Philaflava Fantasy Football Keeper Draft

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Philaflava Fantasy Football Keeper Draft

Post by Philaflava »

I renewed the league this AM and emails went out.

Thoughts on getting a little diff this year and doing an auction draft?

Tentative keepers:
Brees
Andre Johnson
Lesean McCoy/Mike Evans

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Re: Philaflava Fantasy Football Keeper Draft

Post by capable_keL »

Dez Bryant
D. Thomas
Bridgewater

i think the auction will clash with out draft position/keeper format but I know you love auctions
Hey, by the way who's Curt?

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

well we each get 3 so we control that. the rest our wallet would control. we can keep it traditional but just throwing it out there if you guys wanted to mix it up and make the draft dope.

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

well we get 3 according to the round we selected them last year. how would that work in an auction?

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

it would negate the rounds it just means you have 3 keepers period. any 3.

again, just throwing this out there as im sure the majority wouldn't want to welcome change.

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

roflzburger
leveon bell
jimmy graham
Nets 2022

Dwight Strawberry

Post by Dwight Strawberry »

Can't do an auction unless we rebooted the league, and no keepers this year. Budgets will not be fair.

As for my keepers:

Eli Manning
Marshawn Lynch
Jordan Matthews

Gloss - Not sure how you are keeping Andre Johnson when he is on my final roster from 2014...

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

Meant Calvin Johnson.

Prophecy
not Psychosis

Post by Prophecy »

Dwight Strawberry wrote:Can't do an auction unless we rebooted the league, and no keepers this year. Budgets will not be fair...
This.

I'll get my keepers in in the next day or two.
"Dosent russian bitches let you shit on their face?" -AxEwOuNdFiStEr-
Masked Terror #1 wrote:We were cranking Slayer on the underwater speakers the whole trip. Sharks love Slayer.
Reggie wrote:Bottom line is that if you're not making rap music because you love it and/or you've got something unique to say, that is, if rap is just your "hustle", then you're a fucking asshole.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

I sent out invites now a few times. If those teams don't renew I'm giving them to somebody else.

We do have one option spot. Its actually from the winner of last year.

The 3 keepers can be plucked from Odell Beckham, Alshon Jeffery, Eddie Lacy, Tannehill, Andre Ellington, Vincent Jackson or Desean Jackson.

If you haven't sent $25 to Paypal@philaflava.com as gift, please do so now. Thank you.

Prophecy
not Psychosis

Post by Prophecy »

Keepers in and paid
"Dosent russian bitches let you shit on their face?" -AxEwOuNdFiStEr-
Masked Terror #1 wrote:We were cranking Slayer on the underwater speakers the whole trip. Sharks love Slayer.
Reggie wrote:Bottom line is that if you're not making rap music because you love it and/or you've got something unique to say, that is, if rap is just your "hustle", then you're a fucking asshole.

alpha

Post by alpha »

saw the email, I plan to pay in the next day or two. Keepers are Manning, Brady and michael floyd

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

Whoever this is loses his team tomorrow. It shouldn't take 4 emails to remind you. But a courtesy, no thanks would have been cool.

Jamaal Fades Em All
amavery49@gmail.com (4 times)

For those who have keepers, SELECT them please. There is a keepers tab and you can select your own. Thanks.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

League is complete. Keepers set. Draft time set for this Sunday @ 10pm EST.

GL.

alpha

Post by alpha »

Paid

Dwight Strawberry

Kevin's Fucking Team

QB - Eli Manning
RB - Marshawn Lynch
RB - Justin Forsett
WR - Jordan Matthews
WR - Amari Cooper
WR - Vincent Jackson
TE - The Gronk
Flex - Phillip Rivers

DEF - Denver
K - Justin Tucker

BN (RB) - LeGarrette Blount
BN (RB) - Rashard Jennings
BN (RB) - Danny Woodhead
BN (WR) - Marques Colston
BN (WR) - Kenny Stills
BN (TE) - Richard Rodgers
BN (QB) - Nick Foles

So, 2nd round my Yahoo! connection dropped on me and it took Forsett. It's ok, I was either going him or Lamar Miller. I probably would have taken Miller if my shit didn't drop, but whatever. 6 in one, 1/2 a dozen in the other. With Lynch and Forsett I have some old RBs, but if they stay healthy, I like the duo.

Leading up to the draft I was heavily considering Matt Ryan as the #1 pick due to our 2QB option, but I couldn't pass up The Gronk.

My QB's are slightly more exciting than a vanilla soft serve ice cream cone, but when you want something cold and sweet, it can do the job.

