2017 NBA Playoffs

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

Ramen

Re: 2017 NBA Playoffs

Post by Ramen »

refs killing it

eternalreflection
I'll Just STFU Now!

Post by eternalreflection »

binary wrote:
GUCCI CONDOMS wrote:Irving def has elite handle and is God tier at finishing, but he needs to work on his jump shot...
He has a freaking nice jumper. I think his decision making is probably his biggest flaw, but he's still very very young. He's also so iso/ball dominant that I don't know if you can build a team around him.
he's god awful at defense

Lebron 41 minutes played +32
Kyrie 41 minutes played +7
Overall Cleveland +21

The Cavs are god awful when Lebron is on the bench. They can't expect him to just play 46 mpg either, he's not 25 anymore.

Blockhead
I made Daylight, yo!

Post by Blockhead »

binary wrote:
unclebengi wrote:GS has 4, maybe 5, HOFers, the for sure 4 are in their prime. This team will win 4 in a row if they stay healthy.
Draymond Green is a great defender but the dude has never been very productive in the playoffs. He's probably one of the best role players ever, but the guy is lucky he is in this system tbh. Tristan used to outplay him viciously, but this series they've both been trash.

Lol what? He literally almost carried his team to a win in game 7 of the final last year. He showed up when his teammates didn't. Also, generally, His "Production" isn't in points. He anchors that entire team. Defensively and offensively.

alpha

Post by alpha »

^exactly.

eternalreflection
I'll Just STFU Now!

He's a loose cannon that should have been suspended last year vs OKC likely costing the championship at that point, and then after getting an insane gift was dumb enough to test the limit and got a weak in a vacuum suspension in the finals.

They had to pretend his first tech in g4 was on Kerr to stop his dumbass from getting another ejection.

alpha

Post by alpha »

Shut the fuck up already with your skip bayless ass hot takes.

binary

Post by binary »

eternalreflection wrote:He's a loose cannon that should have been suspended last year vs OKC likely costing the championship at that point, and then after getting an insane gift was dumb enough to test the limit and got a weak in a vacuum suspension in the finals.

They had to pretend his first tech in g4 was on Kerr to stop his dumbass from getting another ejection.

It's true. People point to that one game 7, but that game should not have even happened if he didn't blow a damn gasket and cost the team. He was terrible in the OKC series too. The guy is not a big time player at all, and he often hurts the team. Great regular season defender, but overrated as hell overall.

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

Klay is not a hall of famer. Green is not a hall of famer

Jesus Christ......
Hey, by the way who's Curt?

Blockhead
I made Daylight, yo!

Post by Blockhead »

If you can't see the value of green , as a major cog in that team on both ends, you really don't know shit about basketball. He could put up 2/5/6 and still have a profound effect on the game. He's certainly not a hall of famer right now (I wouldn't write it off if he keeps up what he's doing for like 5 or 6 more years and gets 2 or 3 more rings) but he's less expendable than Klay for that team.

Blockhead
I made Daylight, yo!

Post by Blockhead »

Also, Lamest playoffs ever? Can't remember a playoffs with less excitement. When Washington/boston is the best series of the playoffs, that's no bueno.

eternalreflection
I'll Just STFU Now!

Blockhead wrote:Also, Lamest playoffs ever? Can't remember a playoffs with less excitement. When Washington/boston is the best series of the playoffs, that's no bueno.
best team in the league added the #2-4 player(can see cases for Leonard or Curry being ahead of him) in the league basically for free, this year was doomed unless GS had a major injury, with as well as Lebron played I think they beat GS - Durant but either way that is a 100x better series to watch.

If they lose depth when they have to actually pay Curry a real salary it might be interesting or maybe they'll implode like the Lakers did but it's not looking good for any team out there to stop them.

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

Where was Kevin love last night? Guy was basically invisible. What a disappointment as a big game player he's turned out to be.

binary

Post by binary »

Blockhead wrote:If you can't see the value of green , as a major cog in that team on both ends, you really don't know shit about basketball. He could put up 2/5/6 and still have a profound effect on the game. He's certainly not a hall of famer right now (I wouldn't write it off if he keeps up what he's doing for like 5 or 6 more years and gets 2 or 3 more rings) but he's less expendable than Klay for that team.

He's definitely a major cog in terms of his play, but his mental instability and emotion have cost this team dearly. You can't discredit the value of mentality.

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

binary wrote:
Blockhead wrote:If you can't see the value of green , as a major cog in that team on both ends, you really don't know shit about basketball. He could put up 2/5/6 and still have a profound effect on the game. He's certainly not a hall of famer right now (I wouldn't write it off if he keeps up what he's doing for like 5 or 6 more years and gets 2 or 3 more rings) but he's less expendable than Klay for that team.

He's definitely a major cog in terms of his play, but his mental instability and emotion have cost this team dearly. You can't discredit the value of mentality.
It goes both ways, he's also the heart of the team. He gets them fired up. If green was not on GS they would be lifeless.

an-also

Post by an-also »

Lebron "I've never played for a superteam"

:larry:

binary

Post by binary »

capable_keL wrote:Klay is not a hall of famer. Green is not a hall of famer

Jesus Christ......
Great players who struggle to create shit for themselves on the offensive end. Klay has an ok post game but that's about it; when driving he has tunnel vision. Green is often cringe-worthy on Offense.

