Mayweather vs Pacquiao is official

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

Ramen

Re: Mayweather vs Pacquiao is official

Post by Ramen »

Cmon Manny. You forgot how boxing is?

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

the whole thing was anticlimactic. 12 rounds of dance rehearsal. so glad i didn't shell out $ on this.

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

Fighters got a ton of money and aren't hurt. That was the whole point of this charade.

jazzmatazz23

Post by jazzmatazz23 »

Love it. Had $1,500 on floyd to win $1,275. Had most money on him to win by decision at -105

ChaMerZ

Post by ChaMerZ »

Mayweather should have lost. I can't even imagine how horrible it will be after this online, with the many videos Mayweather is going to post of him counting bills and driving flashy cars.
http://cognitiv3dissident.wordpress.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

ScholarWenis

Post by ScholarWenis »

Glad I didn't spend any loot to watch these guys play patty-cake for 12 rounds. This wasn't no thrilla in Manila.
No more Sasso. Now everybody call me Ron!

drobizhek

Post by drobizhek »

ChaMerZ wrote:Mayweather should have lost. I can't even imagine how horrible it will be after this online, with the many videos Mayweather is going to post of him counting bills and driving flashy cars.
The amount of butthurt coming from Pacquiao fans is amazing. Did they not watch any Mayweather fights?

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

I enjoyed the fight. If you are really a boxing fan, watching Mayweather truly is amazing. Not sure I have ever seen an athlete completely master his craft like he has.

eternalreflection
I'll Just STFU Now!

Post by eternalreflection »

Positive A wrote:Fighters got a ton of money and aren't hurt. That was the whole point of this charade.
Mayweather has a style that at least gives him a chance of a functioning brain at 60 unlike every other boxer.

Blockhead
I made Daylight, yo!

Post by Blockhead »

I didn't get to see the fight but I got tons of butthurt pacman people in my timelines acting like mayweather ran the whole time and manny should have won. Any truth to this? Cause, gauging from actual boxing fans, Floyd sounds like he won pretty handily.
Either way, sounded like a boring fight. I knew it would be. Floyd doesn't have any other type of fights.

Cryptic One

Post by Cryptic One »

Blockhead wrote:I didn't get to see the fight but I got tons of butthurt pacman people in my timelines acting like mayweather ran the whole time and manny should have won. Any truth to this? Cause, gauging from actual boxing fans, Floyd sounds like he won pretty handily.
Either way, sounded like a boring fight. I knew it would be. Floyd doesn't have any other type of fights.

mayweather won easily... fought his usual defensive fight with just enough offense to win rounds... in other words, the typical snorefest most mayweather fights are.. no denying his skill to win fights, its just boring as fuck to watch

anyone who thought pac won doesnt understand boxing at all

oracle21

Post by oracle21 »

Blockhead wrote:I didn't get to see the fight but I got tons of butthurt pacman people in my timelines acting like mayweather ran the whole time and manny should have won. Any truth to this? Cause, gauging from actual boxing fans, Floyd sounds like he won pretty handily.

As Cryptic was saying Floyd controlled this fight in the middle of the run. He clinched a lot but Manny never adapted. Floyd bounced off the ropes very well as well. I thought it was entertaining, but I can see how the general public may not think so. I lost a lot of respect for Manny after the fight. He came up with EVERY excuse he could about why his performance was not very good. He even went to the degree of we3aring a sling which mysteriously disappeared later lol. He did the same excuse thing when he lost to Morales. No injury was ever spoken of before and he was swinging for the fences and hitting nothing. Funny how the injury didn't deter that. But overall Floyd did what he does and, even if he has lost a few steps, he controlled this fight. I had it 9-3.

Tweak Da Leak

Post by Tweak Da Leak »

Pac landed less punches than Robert Guerrero
UBM CD COMING SOON

The Ivy League Nigga

Post by The Ivy League Nigga »

It kills me that people are blaming Mayweather for an underwhelming fight. Pac was throwing like 30 punches a round and landing 5-7. Isn't he supposed to be a come-forward puncher? 99% of people complaining about the fight probably don't watch 2 fights a year and don't know shit about boxing.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

Cryptic One wrote:

mayweather won easily... fought his usual defensive fight with just enough offense to win rounds... in other words, the typical snorefest most mayweather fights are.. no denying his skill to win fights, its just boring as fuck to watch

all this but those complaining are those who either spent the $100 or those who just want to jump on the hater bandwagon.

my beef is that while i know its talent, i am not impressed by many of this which is why i have a hard time declaring FMJ the greatest of all-time or even close. and not for nothing, this shit should have happened 5 years ago.

