THE OFFICIAL 2015 SUPER BOWL THREAD

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

THE OFFICIAL 2015 SUPER BOWL THREAD

Post by capable_keL »

Saturday, Jan. 3 4:35 p.m. ET Arizona at Carolina
Saturday, Jan. 3 8:15 p.m. ET Baltimore at Pittsburgh
Sunday, Jan. 4 1:05 p.m. ET Cincinnati at Indianapolis
Sunday, Jan. 4 4:40 p.m. ET Detroit at Dallas

Hey, by the way who's Curt?

DLG

Re: 2014 NFL Playoffs

Post by DLG »

Panthers win by 7.

Pittsburgh crushes Baltimore.

Bengals win if Dalton doesn't turn it over.

Detroit makes it a close game if they stop Murray and make Romo have to be more than a game manager.

Joe Pesci

Post by Joe Pesci »

Cards - Banged up at QB but Carolina is still a pretty lousy team that got lucky in a terrible division
Steelers- All around better team than Baltimore
Bengals- Colts haven't looked impressive in weeks, think Marvin Lewis finally wins one
Cowboys- Dallas will lose in hilarious fashion at some point in the playoffs, not this week tho

an-also

Post by an-also »

They have to fix the format. Carolina shouldn't be hosting a playoff game.

VideoKilledThe

Post by VideoKilledThe »

an-also wrote:They have to fix the format. Carolina shouldn't be hosting a playoff game.
Yep.

Lots of important pieces in question...does Suh get suspended for the discount double stomp? Is AJ Green healthy? Is Le'veon Bell healthy?

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

League stays protecting Godgers. Suh looking at 1 game suspension (per my source)

an-also

Post by an-also »

capable_keL wrote:League stays protecting Godgers. Suh looking at 1 game suspension (per my source)
Lets be honest though, its not like this is the first time Suh has done such a thing. He's got a lot of history of idiotic cheap stuff.

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

an-also wrote:
capable_keL wrote:League stays protecting Godgers. Suh looking at 1 game suspension (per my source)
Lets be honest though, its not like this is the first time Suh has done such a thing. He's got a lot of history of idiotic cheap stuff.
agreed 100% but it looked like an accident

but it prolly wasn't

unclebengi

Post by unclebengi »

I could see a winning scenario for the Bengals if Jeremy Hill gets 25+ carries, but the Colts have so many more ways to win that game especially at home. The Colts haven't played well recently, but they should have everyone who's not on IR healthy at home against a Bengal team they beat 27-0 earlier this year. The Bengals didn't have AJ Green then, but they probably won't have him (at least at 100%) this time either. Guys like Dwayne Allen and TY Hilton who've been banged up in recent weeks should allow the Colts offense to play up to it's capabilities. The one thing that concerns me is Reggie Wayne and Trent Richardson getting too much playing time as neither player offers anything that can help them win. Boom Herron has started the last two games should be comfortably above Trent on the depth chart heading into this game. Wayne will likely still play, but if the team is smart he'll be the 4th receiver behind TY, Nicks, and Moncrief.

Carolina will likely beat AZ due to Lindley playing QB, but does it really matter?

I like the Steelers to win if Bell can play and be Bell, I like the Ravens to win if not.

Det/Dal is theoretically the best game, but I'd have a hard time picking against Dallas at home the way they've been playing. I actually think the Lions are a bad matchup for them with the way they can stop the run and the talent of CJ and Tate on the outside, but Dallas has been playing all season just for the chance to play this game.

edit- if Suh doesn't play, I won't be nearly as conflicted about the Boys/Lions game

Ramen

Post by Ramen »

Cowboys line is ridiculous, even with Suh i dont see them losing to the Lions. Stafford sucks, he's never beaten a team with a winning record on the road in his career.

unclebengi

Post by unclebengi »

Everything about that statement is correct, but I'd still be scared to confidently pick the Cowboys to win their 1st playoff game in years (even a home game against the Lions). Demarco's injury still worries me, the game flow the last two weeks doesn't exactly replicate playoff football. This is the pressure game for the Cowboys, it means more to them than any other team playing this weekend, lets see how they handle it. If they win they'll be playing with house money next week.

