fantasy football 15/16 thread

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

ric

Re: fantasy football 15/16 thread

Post by ric »

im not totally done with my team vs regular strategy post

but in light of the upcoming fantasy draft i needed to look at some shit on my day off. its below.

there are questions about whats gonna happen to some positions on some teams and with some players and so ive made a separate category for that called "???? CONFUSING" which is stuff that is for your/my consideration

im also operating under the assumption that injuries wont really be a huge deal but will be somewhat present for players with histories

and lastly the most important aspect of this sheet is actually not on there: the operating presumptions of how it all fits together

it is still a rb league according to last years stats
28 of the top 50 players for the total yards from scrimmage stat were rbs
17 of the top 30 players in tot yds scrimm were rbs
9 of the top 15 players in tot yds scrimm were rbs and lamarr miller is on that top 15 list
8 of the top 10 players in tot yds scrimm were rbs and justin forsett is on that top 10 list (shady mccoy actually is NOT believe it or not)
many rbs last year would have been higher except injuries and youth
the general trend was still rbs rule. they just didnt unquestionably dominate fantasy like they used to

so look....look to your rbs to make the difference everyone is going to want wr because everyone is talking about the strength of the passing game and to some extent they are right but to some extent they are wrong because the passing game is FAR more diffuse and unpredictable than the running game

i copied this over from a word document i did with columns to make better use of space. but the columns only had so much space so sometimes names look wierd to compensate

DST
-------------------------
DST (in order)
1ST TIER DST
1 SEA
2 PHI
3 HOU
4 DEN
5 BAL
6 STL
? NYJ

2ND TIER DST
1 KC
2 CLE
3 BUF
4 DAL
K
Ks (in order)
1 A.VINATIERI ind
2 C. SANTOS kc
3 C. PARKEY phi
4 S. GSTKWSKI ne
5 C. STURGIS mia
6 D. BAILEY dal
7 M. PRATER det
TES
TEs (mstly orderd)
1ST TIER TE
1 GRONK ne
2 J.GRAHAM sea
3 M.BENNETT chi
4 O.DANIELS den
5 A.GATES sd
? T.KELCE kc

2ND TIER TE
1 E.EBRON det
2 J.CAMERON mia
3 S.CHANDLERne?
4 K.RUDOLPH min
5 H.MILLER pit
? J THOMAs jax
? D.WALKER ten
? A FASANO ten

???? CONFUSING
1 PHI TEs
2 V.DAVIS 49
QBS
QB (in order)
1ST TIER QB
1 A.LUCK ind
2 A.RODGERS gb
3 R.WILSON sea
4 B.ROTHELS pit
5 P.MANNING den
6 D.BREES neor
7 E.MANNING nyg
8 T.BRADY ne
9 P.RIVERS sd
? C.PALMER az

2ND TIER QB
1 R.TANHILL mia
2 T.B-WATER min
? C.NEWTON car
? M.RYAN atl

???? CONFUSING
1 S.BRADFORD phi
2 M STAFFORD det
3 A DALTON cin
4 KAEPERNICK 49
5 B BORTLES jax
6 T.TAYLOR buf
RBS
RBs (relative order)

1ST TIER RB
1 A.P. min
2 M.LYNCH sea
3 L.BELL pit
4 M.FORTE chi
5 E.LACY gb
6 J.CHARLES kc
7 D.MURRAY phi?
8 J.HILL cin
9 L.McCOY buf
10 M.INGRAM neor
11 L.MILLER mia
? M.GORDON sd
? T.YELDON jax

2ND TIER RB
1 A.MORRIS was
2 F.GORE ind
3 R.JENNINGS nyg
4 C.HYDE 49
5 B.SANKEY ten
6 A.ELLNGTN az
? T.MASON stl
? T.GURLEY stl
? D.FREEMAN atl
? T.COLEMAN atl

???? CONFUSING
1 D.MARTIN tam
2 J.STEWART car
3 DENVER RBs
4 C.JOHNSON az
5 C.IVORY nyj
6 PHILLY RBs
7 DAL RBs
8 STL RBs
9 CLE RBs
10 BAL RBs
WRS
WRs (relatv order)

1ST TIER WR
1 A.GREEN cin
2 D.THOMAS den
3 C.JOHNSON det
4 D.BRYANT dal
5 E.SANDERS den
6 J.JONES atl
7 J.NELSON gb
8 A.BROWN pit
9 M.WLLACE min
10 B.MARSH nyj
11 J.MATHEWSphi
? O.BECKHAM nyg
? D.JACKSON was
? D.HOPKINS hou

