2015 NBA Playoffs

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

2015 NBA Playoffs

Post by capable_keL »

Hey, by the way who's Curt?

alpha

Re: The 2015 NBA Playoffs

Post by alpha »

The nets and celtics shouldn't be in the playoffs. Cheers tho

Tweak Da Leak

Post by Tweak Da Leak »

We coming niggas.
UBM CD COMING SOON

peanut butter

Post by peanut butter »

I know its not directly post season related, but that Dubs season was fucking magical.

PEACE

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

alpha wrote:The nets and celtics shouldn't be in the playoffs. Cheers tho
They need to change conference seeding. Should just be the top 16 teams with the best record regardless of conference.

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

I'm not sure everyone understands what Greg Popovich just single-handedly did so let me explain something

Most everyone assumed that the spurs would play hard last night and beat the pelicans so that they could secure the number two seed because going into the game if they had lost the game theypotentially could have dropped all the way to the number six seed and then they would have to play the Clippers in the first round

On that note the grizzlies didn't think they really had to play for anything because they're seeding was wrapped up UNLESS The Spurs somehow lost

The grizzlies were down by 11 points early in the game against the Pacers but once they realized the Spurs won they played their Starters and played their hardest and play to win and ended up dominating the rest of the game and winning to get a higher seed

The nets were going to beat the magic anyway but the Pacers very well could have beat the grizzlies when they were not really invested in the game and taking the last playoff spot but Popovich threw the game to keep Oklahoma City out of the playoffs at least that is the prevailing theory. Also it's not a conspiracy or anything the spurs clearly threw the game they shot only two three-pointers the entire game

Just incredible trolling magic by the best coach in the NBA (trolling the thunder to be clear I don't think he has an agenda against the Pacers)

You could also argue that he wanted the Warriors to be worn out more because AD >>>>
Nets 2022

Tweak Da Leak

Post by Tweak Da Leak »

LOL worst conspiracy theory ever.
UBM CD COMING SOON

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

Tweak Da Leak wrote:LOL worst conspiracy theory ever.
Yea, sorry doesn't make much sense.

alpha

Post by alpha »

naturalborn103 wrote:
Tweak Da Leak wrote:LOL worst conspiracy theory ever.
Yea, sorry doesn't make much sense.
Lol. Ad wearing out the dubs? That series maybe goes 5. The Spurs are now playing a better team than they would have by being the 2. Sorry you wasted so much time typing up that bull shit.

Is this where you say you weren't serious and just joking?

stupidregister

Post by stupidregister »

Reason wrote:I'm not sure everyone understands what Greg Popovich just single-handedly did so let me explain
Right because you're somehow able to get into Pop's head when no one else can.

So let me get this straight: he decided to play his big guns in the last game of the season but somehow directed them to lose on purpose when instead he could have rested everyone and taken an L without risking anything. As asinine as that sounds, he somehow orchestrated all that just to stick it to the Thunder (God knows why he would give a shit about them) even though it would mean a crazy difficult road for himself. Because as everyone knows, Pop cares deeply about who makes the 8th seed of the playoffs.

Right.

Stick to the rambling Wiggins breakdowns. At least with those I know I can just scroll past them instead of getting sucked into reading this extra horseshit that slips by.
Quality stitched MLB, NBA, NFL, and soccer jerseys: https://www.etsy.com/shop/FanJerseyz" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Joe Pesci

Post by Joe Pesci »

Nets in 7 :mrcee:
Hawks in 4 :fail:

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

Team Odds (per Vegas)
Cavaliers 9-4
Warriors 5-2
Spurs 4-1
Hawks 12-1
Bulls 14-1
Clippers 14-1
Rockets 14-1
Grizzlies 25-1
Raptors 50-1
Trail Blazers 50-1
Mavericks 60-1
Pelicans 100-1
Wizards 60-1
Bucks 200-1
Celtics 200-1
Nets 200-1

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

Apparently I've struck a big enough nerve with enough of yall that my posts somehow cause personal attacks to come into play so I'll close my stay here this way: if I've ever posted something that seems hasty or thrown together on a whim, it's because it was (for example i typed this up in a parking lot after listening to mike francesa talk about this possible conspiracy on the radio. He referred to Spurs broadcasters and people saying it was weird that they only shot two threes all game as if it were directed by pop) if I were more careful and cared more about what u thought of me I would definitely "think before I speak" or in this case think before I type and little but significant things like phrasing it as "let me tell u what popovich did" versus "wouldn't it be fucking hilarious and :ohsh: if pop did this!?" are definitely a poor quality of some of my more vitriol-producing posts, but I certainly never meant personal harm or affront to anyone and I treat this message board very flippantly and impulsively

I self indulge and use sports bar to chronicle and keep track of my own random shit, I've admitted that before but now it's pushed yall over some edge where a harmless conspiracy post garners such reaction. Is this the part where I say I was joking and not serious an-also asked. Apparently it's clear my mock bravado has rubbed yall the wrong way not just natborn. It would amuse you instead of pissing u off if u knew me in IRL. That's why poppabitch and I are best friends IRL and when he and I mention any of my insane posts in PF he just chuckles.

