John Oliver nails it

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

John Oliver nails it

Post by Philaflava »

chump change
The Mayor

Re: John Oliver nails it

Post by chump change »

this was great...

gonna steal it..

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

awesome
Hey, by the way who's Curt?

Tweak Da Leak

Post by Tweak Da Leak »

C-Siccness >>>
UBM CD COMING SOON

Tommy Bunz

Post by Tommy Bunz »

Love Last Week Tonight so much. Only thing that makes Stewart leaving the Daily Show tolerable.

stupidregister

Post by stupidregister »

He's basically awesome on all of them. But I feel like it's more about exposing the general population to these things. Like who didn't already know making the public pay for the stadium was a complete sham? He touches on the Miami Marlins but it's pretty mind-blowing how much bullshit they got away with, especially for a team that can't fill 1/3 of the stadium on a yearly basis.
Quality stitched MLB, NBA, NFL, and soccer jerseys: https://www.etsy.com/shop/FanJerseyz" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

eternalreflection
I'll Just STFU Now!

Post by eternalreflection »

True Detective has been such an abortion this season I didn't even check HBO go for the latest episode of his, during GoT/Veep/Silicon Valley I'd have that weekly reminder

Myjah

Post by Myjah »

See, I agree with this argument but I've always been a little bothered by the Marlins financial documents that were leaked. Those documents were only for one year, and said the Marlins did make money that one year, but they didn't say anything about the past debt the Marlins owed. They very well could have and probably were in the hole, especially troubling for Loria since the documents revealed that for some idiotic reason he owns the team in partnership (meaning he is personally liable for all Marlins debt).

I'm not defending Loria, but people have latched onto a really simplistic view of those leaked documents that isn't really true.
I <3 Employee.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

You realize what Lorida and son did to Montreal too, right?

Myjah

Post by Myjah »

Philaflava wrote:You realize what Lorida and son did to Montreal too, right?
I'm not defending Loria, I'm just saying. Attack the man for the awful things he actually has done, not the more speculative things. It's a bad look when you're like "But he actually made a profit last year!" if the team is actually still in a ton of debt from years prior.

Loria is a dumb-shit at business who painted himself into a corner with his own stupidity (a fucking partnership? Really?). Attack him for that.
I <3 Employee.