the NFL fights like hell to stop the spread of sports books because they might actually be held accountable. The books have to take the Superbowl off the board and if they don't Nevada Regulators need to step and do so. How can anyone know that this is any more on the up and up then WWF? I would say NBC should show some integrity and decline to air it but they wont.

Anyone that cheers on baseball hacks ignoring the games greatest because of PED but watches the Superbowl is a hypocrite and are bullshit on morality.
Colts don't deserve to go. period.

Patriots should get similar punishment NO did for bountygate. Let Bellichick sit out next season, have Brady sit out at least half of it.

unclebengi

Post by unclebengi »

I think a draft pick is the most likely penalty. Can't see them suspending Hoodie or Brady without knowing definitively that one of them was responsible.

ric

Post by ric »

ThaJim2 wrote: I will tell you why the NFL fights like hell to stop the spread of sports books because they might actually be held accountable.
this is actually an interesting idea.
I mean there's a lot of people who claim to love football that couldn't tell you the name of any rb for half the teams in the league. people love winning fantasy football/gambling but don't actually watch the games or at least basically lose interest in the 2nd and 3rd quarters.

eternalreflection
I'll Just STFU Now!

Post by eternalreflection »

NE went from average in fumbles through 2006. 07 on they are the lowest fumble rate by a substantial margin. 07 conveniently being the first year they could use their own balls, solid chance they've been cheating for years before finally getting caught (again lol)

Also Brady was lying his ass off in that interview no equipment manager would dare fuck with the ball without the QB signing off

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

In 06 and in 05 Patriots had 2nd fewest fumbles in the league.

Julius Seizure

Post by Julius Seizure »

I'm a pats fan. This has been brutal. If they cheated and there is a coverup, I think there should be a pretty stiff penalty. If you look at the rule, the penalty is listed as up to but not limited to a $25k fine. I think that number gives you a sense of how seriously the league takes this rules infraction; $25k is nothing. But the league was smart to write the rule in a way that leaves them space to assess a harsher penalty than that for situations with mitigating circumstances. In this situation, there are (and could be as yet unproven) major mitigating circumstances; (1) the magnitude of the game, (2) the level of deceit in order to provide an advantage in wet conditions, (3) the patriots history of break the rules (spygate), (4) the coverup of the crime (assuming they did something wrong and lied).

Of course I'm hoping that we stomp the ever loving shit out of the Seahawks and are then exonerated by the league in a way that proves beyond a doubt we did nothing wrong. You hate ppl from NE now? That shit would be amazing. I'd never stop talking shit.

If it is proven we cheated and lied, you start with a $25k fine and go from there. Double the fines from spygate for beli and the team. Same fine for Brady that the coach gets. And then one of the following: either Brady/beli are both suspended for the first 4 games or we lose our 1st rd pick. To me, that would be fair.

I don't think year long suspensions are in order. The saints situation was about player safety and it came right in the midst of the early momentum of the brain injury situation for the lg.

I'm trying to be reasonable about it. I don't think deflating balls is much worse than doctoring a baseball, and the $25k fine the rule book throws out there indicates that if this happened in week 2, nobody gives a shit (esp if it wasn't the pats). But if belichick, Brady, and Kraft are all lying? Wow - throw the book at them.

If they did it, they would have been much better off admitting they did it right away and try to broker a deal w goodell so the penalty wasn't too extreme.

I don't know what to make of it. For all three of these guys to stake their entire reputations on this? They'd have to been crazy.

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

DLG wrote:
ThaJim2 wrote:
eternalreflection wrote:funny thing is the NFL has basically shown they can do whatever they want with punishment like ADP where the reneg on a deal and just say fuck off

I will tell you why the NFL fights like hell to stop the spread of sports books because they might actually be held accountable. The books have to take the Superbowl off the board and if they don't Nevada Regulators need to step and do so. How can anyone know that this is any more on the up and up then WWF? I would say NBC should show some integrity and decline to air it but they wont.

Anyone that cheers on baseball hacks ignoring the games greatest because of PED but watches the Superbowl is a hypocrite and are bullshit on morality.
Colts don't deserve to go. period.

Patriots should get similar punishment NO did for bountygate. Let Bellichick sit out next season, have Brady sit out at least half of it.
There is 0% chance they would take super bowl off the books if gambling was legal. They wouldn't even consider it.

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

ric wrote:
ThaJim2 wrote: I will tell you why the NFL fights like hell to stop the spread of sports books because they might actually be held accountable.
this is actually an interesting idea.
I mean there's a lot of people who claim to love football that couldn't tell you the name of any rb for half the teams in the league. people love winning fantasy football/gambling but don't actually watch the games or at least basically lose interest in the 2nd and 3rd quarters.
People who seriously gamble pay more attention then anyone.

