NBA FINALS THREAD 2015

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

Who's winning

GS 4
3%
GS 5
13%
GS 6
50%
GS 7
16%
Clev 4
3%
Clev 5
No votes
Clev 6
9%
Clev 7
6%

Total votes: 32

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

NBA FINALS THREAD 2015

Post by Reason »

Nets 2022

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Re: NBA FINALS THREAD 2015

Post by Reason »

My predictions:

I'm sticking with my preseason NBA futures bet on this one and predicting the Warriors to win, though not just b/c I bet on them. I could hedge the bet ($25 to win $625+) and put ~$300 on the Cavs to win the series to guarantee ~$300 profit but I had a great year with a low volume of betting this year so I don't mind taking the $25 hit whatsoever for the thrill of letting it ride.

Prediction A:
Klay is fully healed by the time the series starts next week and the Dubs shake off some early-game jitters and win relatively easily by 8-10 points. The Dubs go on to take the series in a relatively "non-stressful" 5 or 6 games.

Prediction B:
Klay is not right by gametime. Lebron steals one with the help of a hot-shotting JR Smith who seems to be immune to the "role players suck on the road in the playoffs" syndrome. The Dubs have to fight and claw to win the series in a tough 6 or 7 games. Tristan Thompson proves too nimble and active for any big men on GSW and grabs almost as many offensive rebounds as the entire GSW team - extra possessions for Lebron is death to an opposing team as Bron turns them into wide open threes for teammates. Playing at home might be the deciding factor in a series like this.

I see Prediction A happening like 75% of the time. I could see Prediction B happening like 23% of the time but since a sick perimeter defender like Iggy will most likely take a lot of Klay's minutes and defensive roles (thereby shutting down the JR Smith's of the world) it is less likely to me.

Then there's that 2% of Prediction Lebron. To borrow Bill Simmons' term, he goes into "FULL F-U" mode and goes all Jordan in 1993 on us and carries the Cavs to a 6 or 7 game series win putting up Oscar Robertson numbers.

I kinda wouldn't mind losing my bet/being wrong just to watch FU MODE Lebron. Either way, I really think we are going to witness a pretty entertaining series.
Nets 2022

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

congrats to the dubs homies, YOU DID IT. i'm definitely jealous of yall

now go get the hardware
Hey, by the way who's Curt?

unclebengi

Post by unclebengi »

umm, yeah, pretty much- http://grantland.com/the-triangle/are-t ... fs-boring/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

Deleted a Gucci post by accident. He said GS would win and Phil Jackson would delete his twitter.

You dumb fuck, you realize 3 teams shot more 3's per a game then GS, including the Cavs (and Rockets)?

If anything is kinda revolutionary about GS it is not their shooting, it is their defense. Team filled with super long athletic guys who can all switch and cover multiple positions. Has Lebron ever played a team in the playoffs who have more guys who are capable of guarding him? I think it goes 5.

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

naturalborn103 wrote:Deleted a Gucci post by accident. He said GS would win and Phil Jackson would delete his twitter.

You dumb fuck, you realize 3 teams shot more 3's per a game then GS, including the Cavs (and Rockets)?

If anything is kinda revolutionary about GS it is not their shooting, it is their defense. Team filled with super long athletic guys who can all switch and cover multiple positions. Has Lebron ever played a team in the playoffs who have more guys who are capable of guarding him? I think it goes 5.
Curry broke his own NBA record for most 3 pointerss made by an individual player in a season this year

Curry & Klay broke the NBA record for most 3 pointers made by a PG & SG tandem in a season this year

#ENOUGHSAID

Edit: why do you keep deleting my posts?

alpha

Post by alpha »

Because you're a retard?

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

alpha wrote:Because you're a retard?
If anything, it's posts like this that should be deleted.

Let's keep this thread in line with talking basketball. No need for witless insults.

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

way to gay up the thread before it gets started. Stop calling names and deleting posts, RCBSRV is making better posts than some citizens

get it together bros, my god

Tweak Da Leak

Post by Tweak Da Leak »

Having Curry as their only guy that can create their own shot consistently will hurt GS in this series(Please don't try and tell me Klay up can consistently create on his own with his horrid dribbling).
UBM CD COMING SOON

alpha

Post by alpha »

Stop encouraging him. You've been gaying up the NBA threads for a min Kel. Anyway, rapist wants to act like the dubs are doing something crazy on offense when natty put him in place in the next post. Then he post some nonsense right after that. That isn't discussion it's the same ignorant posting he does in p and b

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

Race Car Bed Sleeping Rapist Virgin wrote:
naturalborn103 wrote:Deleted a Gucci post by accident. He said GS would win and Phil Jackson would delete his twitter.

Curry broke his own NBA record for most 3 pointerss made by an individual player in a season this year

Curry & Klay broke the NBA record for most 3 pointers made by a PG & SG tandem in a season this year

#ENOUGHSAID

We talking about players or teams?

This is very simple. You are saying that if a team wins that shoots less 3s per a game and lower % of their shots are 3s per a game then the opposing team it proves that shooting 3s can win championships. This is right after GS just beat another team that shoots more 3s per a game then them % per a game and total per game.

And you posts have been and will be deleted because they ruin what should be some of the best threads in sports bar (IMO). These back and forths (which I am guilty of too. Protecting thread from myself responding to your dumb posts too) are terrible. You make Hayzoos look like Zach Lowe. This isn't PB, no one cares about you. I can't tell if you are trolling or that dumb. Either way, I am deleting it until I don't have permission to anymore.