<3

If I judged yall just on Internet posting I would say that:

Natborn has an IQ under 100
Pb is on the autism spectrum
An-also is a boring milquetoast pussy
Gucci mane and tweak are blowhards who can't back up what they're talking about
Stupidregister has no functional mirror neurons
Tommybunz is east coast white trash
alpha is an ESL learner

Etc.

Fuck yall. I'm out this bitch. I'm a 32 year old Korean American father of two who loves rap and basketball and has tons of friends who are solid people but judge all you want. I'm as comfortable in my own shoes and skin as anyone else here could be. I think some of you are mad that I come off as smug or smarter or holier than thou but I post with a certain uninhibited style where I curse/am disrespectful more/am aggressive/assuming/conditioned by years of reacting to "Hlb" and "sonning" whichthrived on brevity and photoshop skills and Internet meme humor none of which are my strong points. I have pm'd gloss MULTIPLE times including as recently as a few days ago to remove me from moderators so yall can ignore me but to no avail so I'll just stop posting and stick to lurking and need-only threads like the fantasy league threads of leagues I'm in

:icedit: one more thing, i also posted the way i did b/c i was sick and tired of the monotony. all you fuckers do 95% of the time is one of the following:

1. post a youtube clip/gif/jpeg and go ":ohsh:" or some short comment
2. post something that is completely fucking fruitless, a nothing statement that offers no information, a cliche
3. post a link to an article/copy-paste an article

and i'll say some shit like "kawhi is top ten if we are honest" WEEKS ago and nobody gives a shit but when your favorite faggot 'resident hater' spits some shit about kawhi getting slept on and everyone comes out the woodwork. popularity contest faggotry. time for an e-divorce
Nets 2022

Kid That's Lifeless

Post by Kid That's Lifeless »

Bruh, it ain't even like that. Just reign it in, man. Maybe smoke less weed.

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

I think people are confusing rzn's passion for arrogance. Let's attack ideas instead of people
We all family...maybe we can go in the backyard and slapbox so we can move on with our lives?

unclebengi

Post by unclebengi »

Hawks in 5
Cavs in 5
Bulls in 4
Wizards in 7
Dubs in 4
Rockets in 7
Spurs in 6
Grizz in 5

Looking forward to that Spurs/Clips more than any one series. The Spurs would be my top pick to win a title, but I really like how the Clips matchup. Worried the series will devolve into Hack-A-DJ if it's competitive though.

Paul Pierce and Derozan have already been talking shit, that series should be fun as well. John Wall and Gortat will be key, Brad Beal is getting healthy at the right time too.

I really don't know what to expect from Houston. Harden is great and Ariza and Terrence Jones are solid players, but a lot depends on Dwight. Beverly and Motiejunas are key players to be missing and Dallas can throw a lot of depth at you.

There will be so many Bulls fans at those Bucks home games, especially if the Bulls take the first two.

alpha

Post by alpha »

capable_keL wrote:I think people are confusing rzn's passion for arrogance. Let's attack ideas instead of people
We all family...maybe we can go in the backyard and slapbox so we can move on with our lives?
That's where maybe my esl problems are kicking in... Seems like mine and SR posts were addressing what he posted

b. johnson

Post by b. johnson »

unclebengi wrote:Hawks in 5
Cavs in 5
Bulls in 4
Wizards in 7
Dubs in 4
Rockets in 7
Spurs in 6
Grizz in 5

Looking forward to that Spurs/Clips more than any one series. The Spurs would be my top pick to win a title, but I really like how the Clips matchup. Worried the series will devolve into Hack-A-DJ if it's competitive though.

Paul Pierce and Derozan have already been talking shit, that series should be fun as well. John Wall and Gortat will be key, Brad Beal is getting healthy at the right time too.

I really don't know what to expect from Houston. Harden is great and Ariza and Terrence Jones are solid players, but a lot depends on Dwight. Beverly and Motiejunas are key players to be missing and Dallas can throw a lot of depth at you.

