2016 MLB Predictions Thread

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

Dwight Strawberry

2016 MLB Predictions Thread

Post by Dwight Strawberry »

Fuck it, let's do it again!

Here we are, rolling into March, the weather begins to warm up, Spring is in the air, and we are days away from the first MLB Spring Training Games of 2016. So, that means it’s time for my annual 2016 MLB predictions.
We all know predictions are a bunch of horse shit, but this is something I enjoy writing year over year. 2015 was a pretty magical season for the New York Mets, and my excitement for the season ahead is through the roof. With the young fireballers that litter the pitching staff, return of Yoenis Cespedes, and chemistry built in 2015, It’s nice to be contenders once again. So, without further ado, here is my 2016 MLB Predictions…

AL East
1. Toronto Blue Jays - This offense is deep...deep like the minds of Minolta (Chronic reference...zing!). They will score a ton of runs and I expect their pitching to be good enough to repeat as AL East Champs. FANTASY TIP: Drew Storen - Change of scenery allows him to rediscover his poise and command. Takes Closer job and never looks back. 35+ saves

2. Boston Red Sox - Exciting young duo in Mookie Betts and Xander Bogarts. Addition of a true staff ace in David Price was much needed. Big Papi rides off into the sunset. Things break right they will fight Toronto for 1st place. FANTASY TIP: Dustin Pedroia - Remains healthy all season and bounces back to top 5 2B production

3. New York Yankees - The bullpen is filthy. Betances to Miller to Chapman. I mean, their starters really only have to give 5 solid innings...which is a good thing; that staff is rather thin. The offense will score, but father time is not on their side. FANTASY TIP: Starlin Castro - Stability at 2B, new to the AL, friendly confines of Yankees Stadium. Dare I say he flirts with a .300 average again and 18+ dingers?

4. Baltimore Orioles - Machado, Davis, Jones, Trumbo, etc...This offense will score. Their pitching is their kryptonite. FANTASY TIP: Manny Machado - The 23 year old phenom continues to makes strides and flirts with 40 homerun / 30 stolen base season

5. Tampa Bay Rays - They have some dope starting pitching, but where will the run support come from? FANTASY TIP: Matt Moore - The once highly touted prospect is back from Tommy John Surgery. I think he will be a valuable SP3.

AL Central
1. Cleveland Indians - I’m very bullish on this team. Their pitching staff is sick, they have gritty ballplayers, and just look like a team ready to break through and take the division. FANTASY TIP: Trevor Bauer - Ends the season a 15 game winner and 190+ K’s

2. Kansas City Royals - Ugh. What can I say. These fuckers beat my beloved Mets in the World Series last season. FANTASY TIP: Mike Moustakas - I’m not drafting this schmuck.

3. Chicago White Sox - This team could flirt with the division. Hell, any team in this entire division could very well finish in 1st. Had no idea Jimmy Rollins was a White Sox until I just looked at their roster. FANTASY TIP: Carlos Rodon - If he can harness his control, he is going to be a top 20 SP

4. Detroit Tigers - Again, a team that could win this division as well. Their offense will score. They need Verlander to re-discover his pre-Kate Upton magic. FANTASY TIP: Jordan Zimmerman - The AL is going to eat this dude alive. 2016 Bust!

5. Minnesota Twins - Surprise team of 2015. Fun younger players in Sano, Buxton, and Rosario. I see some regression for 2016 though. FANTASY TIP: Byron Buxton - Has a breakout 2016. Stays healthy and posts a 20/20 season

AL West
1. Houston Astros - Correa, Altuve, Springer. They are going to contend for a bit. Love what they did with this team. Could use another elite arm on the staff, but they have enough to win. FANTASY TIP: Carlos Correa - DRAFT HIM NOW!!!!!!!!

2. Texas Rangers - Need Darvish to produce when he comes back from TJS. Still enough talent on this team to post W’s. FANTASY TIP: Rougned Odor finishes top 3 2B.

3. Seattle Mariners - Could very well win this division. A well balanced team IMO. FANTASY TIP: Taijuan Walker - Strings it all together all season long. Posts 15+ wins, sub 3.50 ERA, and 180+ K’s

4. Los Angeles Angels - I see a team in decline. Mike Trout can only do so much. Need to serious rebuild...perhaps trade Trout for the haul of the century (never.). FANTASY TIP: Albert Pujols - Thanks for the memories, but you should follow Big Papi into the sunset.

5. Oakland Athletics - Talk about a boring ass team. FANTASY TIP: Don’t have any A’s on your fantasy team!

NL East
1. New York Mets - 2015 was just the beginning! What a time to be a Mets fan! That staff; Harvey, deGrom, Thor, Matz, Bartolo, Wheeler (June/July). LGM!!!!!!!! FANTASY TIP: Neil Walker - Hitting towards the top of the lineup, Walker posts 100+ runs, a .275+ avg, and 19+ HR. Not bad for 2B production.