2ND TIER WR
1 S.SMITH bal
2 A.JEFFREY chi
3 G.TATE det
4 P.GARCON was
5 V.CRUZ nyg
6 R.COBB gb
7 R.WHITE atl
8 A.JOHNSON ind
9 T.HILTON ind
10 M.EVANS tam
11 K.ALLEN sd
12 K.BENJAMINcar
13 S.JOHNSON sd
? M.CRABTREEoak
? A.ROBINSON jax
? C.PTTERSONmin

3RD TIER WR
1 J.MACLIN kc
2 S.WATKINS buf
3 M.COLSTNneor
4 R.RANDLE nyg
5 V.JACKSON tam
6 K.WRIGHT ten
? A.COOPERoak
? J.WRIGHT min

4TH TIER WR
1 B.COOKS neor
2 M.BRYANT pit
3 T.WILLIAMSdal
5 M.WHEATONpit

???? CONFUSING
1 AZ WRs
2 N.AGHOLOR phi
3 J.HUFF phi
4 49WRs
5 STL WRs
6 MIA WRs
edit: totally forgot about gostkowski

wheels

Post by wheels »

Is there actually a way we can play head to head, or is that an impossibility? We'd have to do daily, but I'm not even sure how that would work. I'm not out to prove you wrong, I just want to see the shit in action. Maybe you can just keep us updated here?

Draft Sunday, leaning AP #1. Talk me out of it if you want, I'm trying to autopilot this shit.

ric

Post by ric »

@wheels
i have a post in the works about the team thing but ive been working a ton. bad timing. for what its worth ap #1 is obv awesome but im #1 in my qb heavy league and im rolling with either marshawn lynch or andrew luck. lynch is the centerpiece of an offense that has no real actual quality wrs. they grind and play d to win.

also that list was posted up wk 1 of preseason. obv shit has changed with the noteworthy injuries and dudes proving out so forth

ric

Post by ric »

DARK STAR
--------------------
01 Marshawn
02 Russell
03 J.Grizzle
04 Yeldon
05 J.Matthews
06 A.Robinson
07 S.Smith
08 Philly D
09 D.Freeman
10 T.Mason
11 B.Sankey
12 A.Gates
13 C.Parkey

unclebengi

Post by unclebengi »

Had a weird auction draft yesterday where all the high end guys we're going for more than I was willing to pay. Luck was the one guy I was determined to get as I only have him in one league so far this year. Because people kept bidding more than I was willing to bid, I didn't get any other top end talent besides Luck, but I'm pretty happy with my team and the options my roster gives me-

QB- Luck, Bridgewater
RB- Ingram, J Stewart, Abdullah, Ivory, Gurley
WR- E Sanders, B Marsh, Watkins, John Brown, Martavis Bryant, Nelson Agholor
TE- Greg Olsen

I'm going to have to make a trade because my roster is backloaded, and I probably would have done things a little differently if I could redo the draft, but I'm still excited to see how that team works out because you could never draft that type of team in a snake draft. There's almost 10 guys on my roster that would usually go in rounds 4-6 of a snake draft.

wheels

Post by wheels »

Before I comment, how many teams in the league and what's the scoring?

In my 10-team non ppr, I landed
A. Rodgers
K. Allen
VJax
Lesean McCoy
Michael Floyd
Martavius Bryant
Joique Bell
Torrey Smith
Gio
Decker
Ertz
Devonta Freeman

All I need to do is cut two guys and I'm ready for the season

Edit: Completely forgot about AP. He was my #1 overall
Last edited by wheels on Thu Sep 03, 2015 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

ric

Post by ric »

shady looks like great move after tyrod taylor is named starter and fred jackson signed by seahawks

siLLy KiD

Post by siLLy KiD »

not super stoked. not super bummed.

ric

Post by ric »

Yeah Cruz fell in my league too. same with Bradford. get rid of funchess dude has horrible technique for everything

alpha

Post by alpha »

Funchess will be the number one target. Don't listen to ric. And why did you draft 2 defenses?

siLLy KiD

Post by siLLy KiD »

alpha wrote:Funchess will be the number one target. Don't listen to ric. And why did you draft 2 defenses?

I had second thoughts about drafting the jets lol. Just made a major trade, but I feel pretty good about it.

Received:

Jamaalocaust
Randall Cobb
Rams D
Ameer Abdullah

Gave up:

Le'Veon
MIA D
Woodhead
Maclin

Best trades always come from playing to other peoples emotions imo lol. I feel like I got the better end of this. Dude is a hardcore Steelers fan. Fucking fantasy though, man. It's the most gut wrenching second guessing shit ever hahaha. Like your #1 can go all season not doing shit (McCoy for me last year) and some fucker picked up off waivers can go the fuck off :bunk:

My sleeper I'm hoping will be Davis. I think he's gonna get a lot of touches and we do a PPR league. Who would you guys start D week 1? STL again SEA or NYJ against CLE?

