Keeperstown - 2015

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

Dwight Strawberry

Keeperstown - 2015

Post by Dwight Strawberry »

Ok dick lickers, league is live and email invites sent...same old shit, new season.

Congrats again to Don Zimmer's Revenge on last seasons title. I don't think you spent a day in 2nd place. Fucker.

Select your 11 keepers by Monday, 3/23. Do it online, click on them and shit.

Draft is Monday, 3/30 at 9:45pm EST. Make it work, please...I do not want to move this date and time.

$25 paypal to keberry22@yahoo.com

Prize:
1st $225
2nd $100
3rd $25

Draft Order (waiver pick):

1. It's Goin Down (14)
2. Go Sox (12)
3. Antlerspooze (10)
4. HoJo's Heros (1)
5. Jean Ru (11)
6. Mike Lawrie (13)
7. Springer's Dingers (7)
8. The 109ers (5)
9. Can of Corn (9)
10. Beantown Bullies (8)
11. Planet Whore (4)
12. Roy's Jive Turkeys (3)
13. Keep it .300 (6)
14. Don Zimmer's Revenge (2)

Good luck you fucking fucks.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Re: Keeperstown - 2015

Post by Philaflava »

#1 pick and players available for trade.

Xander Bogaerts
Miguel Cabrera
Jacoby Ellsbury
Chris Davis
Maikel Franco
Víctor Martínez
Joc Pederson
Ken Giles
Cole Hamels
Trevor Rosenthal
Stephen Strasburg
Adam Wainwright
Jered Weaver

Tommy Bunz

Post by Tommy Bunz »

We need to put rules in place to keep people from performing shameless tank jobs like gloss did last year.
Didn't even roster a team for like the entire last month.

jredd109

Post by jredd109 »

Tommy Bunz wrote:We need to put rules in place to keep people from performing shameless tank jobs like gloss did last year.

it'd also be an idea to change the time free agents become available to keep certain people who are up at ungodly hours from getting first crack at free agents day in, day out and using the free agent pool as an extended bench of players. make free agents available at 8pm eastern. everyone should be up and able to have a go at that time. also limiting roster moves to keep said person mentioned above from using 100+ something moves. it got a little ridiculous last season.

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

Tommy Bunz wrote:We need to put rules in place to keep people from performing shameless tank jobs like gloss did last year.
how do you propose we do that?
Hey, by the way who's Curt?

Tommy Bunz

Post by Tommy Bunz »

I don't know but maybe finishing in last actually results in some sort of penalty instead of an automatic #1 pick?
Or at least put minimum limits on innings pitched and games played at each position, and if you don't reach them you pick last or lose your team.
People should be motivated to try to compete the entire year.

peanut butter

Post by peanut butter »

Is there any way we can move the draft to a weekend? Weekday evenings are really tough for me to make

PEACE

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

the draft is usually planned around Roy's wife. Roy ain't trying to get fucking divorced.

@bunz, the only saving grace to having a bad season is the hopes of landing the next jose abreu (ask myjah), Tanaka or Sexton.
Hey, by the way who's Curt?

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

Tommy Bunz wrote:I don't know but maybe finishing in last actually results in some sort of penalty instead of an automatic #1 pick?
Or at least put minimum limits on innings pitched and games played at each position, and if you don't reach them you pick last or lose your team.
People should be motivated to try to compete the entire year.

I hated what I did, but I saw absolutely no other option. I was too far removed with injuries and instead of placing 8th or 9th, I tanked. It has been going on since the start of fantasy and that was the first time I've ever done it. It feels dirty but like you said, let's put some rules in place and I'll support it. Otherwise, it's going to happen again and again. Also, Ripweblo did the same thing the prior year and I believe he placed 2nd last year.

Gregg Popabitch

Post by Gregg Popabitch »

oh i didn't even realize that was happening. that's kind of grimey. that actually cheats teams who are actually piss poor and limits their chances of improvement even though they have more integrity.

i never knew gloss would stoop to such levels.

Tommy Bunz

Post by Tommy Bunz »

Yeah, its really gay. I'm also 100% down for what jredd suggested regarding add/drop limits. I forget who exactly was doing it but someone was adding/dropping usable players at three in the morning for the sole purpose of keeping other managers from being able to pick them up.
All this shady unethical shits got to go.
Will absolutely be doing something to address this in Keeper Jr.

Dwight Strawberry

The issues have been noted and are under review within the Commissioners chambers. My cabinet members and I plan to address managers of any changes within the next 2 to 3 business days.

Gregg Popabitch

Tommy Bunz wrote:Yeah, its really gay. I'm also 100% down for what jredd suggested regarding add/drop limits. I forget who exactly was doing it but someone was adding/dropping usable players at three in the morning for the sole purpose of keeping other managers from being able to pick them up.
the add dropping thing doesn't bother me as much as not playing your players at the end of the season. there is just something fundamentally wrong with doing the latter imo.

i honestly don't care about the add dropping thing. if you guys make a rule against it, fine. if you guys don't, fine. personally, i actually like that type of outside the box style of managing a team to victory. but that's me.

alpha

Post by alpha »

Tommy Bunz wrote:Yeah, its really gay. I'm also 100% down for what jredd suggested regarding add/drop limits. I forget who exactly was doing it but someone was adding/dropping usable players at three in the morning for the sole purpose of keeping other managers from being able to pick them up.
Not my league here obv, but he does the same shit in keeper and every other P league I'm in with him.