2. Washington Nationals - By no means will they be a pushover in 2016. This is still a ballclub with some talent. FANTASY TIP: Anthony Rendon - Injury free, returns to his stellar 2014 performance.

3. Miami Marlins - Could be sneaky good. Maybe flirt with .500? FANTASY TIP: Giancarlo Stanton stays healthy all season and smashes 50+ homeruns!

4. Atlanta Braves - Poor Freddie Freeman. FANTASY TIP: Only draft Freddie Freeman

5. Philadelphia Phillies - Franco...Nola...then ZZZZZZZ’s. FANTASY TIP: Play the movie Creed in the background while you draft. Good flick.

NL Central
1. Chicago Cubs - This team will be fun to watch again in 2016. Their time is now...their now is near. FANTASY TIP: Jake Arrieta - I sense a big regression. More SP2 numbers than fantasy ace type season.

2. Pittsburgh Pirates - Another fun team. They could desperately use another plus arm in that staff. FANTASY TIP: Pick a starting OFer...any one of them. Solid production.

3. St. Louis Cardinals - I have the Cards missing the playoffs for the first time since 2010. The starting pitching could very well win enough to get in, but I see a team in need of some younger pieces. FANTASY TIP: Adam Wainwright - Back from the 2015 achilles injury and continues to be a top end NL starter

4. Milwaukee Brewers - Milwaukee will always have their beer I guess. Team is rather boring as shit. FANTASY TIP: Ryan Braun continues to produce.

5. Cincinnati Reds - I mean, they are just going to be terrible. FANTASY TIP: Votto will produce, but may see more walks than ever this season.

NL West
1. San Francisco Giants - Their pitching is good enough to hold off the Dodgers for the NL West title. FANTASY TIP: Denard Span - This guy will be on more winning fantasy teams in 2016 than you’d expect.

2. Los Angeles Dodgers - Losing Grenkie will hurt. Can Puig bounce back, or is he just a head case now? FANTASY TIP: Corey Seager - Him and Carlos Correa are going to own the “Fantasy Elite” title for SS for many years.

3. Arizona Diamondbacks - Could be a dark horse to win division. They have the talent, but tough teams sitting above them. FANTASY TIP: Yasmany Tomas - Has a nice sophomore campaign. Develops some more pop. Blasts 25+ dingers

4. Colorado Rockies - They have a decent lineup...too bad Jose Reyes is a shithead. FANTASY TIP: Charlie Blackmon - Can we all agree that this guy is the real deal?

5. San Diego Padres - This time last season I was picking them to win the NL West. Well, that fell apart rather quickly. FANTASY TIP: Tyson Ross - He should continue to deliver above average numbers at a bit of a bargain on draft day

AL Wild Cards: Boston Red Sox, Kansas City Royals
NL Wild Cards: Pittsburgh Pirates, Los Angeles Dodgers

NL Champions: New York Mets
AL Champions: Houston Astros

World Series Champions: NEW YORK METS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AL MVP: Carlos Correa
NL MVP: Anthony Rizzo

AL Cy Young: Chris Sale
NL Cy Young: Matt Harvey

AL ROY: Byron Buxton
NL ROY: Corey Seager

AL Comeback Player of the Year: Yu Darvish
NL Comeback Player of the Year: Adam Wainwright

So, there it is folks. My 2016 MLB prediction write up. The New York Mets will be your 2016 World Series Champions and all will be right in the world. Enjoy the upcoming season!

Myjah

Re: 2016 MLB Predictions Thread

Post by Myjah »

I'll bite, even though I could go a lot of ways on any of this.

AL EAST
1. Blue Jays
2. Yankees
3. Red Sox
4. Rays
5. Orioles

AL CENTRAL
1. Royals
2. Twins
3. Indians
4. White Sox
5. Tigers

AL WEST
1. Houston
2. Angels
3. Rangers
4. Mariners
5. Oakland

NL EAST
1. Mets
2. Nats
3. Marlins
4. Braves
5. Phillies

NL CENTRAL
1. Cubs
2. Cardinals
3. Pirates
4. Brewers
5. Reds

NL WEST
1. Giants
2. Diamondbacks
3. Dodgers
4. Padres
5. Rockies

AL Wild Cards: Angels, Twins
NL Wild Cards: Nats, Cardinals

NL Champions: Chicago Cubs
AL Champions: Kansas City Royals

World Series Champions: KANSAS CITY ROYALS

AL MVP: Miguel Sano
NL MVP: Kris Bryant

AL Cy Young: Corey Kluber
NL Cy Young: Jake Arrieta

Ask me again tomorrow and I might say something else.
I <3 Employee.

TheBigSleep

Re: 2016 MLB Predictions Thread

Post by TheBigSleep »

Myjah wrote:I'll bite, even though I could go a lot of ways on any of this.
:gyeah: :myjah: