NFL Offseason Thread

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

DLG

Re: NFL Offseason Thread

Post by DLG »

so they are going full 76ers?

DLG

Post by DLG »

I'm gonna predict Kaep goes to Browns, Fitz to Denver and RG3 to Jets

alpha

Post by alpha »

Raiders gonna challenge for the division for sure.

ric

Post by ric »

DLG wrote:so they are going full 76ers?

I'm gonna predict Kaep goes to Browns, Fitz to Denver and RG3 to Jets
I don't think the browns are intentionally tanking but I think they will take some time to try and build the team from 'the ground up' but I don't necessarily think they are on the ground floor.
they still have talent on d. a properly run zone run game requires no quality oline no specially gifted rbs wrs who will run block and a qb who is hip to the run game a little bit and can make some throws either under pressure (read total chaos) or out of the pocket entirely (on the run). but really a properly run zone run offense is about coaching and time and proper maintenance. but all 3 factors have to be there at their fullest levels. and that is what's hard. because the balancing act of not only doing all that internally but putting out a product on the field that can compete when the other team knows what the fuck you are doing... well that is the biggest bramble of all. that is probably why chip Kelly wants to keep his power counter sweep game. because theoretically they provide answers in an xo sense and make the job of the coach and players easier in that sense. that is why guys like Kubiak are successful doing this while guys like doug marrone have more to adapt to. because Kubiak is so immersed in this shit and has won and lost so much with this shit that it's like he and his staff breathe the zone run air and they build their teams around just this one thing and it's like how the fuck is another coach supposed to get to that level?

but back to the browns. nowadays, according to the last 2-4 years, a quality d equates to having a sick front 6/7 and 1 or 2 safeties who can play their roles well enough. if you happen to have a quality cb like Joe Hayden you get a huge boost in overall def efficacy so the browns are probably feeling good about their chances in that sense. if you have 2 or 3 quality cbs you can specialize in other areas like what the pats did a couple years ago with revis browner mccourty etc. but that's a special situation. guys like ninkovich are like one man armies and of course the hood is on some next level shit. but another thing about def nowadays is.... look at the way playoff team def was structured this past year. notwithstanding up and comers from last year's coaching changes who will be fucking sick but last year playoff ds and the better ds in the league were not blitz fests who are built to take risk and then play super cautious deep and have a wide open midfield and short field. az certainly doesn't fit that description and they were the most risky d in the playoffs that I can remember. but that's probably not what the browns are doing anyway considering what hugh jackson has historically done and where he comes from.

back to off... if they can make good use of the option game their off efficacy goes way way up both running and passing. that's why they're keeping manziel. that's why I agree that they will want kaepernick. it's possible that chip Kelly is on a rampage to prove himself in some ridiculous 'I don't need a qb run game' schtick. which is so obviously the most retarded thing he can do. I mean Vick couldn't even run the shit properly and they were getting yards but cest la vie... but really like if the nfl guys actually embraced more of the college game they would see that a lot of answers to their problems are there. have an oline that can't pass pro? move the pocket away from the qb (not the other way around) and defenses will either follow or be left with structural problems. def doesn't send somebody to take advantage of a moving pocket? run room. def sends somebody? they're short somewhere and manilupable. and that's just the vogue shit in the top 25 schools and that's just the easiest shit to eyeball. rich rod is doing 100 different bizarre things with oline. Clemson does like two things with their oline and all they needed was a qb groomed to the system. as much as I loved tajh Boyd he was not comfortable actually throwing the ball. not that he couldn't throw it but he didn't want to and he didn't have to most of the time.
I would love rg3 to be put on a nyj or buf type team. he could even be at den but Kubiak prolly doesn't want qb run so whatever.

ric

Post by ric »

cle officially released manziel

ric

Post by ric »

nfl publicly acknowledges link from football to cte

Jayou Ayen

Post by Jayou Ayen »

Shit is fucked up, yo.

Take it up with Gloss, you White Piece of Shit.

alpha

Post by alpha »

Yup hella fucked up.

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

It's a tragedy, but I don't think it was "road rage"
Former NOPD Captain Billy Ceravolo (R) who had dined with Will Smith before Smith was gunned down on Camp Street watches as alleged shooter Cardell Hayes is taken into custody. Ceravolo was once named in a lawsuit brought by the family of Cardell Hayes for the 2005 shooting death of Hayes' father. New Orleans Police investigate the scene where former Saints defensive end Will Smith was shot to death and Smith's wife Racquel was wounded in a Mercedes SUV on Camp Street in the lower Garden District on Saturday night, April 9, 2016. (Photo by Michael DeMocker, NOLA.com | The Times-Picayune)

:naswtf: :naswtf:
Hey, by the way who's Curt?

alpha

Post by alpha »

Gibson is an idiot , but weed? NFL is full retard

ric

Post by ric »

rams trade a ton of shit to go #1. smells like qb?

