Fantasy Football 16/17

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

unclebengi

Fantasy Football 16/17

Post by unclebengi »

It's that time again degenerates. I've already knee deep in the swamp that is Fantasy Football. This is the first year I've done best ball drafts on Myfantasyleague.com and I can tell I'll be addicted for life. The leagues are 10 bucks a pop and feature 12 team PPR, snake draft leagues. There's 20 rounds and the team you draft is your team, no adding, dropping, trading, starting, sitting. Your best lineup (with a RB/WR/TE flex) and a D (no Kickers) is automatically chosen after all the games are finished to determine if you win your head to head matchups. The league winner takes home $100 and 2nd place gets a free entry next year. So basically if you can win 1/10 leagues you're at least breaking even. I've been mass entering teams, especially since the receivers have become so highly valued that value is presenting itself all over the place (Jamal Charles going in the 2nd round). It's also made me more prepared than ever more my regular leagues, I don't follow college ball that closely and it's helped me get to know a lot of the rookies.

I'm ending up with a lot of players from the Colts, Redskins, Seahawks, Steelers, and Cardinals this year.

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Re: Fantasy Football 16/17

Post by capable_keL »

what about rookies? The new NFL obligates you to look at top 30 skill players drafted. I'm targeting younger skill guys who are in pass systems with elite QBs.

There are still 10 top-RB who command number 1 draft status.

I feel a major shift coming this year

I'll take Bortles round 1
Hey, by the way who's Curt?

unclebengi

Post by unclebengi »

As far as rookies Zeke is the obvious standout and I have no problem taking him in the mid first round. The only RB's I'm considering over him are Le'Veon and Gurley. Derrick Henry, CJ Prosice, and Kenneth Dixon are the other rookie RB's I'm targeting.

I'm not considering any rookie receivers until round 7 or so. Corey Coleman and Sterling Shepard top my list, I'm also ending up with Will Fuller quite a bit.

ric

Post by ric »

this is the list of rookies in order I've got for my dynasty rookie only draft. I put guys in this order partially because I figure no one is looking at Howard for example because Dixon is getting all the love which don't get me wrong I like Dixon as a player but he comes from a system where yards are easy to come by for rbs and historically guys like Kareem carey underperform a bit because of that but also I'm wr heavy here partly because my dynasty rbs are already set and filthy.

Smallwood would be higher but nobody knows who he is and booker is a bit low because system but also because I need wrs. I don't trust fuller but I do trust Obrien. ND wrs ain't shit since Brian Kelly fuck all the hype. all of it. the only reason I have fuller higher than doctson is because Hopkins is literally the only guy in Hou. doctson is the better long term play by skill set and character. but see knowing this I can adjust accordingly. so you should also know what I think.

caroo is a great sleeper pick. which is why hes low but not too low. I don't think anybody knows who this guy is because Rutger lulz

This list will have to go through some changes because I made it immediately after the draft. our lads is spending the weekend updating the depth charts though so well see what's up in a couple days.
E Elliot dal rb Tosu
L Treadwell min wr ole miss
C Coleman cle wr bay
m Thomas neor wr Tosu
J Howard chi rb ind
W fuller Hou wr nd
J Doctson was wr tcu
P Lynch den qb mem
J grant Mia wr ttu
S Shepherd nyg wr ok
a burbridge 49 wr msu
L caroo Mia wr rut
K Dixon bal rb ltu
d Henry ten rb ua
a Collins sea rb ark
m Thomas stl wr smizz
d booker den rb utah
h hunter sd te ark
t Duarte mia te ucla
T Boykin sea qb tcu
d lasco neor rb cal 
p Perkins nyg rb ucla
w Smallwood phi rb wvu
also it sounds weird. but if you want to invest in a late d invest in the Raiders. nobody will see that shit coming. also nobody will be paying attention to (and they'll probably be running away from) eagles d so you can get that shit late. but the eagles d personnel set is actually pretty damn good.
Last edited by ric on Sun Jul 17, 2016 3:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.

ric

Post by ric »

as far as current players go I personally believe bortles will do less number this year because they'll be able to run the ball and if you're betting against Thomas Rawls the Seahawks no name rb you're gonna lose. injury is the only thing slowing this guy down. golden tate will have a good year unless they double him.

unclebengi

Post by unclebengi »

I love Tate and Rawls this year, really high on Baldwin & Lockett as well

ric

Post by ric »

Yeah I think the seahawk offense will upgrade this year and they'll be learning and gelling together

also other broad and specific predictions:
rg3 starts by season end
titans off does well
skins off does well
Broncos off blows until Lynch comes in and they switch it up
Dez Bryant and Allen robinson are tops wrs this year
Kelvin Benjamin roars back and cameron artisPayne shows up

ric

Post by ric »

one guy to not draft but to watch is stl/lar Michael Thomas from southern mizz. this dude is big has amazing hands can run a fucking a route and has some great field awareness. my question is consistency once the competition gets better and can he run a pro style route where landmarks change. other than that he's on my watch list this year and next.

