Keeperstown - 2015

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Re: Keeperstown - 2015

Post by Philaflava »

Dwight Strawberry wrote:
Hello Planet Whore

Thank you for being a Yahoo user since 2000. We appreciate you choosing to use Yahoo and truly hope you continue to use Sports, Mail, and Messenger, as you have been.

I apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you. Please be assured that we are aware minor league players are available in drafts even though leagues are configured for "Wait until called up to Majors". We hope to have it fixed promptly. I have added your details to our investigation.

We appreciate you reporting it to us, and thank you for your patience and understanding.

Additional information on this, and other Yahoo products, can be found on the http://help.yahoo.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.

If you have any further issues Kevn, please let me know and I will be happy to assist you.

Thanks,

Andy

Yahoo Customer Care
http://www.yahoo.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Fuck fat Andy. They had all year to get it right. When will it be fixed a week after Opening Day? Yahoo faggots.

Dwight Strawberry

Post by Dwight Strawberry »

Philaflava wrote:
Dwight Strawberry wrote:
Hello Planet Whore

Thank you for being a Yahoo user since 2000. We appreciate you choosing to use Yahoo and truly hope you continue to use Sports, Mail, and Messenger, as you have been.

I apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you. Please be assured that we are aware minor league players are available in drafts even though leagues are configured for "Wait until called up to Majors". We hope to have it fixed promptly. I have added your details to our investigation.

We appreciate you reporting it to us, and thank you for your patience and understanding.

Additional information on this, and other Yahoo products, can be found on the http://help.yahoo.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.

If you have any further issues Kevn, please let me know and I will be happy to assist you.

Thanks,

Andy

Yahoo Customer Care
http://www.yahoo.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Fuck fat Andy. They had all year to get it right. When will it be fixed a week after Opening Day? Yahoo faggots.
I do love how he addresses me as Planet Whore

Roy Johnson

Post by Roy Johnson »

Gregg Popabitch wrote:
Roy Johnson wrote:Did Popabitch fall off? I mean, Bogaerts stock is pretty low right now.

I guess we're all getting old and stupid.
i'm definitely old and stupid.

but i like bogaerts to hit around .270 and hit 15 HRs this year.
Shut the fuck up, you're one of the smartest guys on this site. You're throwing Gloss a life preserver here.

Not that he really needs it. He's got 4 aces: Strasburg, Wainwright, Zimmerman, Hamels. There are 4 or 5 owners in this league that would kill to have just one of those guys.

And now you only have 2 starters: Bumgarner and Sonny Gray. I can't wait to see what you do in the draft. Good luck with Yovani Gallardo and Brett Anderson.
Tweak Da Leak wrote:My nigga Poppabitch fucks with the swine?

Gregg Popabitch

Post by Gregg Popabitch »

I don't think wainwright is a fantasy ace anymore but that's me personally.

you'll probably not agree with it but i have a plan. could this trade fall flat on my face? yeah sure but i like xander to bounce back.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

Xander is just 22 and plays a premium position. There was a reason people, especially Roy made a huge fuss when he accidentally appeared on waivers. I used my #1 on him. Not justifying the trade but stating what transpired.

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

great draft

if any homies want my marriage counclier's #.. hit me
Hey, by the way who's Curt?

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

C - Yadier Molina
1B - Víctor Martínez
2B - Chase Utley
3B - Miguel Cabrera
SS - Ian Desmond
OF - Yasmani Tomas
OF - Joc Pederson
OF - Jacoby Ellsbury
DH - Chris Davis

BN - Billy Butler (1B)
BN - Blake Swihart (C)
BN - Alex Rodríguez (3B)
BN - Maikel Franco (3B)
BN - Odubel Herrera (2B,SS, OF)
BN - Michael Bourn (OF)

SP - Stephen Strasburg
SP - Cole Hamels
SP - Adam Wainright
SP - Jordan Zimmermann
SP - Rick Porcello
SP - Derek Holland

RP - Trevor Rosenthal
RP - Drew Storen
RP - Andrew Miller
RP - Ken Giles

Roy Johnson

Post by Roy Johnson »

Hey PB (if that's really you, I doubt it), I'm gonna leave Tony Cingrani dangling out there like my dick in the hopes that maybe you'll offer a package in exchange w/ your top assets. Who did you inherit your team from again? My memory ain't what it used to be.