Ramen

Post by Ramen »

What fan base needs this more?

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

naturalborn103 wrote:
Race Car Bed Sleeping Rapist Virgin wrote:

#ENOUGHSAID

We talking about players or teams?

This is very simple. You are saying that if a team wins that shoots less 3s per a game and lower % of their shots are 3s per a game then the opposing team it proves that shooting 3s can win championships. This is right after GS just beat another team that shoots more 3s per a game then them % per a game and total per game.

And you posts have been and will be deleted because they ruin what should be some of the best threads in sports bar (IMO). These back and forths (which I am guilty of too. Protecting thread from myself responding to your dumb posts too) are terrible. You make Hayzoos look like Zach Lowe. This isn't PB, no one cares about you. I can't tell if you are trolling or that dumb. Either way, I am deleting it until I don't have permission to anymore.
It's funny you mention P&B, because you are bringing in beef from there to the sports bar, not me.

You're wrong, GS is first in the NBA in 3 pointers made per game & 3 pointers attempted per game. They are second in the NBA in 3 point percentage per game. Check it out...

http://espn.go.com/nba/statistics/team/ ... dGoalsMade" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

Ramen wrote:What fan base needs this more?
Dubs are on 35 year drought.....decades bro
I doubt if Cleveland can handle a championship.

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

capable_keL wrote:
Ramen wrote:What fan base needs this more?
Dubs are on 35 year drought.....decades bro
I doubt if Cleveland can handle a championship.
Dubs need it more. This is their "perfect season" where everything is seemingly going their way. They need to get it done this year, or they blew it big time. Cle has bron, he is the best basketball player in the world, and the whole league wants to come and be part of his movement. Cle will be killing it in free agency for years to come, and will most likely win multiple championships.
Last edited by GUCCI CONDOMS on Thu May 28, 2015 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

binary

Post by binary »

Tweak Da Leak wrote:Having Curry as their only guy that can create their own shot consistently will hurt GS in this series(Please don't try and tell me Klay up can consistently create on his own with his horrid dribbling).
I actually agree with this guy for once. GS can win via ball movement but they aren't disciplined enough to stick to it.

This is gonna be a fun series; I'm going to love seeing how Kerr and Adams adjust to Lebron.

unclebengi

Post by unclebengi »

Does Cleveland stick Shump on Curry? Or just have a team defense approach with a lot of trapping? Tristan Thompson and Harrison Barnes will continue to be X factors, if one of those guys plays great it gives their team a much better shot to get it done.

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

Race Car Bed Sleeping Rapist Virgin wrote: You're wrong, GS is first in the NBA in 3 pointers made per game & 3 pointers attempted per game. They are second in the NBA in 3 point percentage per game. Check it out...

http://espn.go.com/nba/statistics/team/ ... dGoalsMade" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Nice try. I am going by regular season stats, not playoffs. 82 game sample size > 15 game sample size

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

If Irving is still as hurt as he was vs atl who is Cleveland going to put him on? He is going to be pretty much unplayable. Also, how GS teams going to react after Delly goes after Curry's ankles?

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

unclebengi wrote:Does Cleveland stick Shump on Curry? Or just have a team defense approach with a lot of trapping? Tristan Thompson and Harrison Barnes will continue to be X factors, if one of those guys plays great it gives their team a much better shot to get it done.
Lebron will "Jeff Teague" curry at ends of games if they are close or if curry has been going off (is my prediction)
Nets 2022

unclebengi

Post by unclebengi »

naturalborn103 wrote:If Irving is still as hurt as he was vs atl who is Cleveland going to put him on? He is going to be pretty much unplayable. Also, how GS teams going to react after Delly goes after Curry's ankles?
That's why Barnes is such an X factor, you can't hide people on him anymore. I'd guess they'd like to have Kyrie try his best on Curry w/ constant help, but that seems like a recipe for disaster. Unless Kyrie can really be Kyrie on offense, he could be a serious liability.

Tweak Da Leak

Post by Tweak Da Leak »

Delly is actually a pretty good PG defender
UBM CD COMING SOON

VideoKilledThe

Post by VideoKilledThe »

Tweak if anything you have to appreciate his trolling skills, shit is next level.

Tweak Da Leak

Post by Tweak Da Leak »

VideoKilledThe wrote:Tweak if anything you have to appreciate his trolling skills, shit is next level.
lol as if you've ever had a relevant opinion about anything sports related.
UBM CD COMING SOON

VideoKilledThe

Post by VideoKilledThe »

Lol I was agreeing with you

Tweak Da Leak

Post by Tweak Da Leak »

by calling me a troll? LOL anyway I don't even know if you have relevant sports opinions(thought you were rzn at first), I only know like 4-5 posters by name, I think I recognize yours from another subset of this forum anyway.
UBM CD COMING SOON

Jayou Ayen

Post by Jayou Ayen »

Tweezey, we want your prediction.
Frisco or Bleveland, and in how many games.

Take it up with Gloss, you White Piece of Shit.

Blockhead
I made Daylight, yo!

Post by Blockhead »

Wouldn't it be Frisbo? Continuity is important.

Ramen

Post by Ramen »

I think you mean Bontinuity, and no Frisco is borrect.