NBA FINALS THREAD 2015

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

Who's winning

GS 4
3%
GS 5
13%
GS 6
50%
GS 7
16%
Clev 4
3%
Clev 5
No votes
Clev 6
9%
Clev 7
6%

Total votes: 32

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Re: NBA FINALS THREAD 2015

Post by capable_keL »

Tweak Da Leak wrote:The whole world has done a 180 after one game, overreactions to each game are hilarious.
at least the Golden State fans came out of hiding :cas:
Hey, by the way who's Curt?

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

binary wrote:
Reason wrote:dubs in 7?

ummm, I don't know how anyone could have the dubs winning this series right now. Green, Bogut, and Barnes are basically ghosts out there...and it doesn't look like it's gonna get any better.
:copy:
Nets 2022

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

simple outcoaching/fatigue/depth math btw, any sharp/shark/smart bettor knew to bet on gstate last night and on gstate for the series after game 3, no offense

there's a reason the dubs line = giving points on the road in game 4

dallas vs miami 2011 all over again pretty much with a few minor differences
Nets 2022

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

Reason wrote:simple outcoaching/fatigue/depth math btw, any sharp/shark/smart bettor knew to bet on gstate last night and on gstate for the series after game 3, no offense

there's a reason the dubs line = giving points on the road in game 4

dallas vs miami 2011 all over again pretty much with a few minor differences
:leon:

alpha

Post by alpha »

capable_keL wrote:
Tweak Da Leak wrote:The whole world has done a 180 after one game, overreactions to each game are hilarious.
Is your one job as a mod to troll the NBA thread?

Jayou Ayen

Post by Jayou Ayen »

alpha wrote:
capable_keL wrote:
Is your one job as a mod to troll the NBA thread?
I happen to think he does his best work when he's sucking off Kaep7.

Take it up with Gloss, you White Piece of Shit.

binary

Post by binary »

Reason wrote:
binary wrote:
Reason wrote:dubs in 7?

ummm, I don't know how anyone could have the dubs winning this series right now. Green, Bogut, and Barnes are basically ghosts out there...and it doesn't look like it's gonna get any better.
:copy:
Im more than happy to be wrong

Tweak Da Leak

Post by Tweak Da Leak »

Actually going back through the thread and reading alpha's posts he's mostly a level headed nigga.
UBM CD COMING SOON

stupidregister

Post by stupidregister »

LeBron is so far ahead of whomever is second best in the NBA, it's not even fair.
Quality stitched MLB, NBA, NFL, and soccer jerseys: https://www.etsy.com/shop/FanJerseyz" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

TheBigSleep

Post by TheBigSleep »

peanut butter wrote:One

PEACE

binary

Post by binary »

That was a great game.

Quick question - I haven't watched a ton of Lebron lately aside from this series, and I was wondering if the refs ever call him for using his forearm and/or shoulder on those drives? He's pretty blatant about it, and it seems like it happens about every other drive or time he tries to create space. That being said, I like the officiating in this game, and they are starting to really let them play. Sure, some calls are missed but it makes the games more intense.

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

You should like the officiating, Lebron should be at the line a whole lot more.

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

i hope gstate loses game 6 just so they can win in front of their fans
Nets 2022

binary

Post by binary »

naturalborn103 wrote:You should like the officiating, Lebron should be at the line a whole lot more.

disagree. They are playing great D on him. I hate it when refs reward players for driving in recklessly and initiating pretty much all contact. And honestly, so should Steph Curry, as he's being held all over the court by Delly, so I guess it evens out.

If you look back though, it's so blatant that he is initiating that I guess it's just become part of the game.

Tweak Da Leak

Post by Tweak Da Leak »

Lebron gets the least amount of superstar calls I've seen in the modern era.
UBM CD COMING SOON

binary

Post by binary »

Tweak Da Leak wrote:Lebron gets the least amount of superstar calls I've seen in the modern era.

