2015 NBA DRAFT/OFFSEASON THREAD

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

Simple Rock

Re: 2015 NBA DRAFT/OFFSEASON THREAD

Post by Simple Rock »

capable_keL wrote:after hours of reading i think i want to take okafor #1

how you figure

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

I think some of the talk of how good towns is defensively is overblown. If okafor can be even an average defender does anybody doubt hes an all star at some point? Hell, even if he cant? I guess I don't get the same feeling about towns, that hes just destined to be at least an all star. Maybe that's the concern, that okafor can only ascend to an al jefferson caliber all star while towns people want to compare to a bigger horford, somebody seen as a better player. I feel like okafors floor is around jefferson, and towns Ceiling is a bigger horford. I don't know how close towns gets to his ceiling, and I don't know how high okafor goes from his floor.

........I can understand feeling like towns is more rounded and has more room for improvement, I just don't see him dominating at anything.
Hey, by the way who's Curt?

alpha

Post by alpha »

The thing is that al Jefferson, while he is far from sucky, he doesn't fit in today's NBA. Towns gives you guys spacing. Can protect the rim and spread the floor. You really want okafor, pek and dieng clogging the lane all day for wiggins bazz and Rubio?

Ramen

Post by Ramen »

pretty sure kel going to flip back and forth till the draft.

Ramen

Post by Ramen »

Also Lakers coming back to Hawaii for the preseason.
Thinking about going to check out Randle and Towns/Okafor but tickets are like $80.
Is that normal for preseason?

Simple Rock

Post by Simple Rock »

$80 is a bargain (depending on the seats)

I like Okafur more than Towns because defense can be taught easier than offense. JO can shoot mid range, face up game, + back to the basket game. And the dude clearly wants to be a laker

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

Towns has an elite offensive game though, he is a true 2 way player who can be a rare NBA defensive big. Towns would be dynamic next to Deing, Wiggins, & Rubio

coming back to KAT even though Okafor has All-Star-offensive skills. I doubt LA will take Okafor with Randle. Okafor could drop to the Knicks.

alpha

Post by alpha »

Okafor and randle would be fun as fuck to watch. Randle has an advanced post game. Grizz west

Ramen

Post by Ramen »

Lakers ain't never passing on a big man.

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

Okafor > towns

Let the record state that this has been my stance since the very beginning.

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

^
that just means you have been/will have been wrong from the beginning :lol:

towns is a much better fit for the wolves. if they didn't have wiggins i could MAYBE see the argument for drafting al jefferson over al horford, but no thanks.
Nets 2022

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

Where will Thibs end up going?

VideoKilledThe

Post by VideoKilledThe »

Either way who ever is the next Bulls HC will be a major downgrade.

Fuck the "culture" line bullshit, just traded in your dime piece for some new pussy.

Ramen

Post by Ramen »

I don't know but Chicago seems like a shitty place to work.

VideoKilledThe

Post by VideoKilledThe »

MMmmm the city or the Bulls organization? Fuck the Bulls as a organization.

Ramen

Post by Ramen »

Yeah I meant the Bulls, dudes comments while not exactly malicious they were unnecessary no?

stupidregister

Post by stupidregister »

As the resident Bulls fan here, I can safely say they have one of the worst front offices in the league. Not necessarily from a "building a team" standpoint but in a "shut the fuck up" sort of way. They're a bunch of bitch-made egomaniacs that think they're smarter and better than everyone else despite being neither one of those things. They're stubborn, they're petty, they're arrogant and they're exactly the type of people that you wouldn't want to play for. They belong in an office upstairs minding their own fucking business.

While I had my issues with Thibs, it's clear the players didn't quit on him. He had constant roster turnover, major injuries pretty much every year of his tenure and a total lack of support from upstairs but still managed to make the team relevant. He turned Rose into an MVP, Noah into a DPOY, Butler into Most Improved/All-Star and made them the best defensive team in the league for a large part of his time there.

