Anyone else fuckin' with DraftKings?

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

Employee
Fast Eddie

Anyone else fuckin' with DraftKings?

Post by Employee »

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Re: Anyone else fuckin' with DraftKings?

Post by Philaflava »

I know waaaaaaaaaaay too many people doing this shit. I'm not. Don't need a $6 win.

alpha

Post by alpha »

Mods?

djjeffresh

Post by djjeffresh »

draft kings? never heard of it. do they have a website i can check out?

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

djjeffresh wrote:draft kings? never heard of it. do they have a website i can check out?
:lol:

to comment on draftkings: I'm in enough private leagues to satisfy my urge :pause:

playing draftkings is idiotic because there is less than 10% chance you'll win. I'd rather play in a league with friends so I know there is a fair chance

unless gloss or hasib is the commissioner

draftkings is for meathead losers who are an easy mark.
Hey, by the way who's Curt?

unclebengi

Post by unclebengi »

I play NFL and NBA on Fanduel. I started last year and made a little profit, doing even better this year. I'm up to $2550 off of my $75 deposit at the start of this season. It's extremely time consuming, but I'm just coming out of a divorce and have nothing but time. More than anything it's fun as shit and I never have more than $50 or so invested any given night. I have a pretty good system though for NFL and NBA, so hit me up if you want to share strategy.

alpha

Post by alpha »

This is basically like playing with professional pokers players or going to play pickup with NBA players. You're average joe has no shot at sustaining a winning rate.

unclebengi

Post by unclebengi »

Says the guy who's probably lost whenever he's tried to play

alpha

Post by alpha »

You know there's pros out there entering 20-50x in these same large contests? I'm not saying it's impossible, you're just going against people who have more resources and time. The idea they give people is completely rediculous.

unclebengi

Post by unclebengi »

alpha wrote:You know there's pros out there entering 20-50x in these same large contests?
Oh really??? I had no idea. I get what DFS looks like to most from the outside looking in, especially with the ads and what not.

But just because there's a lot of whales doesn't mean that they have to be your competition. There's a whole culture that's emerged around it online though and once you immerse yourself a little bit it becomes easier to navigate. The way I play and the types of contests I enter is night and day from when I first started last year (for the most part).

I generally don't fuck with multi entry tournaments anymore because that's where the 500 lineup whales lurk. If I'm able to keep building my bankroll the way I have been, at some point the ROI from multi entry tournaments will be worth that investment for me, but it's not right now.

In every slate I enter, 75-80% of my money is in $1 head to heads. No 50/50's, no double ups, no 5/10 man leagues, just head to heads. I try to pick people with less than 10 entries so I can increase my chances of playing fish instead of whales.

The other 20-25% goes to single entry tournaments, usually just of the $1, $2, and $5 variety. I win the heads up matchups at a high clip and just think of the tourney entries as high upside bullets funded by my head to head winnings. Basically the head to heads keep me diversified and prevent me from having total bust nights and the few tourneys I enter still give me the upside I'm looking for while not having to battle dudes with 500 lineups.

Every sport is different though. You have a whole week to prepare your NFL lineups where as in the NBA you literally have to be in front of your computer for the hour before the games start to get up to date starter/inactive info. If you set your lineup ahead of time you completely miss all the value that emerges right before tip. I'm reading articles, listening to podcasts daily and devoting helly time to this shit, so I'm not trying to say anyone can do it, but if you make the sacrifice you can be very successful on a small scale and (I'm hoping in my case) eventually transition to a more full time gig.

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

i stay away because I know I'll get hooked on it

alpha

Post by alpha »

I'm not gonna quote your post, but benji that whole explanation proves my point. Just you putting in that much preparation is why you win. That's a pro mentality. The idea they give people is that you can win too!!! Might as well buy a lotto ticket lol

unclebengi

Post by unclebengi »

I get it, I don't feel like a pro though. The "Pro" comes in when you can live off of it and and you can devote large funds consistently. I don't compete against those cats. I may one day, but I'm now competing with people who have 10 or 20 bucks to spend a week and a lot of them are fucking idiots. I hold down a full time job and do this on the side. I've always spent a ton of time on fantasy shit, but it's been pretty much been limited to football season. Now it's extended to basketball too. If I was a pro, I'd be spending 8 hours plus a day researching shit, as is it's probably a couple hours and whatever I can get in during work.

They mass market because it's getting them business, but it's the thousands of fantasy freaks like myself that have built their empire, not the casual players. More and more people are devoting the time though, if it ain't for you it ain't for you, but I love the shit out of it.

Beastly Swagger

Post by Beastly Swagger »

You have better chances to hit with MMA & Boxing props as there is a limited # of possibilities/outcomes & shallow draft pool.

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »