2015 NBA Playoffs

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Re: 2015 NBA Playoffs

Post by capable_keL »

I know this is the world we live in now, but watching guys chuck 3 after 3 after 3 gets awfully stale. I forgot what a good post move looks like

*shrugs
Hey, by the way who's Curt?

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

Wow, harden choked. Great game tho.

b. johnson

Post by b. johnson »

talking about dodging a bullet! whew that was close.

Ramen

Post by Ramen »

that last possession was awful. rockets fans must be sick.

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

Race Car Bed Sleeping Rapist Virgin wrote:Wow, harden choked. Great game tho.
No, he did not choke. It was not a great play, but far from choking. Stop being such an idiot.

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

naturalborn103 wrote:
No, he did not choke. It was not a great play, but far from choking. Stop being such an idiot.
How do you explain it? You pass to howard of all people instead of calling a timeout? Come on now....

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

I think good call by McHale with not calling timeout. Harden great in transition, call timeout still going to be Harden iso coming out of it, and it gives GS, best defensive team in NBA, time to get a set defense.

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

Race Car Bed Sleeping Rapist Virgin wrote:
naturalborn103 wrote:
How do you explain it? You pass to howard of all people instead of calling a timeout? Come on now....
He was doubled and he passed to the trailing guy who I think he didn't know was Dwight Howard until after he let go. Howard should of called timeout. You are allowed to make bad play at end of the game without it being called choking.

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

naturalborn103 wrote:
naturalborn103 wrote:
He was doubled and he passed to the trailing guy who I think he didn't know was Dwight Howard until after he let go. Howard should of called timeout. You are allowed to make bad play at end of the game without it being called choking.
I dunno man, I know it was good defense, but way too much time was spent before harden even passed to howard, he froze up. He should have called a timeout, thats the bottom line.

peanut butter

Post by peanut butter »

6 more wins

PEACE

alpha

Post by alpha »

Hindsight is you call the timeout. Everyone forgets how good the dubs are on d.

Jayou Ayen

Post by Jayou Ayen »

peanut butter wrote:6 more wins

Take it up with Gloss, you White Piece of Shit.

Stoned Starks

Post by Stoned Starks »

Gotta love the annual tradition of posters/the entire internet calling people chokers. Shit is so tired. The only reason Houston was in that game was because of Harden.

binary

Post by binary »

Harden is damn near a God for his performances the last two games - absolutely amazing, amazing stuff. I've always hated his style of play, but I gotta give it up to the guy. As a GSW fan I can honestly say that Harden is the real MVP.

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

alpha wrote:Hindsight is you call the timeout. Everyone forgets how good the dubs are on d.
which is more reason you don't call a time out. You want to go against best D in the league in transition or set play? just because something doesn't work out doesn't mean it was the wrong thing to do.

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

binary wrote: As a GSW fan I can honestly say that Harden is the real MVP.
:ohhh:

Ramen

Post by Ramen »

according to the internet kyrie out.

Ramen

Post by Ramen »

is this the first time a team wore throwbacks in the postseason?

Ramen

Post by Ramen »

Hawks making Thompson look like Rodman.

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

i know they have injury issues but the hawks this postseason exemplify the idea that depth is overrated in the playoffs while valuable in the regular season over the 82 game grueling schedule
Nets 2022

Gregg Popabitch

Post by Gregg Popabitch »

naturalborn103 wrote:
naturalborn103 wrote:
He was doubled and he passed to the trailing guy who I think he didn't know was Dwight Howard until after he let go.
That's how I viewed it.

The typical NBA fan is extremely harsh.

Gregg Popabitch

Reason wrote:i know they have injury issues but the hawks this postseason exemplify the idea that depth is overrated in the playoffs while valuable in the regular season over the 82 game grueling schedule
Spurs.

Gregg Popabitch

BTW, I know i was really pushing the Hawks halfway through the year but I'm willing to admit that I'm wrong. This is not the same team from January.

1. The team really looks like they are pressing.....everyone except Al Horford. A good amount of their possessions were a couple of passes and then a 3 getting jacked up. That's not the offense that I saw earlier in the season.

2. Kyle Korver is integral to their offense and Blatt made the right move at the beginning of the series. He left Shump on Korver in game 1. Instead of putting him on Teague after we found out Irving was going to be out, he kept Shump on Korver for a solid amount of that game. Korver hasn't been getting free at all in this series and he looks like he's pressing as well because he knows the Hawks need his shooting to space the court.

3. It feels really weird to say this but the team really misses Thabo Sefolosha. This team is really playing Kent Bazemore fucking minutes?

4. Pero Antic?

5. Terrible time for Teague to run out of gas. He looked so good in the first game and first quarter last night. C'mon dog, you got Matthew Dellavadova on you and you don't have to worry about guarding Kyrie Irving.

Am I wrong in thinking this was the best game Lebron played all post season? I was extremely impressed with how he played last night. That was a pantheon performance. He single handedly ate the heart of the Hawks last night.

eternalreflection
I'll Just STFU Now!

Post by eternalreflection »

His g5 vs Chicago was pretty damn epic but yeah no Love/Irving, Delladova/Jones combine for 60 fucking minutes and they win easily on the road

He can get an open 3 for a teammate on every possession at times he's been criticized for being to pass heavy but he can let total scrubs do work

The whole roster from the game was stuff people were basically giving away

eternalreflection
I'll Just STFU Now!

Post by eternalreflection »

Gregg Popabitch wrote:
Reason wrote:i know they have injury issues but the hawks this postseason exemplify the idea that depth is overrated in the playoffs while valuable in the regular season over the 82 game grueling schedule
Spurs.
In the last 25 years its something like

Starpower 22 titles
Depth 3 titles(no top 5 player on roster)

Gregg Popabitch

2014 Spurs, Mavs, Pistons? Hell, you can extend that another ten years. Yeah, there is no disputing that having a top 3-5 player is usually your best bet of winning an NBA championship.

But i wouldn't call depth overrated. That's like saying jump shooting teams can't win championships.

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

Gregg Popabitch wrote:
Spurs.
i'm with eternal on this, you named literally the few exceptions to the rule and the mavs one is debateable imo
Nets 2022

alpha

Post by alpha »

Korver out for rest of playoffs. Great season Hawks.

stupidregister

Post by stupidregister »

Just to repeat, these playoffs have been damn near unwatchable.
Quality stitched MLB, NBA, NFL, and soccer jerseys: https://www.etsy.com/shop/FanJerseyz" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

stupidregister wrote:Just to repeat, these playoffs have been damn near unwatchable.
I'd rather watch Thursday Night Football