The 2015 NFL Thread

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

Ramen

Re: The 2015 NFL Thread

Post by Ramen »

alpha wrote:
GUCCI CONDOMS wrote:
alpha wrote:Or a major college program. Dude can win. Can't gm for shit tho
Didn't all the big college openings for a head coaching job already get filled up?

I really think he might go to the Titans...
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14462 ... -kelly-nfl" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Pretty spot on from what I've been following on both levels.
I would say the Titans could do better but they don't really know what they're doing.

alpha

Post by alpha »

I'm a known chip Stan, but dude is a good coach just don't let him make roster decisions. I'd take him over most of the hot coordinator candidates.

DLG

Post by DLG »

if he is stubborn and wants all of the power over personnel like he did in phila, he'll probably end up back in college. no NFL team will give him that after this year's shit fest.

well, maybe the browns would

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

The world would explode if chip kelly went to dallas...

Dusty Fingers

Post by Dusty Fingers »

Jets will win the super bowl this year.
And if you're yelling out YOLO, I'm calling you a homo...

ric

Post by ric »

eagles being retarded. chip to Tennessee is the gawd scenario. watch the fuck out.

I'd defend almost every move dude made. I thought he gave maxwell too much money. that was seriously his worst move. not getting mariota is huge but he didn't sacrifice the entirety of his team for a position that is chock full of talent in the coming drafts. guy had what? a 5 yr deal? if I were him id operate with the presumption the franchise would honor that agreement especially this owner dude. ridiculous that dudes like harbaugh and chip have really one bad year and all the sudden they're fired. that's bad organization building right there. the personnel decisions made a lot of sense. Ryan Matthews is dirt fucking cheap. sproles can get you into the endzone from wr rb and pr/kr positions. the oline is a problem. the secondary has issues (especially if you're that committed to maxwell) but we are living in an era where secondary basically doesn't exist anyway except on a couple noteworthy teams and even then a lot of teams are just fucked defensively. the front 7 is dope and has tons of potential. the safeties are under rated

if I were chip Kelly I wouldn't have a coaching gig without personnel control because the personnel guys in the nfl have no idea how to marry what they do on the field with what to look for in a prospect. now chip Kelly himself may need get better at that but welcome to fucking life. belichick probably thinks he needs to get better at that too. I'm not saying dude is belichick level but you get what I'm saying. if I were dude I would rather make the decision because I'd be mentally equipped to make those kinds of decisions where the avg nfl personnel dept head wouldn't

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

GUCCI CONDOMS wrote:Paging Gloss...

Imma need you to speak on this, breh.
I'm ok with it. Not surprised at all being that all of Philly was begging for this to happen. From what I read, Lurie just wanted to take away his GM abilities and he said fuck that, so he canned him. Truth is, he gutted this team. A lot of what he did (not resigning/trading was fine), but he did more harm than good. The players just didn't play for him and his personality didn't mesh well. He comes off like a big fat phony.

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

ric wrote:
Philaflava wrote:
ric wrote:re eagles
this is a transition year for the offense. they'll draft a qb who can run. the irony is I think the eagles or one of the few teams in the league who can and will have a successful offense with the new spread guys like deshaun watson
One of their biggest issues besides that o-line was the fact they lead the NFL in drops this year. Mathews is a sick #2, we have no #1's. The others are just whatever. Ertz might be our best receiver TBH.
yeah drops were huge for them this year but a lot of the offensive inefficacy is like for example matthews is easily the most targeted wr on the team but a lot of those targets are because bradford hucks it up to him in pressure situations and chip is probably telling him 'when you need to throw it away throw it to somebody/matthews dont just throw it out of bounds'. o line did have issues and im not entirely sold on the way they practice for reps rather than perfection and slower learning. obviously the conditioning is key but what good is all that conditioning if your guys cant execute (ie catch the ball)
A big thing chip has been missing in the NFL in his offensive scheme is a fast twitch slot receiver to run mid-crossing routes

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

He had the perfect receiver to fill that role: Desean Jackson
Hey, by the way who's Curt?

