The 2015 NFL Thread

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

eternalreflection
I'll Just STFU Now!

Re: The 2015 NFL Thread

Post by eternalreflection »

an-also wrote:wow. what a dirty hit at the end.
Yeah fuck that guy too, it was hard to top the Shazier hit but that was even worse both should get long suspensions

Shame that have to let a team advance, also shame that it was a game featuring the best catch ever and that will be forgotten

Dusty Fingers

Post by Dusty Fingers »

had Bungholes +10/Under 53 teaser but that was the worst collapse I've seen in a long time

that is so bush league :rofl: ... makes me happy to be a jets fan
And if you're yelling out YOLO, I'm calling you a homo...

unclebengi

Post by unclebengi »

I love all the backlash at the brutality in a sport that we are addicted to largely because of how physically brutal it is. If you're outraged to the point you can't enjoy the game, you really shouldn't be a football fan. I would always try to persuade anyone I love not to play football but I'm able to compartmentalize and still enjoy the sport for what it is. The intensity throughout that game was compelling as fuck to me. People were going to get hurt. You are never going to totally wipe these type of hits out of the game, you just try to minimize them. Anyone who plays football in 2016 is well aware of the risks, it's a different ball game in terms of available information even going back 7 or 8 years.

You can focus on helmet to helmet hits all you want, but the sport is not getting less physically brutal. There were more serious injuries than I can ever remember this year and rampant use of performance enhancing drugs will never go away. If you want to watch the sports of the future Basketball and Soccer are there for you. Football is here now and it won't be here forever, I just choose to enjoy it for what it is and reconcile that with myself.

All that said, former NFL players who were kept in the dark about the risks of head injuries intentionally by the NFL should be able to sue the NFL for everything they are worth. When you really look at the NFL it's as good a representation of modern American culture and history as anything else out there, and that's what makes it so compelling to me, it runs the gamut.

Dusty Fingers

Post by Dusty Fingers »

Honestly for me it is really the fumble in Pittsburgh territory that I find the most offensive.

The Bengals are a shit show. They may just have moved into first place as the NFL's premier laughingstock franchise.

unclebengi

Post by unclebengi »

Yeah, I wasn't referring to your post Dusty, Hill fumble was unforgivable. I like Jeremy Hill a lot as a player, but he has some growing up to do, gotta know the situation at that critical moment. The Bengals are pretty bad as a laughingstock, but they got nothing on their Ohio neighbors the Browns.

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

The Steelers game was awesome. It really shows you how undisciplined players have become. It absolutely comes down to the coach and priorities.
Hey, by the way who's Curt?

DLG

Post by DLG »

damn. sorry kel :(

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

:ohsh:

ummm...yeah.

it was a nice run

ric

Post by ric »

luck box hawks right there. both teams played their ass off. that pass interference on chancellor was one of the worst calls I've ever seen. whatever. was a good game.

Bridgewater doing things though. vikes d is a fucking killer unit. and young. these guys are the new power in the north.

ps if I was tron I'd retire. Lions suck. read something saying that Detroit is a terrible place to play football. too bad.

Jayou Ayen

Post by Jayou Ayen »

Gotta feel for Kellog, but these adverse weather games suck.

Take it up with Gloss, you White Piece of Shit.

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

Post by EMCEE DARTH MALEK »

msg from hustler
Just say something like: dear capable kel, I feel your pain. But take solice in the fact that the winged rats are who we thought they were. Unfortunately, we let em off the hook. Its not all bad though. The further they fluke into these playoffs, the more heartbroken their bitchmade bandwagon fans will be. Here's to hoping they make it to a third straight Superbowl, and become the first team in NFL history to choke on the one YRD line in back to back Superbowls. Love, hustler.

PS. Fuck you Russell u bible thumping fuckboi. God is a packers fan wink emoticon
1. Nas
2. Drake

that's pretty much it fam.