Gregg Popabitch

Roy, I would've executed my plan better if Sano wasn't still there in the second round. I was surprised that he fell to me considering how prospect happy the first two rounds were in the first incarnation of our draft. I would have taken hughes and ventura if sano wasn't there.

And that was PB.

Dwight Strawberry

Waiver Priority adjusted per last seasons order.

Fun draft fellas. Glad we all pretty much made it.

Planet Whore is looking forward to another season at the top of the standings. Was going to go best bat available leading up to the draft, but my Met homer-ism pulled the trigger on Thor at #10. Might of reached a bit considering the guy very well may not even throw a pitch in the MLB this season...we'll see. I didn't even get my bat to fill my OF hole until rd 15...At which point Wil Myers was there for the taking. Hope dude can bounce back a bit.

I don't even know a whole lot about Collin McHugh except that he was a Met a couple years ago and sucked shit. Now he is on both of my keeper league teams. Hope this little fucker is for real. R.A. Dickey, SP6, round 18...Sure, why the fuck not.

Every time I had to draft a closer, an angel lost his wings. Seriously, fuck closers, I hate them with a passion.

My SP lacks a true fantasy ace, but I'm ok with it anchored down by Teheran, DeGrom, and Ross.

Hopefully my avaerage guys hit to offset the batting average setbacks I may face from Myers and Alverez.

Baseball starts tomorrow...My dick is hard.

C - Brian McCann
1B - Freddie Freeman
2B - Ben Zobrist
SS - Starlin Castro
3B - David Wright
OF - Andrew McCutchen
OF - Ryan Braun
OF - Wil Myers
BN - Pedro Alverez
BN - Alex Rios
BN - Carl Crawford
BN - Steven Souza
BN - Brandon Phillips
BN - Michael Morse

SP - Julio Teheran
SP - Jacob DeGrom
SP - Tyson Ross
SP - Ian Kennedy
SP - Collin McHugh
SP - R.A. Dickey
SP - Nathan Eovaldi
SP - Noah Syndergaard
RP - Mark Melancon
RP - Brett Cecil
RP - Jeurys Familia

Roy Johnson

Post by Roy Johnson »

Gregg Popabitch wrote:Roy, I would've executed my plan better if Sano wasn't still there in the second round. I was surprised that he fell to me considering how prospect happy the first two rounds were in the first incarnation of our draft. I would have taken hughes and ventura if sano wasn't there.
I wanted Hughes as well. And I was pretty confident that I'd end up with Shelby Miller because his stock is pretty low right now- that was a good pick.

You could have had this at the end of the draft, though:

K%, 2013-14, min. 150 IP
Felix Hernandez, 26.7%
Corey Kluber, 26.0%
Tony Cingrani, 25.9%
Madison Bumgarner 24.9%

If they put him in a starting role, he could put up slightly above average ratios (3.75 ERA/1.30 WHIP) with a shitload of Ks. And if he doesn't get a starting gig, he'll still be valuable as a dope reliever out of the SP slot. Not bad for the #284 pick.
Gregg Popabitch wrote:And that was PB
Nah.

My 4 year old son could have drafted a better bullpen than this:

Joe Nathan
Latroy Hawkins
Kelvin Herrera

No fucking way in hell is that PB.

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

it's not a terrible bullpen, not a PB pen... maybe he drafts next level and builds his pen on the fly

Tommy Bunz

Post by Tommy Bunz »

I was also targeting Ventura and Shelby Miller. Miller looked like he turned a corner at the end of last year. Like him a lot.

Did about as good with my draft as I could have hoped. I went in with a fully set lineup, and needed to find pitching even though there was very little available.
Targeted nothing but upside plays, mostly already solid starters who have a chance at taking a leap forward in fantasy relevance.
I probably should trade one of my stud OF for an ace to balance out my team.
Like my bench too, I really like Napoli this year and Choo shouldn't have lasted as long as he did.