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

Maclin + Mathews would have been great. Jackson was playing his way out of Philly a few years before Chip even came along. I miss that explosion and when healthy, he is a great option, but I get why that move was made. He really was a cancer in that locker room. The dream would be for Gruden to coach, but I have a feeling its going to be somebody with ties to Philly. McDermott could be the guy.

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

Philaflava wrote:Maclin + Mathews would have been great. Jackson was playing his way out of Philly a few years before Chip even came along. I miss that explosion and when healthy, he is a great option, but I get why that move was made. He really was a cancer in that locker room. The dream would be for Gruden to coach, but I have a feeling its going to be somebody with ties to Philly. McDermott could be the guy.
Every team wants Gruden, but he's got one of the cushiest jobs in sports broadcasting. It's going to take a lot for him to leave that.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

True but everyone like him eventually gets that itch. Plus, he coached in Philly for a few years (95-97). Sean Payon has Philly ties but if Brees is coming back I don't see Payton being traded.

Ramen

Post by Ramen »

The cost of trading for a coach probably isnt worth it. I think McDermott would be good in Philly but does Roseman slide back to GM duties?

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

He slides back to something in some capacity but I doubt he will ever be what he once was.

Ramen

Post by Ramen »

alpha wrote:I'm a known chip Stan, but dude is a good coach just don't let him make roster decisions. I'd take him over most of the hot coordinator candidates.
Seemed like dude had no grasp of what a head coach in the NFL is supposed to be. Showed even less awareness as a GM.

Dusty Fingers

Post by Dusty Fingers »

Only a team from Philly can get this embarrassing...

ric

Post by ric »

somebody take the time to tell me why it inherently would not have worked with chip because 'this is the nfl'. I mean really what moves aside from maxwell did dude make that anybody can really say 'wow idiot'

I get that not everybody/player bought in to his shit. I get that. I estimate that he was drafting from tempo teams and pulling from Oregon because he needed people to buy in. but it took Pete Carroll like what? 4 years and drafting a system type rookie to see any of that come together? edit: and let's remember: Carroll signed and started guys who bought in and shipped out 1st rd pro bowl level talent when they didn't buy in and that defense went from being very good to one of the best in the league inside of two years. what people outside seattle don't know is that seattle fans were pissed at Carroll until the year they went to the playoffs with Tarvaris Jackson and people were like 'uh ok I guess there's something there' but they didn't know what it was and the next year they signed Matt Flynn (and all the sudden the entire fan base was Google eyed for Matt fucking Flynn) and actually for the first few games of Russells career people were pissed. story being fuck fans and fuck owners who think like fans. one fucking losing season when the whole division is rebuilding. what a fucking fuck fest.

if chip Kelly went to Seattle they'd probably lose the tempo and they'd have to lose some of the oline shit he does but otherwise it's actually a pretty decent fit on offense as long as he commits to running the ball
Last edited by ric on Thu Dec 31, 2015 5:07 am, edited 2 times in total.

alpha

Post by alpha »

Peter King wrote a piece on it today and he thinks all you chip bashers are idiots.

Ramen

Post by Ramen »

alpha wrote:Peter King wrote a piece on it today and he thinks all you chip bashers are idiots.
Well that's like his opinion man.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

Peter King is the Escobar305 of sports writers.

alpha

Post by alpha »

That's a stretch, mmqb was must read up until this year for me.

an-also

Post by an-also »

Word on the street is that he treated his players like shit. Apparently it was like a dictatorship. That might work in college but you're dealing with grown men in the NFL. You gotta adapt.

Dusty Fingers

Post by Dusty Fingers »

when are the eagles going to adapt to winning a super bowl? ever? peter Frampton - show me the way... the eagles should be sucking chip Kelly's dick... they are losers and chip Kelly is a championship proven winner... the eagles have moths coming out of their trophy case... chip Kelly has pimp rings... fuck the eagles

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

NYE drunken post ^

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

Lol at dusty's invasion of the sports bar

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

Suh tried to destroy Brady's knee right there

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

Dusty Fingers wrote:Jets will win the super bowl this year.
:bellhop:

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

Ramen

Post by Ramen »

Freeman tho.

DLG

Post by DLG »