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

an-also wrote:Lebron "I've never played for a superteam"

Lol I saw that last night. Bron is completely delusional.

binary

Post by binary »

lol! trying to downplay the meltdown vs the Mavs.

eternalreflection
I'll Just STFU Now!

He's been the underdog in 6 of the 8 finals he's played in. When you think Superteam you don't think underdog too. Most have been abysmally bad when he's on the bench. He should get plenty of shit for the Mavs series but the rest.

So it's just semantics, none were as good as any of the Warriors teams, or the 08 Celtics or 96 Bulls. So they are superteams but on the bottom end of the spectrum.

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

eternalreflection wrote:

He's been the underdog in 6 of the 8 finals he's played in. When you think Superteam you don't think underdog too. Most have been abysmally bad when he's on the bench. He should get plenty of shit for the Mavs series but the rest.

So it's just semantics, none were as good as any of the Warriors teams, or the 08 Celtics or 96 Bulls. So they are superteams but on the bottom end of the spectrum.
He was an underdog vs the spurs, mavs, and okc while in Miami? I dunno about that...

binary

Post by binary »

GUCCI CONDOMS wrote:
eternalreflection wrote:

He was an underdog vs the spurs, mavs, and okc while in Miami? I dunno about that...

yeah, no. And he definitely wasn't he underdog vs the Dwight Howard Magic either.

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

binary wrote:
GUCCI CONDOMS wrote:
eternalreflection wrote:

yeah, no. And he definitely wasn't he underdog vs the Dwight Howard Magic either.
Ultimately, Bron's Playoffs/finals losses will cement his legacy as being in a 2nd tier below Jordan...

binary

Post by binary »

GUCCI CONDOMS wrote:
binary wrote:
GUCCI CONDOMS wrote:
eternalreflection wrote:

Ultimately, Bron's Playoffs/finals losses will cement his legacy as being in a 2nd tier below Jordan...
That Mavs series and the debacles vs the Spurs will haunt him. However, if he manages to get Paul George, they will be tough for GSW to handle..he could win a couple more with him.

eternalreflection
I'll Just STFU Now!

binary wrote:

the one where he had one of the all time great performances? 38.5/8.3/8 for fucks sake that is the worst possible series to criticize him for.
the debacles vs the Spurs will haunt him
wtf man, he was far and away the best player in both of those series and played great

25.3/10.7/7 in 13
28.2/7.8/4 in 14
you obviously forgot how shitty Wade was that year, he was garbage and the Heat always lacked depth they never had someone like Iggy off the bench(Iggy btw would be the 5th best teammate he's played with, it drops off hard after Wade/Bosh/Irving/Love) and Iggy is the 5th best player on the current champions

He has flaws, and I get not liking him but christ guys he's not god and it's still a team game

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

eternalreflection wrote:
binary wrote:

the one where he had one of the all time great performances? 38.5/8.3/8 for fucks sake that is the worst possible series to criticize him for.
the debacles vs the Spurs will haunt him
wtf man, he was far and away the best player in both of those series and played great

25.3/10.7/7 in 13
28.2/7.8/4 in 14
you obviously forgot how shitty Wade was that year, he was garbage and the Heat always lacked depth they never had someone like Iggy off the bench(Iggy btw would be the 5th best teammate he's played with, it drops off hard after Wade/Bosh/Irving/Love) and Iggy is the 5th best player on the current champions

He has flaws, and I get not liking him but christ guys he's not god and it's still a team game
So you're going to tell me with a straight face Jordan would have lost that series vs the Mavs? Look, bron is great no doubt, but when you compare him someone like Jordan there's no room for error here, bron gets no passes.

eternalreflection
I'll Just STFU Now!

Jordan probably wins in 11 but likely loses last year so that's a wash, maybe Lebron beats the 90 Pistons. I think it's next to impossible Jordan plays well enough in 14, 15, 17 to win those series either. I think he would have been like Lebron the clear best player in an unwinnable situation(Durant might have topped him as well, that was a sick series from him).

people give Jordan way too big of a pass on 95 as well, it doesn't fit the narrative that he was unstoppable so it's disregarded.

also Lebron didn't get banned for 1.5 years because he couldn't pay his gambling debts either.

the 94 Bulls won 55 games without Jordan, teams without Lebron did much worse, it's more complicated than just subtract them and compare but it's undeniable that Jordan had more complete support casts than Lebron had.

I don't think its unreasonable to put Jordan above Lebron, but the reasons people on Jordan's side use are usually bullshit. Focusing on finals record is beyond stupid and leads to things where if Lebron had lost vs Detroit in 07 that helps him which is obviously absurd.

alpha

Post by alpha »

Trust the process tho.

binary

Post by binary »

Holy crap if Cavs get Paul George. Props to KD for making the move, you gotta get your rings when you can.

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

@Kel

Where is the nba draft thread? Come on bro, handle your duties as a mod.

alpha

Post by alpha »

GUCCI CONDOMS wrote:@Kel

Where is the nba draft thread? Come on bro, handle your duties as a mod.
Let's just make an offseason thread and one of them can sticky it. No homo.