Ramen

Post by Ramen »

The O line and the run game has kept Romo at bay, I do think the true Romo is waiting in the wings ready for the opportune moment to resurface. Just doesnt happen this game.

ric

Post by ric »

Dallas built this team on oline then got a new highly qualified dc. if oline is healthy they are going to go deeper into the playoffs then people think. Murray leads the league in yards from scrimmage and dominates the stat for total touches. this is what a good oline plus zone run game looks like and Murray is fulfilling his pedigree from ou and dez is doing exactly what we thought he would do.

it will be Seahawks cowboys nfc championship

the afc is way muddier. Luck is a force to be reckoned with. new England is always in it no matter what and it may be Peytons last hurrah. also by some miracle the steelers are in this shit may all the gods bless the shit out of them I don't know how they got to this point but some of these dudes are playing on their last legs i just hope a steel run is serious business but they will probably have to play the Patriots in which case fuck me

unclebengi

Post by unclebengi »

I'd be pretty shocked if it's not a Pats/Seahawks Super Bowl, those two seem a cut above from top to bottom

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

NFL suspended Ndamukong Suh one game for violating the league's policy on player safety.
Suh is appealing the decision. Unlike teammate Dominic Raiola, we'd guess there's actually a chance Suh gets his ban overturned considering the relatively mild nature of his offense and the fact that he's being suspended for a playoff game. But it's also quite possible the league is simply through with Suh's antics, and won't entertain a reversal. Either way, it's comeuppance for a consistently-dirty player. The ban severely dents Detroit's chances of springing an upset on the road against the Cowboys. Few players bring interior pressure the way Suh does. DeMarco Murray could run wild if Suh isn't there to cave the pocket.
Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter Dec 29 - 2:42 PM
#ITSALLFALLINGINTOPLACE

VideoKilledThe

Post by VideoKilledThe »

Ramen wrote:Cowboys line is ridiculous, even with Suh i dont see them losing to the Lions. Stafford sucks, he's never beaten a team with a winning record on the road in his career.
Stafford at times looks like Jay Cutler, a strong arm turnover machine.

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

VideoKilledThe wrote:
Ramen wrote:Cowboys line is ridiculous, even with Suh i dont see them losing to the Lions. Stafford sucks, he's never beaten a team with a winning record on the road in his career.
Don't forget lions former offensive coordinator Scott Linehan is now with Dallas and surely knows staffords tendencies

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

VideoKilledThe wrote:
and both seem to look worse as the season progresses

eternalreflection
I'll Just STFU Now!

Post by eternalreflection »

an-also wrote:They have to fix the format. Carolina shouldn't be hosting a playoff game.
it wasn't them just fucking things up for the 4v5 game, the aidsfest of the NFC South also let 3 teams from the lucksack division(AFC North) in

AFC north not only got 4 games vs NFC South, they also got to play Tennessee and Jacksonville

eternalreflection
I'll Just STFU Now!

Post by eternalreflection »

unclebengi wrote:I'd be pretty shocked if it's not a Pats/Seahawks Super Bowl, those two seem a cut above from top to bottom
Homefield matters more this year than most, with the exception of Dallas. All the contenders are awful on the road, while very dominant at home.

Also think every team this year is a fair bit weaker than last year's Seattle team.

hustler

Post by hustler »

just curious, who else is all in with BIG D?
thekeentwo wrote:hustler we can totally have sex

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

Suh wins appeal: will play this week

DLG

Post by DLG »

During appeal, Ndamukong Suh said his feet were numb from cold and he couldn't tell difference between Aaron Rodgers' feet and the ground.

:lol:

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

:lol:

an-also

Post by an-also »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

ric

Post by ric »

an-also wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

Which will Cardinals-Panthers resemble more: Playoff football or preseason football?

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

Based on that first pass by Lindley, neither. Sandlot football is the correct answer.

an-also

Post by an-also »

Based on the play by the Panther punt returner, pee wee football.

Prophecy
not Psychosis

Post by Prophecy »

"Dosent russian bitches let you shit on their face?" -AxEwOuNdFiStEr-
Masked Terror #1 wrote:We were cranking Slayer on the underwater speakers the whole trip. Sharks love Slayer.
Reggie wrote:Bottom line is that if you're not making rap music because you love it and/or you've got something unique to say, that is, if rap is just your "hustle", then you're a fucking asshole.