So far this is the start for week 1:

Rapeburgerz
L. Miller
J. Charles
T. Hilton
AJ Green
V. Davis
R. Cobb Rams D
C Parkey

bench:

j thomas
jets d
v cruz
g bernard
j cutler
d funchess
a abdullah

Disclaimer *this is only my second year playing Fantasy and don't know that much about football* I feel like I could use another good RB though instead of a 3rd baller WR.

unclebengi

Post by unclebengi »

You gave up Le'Veon...you lose

unclebengi

Post by unclebengi »

No that's a great trade though, just fucking around

alpha

Post by alpha »

start the nyj defense. I don't trust Davis yet, but I think he's gonna bounce back this year. Go with Thomas this week, imo.

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

Silly kid, is that a keeper league? How many teams? Getting Bell, Hilton, Green, Miller in a non-keeper would be pretty weird.

ric

Post by ric »

re funchess
dont listen to me listen to the depth chart. hes 3rd string as their #1 wr. kevin norwood somehow made it over to them from seattle (he got beat out by a guy who they turned into a wr this year...who used to play qb ) and hes 2nd string behind ted ginn who is the only person that represents a functional wr over there. they also claimed stephen hill (nyj; gt speedster) but hes on IR right now.

now listen to me; im telling you funchess will do nothing this year

artis payne on the other hand is the dude you want to keep an eye on over there but that may not be this year.
Last edited by ric on Mon Sep 07, 2015 1:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

ric

Post by ric »

the guy who people are passing on is philip dorsett in indy. hes already a better wr than moncrief

rashad greene is earning his way up in jax and could be a sweet dude down the road.

its obvi that brandon coleman is the saints future or at least thats the plan. too bad for fantasy owners that jeff ireland is a bitch

siLLy KiD

Post by siLLy KiD »

naturalborn103 wrote:Silly kid, is that a keeper league? How many teams? Getting Bell, Hilton, Green, Miller in a non-keeper would be pretty weird.
non keeper. lotta weird 1st rounders...lol. Only 10 teams too.

@ric - Funchess was auto'd for me. I was kinda bummed about it tbh. Mainly cuz i just don't like his fucking name in general. It sounds like a snack.

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

Was Vernon Davis an emotional pick? Did you have to draft a 9er or do you actually think he'll produce?
Hey, by the way who's Curt?

Ramen

Post by Ramen »

I got Jamaal Charles in 2 leagues, not sure how I feel about that.

siLLy KiD

Post by siLLy KiD »

alpha wrote: Go with Thomas this week, imo.
:larry: he's out for at least a month, bruh.

siLLy KiD

Post by siLLy KiD »

capable_keL wrote:Was Vernon Davis an emotional pick? Did you have to draft a 9er or do you actually think he'll produce?
i think he's a sleeper. 13 TDs in 2013, and only 2 in 2014, but I feel like he is gonna be Kaeps fav target and get a shit load of touches (and I'm in a PPR league). I mean he's pretty much the only good player left on our team ffs lol. All that being said tho - yes it was a slightly emotional pick hahaha.

unclebengi

Post by unclebengi »

The other big $ auction draft I had tonight (my last of the year) went the opposite way the one I posted about previously went. Everyone was just sticking their toes in the water so I made a big splash in the first several minutes coming away with Le'Veon, Jeremy Hill, Luck, TY, and Hopkins at discounts. My bench and remaining spots are thinner but still plenty of upside w/ Eddie Royal, Phillip Dorsett, Devante Parker, Tre Mason, Danny Woodhead, Delanie Walker, and Dwayne Allen. It'll be interesting to track how the different teams play out, but this is the best team I've drafted all year I feel.

wheels

Post by wheels »

ric wrote:re funchess
dont listen to me listen to the depth chart. hes 3rd string as their #1 wr. kevin norwood somehow made it over to them from seattle (he got beat out by a guy who they turned into a wr this year...who used to play qb ) and hes 2nd string behind ted ginn who is the only person that represents a functional wr over there. they also claimed stephen hill (nyj; gt speedster) but hes on IR right now.

now listen to me; im telling you funchess will do nothing this year

artis payne on the other hand is the dude you want to keep an eye on over there but that may not be this year.
Can someone translate this for me?

ric

Post by ric »

@wheels
they split up their depth chart into two different wr demarcations instead of say 3 or 4 so they clearly plan on basing out of 2 wr sets with some 3 wr sets thrown in there.