DLG

Post by DLG »

http://www.sharpfootballanalysis.com/bl ... of-in-2007" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

ric

Post by ric »

@naturalborn
yes upon revisiting this post yesterday I also came to the conclusion that my response was exactly opposite what I and the rest of the viewers would like it to be. when I read Jims post something else was going through my head don't ask cause I don't know.

that said I'm not so sure the influence of gambling is really the greatest thing for football

ric

Post by ric »

@sharp football
1) I'm not saying there's nothing there in the way of long term deflation and how that has affected "fumble rates" over there
2) but this is a shallow circumstantial analysis
3) belichick is also really the only coach in the league who will bench named starters for multiple games due to fumbling
4a) remember law firm? at NE a place where not fumbling is obviously very important he had zero recordable fumbles according to profootballreference. at cincy (a place where fumble protection is not a priority) law firms fumble rate was about 1/100. according to sports reference and the article below that I believe was posted here about the subject his freshman and sophomore years at Indiana he fumbled 7 times in about 500 carries then as junior and senior at ole miss he had about 500 carries and fumbled 3 times.
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=l ... les_012912" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
4b) Law firms rb coach ended up coaching at lsu (which should make sense and I am in complete agreeance that fumbling can be drilled out of people) and what a fucking surprise Steven ridley and a plethora of young backs are from lsu are we really shocked at this?
5) however sharp football throws their hands up in the air saying only 'Its not like belichick is teaching them some magic way to hold the ball' lololololololol
fuck sharp football

just adding on. Shane Vereen came from cal (another rb university) and his fumble rate in nfl has been about 1/100. Corey dillon wasn't exactly Mr protect the football either. first year with NE he had 5 fumbles off 350 carries. years 2 and 3 he combined for 3 fumbles off 400 carries (final year was 2006) lolz guess where dillon came from too? cincy lololol

DLG

Post by DLG »

ric wrote:@sharp football
3) belichick is also really the only coach in the league who will bench named starters for multiple games due to fumbling
coughlin does too

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

ThaJim2 wrote:

This is the absolute worst post of 2015 so far.

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

Why Those Statistics About The Patriots' Fumbles Are Mostly Junk
http://regressing.deadspin.com/why-thos ... 10/+kylenw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

also

ThaJim2

Post by ThaJim2 »

Race Car Bed Sleeping Rapist Virgin wrote:
ThaJim2 wrote:

This is the absolute worst post of 2015 so far.
Sorry Santa is not real and the NFL is more fixed then the WWF.

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

naturalborn103 wrote:Why Those Statistics About The Patriots' Fumbles Are Mostly Junk
http://regressing.deadspin.com/why-thos ... 10/+kylenw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

also

it's a noteworthy rebuttal but you can find a tweet or youtube video to substantiate any argument on earth

the sad thing is the entire Patriot legacy will be forever tarnished
Hey, by the way who's Curt?

Prophecy
not Psychosis

Post by Prophecy »

naturalborn103 wrote:Why Those Statistics About The Patriots' Fumbles Are Mostly Junk

also

The founder of Advanced Football Analytics basically called that article a joke on twitter
Last edited by Prophecy on Wed Jan 28, 2015 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Dosent russian bitches let you shit on their face?" -AxEwOuNdFiStEr-
Masked Terror #1 wrote:We were cranking Slayer on the underwater speakers the whole trip. Sharks love Slayer.
Reggie wrote:Bottom line is that if you're not making rap music because you love it and/or you've got something unique to say, that is, if rap is just your "hustle", then you're a fucking asshole.

Ramen

Post by Ramen »

They fined Marshawn for his hat? Just let him play football bruh.

Ramen

Post by Ramen »

drobizhek

Post by drobizhek »

Ramen wrote:
Fuck dat. That is a terrible tweet.

alpha

Post by alpha »

Wow. So dumb.

So what's everyone eating or making on Sunday? Who's getting drunk?

VideoKilledThe

Post by VideoKilledThe »

Tacos, loaded potato skins, yes and then some.

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

doing the taco bar too. making guac, kel salsa, circus style

getting a keg of Surly

csb

Ramen

Post by Ramen »

capable_keL wrote:doing the taco bar too. making guac, kel salsa, circus style
Fringing on copyright infringement

Prophecy
not Psychosis

Post by Prophecy »

getting a keg of Surly

csb
:ohsh: What beer you rolling with?
"Dosent russian bitches let you shit on their face?" -AxEwOuNdFiStEr-
Masked Terror #1 wrote:We were cranking Slayer on the underwater speakers the whole trip. Sharks love Slayer.
Reggie wrote:Bottom line is that if you're not making rap music because you love it and/or you've got something unique to say, that is, if rap is just your "hustle", then you're a fucking asshole.

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

Prophecy wrote:

getting a keg of Surly

csb
:ohsh: What beer you rolling with?
Furious. The brewery is a few minutes away from the crib. Doomtree did their album release there last night lol