C - Jonathan Lucroy
1B - Prince Fielder
2B - Robinson Cano
SS - Alexei Ramirez
3B - Pablo Sandoval
OF - Jose Bautista
OF - Adam Jones
OF - George Springer
Util - Jorge Soler
B - Mike Napoli
B - Shin-soo Choo
B - Marcus Semien
B - Arismendy Alcantara

SP - Jeff Samardzija
SP - Michael Wacha
SP - Phil Hughes
SP - Trevor Bauer
SP - Jake Odorizzi
SP - Danny Duffy
SP - Brett Anderson
SP - Dylan Bundy
SP - Aaron Sanchez

RP - David Robertson
RP - Jonathan Papelbon
RP - Francisco Rodriguez

peanut butter

Post by peanut butter »

It was me. The pen is trash. It's a representation of my greater pitching staff, which is largely trash. The team I inherited is pretty trash and I don't really intend to contend this year. And go ahead with the Cingrani faith. If he's useful then props on getting him late. I don't know how you could watch him pitch and think he could be successful over a season, mostly because he is trash

PEACE

Roy Johnson

Post by Roy Johnson »

peanut butter wrote:And go ahead with the Cingrani faith. If he's useful then props on getting him late. I don't know how you could watch him pitch and think he could be successful over a season, mostly because he is trash

PEACE
You're relying too heavily on the eye test when you should put most of the weight into what he has accomplished on paper. A 26% K rate says that he has a knack for striking people out.

Also, if we're talking risk/reward, there is 0% risk in drafting Tony Cingrani with the #284 overall pick. I guess I could have had Mike Leake or CJ Wilson instead? I ain't gonna lose sleep over it.

He profiles as a 3.75 ERA/1.30 WHIP/9.0 K/9 starting pitcher if given the opportunity. Our definitions of trash differ significantly. John Danks is trash. Edwin Jackson is trash. Tony Cingrani is merely above average.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

Gregg Popabitch wrote:I don't think wainwright is a fantasy ace anymore but that's me personally.

Gregg Popabitch

dag, it's was one game. wasn't it you that was riding for Verlander even through 3/4ths of the season last year?

jredd109

Post by jredd109 »

got damn. article comes out saying miguel castro is the 'most likely' to be the closer for the jays. he's picked up within the hour. you guys are fucking savage...

by zimmer no less too. you won last year holmz. you don't need him.

Gregg Popabitch

jredd109 wrote:got damn. article comes out saying miguel castro is the 'most likely' to be the closer for the jays. he's picked up within the hour. you guys are fucking savage...

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

3 year plan

from worst to first

Dwight Strawberry

Roy - Could have sworn Russell wasn't going to get past you. You must be holding out for Correra.
Got my 2B for the future.
Hope kid isn't a bust

peanut butter

Post by peanut butter »

Dwight Strawberry wrote:Got my 2B for the future.
He's a short stop tho

PEACE

Dwight Strawberry

He'll get 2B eligability

Gregg Popabitch

Hey, Gloss. You were saying about Wainwright?

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

Yeah because his pitching was so poor this year. Freak accident had nothing to do with his talents. Karma.

Gregg Popabitch

at the end of the day, for fantasy purposes, he provided you poor fantasy value.

Thank you allah.

jredd109

Post by jredd109 »

first day of the season i forgot to set my line-up. left 3 wins plus a qs on the bench... awesome.

Roy Johnson

Post by Roy Johnson »

Dwight Strawberry wrote:Roy - Could have sworn Russell wasn't going to get past you. You must be holding out for Correra.
Got my 2B for the future.
Hope kid isn't a bust
I'll most likely end up with Buxton. Don has the #1 waiver claim, and I'm assuming that he's holding out for Correa.

Roy Johnson

Post by Roy Johnson »

Do you guys know who Kyle Schwarber is?

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

Yeah a positioned catcher who probably will be forced to play OF when he becomes an everyday player who is going to be sent down sometime next week, but has some really good ABs in 4 games he has played.