Tommy Bunz

Post by Tommy Bunz »

Gregg Popabitch wrote:
the add dropping thing doesn't bother me as much as not playing your players at the end of the season. there is just something fundamentally wrong with doing the latter imo.

i honestly don't care about the add dropping thing. if you guys make a rule against it, fine. if you guys don't, fine. personally, i actually like that type of outside the box style of managing a team to victory. but that's me.
If you're doing it with a single player that you know will block a specific team that you need to beat in a category, that's good strategy.
Blatantly adding and dropping every pitcher that could be streamed for a start on the entire waiver wire is just fucking cheap.
I love weekly add/drop limits. Then if you choose to be an asshole and block someone you might have wasted a move that you might need later.

Tommy Bunz

Post by Tommy Bunz »

Springers Dingers would like to make some moves to balance my roster pre-draft. I've got too many stud OF but I'm light on speed and pitching. Anyone want to talk shop pm me.
I'm willing to discuss any player.

C - Jonathan Lucroy
1B - Prince Fielder, Matt Adams
2B - Robinson Cano
SS - Alexei Ramirez
3B - Pablo Sandoval
OF - Adam Jones
OF - Jose Bautista
OF - Matt Holliday
OF - Jorge Soler
OF - George Springer

SP - Jeff Samardzija
SP - Shelby Miller
SP - Matt Cain
SP - Phil Hughes
SP - Danny Salazar
RP - David Robertson

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

alpha wrote:
Not my league here obv, but he does the same shit in keeper and every other P league I'm in with him.
Ripweblo does that in every league. It's allowed so until there is something in place that either allows a longer period of time on the wire or a restriction of weekly add/drops then it's fair game.

Dwight Strawberry

I looked into enforcing a minimum games played or innings pitched setting in the Commissioner tools and I could not find anything. I also don't have time to babysit every team and ensure they are setting their lineups. So, all you fuckers do your part and play to win. If you intentionally tank from here on out, you have to wear the fantasy scarlet letter of shame.

Also, I did not see any options to set add/drops to a certain time frame. Looking at previous seasons, I think we will be ok with a 75 move cap. What do you all think?

jredd109

Post by jredd109 »

Dwight Strawberry wrote:I looked into enforcing a minimum games played or innings pitched setting in the Commissioner tools and I could not find anything. I also don't have time to babysit every team and ensure they are setting their lineups. So, all you fuckers do your part and play to win. If you intentionally tank from here on out, you have to wear the fantasy scarlet letter of shame.

Also, I did not see any options to set add/drops to a certain time frame. Looking at previous seasons, I think we will be ok with a 75 move cap. What do you all think?

75 should be plenty.

Gregg Popabitch

WE SHOULD DOCK GLOSS A FIRST ROUND PICK

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

we should dock you 75 wives

Gregg Popabitch

Mike Trout
Han Ram
Pedroia
Alex Rios
Brett Lawrie
Gregory Polanco
Javier Baez

Madison Bumgarner
Jordan Zimmerman
Greg Holland
Sony Gray

there are a couple other guys on my roster that i wouldn't mind keeping so if there are players on my keeper list that anyone is interested in, i'm willing to talk trade.

Also, I'm upset that I can't keep Oscar Taveras.

Fake Edit:

Guys i'm not keeping as of now- Brandon Belt, Wilin Rosario, Matt Wieters, Russell Martin, Mike zunino, Mike Moustakas, Wilmer Flores, Santiago Casilla, Jake Odorizzi, Danny Farqhar, Edinson Volquez, Dylan Bundy, Josh Fields, Chad Qualls, Aaron Sanchez.

peanut butter

Post by peanut butter »

peanut butter wrote:Is there any way we can move the draft to a weekend? Weekday evenings are really tough for me to make

PEACE
Shouts to Roy's whiskeydick and whatnot but it'd really be ideal to switch this up while there's still time

PEACE

Dwight Strawberry

Keepers as of now

Freeman
Murphy
Castro
Wright
McCutchan
Braun
Teheran
DeGrom
Ross
Wheeler
Kennedy

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

K.A.O.N.

1. Miguel Cabrera
2. Young Joc Pederson
3. Xander Bogaerts
4. V-Mart
5. Jacoby Ellsbury
6. Hamels
7. Wainwright
8. Strasburg
9. Chris Davis
10. Trevor Rosenthal or Ken Giles
11. Maikel Franco

peanut butter

Post by peanut butter »

peanut butter wrote:
peanut butter wrote:Is there any way we can move the draft to a weekend? Weekday evenings are really tough for me to make

PEACE
Shouts to Roy's whiskeydick and whatnot but it'd really be ideal to switch this up while there's still time

PEACE
What the fuck?!!?

PEACE

Dwight Strawberry

PB...Weekend nights are tough since I know a couple peeps in the league who work weekend nights. That restaurant industry...know what I mean...

Is there a better weekday night that will work? We are 45+ days out from the draft right now, can't ya make this work playa?

peanut butter

Post by peanut butter »

Weekday nights are rough for me. If weekend nights wont work for others, what about weekend mornings?

PEACE

Gregg Popabitch

Dwight, it would have been hilarious if you kept ignoring him.

Weekend mornings sound terrible but i'll try to work that out.

Dwight Strawberry

Weekend mornings are a no go. I have kids, other managers have kids, it's just too much...

Would it help if I made the draft later on a weeknight? Start it at 10 or 10:30pm?