There will be so many Bulls fans at those Bucks home games, especially if the Bulls take the first two.
Cavs in 5
Hawks in 6
Bulls in 5
Toronto in 7 (closest match up)
Dubs in 5
Rockets in 6 maybe even 5
Spurs in 6
Grizz in 5

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

I always knew someday mindbender would make his way to the sports bar.

duhbreez

Post by duhbreez »

unclebengi wrote: Grizz in 5

Dont want to believe that.

Tweak Da Leak

Post by Tweak Da Leak »

C'mon rzn it's the sports bar if we can't clown each other for our opinions it may as well be a cricket club
UBM CD COMING SOON

Hayzoos

Post by Hayzoos »

capable_keL wrote:I think people are confusing rzn's passion for arrogance. Let's attack ideas instead of people
Do you read his posts? He can't go two sentences without calling someone else a retard who doesn't agree with him or challenges him.
naturalborn103 wrote:I always knew someday mindbender would make his way to the sports bar.
Spottin fools frontin fly

http://www.last.fm/user/fopomofo

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

Hayzoos wrote:
Do you read his posts? He can't go two sentences without calling someone else a retard who doesn't agree with him or challenges him.
naturalborn103 wrote:I always knew someday mindbender would make his way to the sports bar.
I think the slurs are being hurled both ways. I'm more interested in talking hoops tho, bro bro

unclebengi

Post by unclebengi »

Not really playoff related as this is about the Pacers, but Larry laid down the gauntlet to Hibbert in his post season presser with Hibbert having a 15.5 mil player option for this year.

You can tell he DEFINITELY wants to make Roy feel unwelcome/unneeded with his comments "He didn't play well", "I can't guarantee him anything". Bird even added "Well, Lance ain't stealing his rebounds this year".

If Roy wants that 15.5 mil, he's going to earn a lot of it sitting on the bench. I'd still think he'll take it, but with a different cat like Hibbert, I won't be surprised if he tests the market and takes a lesser per year deal just to get a fresh start...I sure hope so.

Sounds like West, Stuckey, and Scola will more than likely be back and Watson will be gone as it should be. Watson was a competent backup, but they've needed to get younger more athletic at point for a long time. Larry also hinted that PG will see minutes at the 4 next year and they will have more small ball lineups to try to generate more offense.

Tweak Da Leak

Post by Tweak Da Leak »

Yeah Marc isn't even the type to bang down low but Hibbert wanted no part of some of those loose balls, I don't know if he's too slow or just doens't know position that well(this doesn't seem to be the case as he was one of the first guys in awhile to get awarded the verticality rule).
UBM CD COMING SOON

unclebengi

Post by unclebengi »

He is so unathletic and just isn't tough, physically or mentally. He's still a great rim protector, but he's a liability in just about every area (save free throw shooting). He's only successful on offense when he catches the ball in the paint (which he rarely does because shrimps like Brandon Bass and Glen Davis are strong enough to move him wherever they want. Catching and moving with the ball are serious issues, he's a turnover waiting to happen and you can tell that teammates hate playing the "get Roy involved game" because of the low success rate.

The league figured him out and he has no counter.

How you feel about the Clips/Spurs Tweak? I think they got a great shot but I'm interested in a Clippers fan perspective.

alpha

Post by alpha »

I can't wait to watch that series. Should be fantastic. Kawhi is gonna cover cp3? Or who do you guys think?

unclebengi

Post by unclebengi »

I'd imagine the Spurs will rotate who defends Paul, mostly with Green/Leonard. But I fully except Leonard to be on him in crucial late game situations.

I think CP3 should be able to neutralize Parker's offense for the most part and DJ's defense will be big against Duncan. Kawhi's offense is the key to the series to me though. He should have no trouble w/ Barnes or whoever they throw at him. If Blake can become an effective point forward when Kawhi is on Paul, that could help the Clips too. The Spurs bench is significantly better IMO. I could see the Clips winning if Blake and DJ ball out and if they can consistently take advantage of whoever Parker is guarding.

Tweak Da Leak

Post by Tweak Da Leak »

I see it as a toss up series, hopefully home court does us good as the Spurs are like 22-19 on the road. We were going to have to go through the champs anyway might as well do it with home court advantage. Also we've won all but one game where Hack-A-Deandre was implemented. I think this also helps us make a run if we do beat them as the 2nd round will be a lot easier with Dal/Hou plus hopefully GS is beat up by Memphis in the 2nd round.

I think Green guards CP3 the most.
UBM CD COMING SOON

stupidregister

Post by stupidregister »

I can't fucking wait until tomorrow.
Quality stitched MLB, NBA, NFL, and soccer jerseys: https://www.etsy.com/shop/FanJerseyz" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;