WR's could be sick. Real excited for my young due of Matthews and Cooper. Add Gronk to the mix and my pass catchers could be real nice. Vincent Jackson should hopefully benefit from Winston in TB.

I like my bench, I feel as if I have solid veteran depth with Blount, Jennings, and Colston. Kenny Stills could muscle his way into my weekly lineup...we shall see.

In the end, it's about health, and getting that 1 or 2 solid waiver pickups. Here's to football being back! :cheers:

Good luck fellas.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

Kinda in between of love/hating my team. Health, the biggest concern always in fantasy football looms over my team like a mutha.

QB - Brees
RB - McCoy
RB - A. Morris
WR - C. Johnson
WR - V. Cruz
WR - Tate
TE - Witten
Flex - Bridgewater
D - Philly
K - Parkley

BN - Ertz
BN - Matt Jones (RB)
BN - Reggie Wayne
BN - Tre Mason
BN - D'Angelo Williams
BN - Arizona Def
BN - Alex Smith

Gregg Popabitch

Post by Gregg Popabitch »

I'm going to be doing the write up for the draft per request. For every round (except for the last few rounds which i'll probably combine), I'll about the best pick, best keeper, befuddling pick, and my pick because i'm doing the write up dammit.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

Hey after you do that, can you pay me? Looking forward to both.

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

I am pretty happy with my squad.
Nets 2022

jazzmatazz23

Post by jazzmatazz23 »

My team sucks. I am open to trading.

Gregg Popabitch

I might do a team by team breakdown in a day or two but don't hold me to it. This shit was a bitch to write up. I sort of gave up at the end. No one get offended because this is just one dude's opinion. if you get offended, you need to get more than just a life.

POPABITCH'S PHILAFLAVA FANTASY FOOTBALL LEAGUE DRAFT RECAP

Round 1

Best Pick/Worst pick- I'm not fucking doing this. There were only 3 picks in this round and all of the picks were worthy and dope imo. How can I hate on Gronk or Jeremy Hill. GTFOH. I guess if you're making me choose, Gronk is the best pick in this round. He's in a tier by himself at TE imo. There is no worst pick. Fuck you if you think so.

Best Keeper- Aaron Rodgers by the Humdingers. in leagues where you can play two QBs, passers reign supreme. So keeping the best QB in the league in the first round makes all sorts of sense.

My pick/keeper- Demarco Murray. I wanted a running back. Murray was the best one available. He plays in an offense that will run a million plays per game and always seem to have a dope running attack. I'm in.

Round 2

Best pick - Matt Ryan by Jazzmatazz23. I was this close to giving it to The Champ for Randall Cobb but getting the best QB (and a top 10 one at that) is a coup especially considering Dwight Strawberry admitted that he was considering Matt Ryan with the first overall pick.

Worst pick- Frank Gore by Humdingers. Yo, he'll probably be pretty good this year but I can't get over the fact that he should be filling out applications for the RB version of AARP cards.

Best Keeper- Julio Jones by The Fighting Romos. I really, really like Julio Jones this year. I feel like he's going to kill everything in sight.

My Pick/Keeper- Mike Evans. I wanted to add a WR after picking Murray in the first round. I think he has a couple things going for him. He's humongous. He's athletic. He has a better QB throwing to him this year. If he gets less than 20 TD catches, i'll be immensely disappointed.

Round 3

Best pick- Philip Rivers by Kevin's team. Lots of good players went in this round but QBS QBS QBS in this league imo.

Worst pick - Andre Johnson by Humdingers. I'm just going to pile it on Nick. The guy is old. He's closer to 40 than he is at running a good time at one. Sure Luck might add a couple of years to his career but it's odd to me that he's never had double digit TDs in a season ever in his career.

My pick/keeper- Andrew Luck. Keeping the 2nd best passer in a two QB league in the third round? THANK YOU VERY MUCH. And you know what? this is the best keeper of the round (if i had to pick one other than Luck, it'd probably be Antonio Brown by Jamaal Fades em All). so fuck all of you if you guys complain about this.

Round 4

Best Pick- Sam Bradford by Jazzmatazz23. This was the round of the QB run. I neither love or hate any of the picks in this round but considering I'm writing this thing, I have to pick something I like the best and like the worst. I really love Bradford this year. He can potentially put up top 8 QB numbers. Of course, he is injury prone as well so he might have the lowest floor of the QBs picked this round.

Worst Pick- Carson Palmer by Parson Calmer. Let me reiterate that I don't hate any of the picks in this round. There's just nothing sexy about Carson Palmer. He probably has the highest floor along with Flacco of the QBs taken in this round.

