POLL: Who will be drafted first?

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

The #1 NBA pick is

Towns
75%
Okafor
19%
Russell
No votes
Mudiay
No votes
WCS
No votes
other
6%

Total votes: 16

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

POLL: Who will be drafted first?

Post by capable_keL »

I'm watching Okafur and would have no problem with him going first. I'm really enamored with Towns.
Hey, by the way who's Curt?

alpha

Re: POLL: Who will be drafted first?

Post by alpha »

TOWNS

alpha

Post by alpha »

Okafor won't suck at the next level. Just like Towns a lot more for potential.

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

I'm leaning towards Russell now. but...but, i'd like to see okafur, wiggins, shabazz and rubio run

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

kat

and if you really wanna see running with a big man then wcs (or realistically kat) would be the pick def not okafor :-p
Nets 2022

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

anyone seen the Kryspus workout video :ohsh: 7 foot 2 who can throw it down and shoot from any where. He'll be the best Knick of all time
In just one year in college, Okafor showed off moves in the low post that would already rank him among one of the NBA's best offensive big men. Additionally, at 19, there's plenty of time for him to learn to correct some of his flaws.

In April, SI's Pete Thamel wrote about the Towns-versus-Okafor debate, and quoted one scout who felt Okafor's skillset was too good to pass up on:

"There’s probably only five to seven guys in the NBA who can play with their back to the basketball like Okafor," says a Western Conference front office official who contends he would take Okafor at No. 1. "Towns has better upside and could be a better player, but I’d like to think I can get another Towns before I can get another Okafor."

While Okafor has struggled with defense, there's belief he can be taught to be at least an average defender, which would support his dominant offense. This type of skill from a 19 year old is just too deadly:

Minnesota Timberwolves GM Flip Saunders wants to pick Okafor while the rest of his staff wants Towns.

If Saunders' staff wins out and the Wolves take Towns, it'll be interesting to see where Okafor lands. Are teams afraid his defense can't be improved and his offense won't translate, or will teams value his potentially transcendent offense and work with whatever other flaws he may have?

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

Fuck flip Saunders he is such fucking trash

Overrated piece of shit at coaching AND gm
Nets 2022

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

Flip is a very good GM, not so much a great coach anymore. I'm 100% sure this is all smoke screen.

chump change
The Mayor

Post by chump change »

I think okafor will be a force to be reckoned with.. fluid movement with amazing footwork..

duke bias though...

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

chump change wrote:I think okafor will be a force to be reckoned with.. fluid movement with amazing footwork..
100% correct, but don't forget he'll automatically become one of the worst defensive players in the league.