NFL Draft & Offseason

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

DLG

Re: NFL Draft & Offseason

Post by DLG »

about the Giants TE. dude has the potential to be a Jordan Reed type player from the clips I saw. Plus, he can easily move to the outside and take B. Marshall's place in two years if need be. Pretty much a big WR or a slightly undersized, super fast TE that LBs and safeties can't cover.

You're sleeping on Paul Perkins too. He's going to be a good running back. Not a heavy pounder, but great vision and very elusive. Also, he was unexpectedly excellent at picking up blitzes as a rookie. Getting Blount on board to help him out would be ideal, but not sure it's going to happen now that NE has tendered him.

Agree that Tomlinson is going to be a stud. I think he'll be a step up from Hankins right out the gate. Looks like he's way more athletic and can disrupt the pocket as well as stuff the run.

Ramen

Post by Ramen »

yeah, I like Paul Perkins. thought he should have gotten a lot more burn last year.

ric

Post by ric »

@dlg
Tomlinson is gonna be sick. well see about the te can he go up and get the ball? not that I've seen. admittedly I haven't seen much. like two games of ole miss last year and like 2/3 the year before. can he catch when he's getting smashed? we'll see. nfl lbs have crazy closing speed nowadays for the most part. and the dbs are generally bigger too. he will get smashed. I mean not as smashed but smashed. and really I've seen this kid have zero awareness and not hold on to the ball. so I don't know. well see.

DLG

Post by DLG »

yeah, we'll see. I don't think he'll play that much right away. Giants are pretty confident with Sheppard in the slot, especially with Marshall on board giving them some size finally. Probably see him most on third downs and in the red zone. Best case scenario he takes on an Aaron Hernandez type role (minus the killing).

The good thing is that he is versatile, so the Giants can finally get out of that damn 11 personnel. I'm more excited about Rhett Ellison helping to get a running game going. If they can run the ball better and get the play-action stuff going, then the offense can get creative with how they line up and really cause a lot of problems instead of just relying on OBJ to beat double coverage and make plays on his own like last year.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

Blount is now an Eagle.

ric

Post by ric »

DLG wrote:The good thing is that he is versatile, so the Giants can finally get out of that damn 11 personnel
possibly the most important part of this move is the disguise/hernzy shit.

ric

Post by ric »

vikes sign Latavius Murray. kc releases maclin

alpha

Post by alpha »

thx for the news report oldnflnews.com

alpha

Post by alpha »

thx for the news report oldnflnews.com

ric

Post by ric »

hahahaha

DLG

Post by DLG »

this looks awesome

http://dailysnark.com/theres-documentar ... s-amazing/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

DLG

Post by DLG »

Cowboys having another great offseason of suspensions and arrests

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

DLG wrote:Cowboys having another great offseason of suspensions and arrests
Dallas is still the heavy favorites to take the East

an-also

Post by an-also »

DLG wrote:this looks awesome

http://dailysnark.com/theres-documentar ... s-amazing/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I've seen the packers play there once. I never want to step foot into that stadium again. Bills fans fight packer fans. Bill fans fighting other bills fans. Bill fans peeing on unsuspecting fans in the stands. It was silly.

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

Lol no one even talking shit about Zeke

This thread couldn't be any more dead...

#lastmanstanding

alpha

Post by alpha »

It's probably just like the rest of the board, we are all getting too old to post all the time

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

I'm glad the NFL is being fair with Zeke, who on all accounts is an epic bag of shit. Even Gucci can't deny that regardless of his ability to run a football.

Cowboys miss the playoffs this year.
Hey, by the way who's Curt?

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

capable_keL wrote:I'm glad the NFL is being fair with Zeke, who on all accounts is an epic bag of shit. Even Gucci can't deny that regardless of his ability to run a football.

Cowboys miss the playoffs this year.
Goodell is way out of bounds on this one. Even the cops declared that Zeke did nothing wrong. It's cool tho, Zeke's legal team is taking this all the way to court just like Brady did with #deflategate.

Zeke plays all 16 games this season, and Dallas takes the East.

DLG

Post by DLG »

it doesn't matter if he doesn't get convicted of a crime, he violated NFL policy by being a scumbag. The NFL is his employer.

Prediction: 2 more games added to suspension for the bar fight, but Cowboys still have an above-average running game because their line is awesome. Will lose in the first round of the playoffs like always.

unclebengi

Post by unclebengi »

Brady suspension set the precedent, doubtful he wins an appeal or gets any games shaved off.

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

DLG wrote:it doesn't matter if he doesn't get convicted of a crime, he violated NFL policy by being a scumbag. The NFL is his employer.

Prediction: 2 more games added to suspension for the bar fight,
but Cowboys still have an above-average running game because their line is awesome. Will lose in the first round of the playoffs like always.
PFT's Mike Florio reports the NFL's investigation into suspended RB Ezekiel Elliott's involvement in a July 16 bar brawl is closed.
Elliott was subject to the league's personal conduct policy for allegedly breaking the nose of a DJ at a Dallas nightclub. The NFL looked into the case, but couldn't come to any conclusions. For now, it sounds like Elliott has avoided further suspension. Elliott is still facing potential discipline for his St. Patrick's Day incident. Aug 12 - 7:19 PM
Source: Profootballtalk on NBC Sports

djjeffresh

Post by djjeffresh »

DLG

Post by DLG »

the media and everyone else has gotten into the dude's head, he's done.

Not like he was any good to start with, but there's no coming back from this shitfest, right now. No one in the building believes in him, teammates are liking blog posts about possible replacements, just sign Kap, he's still a G.

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

DLG wrote:the media and everyone else has gotten into the dude's head, he's done.

Not like he was any good to start with, but there's no coming back from this shitfest, right now. No one in the building believes in him, teammates are liking blog posts about possible replacements, just sign Kap, he's still a G.
Agreed

#SIGNKAP

ric

Post by ric »

I'll say this once right now to get it out of my system. fuck these broadcasters. how many times can one really examine this fuck face going out of bounds? I mean really. and then they zoom in. what's fucking compelling here? I'll tell you. nothing. this is dumb.

things I would rather see:
1) the play in its entirety
2) rewatching a couple times where the play blew up or broke down
3) the series or a short look at the history of the series which may or may not have lead to this specific moment
4) I personally would rather rewatch the play like a ton of rewind go rewind go rewind go rewind go shit to examine technique play flow and development etc
5) some other significant shit other than this repetitive ridiculous mf going out of bounds watching where his fucking foot touches the fucking ground or whatever. fucking wack as fuck. and to make it worse it's like stop fucking talking about it. it's like 'from this angle blah blah but from this angle blah blah blah'. fuck you morons. fuckfaces. I'd the qb runs out of bounds and you Wang to replay the fucking spot 1000 times show me what he was fucking looking at for fuck sakes. the fucking stadiums are huge. you're telling me that literally every camera is zoomed in on the fucking ball the whole fucking time. and we can't put anymore cameras anywhere to look at anything else? that's ridiculous.

DLG

Post by DLG »

one game was all it took to remind us that the NFL is the best.