Best keeper- AJ Green by the Humdingers. After Nicks last two picks, it's about time he made a best anything. AJ's a beast.

My pick/keeper- Deandre Hopkins. The guys is a target machine. Hopefully that equates to a lot of receptions. Apparently, he's been making fans on Hard Knocks which I have no clue about.

Round 5

Best Pick- Davante Adams by The JAwbreakers. Almost picked Todd Gurley by Brady+Manning because I wanted him here but Adams has top 10 upside in Green Bay's offense considering Nelson's injury. I almost picked him instead of Hopkins.

Worst Pick- Cj Spiller by Jamaal Fades Them All. I actually like CJ Spiller especially in leagues where receptions count as points of some sort. but I feel like there were other RBs also available on top of the fact that his team already had two pretty good RBs already. he's probably a smarter guy than i am.

Best Keeper- N/A

My pick/keeper- Carlos Hyde. I almost picked Todd Gurley here but I wanted someone much more stable (that I won't have to worry about during the first few weeks of the season because he's coming off an ACL injury). He's also one of the last few 3 down backs remaining.

Round 6

Best pick- Arian Foster by New YAC City. Eric makes a shrewd pick by taking someone with top 10 RB potential and can probably play that way during the 2nd half of the year. He might be back my week 2. I wanted him if I couldn't get Gurley.

Worst pick- Jonathan Stewart by the Jawbreakers. Yeah, I know that he killed during the last 4 week so the season. But what did he do during the first 13 weeks of last season? And what did he do in the previous 3 seasons before that? J-Stew is a perennial cock tease.

Best Keeper- N/A

My pick/keeper- Nelson Agholor. Dude is going to be a YAC monster in chip kelly's offense. Taking him before Gloss had a chance to is a cherry on top. Drafting and relying on a rookie WR could bite me in the ass though.

Round 7

Best pick- Jeremy Maclin by New YAC City. Maclin teams up with Andy Reid again? He can still be a good #2 fantasy WR imo.

Worst pick- Seattle by Humdingers. I'm almost always going to pick the first defense in the draft. I just never believe in McFadden could have been it too. He seems to have inherited his soft tissue from Grant Hill.

Best keeper- n/a

My pick/keeper- Martellus Bennett. I feel like he was the last elite TE on the board. I really wanted to get my hands on Kelce and Olsen but they were taken in the rounds that I wanted them. I actually think Kelce has the potential to be a top 2 TE in fantasy this year. But Bennett is the last of the top shelf ones. Had to pick him here.

Round 8

Best pick- Victor Cruz by Brees Lee Brewin. I'm biased. I can't help it. I think Cruz will be fine and he'll primarily be playing out of the slot and at the very least will get a lot of catches. I think Eli has a big year. Sue me.

Worst pick- Virgil Green by Humdingers. This guy isn't even guaranteed to be the #1 TE on the Broncos yet. Hell, he's just the blocking TE right now. Nick, you're making Matt Millen look like Bill Walsh right now.

Keeper- I'm the only person that kept anyone in this round.

My pick/keeper- Cam Newton. Top 12 QB in the 8th round? And one that can get at least 5 TDs on the ground? Yeah, i'll sign up.

Round 9

Best Pick- Giovanni Bernard by Brady+Manning. I still have faith in this dude. He still has talent and the fact that some of the workload will go to Jeremy Hill is actually going to be good for him, I think. He'll get a lot of catches and some carries. I'm liking this pick. I also like Kaepernick in this round. I think the hate has gone too far. The 9ers defense is going to suck this year but that just means more chances for Kaep to put up numbers.

Worst pick- Rashad Jennings by Kevin's Team. I don't know what to make of the Giants' running game this year. I think Jennings is going to share carries with Andre Williams but Williams is going to get all the goal line carries. Vereen is going to play on all the obvious passing downs and get some PPR points. I feel like Jennings is in fantasy no man's land.

Keeper- Emmanual Sanders by Jazzmatazz23. Props to getting a top 15 WR in the 9th round. We were all idiots for not drafting him earlier last year.

My pick/keeper- Ryan Matthews. At this point, I feel like I'm drafting Eagles players just to frustrate Gloss. But no, there's a rhyme and reason behind what I'm doing. First, I wanted to make sure I handcuffed Murray. Also, even if Murray is healthy, I feel like there are enough carries in this offense for Matthews to make a difference. However, I may be so invested in the Eagles offense that this may blow up in my face. However, I also feel like the Eagles are a legitimate Super Bowl contender this year.

