2017 NBA Playoffs

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

GUCCI CONDOMS

Re: 2017 NBA Playoffs

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

I never understood why the Kings and Suns so willingly let Isiah Thomas go

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

GUCCI CONDOMS wrote:I never understood why the Kings and Suns so willingly let Isiah Thomas go
well, he wasn't the Isaiah Thomas he is now in Sac town. The NBA is about progression and you best look at what a player can be versus what they are now.

Example: Utah's Rudy Gobert is 2nd team all NBA this year. However, he is mostly a shot blocker with meh rebounds and average scoring potential. He won't continue to evolve like other comparable players at his position.

not max contract worthy but some team will give it to him.
Hey, by the way who's Curt?

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

capable_keL wrote:
GUCCI CONDOMS wrote:I never understood why the Kings and Suns so willingly let Isiah Thomas go
well, he wasn't the Isaiah Thomas he is now in Sac town. The NBA is about progression and you best look at what a player can be versus what they are now.

Example: Utah's Rudy Gobert is 2nd team all NBA this year. However, he is mostly a shot blocker with meh rebounds and average scoring potential. He won't continue to evolve like other comparable players at his position.

not max contract worthy but some team will give it to him.
He had some games in sac town where he def put up gaudy stats. Sure, he wasn't the player he is now, but he showed signs of it. The justification for casting him aside has always been "well he can't play defense", but if we're being honest he still hasn't progressed much in that area.

alpha

Post by alpha »

Gobert making any kind of leap will make the Jazz legit contenders in the future

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

Games have been hard to watch lately. The trend of stars going to teams to win championships has made the playoffs bland.

Remember when we would see upsets in the playoffs?

Get Cleveland and Golden State going already

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

Agreed, these playoffs have been brutal. I do think that hou vs gs could potentially be an interesting series tho. We will see if they can manage to get past the spurs.

alpha

Post by alpha »

Spurs rockets was so good last night tho. Manu reaching into the well one last time

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

alpha wrote:Spurs rockets was so good last night tho. Manu reaching into the well one last time
That's why Manu is a champion. That was fun to watch. Still kind of surprised Kawhi sat tho, he didn't seem that hurt.

Edit: Hou's offense was absolutely pathetic down the stretch last night, and Harden turned into an ineffective turnover machine. I almost want to retract my statement that gs vs hou could be an interesting series.

alpha

Post by alpha »

I wouldn't go that far. I think Houston would be the more exciting series. But we've been wanting to play the spurs for two years now. We, being warriors fans .

alpha

Post by alpha »

There's gonna be some neglected mothers on Sunday for a few hours.

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

Houston went out like some bitches tonight. Very disappointing.

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

alpha wrote:There's gonna be some neglected mothers on Sunday for a few hours.
Yeah.! I'm watching Spurs/Dubs on Sunday

Mom can go garden or bake a cake...

Warriors sweep

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

GUCCI CONDOMS wrote:Houston went out like some bitches tonight. Very disappointing.
It was weird to watch. I was expecting them to come out like some wild dogs but they looked like a pack of docile sloths.

Harden is still the MVP tho

eternalreflection
I'll Just STFU Now!

Post by eternalreflection »

Such a bullshit dirty play by Zaza to steal a game.

I don't know how you remedy it in game, I mean you can't eject Curry to equalize. GS is an alltime great team but jesus they've gotten some massive help from dirty play injuries to key players.

binary

Post by binary »

eternalreflection wrote:Such a bullshit dirty play by Zaza to steal a game.

I don't know how you remedy it in game, I mean you can't eject Curry to equalize. GS is an alltime great team but jesus they've gotten some massive help from dirty play injuries to key players.
It was an overly aggressive, dirty play, yes, but I don't think it was intentional. That type of shit happens to Curry every other game, and Zaza is just a clumsy dude. Kawhi's ankles were badly compromised before it happened. It's the Bruce Bowen defense..I hate it, but it happens.

And as for the luck part, they definitely weren't lucky last year when Curry was hurt the entire playoffs, Iggy and Bogut were hurt, and Draymond got suspended for Lebron being dramatic.

There is no way they win that game with Kawhi though

Ramen

Post by Ramen »

if it wasn't intentional is it still dirty?

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

At least nobody has had their nuts stomped on yet

djjeffresh

Post by djjeffresh »

Ramen wrote:if it wasn't intentional is it still dirty?
recklessness or overly aggressive play can still be considered dirty without intent depending on the context, history of the player, etc. this one is not clear in my mind. i don't think a suspension is warranted in this case, but if it happens again in the playoffs with zaza the clear precedent would have been established and should be factored in by officials.

Ramen

Post by Ramen »

well, Spurs tried to repay the favor but it didn't work

alpha

Post by alpha »

Are these playoffs boring to the average fan? Feeling spoiled as a fan after all the shitty years.

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

alpha wrote:Are these playoffs boring to the average fan? Feeling spoiled as a fan after all the shitty years.
Extremely boring, but I really can't wait for gs vs cle finals. I got very high expectations for that.

alpha

Post by alpha »

Yeah I got high hopes for part 3. But part of me wants to just see them demolish the cavs as revenge.

Ramen

Post by Ramen »

I appreciated the fact that they were just running thru teams and was looking like they were gonna meet up undefeated.

Post by 907 »

Finals predictions? I've got money on Warriors in 6.
hustler wrote:if you don't know that spiders protect you from ghosts, then i really dont know what to tell you.

alpha

Post by alpha »

Dubs in 5.

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

alpha wrote:Dubs in 5.
That's what I'm thinking as well.

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

Cleveland in 6

an-also

Post by an-also »

I don't want to sound like one of those people BUT I'm going to anyways. besides warrior fans, this is going to be awful to watch for everyone else over the next five years. It's not the fact that the warriors are going to win, it's how easy they will win. No team is going to be competing with the warriors. I don't think this can be good for the NBA in the long term. its like the 92 Dream team beating up on helpless little countries. In the end of the day, what does it really prove.

Durant had every right to do what he did, but his move essentially killed any semblence of competitive play and killed like 3 title competitors in the west. (Thunder, spurs, etc)

In the end of the day, Durant took the easy way out. And that's a fact.

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

an-also wrote:I don't want to sound like one of those people BUT I'm going to anyways. besides warrior fans, this is going to be awful to watch for everyone else over the next five years. It's not the fact that the warriors are going to win, it's how easy they will win. No team is going to be competing with the warriors. I don't think this can be good for the NBA in the long term. its like the 92 Dream team beating up on helpless little countries. In the end of the day, what does it really prove.

Durant had every right to do what he did, but his move essentially killed any semblence of competitive play and killed like 3 title competitors in the west. (Thunder, spurs, etc)

In the end of the day, Durant took the easy way out. And that's a fact.
Bron starting this trend though, Durant is giving him a taste of his own medicine. All of Bron's title wins are manufactured, just like Durant's will be this year.

I agree though this isn't good for the NBA in the long run and this isn't good for the fans. Something needs to be done to prevent these "super teams", perhaps a harder salary cap?

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

capable_keL wrote:Cleveland in 6
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I bet you already want this statement back...