Blockhead
I made Daylight, yo!

Post by Blockhead »

Good to know. I had a feeling I just have a bunch of know nothing homers in my timelines. I figured that was the case.

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

oracle21 wrote:

As Cryptic was saying Floyd controlled this fight in the middle of the run. He clinched a lot but Manny never adapted. Floyd bounced off the ropes very well as well. I thought it was entertaining, but I can see how the general public may not think so. I lost a lot of respect for Manny after the fight. He came up with EVERY excuse he could about why his performance was not very good. He even went to the degree of we3aring a sling which mysteriously disappeared later lol. He did the same excuse thing when he lost to Morales. No injury was ever spoken of before and he was swinging for the fences and hitting nothing. Funny how the injury didn't deter that. But overall Floyd did what he does and, even if he has lost a few steps, he controlled this fight. I had it 9-3.
Cosign this 100%. It was a Mayweather type fight, he dictated the pace of the fight completely. In other words Manny wasn't nearly aggressive enough, and Mayweather won easily. Anyone that says anything different just doesn't know boxing. Mayweather is the multisyllabic rhyme scheme of boxing, only hardcore fans of the genre will appreciate him :ironmike:

Manny is a straight up sore loser

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

Philaflava wrote:
Cryptic One wrote:

all this but those complaining are those who either spent the $100 or those who just want to jump on the hater bandwagon.

my beef is that while i know its talent, i am not impressed by many of this which is why i have a hard time declaring FMJ the greatest of all-time or even close. and not for nothing, this shit should have happened 5 years ago.
Ir's Manny's fault the fight didn't happen 5 years ago. He refused drug testing, and was clearly on roids. Manny is much smaller now, and doesn't KO fighters anymore. You do the math...

The Ivy League Nigga

Post by The Ivy League Nigga »

Race Car Bed Sleeping Rapist Virgin wrote:
Philaflava wrote:
Cryptic One wrote:

Ir's Manny's fault the fight didn't happen 5 years ago. He refused drug testing, and was clearly on roids. Manny is much smaller now, and doesn't KO fighters anymore. You do the math...
This. I know Pacquiao's a babyface, but the media gave him such a huge pass on roids.

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

The biggest thing I took from this fight was being caught off guard from how much mainstream coverage it got. ESPN literally had wall to wall coverage of the fight for the whole week leading up to it. Even though I'm a huge boxing fan, I really didn't think it was possible for boxing to garner that much attention in 2015. It put a smile on my face. Props to everyone involved in promoting the fight.

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

Race Car Bed Sleeping Rapist Virgin wrote:The biggest thing I took from this fight was being caught off guard from how much mainstream coverage it got. ESPN literally had wall to wall coverage of the fight for the whole week leading up to it. Even though I'm a huge boxing fan, I really didn't think it was possible for boxing to garner that much attention in 2015. It put a smile on my face. Props to everyone involved in promoting the fight.
your take sums up why boxing is dead. We have two fighters who take the safest way to millions of dollars, the media blows up this fight to be something that it's not, you have mainstream goons jumping on the bandwagon who have no appreciation for what boxing used to be, and it all manifests into this million dollar marketing gimmick that SUCKED ASS and symbolizes why boxing has become a joke
Hey, by the way who's Curt?

Tweak Da Leak

Post by Tweak Da Leak »

UBM CD COMING SOON

chump change
The Mayor

Post by chump change »

pacman with the tore rotary cuff

Ramen

Post by Ramen »

the excuses bout to overflow with that news.

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

should of never had the fight with that injury
Hey, by the way who's Curt?

oracle21

Post by oracle21 »

I am still calling shenanigans on this injury. He always seems to have an excuse after a loss. In his report before the fight he never claimed he even got an MRI. Now all of a sudden there was an injury? Dude threw over 500 punches. He was just neutralized. He keeps saying he does not want to make excuses, but that is all this is.

oracle21

Post by oracle21 »

I am at work and cannot embed this but here is the link

http://static1.businessinsider.com/imag ... aef19e.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

djjeffresh

Post by djjeffresh »

of course he's going to lie, $120 mil on the line

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

Race Car Bed Sleeping Rapist Virgin wrote:only hardcore fans of the genre will appreciate him :ironmike:

Tweak Da Leak

Post by Tweak Da Leak »

naturalborn103 wrote:
Race Car Bed Sleeping Rapist Virgin wrote:only hardcore fans of the genre will appreciate him :ironmike:
http://www.sportinglife.com/boxing/vide ... athers-era
UBM CD COMING SOON