Round 10

Best pick- Tyler Eifert by The Champ. Almost picked Delanie Walker but I really like Eifert. He was my sleeper TE last year but he got a horrible elbow injury at the beginning of last year. I'm thinking that he turns heads this year.

Worst pick- Alfred Blue by Humdingers and Gostkowski by Jawbreakers. It never makes any mathematical sense to draft a kicker before the second to last round. I might even give look the other way in the third to last round. But this is too soon. I'm just enjoying making fun of Nick at this point. He's having the best draft. Arian Foster might be back in game 2 and this pick will be rendered irrelevant.

Keeper- Marshawn Lynch by Kevin. DUH.

My pick/keeper- Duke Johnson Jr. At this point I wanted to load up on late round flyers at RB and hope that one or two of them stick. The Browns have a good o-line and i'm banking on the hype that Duke's looked good in camp.

Round 11

Best pick- Andy Dalton by Parson Calmer. A solid qb2 this late? Pretty good if you ask me. I also liked the parker, Alex smith, and Hillman picks too.

Worst pick- Dan Bailey by the fighting romos and Adam Vinatieri by The Champ. FUCKING KICKERS?!?!?! Do people understand math?!?! The difference between the best kicker and the 10th best kicker isn't enough of a deviation to warrant picking them more than 2 rounds apart. This has always been the case. It hasn't changed. I'm glad I'm in drafts with you guys.

Keeper- Russell Wilson by the Humdingers. Even a broken clock is right two times a day.

My pick/keeper- David Johnson. See Duke Johnson jr. I expect him to share some time with Andre Ellington. Or you can assume that I wanted to waste a second straight pick on someone with the same initials.

Round 12

Best pick- Eddie Royal by Jamaal Fades em All. Eddie Royal has always been an underrated WR and reports out of Chicago are that he's been looking pretty good this year.

Worst pick- i don't really hate anyone in this round. i guess the closest thing you can get me to say is that i think all the RBs selected in this round are meh.

keeper- N/a

my pick/keeper- Stevie Johnson. I heard that there's a great rapport between him and Rivers during training camp so I'm willing to take a flyer on this late in the draft.

Round 13

Best pick- Brian Quick by the Jawbreakers. I'm a huge Brian Quick fan. He was a top 15-20 WR last year before his shoulder injury. He's a sleeper again for me this year. I really like Sproles here too.

Worst pick- Steven Hauskalkadsjfladsj by Parson Calmer. Y'all gonna keep picking kickers till the day that you die. Survival of the fittest, people that draft kickers will not survive.

keeper- n/a

my pick/keeper- Jordan Reed. I don't need a backup TE so this may be stupid but I think there's some TE1 upside here if he stays healthy.

Rounds 14-15 I'm combining shit now. Mainly because defenses and kickers are being picked now. I'm also getting rid of worst pick here because a lot of these dudes are flyers that may get cut.

Best pick- Ladarius Green by Brady+Manning. I really feel like he can run away with the TE job even after Antonio Gates comes back.

keeper- n/a

My picks/keepers- Tyrod Taylor and KC Defense. In a 2 QB league, I think Tyrod Taylor is a nice sleeper. I felt like KC's defense was the best defense available. I feel like the ghost of Derrick Johnson is looking down on me and giving me blessings on blessings on blessings.

Rounds 16-17

Best pick- Eric Ebron by Humdingers. Throwing Nick a bone here. Honestly though, Ebron is a pretty dope athlete at TE and is a nice flyer to take a chance on.

keeper- Odell Beckham Jr by The Champ. jesus christ, I can't believe someone picked Odell Beckham off of the scrap heap last year. That was a championship move.

My picks/keepers- Matt Bryant and Martavius Bryant. I'm not talking about a fucking kicker. And fuck you Byrant for getting suspended for 4 games a day after the keeper deadline.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

Saw I was mentioned twice, not for my picks, then was given some bias daps on Cruz. Stopped reading after that.

Gregg Popabitch

gloss is exactly the reason why i don't like to write these things. he keeps asking when its going to go up and then because he doesn't get mentioned enough, he doesn't deem it worth reading.

fair enough.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

dont get offended, i read it...barely.

Dwight Strawberry

Pop, thanks for taking the time to do this. I always enjoy 3rd person analysis.

I also hated my Rashard Jennings pick.

Would love a writeup on my squad.

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

Gloss is turning into Alpha..just a cranky old man (i'm mad AF over Jason taking Bridgewater before me, forcing me to draft carson palmer then subsequently getting savaged by pops)

fuck all of you

nice write up, eq

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

teddy is yours if you want.

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »