2017 NBA Playoffs

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

alpha

Re: 2017 NBA Playoffs

Post by alpha »

The bulls winning 6 in 8 was so bad for the NBA. Worst thing that ever happened. Glad the spurs saved the league with their amazing post play after that.

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

alpha wrote:The bulls winning 6 in 8 was so bad for the NBA. Worst thing that ever happened. Glad the spurs saved the league with their amazing post play after that.
The bulls faced real competition in the playoffs.

alpha

Post by alpha »

Not as much as you think.

zombie

Post by zombie »

GUCCI CONDOMS wrote:
an-also wrote:I don't want to sound like one of those people BUT I'm going to anyways. besides warrior fans, this is going to be awful to watch for everyone else over the next five years. It's not the fact that the warriors are going to win, it's how easy they will win. No team is going to be competing with the warriors. I don't think this can be good for the NBA in the long term. its like the 92 Dream team beating up on helpless little countries. In the end of the day, what does it really prove.

Durant had every right to do what he did, but his move essentially killed any semblence of competitive play and killed like 3 title competitors in the west. (Thunder, spurs, etc)

In the end of the day, Durant took the easy way out. And that's a fact.
Bron starting this trend though, Durant is giving him a taste of his own medicine. All of Bron's title wins are manufactured, just like Durant's will be this year.

I agree though this isn't good for the NBA in the long run and this isn't good for the fans. Something needs to be done to prevent these "super teams", perhaps a harder salary cap?
has this ever been done with any professional sport league?

just look at soccer, spanish league has been dominated by two teams for decades.

an-also

Post by an-also »

alpha wrote:The bulls winning 6 in 8 was so bad for the NBA. Worst thing that ever happened. Glad the spurs saved the league with their amazing post play after that.
The bulls run of dominance had close games where as a neutral fan it was exciting to watch.

The spurs had some of the most exciting playoff series in their run. (eg. Heat, mavs, lakers, suns etc)

How many close games have the warriors had this postseason?
Its not about the fact that fact that the warriors are winning, its the fact that they are winning every game by 20+. Its terrible to watch as a fan of the game.

If you weren't a warriors fan, you wouldn't be singing the same tune you are now, and you know it.

djjeffresh

Post by djjeffresh »

GUCCI CONDOMS wrote:
an-also wrote:I don't want to sound like one of those people BUT I'm going to anyways. besides warrior fans, this is going to be awful to watch for everyone else over the next five years. It's not the fact that the warriors are going to win, it's how easy they will win. No team is going to be competing with the warriors. I don't think this can be good for the NBA in the long term. its like the 92 Dream team beating up on helpless little countries. In the end of the day, what does it really prove.

Durant had every right to do what he did, but his move essentially killed any semblence of competitive play and killed like 3 title competitors in the west. (Thunder, spurs, etc)

Bron starting this trend though, Durant is giving him a taste of his own medicine. All of Bron's title wins are manufactured, just like Durant's will be this year.

I agree though this isn't good for the NBA in the long run and this isn't good for the fans. Something needs to be done to prevent these "super teams", perhaps a harder salary cap?
durant was indeed influenced by lebron, but he saw what lebron did and took it to the maximum extreme. lebron stretched the playground rules a little bit, durant reamed them beyond all recognition. i will enjoy watching the warriors fall apart in two years, starting with the departure of thompson. i love steve kerr but his health issues will be a major factor in their downfall.

alpha

Post by alpha »

an-also wrote:
The bulls run of dominance had close games where as a neutral fan it was exciting to watch.

The spurs had some of the most exciting playoff series in their run. (eg. Heat, mavs, lakers, suns etc)

How many close games have the warriors had this postseason?
Its not about the fact that fact that the warriors are winning, its the fact that they are winning every game by 20+. Its terrible to watch as a fan of the game.

If you weren't a warriors fan, you wouldn't be singing the same tune you are now, and you know it.
So this run completely overshadowes the last two runs before it? Shit they were the first time to lose after up 3-1 in the finals. And overcome 3-1 in the conference finals. The year before they were down 2-1 in the finals and against the grizzlies.
I'll give you the blow out thing but the dubs play beautiful ball. Curry/Durant pick and rolls, which they are finally doing is amazing. Fucking Javalle McGee. Sure it sucks that the game is over before the 4th sometimes but this is a run you may never see again in your lifetime. Put the sour grapes away and enjoy it.

alpha

Post by alpha »

Also, the dubs play the best defense in the league and have an amazing offense. That's like the Sheed Pistons mixed with the Nash Suns. I'm obviously biased but there's tons to like.

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

Chris Paul should sign with Warriors in the off season. He can back up Steph and get a ring too. Much easier than actually working for it.
Hey, by the way who's Curt?

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

Boring

A sweep is very possible here.

eternalreflection
I'll Just STFU Now!

Post by eternalreflection »

djjeffresh wrote:
GUCCI CONDOMS wrote:

durant was indeed influenced by lebron, but he saw what lebron did and took it to the maximum extreme. lebron stretched the playground rules a little bit, durant reamed them beyond all recognition. i will enjoy watching the warriors fall apart in two years, starting with the departure of thompson. i love steve kerr but his health issues will be a major factor in their downfall.
yeah it's not in the same stratosphere, Durant went to the best team in the league. Lebron went to a 4 seed in the bad conference.