It's fine if you don't think they guy is living up to your expectations. It's fine if you want to go in another direction, part of me thinks that's what's best anyway. What's not fine is trashing a guy who made your team relevant again and was your best coach in the last 20 years by a fucking mile. He fucking gave everything to that job and everyone knew it and you shit on him with a salty breakup letter. Jesus fucking Christ, how fucking petty can you be. The whole way they handled his last year and the end is a perfect example of how fucking rotten those guys are. Fuck Reinsdorf and fuck Gar/Pax, fucking assholes. Good luck with Alvin fucking Gentry or whomever the fuck you can lowball into coaching for you, you fucking clowns. I hear Vinny Del Negro is available, dipshits.
Quality stitched MLB, NBA, NFL, and soccer jerseys: https://www.etsy.com/shop/FanJerseyz" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

love considering going to Cs (please don't), rockets, and lakers. If he goes to rockets that would easily be the most disliked team in nba. Harden, love, howard.. might even compare to heat big 3 in how much hate they get.

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

Bulls confident Fred Hoiberg will accept coaching offer
http://espn.go.com/chicago/nba/story/_/ ... oach-offer

CHICAGO -- The Bulls are quietly confident that Iowa State coach Fred Hoiberg will accept an offer to become their next head coach, according to multiple league sources.

News of mutual interest between Hoiberg, who played for the Bulls for four of his 10 NBA seasons and is a close friend of general manager Gar Forman, and Chicago isn't a surprise. He has close relationships with several people in the Bulls' front office and is well regarded for his success in Ames.

The Bulls fired Tom Thibodeau on Thursday after five years as their coach. Thibodeau had two years and almost $9 million left on his contract.

The timetable on exactly when Hoiberg, 42, might formally sign a contract is still being hammered out. While the feeling within the organization continues to be that a contract and introductory news conference could come as early as next week, the Bulls, according to sources, are giving extra consideration to the time frame because Hoiberg underwent open-heart surgery to replace his aortic valve last month.

Bleacher Report and the Chicago Tribune also reported that a deal between Hoiberg and the Bulls is expected. The Orlando Sentinel reported Friday that Hoiberg also interviewed with the Magic for their head-coaching vacancy, but Orlando has named Scott Skiles its coach.

Earlier this week, the Ames Tribune, citing sources with knowledge of the situation, reported that Hoiberg has told at least one recruit that his future at Iowa State is uncertain.

alpha

Post by alpha »

Love not opting out. Will remain a Cav

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

alpha wrote:Love not opting out. Will remain a Cav
I don't believe. Kevin Love never tells the truth.

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

capable_keL wrote:
alpha wrote:Love not opting out. Will remain a Cav
I don't believe. Kevin Love never tells the truth.
Word...kevin love is gone from cle, bron doesnt like him, thats the bottom line...

jazzmatazz23

Post by jazzmatazz23 »

Simple Rock wrote:$80 is a bargain (depending on the seats)

I like Okafur more than Towns because defense can be taught easier than offense. JO can shoot mid range, face up game, + back to the basket game. And the dude clearly wants to be a laker
Couldn't disagree more with your statement that "defense can be taught easier then offense". How do you figure that??

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

Bulls fans have to be geeked over Hoiberg. He's the next Steve Kerr

Heard a juicy nugget today about trading Rubio & Kevin Martin for the #9 pick. Then I would take Russell at number 1 and WCS at 9 .

Back to back to back rings

VideoKilledThe

Post by VideoKilledThe »

Hoiberg is just another example of it being better to know somebody than to actually be qualified for a job.

alpha

Post by alpha »

Are you serious? Pretty qualified to me.

VideoKilledThe

Post by VideoKilledThe »

alpha wrote:Are serious us? Pretty qualified to me.
Do you think he would still be getting the offer if he didn't have a personal relationship with Bulls brass?

Nope.

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

Hoiberg has been getting interest for NBA coaching jobs for years. He elected to stay at Iowa mostly because of his heart murmur.

alpha

Post by alpha »

VideoKilledThe wrote:
alpha wrote:Are serious us? Pretty qualified to me.
Do you think he would still be getting the offer if he didn't have a personal relationship with Bulls brass?

Nope.
Clearly you have no idea what you're talking about.

VideoKilledThe

Post by VideoKilledThe »

capable_keL wrote:Hoiberg has been getting interest for NBA coaching jobs for years. He elected to stay at Iowa mostly because of his heart murmur.
Fair enough, I stand corrected.