The 2015 WORLD SERIES

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

Gregg Popabitch

Re: 2015 MLB Season

Post by Gregg Popabitch »

peanut butter wrote:That Mets situation tho. Yeeeesh. Seems like the concerns are Gomez's hips. Whole shit is wild strange.

PEACE
I'm late to the party but can we talk about how the problem wasn't the hips but the mets wanting the brewers to pitch in money in the trade? Even though that Gomez contract is a humongous value and he's much better than cespedes?

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

Gregg Popabitch wrote:
peanut butter wrote:That Mets situation tho. Yeeeesh. Seems like the concerns are Gomez's hips. Whole shit is wild strange.

PEACE
I'm late to the party but can we talk about how the problem wasn't the hips but the mets wanting the brewers to pitch in money in the trade? Even though that Gomez contract is a humongous value and he's much better than cespedes?
Much better than Cespedes? I agree that he's better than Cespedes, but I dunno about much better...

peanut butter

Post by peanut butter »

Race Car Bed Sleeping Rapist Virgin wrote:
Gregg Popabitch wrote:

PEACE
Much better than Cespedes? I agree that he's better than Cespedes, but I dunno about much better...
You don't know much about a bunch of shit tho so its regular

PEACE

chump change
The Mayor

Post by chump change »

Tweak Da Leak wrote:We can't beat these god damn astros
:lol:

alpha

Post by alpha »

Posey fucking raking lately. Another MVP in the works?

peanut butter

Post by peanut butter »

Cool story on 538 analyzing how and why teams should buy or sell at the trade deadline:
http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/did ... -deadline/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

PEACE

peanut butter

Post by peanut butter »

Schwarber's walkup music is Thuggish Ruggish Bone hes my favorite player since Kevin Mitchell

PEACE

Tommy Bunz

Post by Tommy Bunz »

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

The Byron Buxton saga continues...
Twins activated OF Byron Buxton from the 15-day disabled list; optioned him to Triple-A Rochester.
It's a very surprising demotion given that Buxton was 5-for-12 on his minor league rehab assignment. He didn't hit much in his first cup of coffee with the Twins before suffering a thumb injury in late June, but the 21-year-old center fielder is maybe the top prospect in baseball and could probably help stop the sudden nosedive that is going on in Minnesota. It appears the Twins are more concerned with Buxton's service time than trying to get back into the American League Wild Card race.
Aug 10 - 1:26 PM

alpha

Post by alpha »

They're a year away and ahead of schedule. I'd be fine with it if I were a twins fan.

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

Twins don't have room for Buxton. Roster is mad deep: the smart move is to send him down so the clock isn't ticking
Hey, by the way who's Curt?

jredd109

Post by jredd109 »

also, he gets hurt. a lot.

Kid That's Lifeless

Post by Kid That's Lifeless »

What saga?

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

Kid That's Lifeless wrote:What saga?
The saga of the ongoing failure to launch of the number 1 prospect in all of major league baseball.

alpha

Post by alpha »

Yeah you're kinda just reaching here. This ain't wrestling.

eternalreflection
I'll Just STFU Now!

Post by eternalreflection »

alpha wrote:They're a year away and ahead of schedule. I'd be fine with it if I were a twins fan.
I figured 70wins would be a reasonable total, they might push closer towards 80 pretty happy overall, shame Joe Mauer is officially dead weight rather than rebounding
Posey fucking raking lately. Another MVP in the works?
pretty hard to imagine it going to anyone besides Harper

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

alpha wrote:Yeah you're kinda just reaching here. This ain't wrestling.
Word, everything has gone 100% smoothly regarding Buxton :roll:

alpha

Post by alpha »

It rarely does, you're really just making something out of a non issue. No one in the thread is seeing the same thing you are.

Kid That's Lifeless

The saga of the ongoing failure to launch of the number 1 prospect in all of major league baseball.
The 21-year-old who has played all of 14 games above Double-A got sent back to Triple-A for a little more seasoning. This is a saga to you.