Ramen

Post by Ramen »

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

EMCEE DARTH MALEK wrote:msg from hustler
Just say something like: dear capable kel, I feel your pain. But take solice in the fact that the winged rats are who we thought they were. Unfortunately, we let em off the hook. Its not all bad though. The further they fluke into these playoffs, the more heartbroken their bitchmade bandwagon fans will be. Here's to hoping they make it to a third straight Superbowl, and become the first team in NFL history to choke on the one YRD line in back to back Superbowls. Love, hustler.

PS. Fuck you Russell u bible thumping fuckboi. God is a packers fan wink emoticon
hustler is obviously my only friend on the P

tell him the P never forgets.

#winteriscoming

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

That's the Redskins everyone knows and loves. Took awhile...

eternalreflection
I'll Just STFU Now!

Post by eternalreflection »

ric wrote:luck box hawks right there. both teams played their ass off. that pass interference on chancellor was one of the worst calls I've ever seen. whatever. was a good game.

Bridgewater doing things though. vikes d is a fucking killer unit. and young. these guys are the new power in the north.

ps if I was tron I'd retire. Lions suck. read something saying that Detroit is a terrible place to play football. too bad.
yeah MN is in a good place, decent amount of money available, need help bad at WR and Oline

Dusty Fingers

Post by Dusty Fingers »

Dusty Fingers wrote:Seattle isn't an easy team to run against... Personally I like Minny and I have little faith in Seattle... I see some teaser material with the Chiefs past the zero... possibly

:spidey:

3-1 wildcard weekend :cheers:

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

capable_keL wrote::ohsh:

ummm...yeah.

it was a nice run
#CUTBLAIRWALSHPROJECT

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

capable_keL wrote:
EMCEE DARTH MALEK wrote:msg from hustler

hustler is obviously my only friend on the P

tell him the P never forgets.

#winteriscoming
#FREEHUSTLER

DLG

Post by DLG »

Hue Jackson to Giants, McAdoo to Eagles. calling it.

Tweak Da Leak

Post by Tweak Da Leak »

Anybody see the news about Chandler Jones OD'ing on pills?
UBM CD COMING SOON

alpha

Post by alpha »

Hue to the Browns. Manziel gonna be gone.

ric

Post by ric »

alpha wrote:Hue to the Browns. Manziel gonna be gone.
if manziel can get his act together I think Jackson keeps him around based on what he was doing with Dalton at cincy.

read something saying that Jackson went straight to the Browns because Paul depodesta is there (a key player in the moneyball book/concept).

looked around. depodesta is trying to do what I was trying to do in my extension of the yac analysis. the idea is there are all sorts of hidden features of the game that aren't being looked at that should be. ive extended that further nowadays but from what I've read one of his big things is body control. it seems that that's his focus. I think it's decent but I think he's missing the real important stuff if that's what he's doing to analyze player performance.

edit from reading the article below it sounds like depodesta isn't even the boss of this stuff which is disappointing but his title as 'chief strategist' makes it sound like he's in control of something. maybe he's just not the key data analyst he's going to be assigning uses for the data

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14527 ... browns-nfl" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

DLG

Post by DLG »

I whiffed pretty bad, ha.

Good move by the Giants though, keep Eli comfortable.

pretty sure Hue already said he would prefer to move on from johnny.

Dusty Fingers

Post by Dusty Fingers »

whiffed? do you play baseball or poker?

DLG

Post by DLG »

was talking about my prediction up top, jackson to NY, mcadoo to phili.

proverbial whiff, as in swing and a miss.

you ok bro?

DLG

Post by DLG »

coughlin really gonna do us dirty like that?

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

crazy how coughlin was forced to step down and driven to one of their biggest rivals.

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

kap in chips offensive scheme tho

alpha

Post by alpha »

Everyone hates it out here. Give the niner fans 3 years of non suckness and they get all critical like the franchise isn't a shit show.

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

alpha wrote:Everyone hates it out here. Give the niner fans 3 years of non suckness and they get all critical like the franchise isn't a shit show.
Chip Kelly is the second coming of Bill Walsh, bro. Now that he's on the 9ers, he's going to revolutionize football as we know it...