Keeper Jr 2016 Thread

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

kcidwolf

Re: Keeper Jr 2016 Thread

Post by kcidwolf »

http://baseball.fantasysports.yahoo.com ... aiver_mode" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
It seems this is saying that when it's set to "continuous waivers" all players will be on waivers at all times no matter what days are selected as processing days?

The FAAB budget would fuck with the waiver priority too.
https://help.yahoo.com/kb/faab-waivers-sln6118.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"The waiver priority will only change if 2 or more managers bid the same exact dollar amount on the same player."
This would be shitty for others if you happen to win a bid on a top prospect and don't lose your waiver priority. Plus waiver priority is less valuable in this case.

Must be a way around the players being on waivers 24/7

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

what up, kcid? nice draft
Hey, by the way who's Curt?

kcidwolf

Post by kcidwolf »

capable_keL wrote:what up, kcid? nice draft
I was pretty happy with most of picks but lacking in closer department as usual. Anyone looking for SP?
I have a stack. Hopefully won't need much hitting depth with this crew. Only worried about the veteran OF. Maybe they'll help Puig along.

C - Russ Martin
1B - goldschmidt
2B - Carpenter
3B - Machado
Ss - bogaerts
OF - Puig
OF - Choo
OF - Gordon
OF - Grichuk
3/S - Kang
1B - cron

Sp - Fernandez
Sp - Lester
SP - Teheran
Sp - Iglesias
Sp - Liriano
Sp - Kenta Maeda
Sp - Aaron Sanchez
Sp - Matt Moore
Sp - Juan Nicasio

Sp Prospects - wheeler, snell

Rp - Doolittle, Clippard, Romo

Tommy Bunz

Post by Tommy Bunz »

Reviewing the waiver setting options, I don't think there is a way to have players be free agents and have waiver settings where everyone has a fair shot at every player.

kcidwolf

Post by kcidwolf »

Tommy Bunz wrote:Reviewing the waiver setting options, I don't think there is a way to have players be free agents and have waiver settings where everyone has a fair shot at every player.
Not sure it's worth it then because I could waste my waiver priority on a backup position player and then lose out on a top keeper I want or a newly appointed closer. The FAAB bidding budget would slightly solve the problem where it would mean the highest bid would get the player without affecting waiver priority. Would just kill the value of current priority for prospects.

alpha

Post by alpha »

I'm not a huge fan of it either. I watched all season long last year you guys getting every top prospect and now that I'm waiver #1 it's worthless.

Tommy Bunz

Post by Tommy Bunz »

Well, its only worthless if you decide to use it on a non-prospect.

How does everyone else feel? I'm not set in stone on this.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

I'm torn too. We might be killing the value here of earning the top waiver spot.

alpha

Post by alpha »

Tommy Bunz wrote:Well, its only worthless if you decide to use it on a non-prospect.

How does everyone else feel? I'm not set in stone on this.
While that is true, it also means that I can't make a waiver move without the chance of losing it.

I've always gone with the group, just putting in my two cents.

kcidwolf

Post by kcidwolf »

Maybe we leave it the way it was because a lot of the closer backups get owned anyway. We could always lower the max acquisitions per year from 75 to 50 which would somewhat limit the scouring. Only 3 teams came close to or met the limit last year. Everybody else was well under 50.

alpha

Post by alpha »

The more I think about it, not cool with it. Should've said something sooner, but hell fucking no at losing first waiver priority over picking up some two bit no one.

Tommy Bunz

Post by Tommy Bunz »

Just posted on the league board as well, due to all the pushback I've changed the waiver settings back to the old rules.

alpha

Post by alpha »

Good looking out bunz. Good luck everyone, cheers!

Gregg Popabitch

Post by Gregg Popabitch »

I don't think anyone uses the Trading block in our league which is a shame. if you've been trying to send me messages or emails through yahoo, it goes straight to my spam. I prefer you contact me email to email.

I'm trying to move Cespedes, Price, Evan Longoria, Hammel, Odorizzi, Hanley Ramirez, and Trevor Rosenthal. I feel like these guys could help a team. Some more than others.

I'm looking to acquire infielders for the future but I'm not limiting my search to only that. I'm trying to be open minded about what i can acquire. If you want to contact me, use the email that is in the managers tab on our yahoo league page.

Thanks.

Kid That's Lifeless

Post by Kid That's Lifeless »

Guys, I haven't checked my team all season. I simply don't have time with grad school taking just about every second of my day. If there's anyone that would be interested in taking my team over now or next year, just let me know. It's been fun, but the Kid does not have time for teh rotos.

Gregg Popabitch

Post by Gregg Popabitch »

oh btw, i don't plan on engaging in any trade talks during ramadan. i'm trying to limit how many hunger assisted bad decisions that i make.

alpha

Post by alpha »

Pretty sure I was gonna claim Urias. He didn't even hit waivers

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

Kid That's Lifeless wrote:Guys, I haven't checked my team all season. I simply don't have time with grad school taking just about every second of my day. If there's anyone that would be interested in taking my team over now or next year, just let me know. It's been fun, but the Kid does not have time for teh rotos.
I'm doing dual grad programs: MBA & master's of management and I'm in 4 leagues and play 36 holes a week. Gimme ur login bro
:cas:

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

alpha wrote:Pretty sure I was gonna claim Urias. He didn't even hit waivers

Nah Bunz needs to put him back. Yahoo fucked up, once again with this shit. Not cool.

Tommy Bunz

Post by Tommy Bunz »

Fwiw, Big League Jew emailed me right away about it, pretty much that he knew he wouldn't get to keep him but couldn't leave him just sitting there in free agency.
I put Urias back on waivers, everyone has a fair shot at him now.

alpha

Post by alpha »

Thanks for taking care of that bro. Is Crawford coming up at all this year?. Otherwise I'm thinking Urias is my best bet so I don't sit on that waiver forever.

Tommy Bunz

Post by Tommy Bunz »

I don't think the phillies are in any rush to bring Crawford up this year. They just moved him up to AAA but he was only hitting like .270 in AA so its not like he's setting the world on fire.
And tbh, I think he's likely to be one of those guys that's way more valuable in real life than in fantasy. He's like a future .280/15/20 guy with great defense in the majors.

alpha

Post by alpha »

he went back to FA, au sec fucked it up

Tommy Bunz

Post by Tommy Bunz »

wtf, i removed him from justins team and then tried adding and dropping him myself to get him to go on waivers but he's still listed as a free agent.
alpha, are you using your #1 waiver claim on him? Let me know if you are and who you are going to drop and I'll just put him on your team and adjust the waiver priorities manually.
Yahoo fucking sucks.

alpha

Post by alpha »

I'll take him and I should have an open roster spot

Tommy Bunz

Post by Tommy Bunz »

ok awesome. done.

Tommy Bunz

Post by Tommy Bunz »

Finally sent out the payments to the winners. Sorry for the delay, was in Colorado on vacation and busy with other shit.
I've barely had any time this year to manage my own team and don't really see it getting much better.
I'm going to step down as commish next year. Gloss has offered to take over, unless someone else wants to step up I'm probably going to give him the reins here shortly.

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

Might as well fold the league along with all the others.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

Nah, I'll take it over a commish. This is our longest running league. No way can it crumble. We can fill positions months ahead of time to avoid any issues.

alpha

Post by alpha »

Fuck I'm only on year 5 of my 10 year rebuild