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

Kid That's Lifeless wrote:
The 21-year-old who has played all of 14 games above Double-A got sent back to Triple-A for a little more seasoning. This is a saga to you.
You say 21 old year so casually, but meanwhile he's been the number one prospect in baseball for the past three years...

Kid That's Lifeless

Yeah, and?

alpha

Post by alpha »

Lol at not understanding how baseball prospects work. Then again this is the same guy who think arod is better than bonds.

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

Kid That's Lifeless wrote:Yeah, and?
I think the Twins brass expected Buxton to play more than all but 14 games outside of Double A by now...

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

I think the Twins brass expected Buxton to play more than all but 14 games outside of Double A by now...
Twins brass never expected him to plan an inning until 2016. Learn the game. Separate yourself from fantasy tweets and actual reality

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

capable_keL wrote:
Twins brass never expected him to plan an inning until 2016. Learn the game. Separate yourself from fantasy tweets and actual reality
Ok, since you're from Minnesota, and are claiming to be in the know, tell us Buxton's outlook for 2016. Will he start the season in double A, triple A, or the majors?. If not the majors, when will he be called up by?

The floor is yours...

alpha

Post by alpha »

If you read the damn article you posted, you'd know this is service time related and he's gonna be on the squad next year.

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

Race Car Bed Sleeping Rapist Virgin wrote: Ok, since you're from Minnesota, and are claiming to be in the know, tell us Buxton's outlook for 2016. Will he start the season in double A, triple A, or the majors?. If not the majors, when will he be called up by?

The floor is yours...
Thank you.

It doesn't matter where I'm from, bro. Everyone knows, economically, Buxton was not to play a full year until 2016. Twins are small market: broke team. The facts are: Buxton has started off slow then shot out of a cannon in every level of ball he's played in. Ok? SO, obviously, I expect him to start slow in the bigs but the smart money is on him becoming a star. As we know, MLB prospects don't always pan out.

This is why I was always surprised by the minimal Sano talk, compared to Buxton. I knew from the jump Sano was the better bet to be an immediate star,,,, yet everyone was on Buxton's nuts because he's the 5 tool emcee

In conclusion, you were at fault for thinking he was going to jump up in his first call up. We didn't see that: but...he got better in his small sample size, hit triples and was a hawk on defense. Are we faulting his saga for being hurt? That's kinda gay

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

My guy!!

Homer Simpson

Post by Homer Simpson »

Migel Sano is a bad man. 6 rbi's going into the seventh inning...

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

capable_keL wrote:
Race Car Bed Sleeping Rapist Virgin wrote: Ok, since you're from Minnesota, and are claiming to be in the know, tell us Buxton's outlook for 2016. Will he start the season in double A, triple A, or the majors?. If not the majors, when will he be called up by?

The floor is yours...
Thank you.

It doesn't matter where I'm from, bro. Everyone knows, economically, Buxton was not to play a full year until 2016. Twins are small market: broke team. The facts are: Buxton has started off slow then shot out of a cannon in every level of ball he's played in. Ok? SO, obviously, I expect him to start slow in the bigs but the smart money is on him becoming a star. As we know, MLB prospects don't always pan out.

This is why I was always surprised by the minimal Sano talk, compared to Buxton. I knew from the jump Sano was the better bet to be an immediate star,,,, yet everyone was on Buxton's nuts because he's the 5 tool emcee

In conclusion, you were at fault for thinking he was going to jump up in his first call up. We didn't see that: but...he got better in his small sample size, hit triples and was a hawk on defense. Are we faulting his saga for being hurt? That's kinda gay
My point in a nutshell is that saying that everything hasn't gone according to plan regarding Buxton's progression in the minors and his small sample size in the majors would be an understatement at this point. No, I'm not faulting him for his injuries, but they certainly haven't helped either. Combine that with an overall underwhelming performance throughout all levels of professional baseball thus far in his career, and you have the combination of criticism and impatience that is gradually growing by the day.