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

The first five picks will be:
1. Wentz -Rams
2.Goff -Browns
3.Tunsil -SD
4.Ramsey -Dallas
5.Jack -Jacksonville

alpha

Post by alpha »

The problem I see is that I don't see a franchise QB in this draft. Maybe Wentz, Maybe Goff, but no one sticks out. Rams are dumb AF. Goff seems like a safe bet, but he played in the same system as Andre Ware. Wentz is a project who might be under a new regime by the time he's good. M2C

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

The Rams are in LA now. So they have to get the home town QB and make a splash to keep the city's attention span. Imo

djjeffresh

Post by djjeffresh »

^^^

yes, getting that #1 pick was more of a business decision than a football-smart decision and the team likely knows that. drumming up draft interest/ticket sales their first year in LA. the LA Rams are currently undefeated in 2016 and they will be banking off hopes and dreams until the season starts.

Ramen

Post by Ramen »

Aren't they filming hard knocks too?

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

Rex Ryan introduces Donald Trump at a rally?

What the fuck man????

DLG

Post by DLG »

djjeffresh wrote:^^^

yes, getting that #1 pick was more of a business decision than a football-smart decision and the team likely knows that. drumming up draft interest/ticket sales their first year in LA. the LA Rams are currently undefeated in 2016 and they will be banking off hopes and dreams until the season starts.
seems like a sound football decision to me. You have a very much above average defense, a great running back and case keenum? both of these guys can start week 1 and be an upgrade.

I don't think Jacksonville takes Jack after what happened to Fowler.

Jayou Ayen

Post by Jayou Ayen »

EDP channeling his inner Gloss.

Take it up with Gloss, you White Piece of Shit.

DLG

Post by DLG »

no way they draft a qb right? with all that money tied up already in the position.

they want tunsil that bad? elliot?

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

DLG wrote:no way they draft a qb right? with all that money tied up already in the position.

they want tunsil that bad? elliot?
Eagles executive VP of football operations Howie Roseman confirmed Philadelphia will select a quarterback with the No. 2 overall pick in the 2016 draft.
It'll be either North Dakota State QB Carson Wentz or Cal QB Jared Goff. "Only way you can make this trade is if you're totally comfortable with both guys," Roseman said after executing the trade with the Browns. It's possible the Eagles have spoken with the Rams and have intel on which quarterback they'll be taking at No. 1. Signs point to Goff going to L.A. and Wentz to Philly.
Source: Reuben Frank on Twitter Apr 20 - 2:29 PM

unclebengi

Post by unclebengi »

Browns made out like bandits, their luck may actually be turning.

Ramen

Post by Ramen »

unclebengi wrote:Browns made out like bandits, their luck may actually be turning.

probably not tho.

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

unclebengi wrote:Browns made out like bandits, their luck may actually be turning.
nice score for cleveland; it will be interesting to see how they mess it up

DLG

Post by DLG »

Philly really thinks one of these dudes will be their franchise quarterback and are willing to sit one of them behind Bradford for a season or two?

Seems like a stretch. Seems more like they just want to cleanse the team of Chip Kelly-isms.

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

DLG wrote:Philly really thinks one of these dudes will be their franchise quarterback and are willing to sit one of them behind Bradford for a season or two?

Seems like a stretch. Seems more like they just want to cleanse the team of Chip Kelly-isms.
Bradford wants to be traded, and I wouldn't doubt that they do trade him. I expect Wentz to start at some point of this season, he might even start week 1.

an-also

Post by an-also »

Panthers apparently not resigning Josh Norman.

DLG

Post by DLG »

GUCCI CONDOMS wrote:
DLG wrote:Philly really thinks one of these dudes will be their franchise quarterback and are willing to sit one of them behind Bradford for a season or two?

Bradford wants to be traded, and I wouldn't doubt that they do trade him. I expect Wentz to start at some point of this season, he might even start week 1.
Might be hard to trade his shitty ass right now. Maybe the Jets bite.

More likely they trade him next year.

DLG

Post by DLG »

OBJ and Dez twice a year. Norman about to be exposed.

Ramen

Post by Ramen »

I mean he's done pretty well against them previously. Should be interesting seeing him without that Panthers front 7 tho.