His game is also far more straight-ahead and direct than other superstars. He also initiates the contact more than half the time so it looks like it would be illogical to call it on the defense. He isn't as crafty as say a Harden or Jordan or Kobe, not nearly. Fuck a superstar "call".

Tweak Da Leak

Post by Tweak Da Leak »

Harden initiates more contact than James and gets' more touch calls. Jordan or Kobe never went to the rim as often as James. Durant draws more ticky tacky fouls from midrange shots.
UBM CD COMING SOON

an-also

Post by an-also »

Tweak Da Leak wrote:Lebron gets the least amount of superstar calls I've seen in the modern era.
You must have missed the last 10 years of his career.

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

Everyone is right. He gets a lack of calls like shaq did because of sheer physical domination fooling refs into thinking contact is okay in his case and he gets a surplus of calls because he gets superstar ticky tack calls (there are plenty of times draymond or iggy have gotten all ball or legal contact but they call fouls)

They are balanced out

Harden shouldn't even be mentioned here by the way. He has turned getting foul calls into an art/weapon/focus
Nets 2022

Tweak Da Leak

Post by Tweak Da Leak »

Reason wrote:Everyone is right. He gets a lack of calls like shaq did because of sheer physical domination fooling refs into thinking contact is okay in his case and he gets a surplus of calls because he gets superstar ticky tack calls (there are plenty of times draymond or iggy have gotten all ball or legal contact but they call fouls)

They are balanced out

Harden shouldn't even be mentioned here by the way. He has turned getting foul calls into an art/weapon/focus
What about Durant consistently being top 2-3 in FTA's in the season with his perimeter orientated game?
UBM CD COMING SOON

alpha

Post by alpha »

Him and harden both have that move where they hook your arms. Durant more so on his jumpers

binary

Post by binary »

Tweak Da Leak wrote:Harden initiates more contact than James and gets' more touch calls. Jordan or Kobe never went to the rim as often as James. Durant draws more ticky tacky fouls from midrange shots.
Did you read the rest of my post? He isn't nearly as crafty as Harden. Harden changes pace, works angles, and is very crafty with the ball, often causing defenders to reach and lunge out of sheer desperation. James literally goes forward and keeps going forward.

binary

Post by binary »

Tweak Da Leak wrote:
Reason wrote:Everyone is right. He gets a lack of calls like shaq did because of sheer physical domination fooling refs into thinking contact is okay in his case and he gets a surplus of calls because he gets superstar ticky tack calls (there are plenty of times draymond or iggy have gotten all ball or legal contact but they call fouls)

They are balanced out

What about Durant consistently being top 2-3 in FTA's in the season with his perimeter orientated game?

Again, Lebron is going straight to the rack with very little change of pace or misdirection

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

Tweak Da Leak wrote:

They are balanced out

i don't take a ru seriously, you're not very good at this whole analyzing basketball thing, you just go off your selective memory

LOL at perimeter oriented game

Nets 2022

Tweak Da Leak

Post by Tweak Da Leak »

That just shows he finishes at a high rate by the basket, most his shots are midrange/3 pointers.
UBM CD COMING SOON

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

binary wrote:
Tweak Da Leak wrote:

They are balanced out

Again, Lebron is going straight to the rack with very little change of pace or misdirection
No one is taking charges and EVERYONE is reaching in and bumping him along the way. He just goes straight through it without flinching so it never gets called. If you are really complaining in this series LeBron is getting too many calls I don't know what to say.

Tweak Da Leak

Post by Tweak Da Leak »

Didn't one of Lebron's finals series against the Spurs have his team shoot the lowest amount of FT's for any team ever in a Finals series?
UBM CD COMING SOON

eternalreflection
I'll Just STFU Now!

Post by eternalreflection »

I think tonight they call it very tight on GS defenders and Iggy picks up 2 fouls in the first 4-6 minutes

I don't know if there is a line on Iggy fouling out, but I'm on the yes side for this one.

eternalreflection
I'll Just STFU Now!

Post by eternalreflection »

Well it was a fun ride while it lasted, this has been one of the sloppiest games ever

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

Cleveland is done