The 2016-17 NBA Season Thread

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

The 2016-17 NBA Season Thread

Post by capable_keL »

Hey, by the way who's Curt?

djjeffresh

Re: The 2016-17 NBA Season Thread

Post by djjeffresh »

NBA on TNT tomorrow night motherfucks!

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

I'm going to absolutely crush NBA DFS this season, brehs.

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

Is anyone bothered by the fact Derrick Rose is a rapist?

unclebengi

Post by unclebengi »

Most definitely, the way it was reported that every defense witness was calling the chick a pathological liar and the detective committed suicide raised all kinds of red flags.

Rose comes off like he has the mind of the 12 yr old and knows nothing besides how to play hero ball on the basketball court. He said he didn't know what consent means and I almost believe it because dude is such an id.

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

capable_keL wrote:Is anyone bothered by the fact Derrick Rose is a rapist?
Bro...

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

unclebengi wrote:Most definitely, the way it was reported that every defense witness was calling the chick a pathological liar and the detective committed suicide raised all kinds of red flags.

Rose comes off like he has the mind of the 12 yr old and knows nothing besides how to play hero ball on the basketball court. He said he didn't know what consent means and I almost believe it because dude is such an id.
I feel the same. The more I read on it the more it stinks like bullshit and it's obvious that Rose is either mildly retarded or a deplorable piece of shit. Probably an even mixture of both

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

just as long as we're all clear that kobe is the true rapist
Nets 2022

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

let's not tarnish opening week by trying to define a true rapist. I shouldn't have brought it up

I wasn't trying to single you out, gucci

unclebengi

Post by unclebengi »

nah, it was worth discussing. Sports Bar has been great this year with a strong open minded core of contributors. We've proven we can handle any topic with tact and take responsibility if we overstep on an opinion. With this Josh Brown shit going on and the way it was handled (now JB's closing statement DOESN'T include him saying "I never struck my wife" as it did earlier today) these things need to be discussed.

I agree with what you said about Rose Kel, the only thing I'd is that I feel sorry for him in a way. I think he's had some bad people around him his whole life that have used him as a cash cow and kept him in pocket as much as possible. This is all hearsay, but I'd love to read a biography of Rose if they had insight to his inner circle.

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

capable_keL wrote:
unclebengi wrote:Most definitely, the way it was reported that every defense witness was calling the chick a pathological liar and the detective committed suicide raised all kinds of red flags.

I feel the same. The more I read on it the more it stinks like bullshit and it's obvious that Rose is either mildly retarded or a deplorable piece of shit. Probably an even mixture of both
All jokes aside, Rose does seem legitimately slow, and I vaguely remember hearing that they covered up him not being able to read when he was going to Memphis...

Blockhead
I made Daylight, yo!

Post by Blockhead »

So can we talk about the spurs exposing the warriors on day one?

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

Blockhead wrote:So can we talk about the spurs exposing the warriors on day one?
I thought Barkley had some compelling comentary about this last night. The Warriors aren't the same team defensively which was lost over the excitement of 'the big four'.

What more can you say about the Spurs?

an-also

Post by an-also »

The first year the big three in Miami started 12-11 or something like that. The Warriors will have a learning curve to how to play with each other. But I'm willing to bet they will be looking great by mid season.

The Spurs will just be the Spurs tho. How good is kawhi. Yikes

djjeffresh

Post by djjeffresh »

sugar k leonard

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

Anthony Davis tho

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

Embiid tho

alpha

Post by alpha »

He's a freak. Can't wait to see them with the full squad.

Does league pass have hd feeds?

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

alpha wrote:He's a freak. Can't wait to see them with the full squad.

Does league pass have hd feeds?
They usually do, but there are rare times one of the teams home broadcast doesn't, but for every game you can pick either teams home broadcast, so its super rare for both team's home broadcasts to not have HD.

Also, they upgraded the app to have a better view for mobile. Check it out...

http://www.theverge.com/2016/10/24/1337 ... -announced" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

alpha

Post by alpha »

I was thinking of getting it but noticed only regular feeds on my cable. Thx for the info.

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

alpha wrote:I was thinking of getting it but noticed only regular feeds on my cable. Thx for the info.
I was actually talking about watching it from laptop/phone/tablet.

If I remember correctly, usually how it is on cable is there are one or two HD league pass channels and the rest are SD, so a max of 2 games can be shown in HD simultaneously. Usually they pick the most attractive matchups for the games that are shown on the HD channels.

an-also

Post by an-also »

Anthony Davis is so good. On the flip side how bad are the Pelicans? What a shit roster.

an-also

Post by an-also »

Westbrook 51/13/10 on 44 shots. Looking forward to a whole season of these.

unclebengi

Post by unclebengi »

I watched the whole game it was a joy, but also the same old Westy that stumbles down the stretch. He ALWAYS gets tired right when the game gets to crunch time and starts to jack up jumpers. Oladipo had a nice stat line, but played like a complete idiot and I can see now why the Magic let him go (even though I'm a Hoosier stan and Dipo stan), hopefully he'll get better at situational basketball now that he's in a winning situation. Conversely, Steven Adams is just incredible and one of the most underrated players in the league. I really hope he continues to work on his offensive game because I think he's a top 5 defensive player. TJ Warren was killing the Thunder until they switched Adams onto him. I love his effort and IQ.

Ramen

Post by Ramen »

an-also wrote:Anthony Davis is so good. On the flip side how bad are the Pelicans? What a shit roster.
they need to get him help

Blockhead
I made Daylight, yo!

Post by Blockhead »

westbrook's season averages are gonna be oscar robertson level. He could do a triple double. That's insane.

eternalreflection
I'll Just STFU Now!

Post by eternalreflection »

an-also wrote:Westbrook 51/13/10 on 44 shots. Looking forward to a whole season of these.
He's a solid bet for MVP, OKC could still get to ~50 wins.

Curry/Durant will never win it. Either could be the true mvp but neither will win the award.

Lebron he'll get a boost from the finals last year and that the voters know he's going 70%.

Davis cast sucks and they'll lose 45 games so he's probably out

Leonard has a very strong shot, if SaS gets the 1 seed he's a big favorite imo.

Leonard/Lebron/Westbrook/Davis probably that order, field massive long shot.

unclebengi

Post by unclebengi »

I heart this article-

https://theringer.com/james-hardens-bri ... .o64ss04gy" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It says "When I talked to Marcus Elliott of P3 Applied Sports Science last month, he was quick to mention the peculiar gifts of the Rockets star. “Harden is barely average in almost every metric we look at related to athleticism, except for deceleration metrics,” Elliott told me. “And in those he’s one of the best athletes we’ve ever measured in any sport — in soccer, football, or basketball.”

Yep. Harden is world-class at slowing down. It’s the reason his drive-and-kicks feel different. He can get into the lane from the top of the arc, but he can also brake quicker than his defender can sense the deceleration. It opens up a bubble, an extra beat that creates space where there wouldn’t have been any had the play been run with anyone else."

It's so awesome to me that in a sport with the best physical specimens in the world, Harden can excel (and make it look easy) by being an average athlete with one under the radar athletic skill. I can't wait to watch him tonight so I can consciously observe his deceleration.

djjeffresh

Post by djjeffresh »

warriors vs thunder tonight

Sumthin_Funky

Post by Sumthin_Funky »

Westbrook could easily go for 60 tonight and still lose. Hoping the game is at least competitive.