This GSW team is easily the best team of all time.

binary

Post by binary »

GUCCI CONDOMS wrote:

Not only that, but Bron pretty much forced CLE to sign TT and JR to huge contracts, which hamstrings them. Dubs needed another playmaker since Curry was the only creative force they had on Offense - with him hobbled, they were screwed. Dubs just had enough money to go get one of the best.

CLE top 3 should be outplaying Dubs top 3, and they just aren't able to right now, especially since Dubs top 3 plays Defense. TT and Green have been pretty trash, but Green has been better.

binary

Post by binary »

eternalreflection wrote:
djjeffresh wrote:
GUCCI CONDOMS wrote:

yeah it's not in the same stratosphere, Durant went to the best team in the league. Lebron went to a 4 seed in the bad conference.

He went to the 4 seed and added Chris Bosh as well, three elite, ELITE players...and they choked away their first shot against an odd Mavs team.

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

binary wrote:
eternalreflection wrote:
djjeffresh wrote:
GUCCI CONDOMS wrote:

He went to the 4 seed and added Chris Bosh as well, three elite, ELITE players...and they choked away their first shot against an odd Mavs team.
Bron was absolutely HORRIBLE in that series vs the Mavs. People all the sudden forgot about that...

binary

Post by binary »

Yup, Bron was terrible vs that team, which was led by two aging superstars and a bunch of role players. He was healthy too.

I'm not buying any of the WWE sports media narratives surrounding this series and the dubs being this super gauntlet that the Cavs are helpless against either. Fact is, the big 3 for the Cavs could easily outplay the big 3 from GSW, specifically on Offense. TT, Korver, JR, Shump, Deron need to stop sucking as well, and that will likely happen in Cleveland.

Green has been utter trash in this series. Klay was bunk offensively for one game and good the other. KD and Curry vs Lebron and Kyrie has been huge for the dubs. The other difference is, all the dubs play hard on Defense, while that hasn't been the case for the Cavs.

an-also

Post by an-also »

binary wrote:The other difference is, all the dubs play hard on Defense, while that hasn't been the case for the Cavs.
This pretty true. The cavs defense is not good at all.

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

an-also wrote:
binary wrote:The other difference is, all the dubs play hard on Defense, while that hasn't been the case for the Cavs.
Can we talk about how much Lebron has regressed defensively?

binary

Post by binary »

GUCCI CONDOMS wrote:
an-also wrote:
Can we talk about how much Lebron has regressed defensively?
His one on one defense has regressed a bit, but KD is just really hard to guard. I think he did a great job on Steph in game 2, but Steph is healthy now and he can actually drive.

Lebron is still a beast when he can roam free on Defense and come over as a help defender, the problem is there is no Harrison Barnes for him to sag off of in this series. Cavs were just leaving Barnes and Iggy, which allowed Lebron to help whenever the dubs penetrated. If I were the Cavs, I would take my chances and sag off of Green.

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

I wonder which strain CLE was smoking in the locker room?
Hey, by the way who's Curt?

djjeffresh

Post by djjeffresh »

next year

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

Epic meltdown by cle down the stretch.

Bring out the broom
Last edited by GUCCI CONDOMS on Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

eternalreflection
I'll Just STFU Now!

Post by eternalreflection »

binary wrote:
eternalreflection wrote:
djjeffresh wrote:
GUCCI CONDOMS wrote:

Current GS team minus Durant vs Heat Team minus Lebron and GS is winning 80% of the games, they aren't remotely similar talent level support cast. Wade was a shit fit and they brute forced their way, GS is elite team building. Wade declined fast too, he was worthless in the 2nd Spurs series.

Lebron was legit awful vs the Mavs but he was miles above anyone else in the next 5 finals. He's been very good in this series too, just not clearly best.

Blockhead
I made Daylight, yo!

Post by Blockhead »

Kyrie the greatest at the rim finisher of all time? I mean...he's just fucking incredible.
Also, what a bummer that ending was.

Jayou Ayen

Post by Jayou Ayen »

^

Take it up with Gloss, you White Piece of Shit.

Ramen

Post by Ramen »

Blockhead wrote:Kyrie the greatest at the rim finisher of all time? I mean...he's just fucking incredible.
I don't even understand how he gets most of them to fall, unreal too how he times his release so that a defender who looked to be in good position completely whiffs :bow:

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

Irving def has elite handle and is God tier at finishing, but he needs to work on his jump shot...

binary

Post by binary »

GUCCI CONDOMS wrote:Irving def has elite handle and is God tier at finishing, but he needs to work on his jump shot...
He has a freaking nice jumper. I think his decision making is probably his biggest flaw, but he's still very very young. He's also so iso/ball dominant that I don't know if you can build a team around him.

unclebengi

Post by unclebengi »

GS has 4, maybe 5, HOFers, the for sure 4 are in their prime. This team will win 4 in a row if they stay healthy.

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

unclebengi wrote:GS has 4, maybe 5, HOFers, the for sure 4 are in their prime. This team will win 4 in a row if they stay healthy.
Who is the 5th HOFer?

binary

Post by binary »

unclebengi wrote:GS has 4, maybe 5, HOFers, the for sure 4 are in their prime. This team will win 4 in a row if they stay healthy.
Draymond Green is a great defender but the dude has never been very productive in the playoffs. He's probably one of the best role players ever, but the guy is lucky he is in this system tbh. Tristan used to outplay him viciously, but this series they've both been trash.