MLB Offseason Thread

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Re: MLB Offseason Thread

Post by Philaflava »

Safe to say we've seen the last of Delmon Young in MLB. He has officially moved on from Jews to Latinos.

Major League Baseball player Delmon Young was arrested late Sunday night in Miami, accused of choking and threatening to kill a valet attendant, and using ethnic slurs.

Young allegedly grabbed a valet attendant by the neck at the Viceroy hotel in Miami after he wouldn't open a door with access to a club.

"Stupid Cuban, open the f--king door," Young allegedly told the victim. After repeatedly telling Young he couldn't open the door because the club was closed, Young said "I'm gonna f--king kill you, you Latin piece of sh-t" and then reached over the valet podium and grabbed the victim around his neck with both hands, strangling him, the police report states.

The victim said he was able to break away from Young's hands. Young then fled but was later met by police at his residence, which is also at the Viceroy. Police say Young answered the door naked from his waist down. According to police, Young said he didn't know anything about the incident, but was identified by the victim.

Young told the cop on scene after he was placed under arrest, "I'll slap you in the face with money you f--king Cuban," the report says.

Police charged Young on one count of battery. He bonded out early Monday afternoon.

In 2012, Young was arrested in New York City and pled guilty for hate-crime harassment after using an anti-Semitic slur.

Young, 30, played for the Baltimore Orioles the past two seasons and is currently a free agent.

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

Poor guy has some deep psychological problems, but boy could he hit a fastball
Hey, by the way who's Curt?

Tommy Bunz

Post by Tommy Bunz »

Been really enjoying all the Cliff Lee pieces being written since the announcement of his retirement, especially these two:

http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/cliff-le ... ve-wanted/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.sbnation.com/mlb/2016/2/23/1 ... 1455900792" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

"Bautista is a fucking disgrace to the game," Gossage told ESPN. "He's embarrassing to all the Latin players, whoever played before him. Throwing his bat and acting like a fool, like all those guys in Toronto. [Yoenis] Cespedes, same thing."

"The game is becoming a freaking joke because of the nerds who are running it.

"I'll tell you what has happened, these guys played rotisserie baseball at Harvard or wherever the fuck they went and they thought they figured the fucking game out. They don't know shit.

"A bunch of fucking nerds running the game. You can't slide into second base. You can't take out the fucking catcher because [Buster] Posey was in the wrong position and they are going to change all the rules. You can't pitch inside anymore. I'd like to knock some of these fuckers on their ass and see how they would do against pitchers in the old days.

"Ryan Braun is a fucking steroid user. He gets a standing ovation on Opening Day in Milwaukee. How do you explain that to your kid after throwing people under the bus and lying through his fucking teeth? They don't have anyone passing the fucking torch to these people.

"If I had acted like that, you don't go in that fucking dugout. There are going to be 20 fucking guys waiting for you."
:copy: :bow:

alpha

Post by alpha »

:joeybats:

DLG

Post by DLG »

Philaflava wrote:Safe to say we've seen the last of Delmon Young in MLB. He has officially moved on from Jews to Latinos.
Major League Baseball player Delmon Young was arrested late Sunday night in Miami, accused of choking and threatening to kill a valet attendant, and using ethnic slurs.

Young allegedly grabbed a valet attendant by the neck at the Viceroy hotel in Miami after he wouldn't open a door with access to a club.

"Stupid Cuban, open the f--king door," Young allegedly told the victim. After repeatedly telling Young he couldn't open the door because the club was closed, Young said "I'm gonna f--king kill you, you Latin piece of sh-t" and then reached over the valet podium and grabbed the victim around his neck with both hands, strangling him, the police report states.

The victim said he was able to break away from Young's hands. Young then fled but was later met by police at his residence, which is also at the Viceroy. Police say Young answered the door naked from his waist down. According to police, Young said he didn't know anything about the incident, but was identified by the victim.

Young told the cop on scene after he was placed under arrest, "I'll slap you in the face with money you f--king Cuban," the report says.

Police charged Young on one count of battery. He bonded out early Monday afternoon.

In 2012, Young was arrested in New York City and pled guilty for hate-crime harassment after using an anti-Semitic slur.

Young, 30, played for the Baltimore Orioles the past two seasons and is currently a free agent.
If you're going to use ethnic slurs, you need to go harder than "Cuban" and "Latin"

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

I really like Aaron Hicks. Its hard to see him on the Yankees

I predict he'll put up nice numbers this year .273 23 93 9

zappy

Post by zappy »

so excited for baseball.

going to an exhibition game next saturday, and then a regular season game a week later.

might need to see about going to the home opener but thursday at 4PM is hard.