wheels

Post by wheels »

Are you still drafting 9 guys from one team or did you abandon that strategy?

ric

Post by ric »

@wheels
lulz. I still have some guys from one team in dynasty league but as far as regular play goes that's really only a viable strategy if you are damn sure everyone will get a piece. ergo too risky from week to week to make it your core strategy.

ric

Post by ric »

I'm pissed that of all teams the titans got Derrick Henry. sfucked up.

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

ric wrote:@wheels
lulz. I still have some guys from one team in dynasty league but as far as regular play goes that's really only a viable strategy if you are damn sure everyone will get a piece. ergo too risky from week to week to make it your core strategy.
No way you could of seen that coming.

ric

Post by ric »

@naturalborn
well what im finding is that its more of an organizational consideration than a gameplanning in the moment consideration

so for example i think with kuhn out of the picture i dont think its a bad bet that raj; lacy; jordy(; cobb) is a solid core group. you know raj will get acceptable numbers. lacys performance was actually pretty predictable considering the ds they faced. nelson is good bet all the time.

look at car; cam; benjamin; stewart i mean these guys are getting whats there to be had. its not like its the seahawks where its russell and the rb and you never know which wr is really gonna get targeted.

you go zeke elliot; romo; dez bryant theres obv problems with romos injury but ive heard that theyve put in the new read game so prescott is being catered to a little bit. and bryant and zeke will dominate the rbs and wrs.

theres two big questions
1) obtaining those pieces. i mean raj and nelson are both potential first rounders. you could realistically get bortles arob and ivory. but then theres questions in re offensive efficacy in general over there.
2) fantasy team owners have no idea how devante adams is actually doing in practice and what theyre planning for him. this is really the biggest issue. you know for a fucking fact that over in cleveland corey coleman will get that fucking ball. who will win the qb battle? probably rg3 but we dont actually know that. who will win the rb battle? will they rotate duke johnson and isiah crowell? i mean how the fuck do we know that? and thats the biggest problem. also what ill call the 'tipping point' problem which falls under the organizational tree. when does past stop being a decent indicator for future as it magically did one season with kubiaks texans; schaub andre johnson and arian foster? did they just stop preparing competitively or did teams defenses buckle down and say 'ok we have to fucking stop this shit'. the irony is statistically speaking what was the difference between matt schaub and peyton manning in a kubiak framework? i mean there is a difference statistically and gameplay wise but is the difference in stats really that striking? not really.

Dwight Strawberry

Post by Dwight Strawberry »

Had my first draft last night. 12 team PPR. 4th overall pick. Here's what I came away with...

QB - C. Palmer, J. Winston
RB - L. McCoy, J. Stewart, A. Abdullah, J. White, D. Henry
WR - O. Beckham, J. Nelson, D. Parker, J. Brown, V. Jackson, M. Wheaton
TE - J. Reed
DEF - Oakland
K - C. Boswell

I'm pretty excited about my WRs and TE, especially in a PPR league. My RBs should produce, but my top 2 have been known to carry health issues. Palmer should provide solid numbers as long as he stays healthy. Overall, I'm ready for football to be back and to defend my title in this league.

siLLy KiD

Post by siLLy KiD »

first draft done:

QB Andrew Luck
Indianapolis Colts
RB Ezekiel Elliott
Dallas Cowboys
RB C.J. Anderson
Denver Broncos
WR Mike Evans
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
WR T.Y. Hilton
Indianapolis Colts
TE Jordan Reed
Washington Redskins
FLEX DeMarco Murray
Tennessee Titans
D/ST Rams D/ST
Los Angeles Rams
K Adam Vinatieri
Indianapolis Colts
BE Derek Carr
Oakland Raiders
BE Devin Funchess
Carolina Panthers
BE DeAndre Washington
Oakland Raiders
BE Tajae Sharpe
Tennessee Titans
BE Phillip Dorsett
Indianapolis Colts
BE Tyler Boyd
Cincinnati Bengals
BE Zach Miller
Chicago Bears

ric

Post by ric »

I am looking to join a dynasty league. I am realizing that dynasty leagues are really what I am looking for anyway. normal leagues are wack. dynasty leagues are better by far. if anybody has any open slots for dynasty leagues I don't mind being slotted into an already shitty team if the price per year isn't too high (can't really do more than $60-80/year)

alpha

Post by alpha »

Should've jumped on our keeper league. Silly kid just took the last spot

ric

Post by ric »

snap