so funchess is under the column for being put into the slot they have designated as their #1 on the field (whatever that may be z x whatever) but hes 3rd on the depth chart for that z slot.

unbelievable dickhead

Post by unbelievable dickhead »

auction:

eli manning, newton ($3 total)
lamar miller, cj anderson, bernard, vereen, mcfadden (miller and anderson were like $33 each)
wr in order of cost: djackson (was), watkins, bmarshal, s.smith (bal) really only felt like i over payed for watkins.
gronk (my first pick with $57, was willing to go $64)
denver and matt bryant

i originally wanted a budget qb and was aiming for tannehil, wasn't willing to spend over $10, he went for $14, then i got eli for $2 and cam for $1 because everybody had their QBs and were reaching for other positions at the time.

best i've felt about a draft in a long time. picking between eli and cam might be maddening but i'm pretty optimistic overall.

wheels

Post by wheels »

I dunno what my reasoning was, but with Ertz probably out of tonight's game I went and grabbed Tyler Eifert yesterday. That dude should really keep up the good work, I need him

unclebengi

Post by unclebengi »

Yeah, I liked him a lot coming into the year, but I ended up with Gronk, Kelce, or Olsen on almost every team. I took Delanie over him in a couple spots late. TE's balled out though week one, Olsen was the only top TE who busted.

My Colts looked horrid, but my fantasy teams had a great week. I should go 7-1 in money leagues unless Julio shits the bed tonight. Gronk, Kelce, Rivers, Abdullah, Jeremy Hill, D Hop, and Woodhead all came through big in multiple spots.

wheels

Post by wheels »

Hey ric, how's your season going with the Eagles' early troubles? I'm not giving you shit, I honestly want to know.

Demarco Murray has 11 rushing yards, are you playing Sproles? Inquiring minds want to know.

ric

Post by ric »

@wheels
-eagles having issues obv. my dynasty/eagles team is probably gonna end up 0-2 at the end of the week.
-but for all that things are actually decent all around (partly because the dynasty team has huge bench and a flex spot which i dont have in the regular league) because having the eagles doesnt mean you play them all the time (let me reiterate the size of the bench)
-the thing is i dont have murray in that league because dude who drafted him didnt want to give him up when i offered a trade basically because he believed murrays #s were only gonna get better this season which is like whatever
-my rookie draft was great. i traded alshon jeffrey late last season for a first rd draft pick. so i got gurley agholor coleman and mariota
-this past week i tried to trade for sankey and kendall wright but dudes in my league are either looking for youth or think im an idiot. so they wanted like gurley for wright or jordan matthews for bishop sankey im like gtfo thats like an insult. and now that theyve both had wk 2 issues against what is being labelled as a "bad team" so well see if they decide to drop or reduce their ridiculous prices
-but i dropped ryan matthews because his status as role player is criminally obvious even at this point.
-bradford is going to have to figure this shit out and for that matter so is chip. i dont think bradford buys in; i got to see the first qtr of the dal/phi game yesterday and i think it was aikman who said that bradford told him in the pregame interview that 'the hurryup is great when its clicking but when its not it sucks' which misses the point entirely. this is why during the offseason chip started hoarding players who went to oregon and played for hurryup teams. he still needs people to buy in to what theyre doing because the reality is most everybody is going to narrate skepticism until the chip kelly eagles win a superbowl. its like the oakland as and boston red sox. the red sox win a championship one or two years after they hire bill james and all of the sudden everybody buys in (the irony of course is that the narrative will ignore the success of the hurry up or the stats or whatever)

let me tell you what im doing with the dynasty team though;
-ive got sproles bradford jmatthews and agholor (agholor is on an unplayable rookie bench spot) and eagles d; ive got sanchez on the bench guarding against the inevitable bradford injury
-right now because i shed so many eagles players after hoarding them in the offseason and because i drafted gurls and already had tre mason; i picked up tavon austin and cunningham
-ok then ive got miller tannehill eli and jennings (i also had andre williams but dropped him last week but will end up picking up andre williams again on the basis that he is the future and ill just stash him)
-picked up eifert wk 1 (first waiver position) but was unable to pick up cooks

edit way after the fact:
heres another thing though; in one of my regular leagues ive got jimmy graham russel wilson marshawn lynch

team is actually hanging in there in games partly because league wide trends are of course turning usual methods of business on their heads. i would be 1-1 across the board at this point but i didnt play allen robinson last week. i have him on all my squads and decided to bench him to see what the jags offense would be about because week 1 that shit was like some junior highschool level nonsense.