fantasy football 15/16 thread

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

ric

Re: fantasy football 15/16 thread

Post by ric »

is apropos to point out that anyone who had invested in the cardinals qb wr#1 and rbs #1 & 2 would be rolling. and thats the real drawback is that its about drafting the players who are on a team that is going to roll

unclebengi

Post by unclebengi »

Not necessarily though ric. I always try to to target guys in potential high scoring offenses, but fantasy football always has landmines, so you have to stock your bench w/ lottery tickets and keep the bottom of your roster churning as things change throughout the year. If you think Larry Fitz will keep up his current pace, then by all means offer up your #1 receiver for him.

The only Cardinal I have is John Brown (he's one of my most owned players) but he's underwhelmed fantasy wise to this point. I have a ton of Colts and they've underwhelmed, but my fantasy teams have still been good enough all around to win more than they've lost. Cardinals are killing it now, but if Palmer gets hurt again they all go back to the burn pile. When Ellington comes back that backfield is a fantasy situation to avoid.

The Bengals are the toast of the town to me right now though. If that offense stays healthy, there's no slowing them down and Dalton will be a fantasy monster. Also, look at the Falcons upcoming schedule, their offense isn't as diverse as the Bengals in the pass game, but Julio should keep eating and making it easy for the rest of the team-

4 Oct 04 HOU @ ATL Georgia Dome 1:00 PM Tickets CBS

5 Oct 11 WAS @ ATL Georgia Dome 1:00 PM Tickets FOX

6 Oct 15 ATL @ NO Mercedes-Benz Superdome 8:25 PM Tickets CBS

7 Oct 25 ATL @ TEN Nissan Stadium 1:00 PM Tickets FOX

8 Nov 01 TB @ ATL Georgia Dome 1:00 PM Tickets FOX

9 Nov 08 ATL @ SF Levi's Stadium 4:05 PM Tickets FOX

10 Bye

ric

Post by ric »

@bengi
I mean like apropos to the team based system earlier discussed. Dalton and green have been doing well though

ric

Post by ric »

my teams have been doing shitty this year. my dynasty league team is in the hunt for the playoffs.
in regular league where i drafted russel wilson marshawn lynch and jimmy graham things have been shitty mostly because of the ineffectiveness of that trifecta and the fact that i got beat to the punch in picking up thomas rawls (lynch backup who is a baller)

once jimmy graham was injured (i mean like the very next series) all the sudden the seahawk offense was able to move the ball effectively. what a shock (sarcasm). i picked jimmy graham (and that trifecta) because i assumed i was wrong and everyone else was right. foolish mistake that ill never make again.

so my regular team sucked really hard. 2-10.
my extra league was fucked from the very beginning because the commish is a shady fucking dude and the league was hastily thrown together. so shit was of course garbage but what brought me down was that everyone and their mother had their best weeks against me. even though i scored middle of the pack in points i was dead last by a huge margin in points against. like an absurd margin. so fuck that league. whatever.

dynasty league is fine. i am middle of the pack but in the hunt for a playoff spot. i got beat by one day picking up deandre hopkins in the offseason and honestly this one little move effectively made all the difference as deandre is #1 wr in this league. so i lost games and the dude who picked him up won games. i mean really its frustrating. my shit is built to win and last though as almost every non-qb player i have is less than 4 years experience in the nfl. i played jordan matthews waiting for it to pop and he had a COUPLE good games but really only a couple so far despite being the overwhelming target favorite. part of that reason is because some of his targets are really throw aways where bradford is rushed etc.

the ultimate fuckery for every single one of my leagues is that i actually drafted d.freeman but dropped him once it became apparent that tevin coleman was the man (wk 2) but then tevin went down and that story essentially wrote itself. the irony is that if freeman does get injured the pendulum will probably swing the other way. in dynasty i drafted tevin coleman in the rookie draft though.

if stl ever figures out how to pass the ball shit will be awesome as i have t.austin and gurley in dynasty. its a real fucking shame though as the stl d has also waned due to offensive inefficacy.

unclebengi

Post by unclebengi »

Don't want to jinx it, but I've had a great year to this point. I'm in 7 leagues and I'm in the final four in all 7 of them. A few of my teams caught the injury bug pretty hard and have some holes, but getting to the final 4 is all you can ask for. Top 3 get paid out in all leagues so I obviously want to avoid 4th place, but if I can win 3 or 4 leagues it'll be a huge success.

ric

Post by ric »

@bengi
nice dude. :cheers: