2017 NBA off-season thread

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

alpha

2017 NBA off-season thread

Post by alpha »

The process. The progress. PG-13. Jimmy Butler. Iggy. Rubio.

Off-season shit goes here.

Blockhead
I made Daylight, yo!

Re: 2017 NBA off-season thread

Post by Blockhead »

I swear is the knicks trade Porzingas... :thebest: :thebest: :thebest: :thebest:
Phil Jackson is the absolute worst. I feel like he's on some Steve Bannon shit, just trying to destroy everything so he can watch it burn.

alpha

Post by alpha »

If the Celtics some how land butler and Hayward I'm all in on them over Cleveland even if they get pg13. Would like Hayward to stay in Utah, I like what they got going there.

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

Blockhead wrote:I swear is the knicks trade Porzingas... :thebest: :thebest: :thebest: :thebest:
Phil Jackson is the absolute worst. I feel like he's on some Steve Bannon shit, just trying to destroy everything so he can watch it burn.
Honestly, Porzingas is overrated by Knicks fans. That being said, I don't think they should trade him.

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

alpha wrote:If the Celtics some how land butler and Hayward I'm all in on them over Cleveland even if they get pg13. Would like Hayward to stay in Utah, I like what they got going there.
I'm on the fence with it. On one hand, I hate the concept of "superteams", on the other hand, I do want to see more teams to at least have potential to compete with GS and Cle.

alpha

Post by alpha »

Dubs may lose iggy. That has been under the radar.

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

GUCCI CONDOMS wrote:
Blockhead wrote:I swear is the knicks trade Porzingas... :thebest: :thebest: :thebest: :thebest:
Honestly, Porzingas is overrated by Knicks fans. That being said, I don't think they should trade him.
Zinger is not overrated by anyone. In fact, he is on trajectory to be one of the league's top players in the next couple years
Hey, by the way who's Curt?

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

capable_keL wrote:
GUCCI CONDOMS wrote:
Zinger is not overrated by anyone. In fact, he is on trajectory to be one of the league's top players in the next couple years
I find it funny when people say that. Listen, towns is on trajectory to be one of the league's top players in the next couple of years, porzingas is at least a tier below. Do you now see the difference?

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

I find it funny when you say Porzingas is overrated. Nobody is talking about Towns, so I don't see your 'point' .

Blockhead
I made Daylight, yo!

Post by Blockhead »

GUCCI CONDOMS wrote:
capable_keL wrote:
GUCCI CONDOMS wrote:
I find it funny when people say that. Listen, towns is on trajectory to be one of the league's top players in the next couple of years, porzingas is at least a tier below. Do you now see the difference?
I actually think KNICKS FANS do kinda overrate porzingas too. He's yet to show he can be consistent for a large period of time. That said, trading him would be beyond stupid. He's an incredible piece to build off.

Ramen

Post by Ramen »

:lol:

Vlad Analogue

Post by Vlad Analogue »

I think if Jimmy gets traded it would (and should) be to the T-Wolves. At least the Bulls could get back some young talent and a pick. Trading him to the Cavs without a third team would be nigh-impossible

eternalreflection
I'll Just STFU Now!

Post by eternalreflection »

alpha wrote:Dubs may lose iggy. That has been under the radar.
losing depth would be one way for them to be vulnerable, only paying Curry 12/yr was how they added Durant while keeping a functional bench.

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

Blockhead wrote:
GUCCI CONDOMS wrote:
capable_keL wrote:
GUCCI CONDOMS wrote:
I actually think KNICKS FANS do kinda overrate porzingas too. He's yet to show he can be consistent for a large period of time. That said, trading him would be beyond stupid. He's an incredible piece to build off.
The sad reality is that knick fans are on the lower end of basketball comprehension. Don't let that fuck with Zinger's perception .... He only wears their uniform

Blockhead
I made Daylight, yo!

Post by Blockhead »

I watched him play a lot for his entire pro career. He's very good , very unique and his potential is through the roof...that said, he's not consistent and he needs to seriously work on his wind cause dude is generally a corpse by the 4th quarter (playing with melo doesn't help that tho).

alpha

Post by alpha »

Butler traded to the wolves. So the cavs sealed the ticket to bron leaving because they couldn't re-sign the gm? Fucking clown shoes

Vlad Analogue

Post by Vlad Analogue »

Vlad Analogue wrote:I think if Jimmy gets traded it would (and should) be to the T-Wolves. At least the Bulls could get back some young talent and a pick. Trading him to the Cavs without a third team would be nigh-impossible

:bunk:

not sure how i even feel about this now

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

Minnesota absolutely fleeced Chicago. The fact Chicago drafted Markkanen is LOL. I am a huge Zach Lavine fan and am sad he was dealt but the wolves just became a top 5 WC team.

Knicks scored gold with Ntilikina but the fans are too dumb to realize it

alpha

Post by alpha »

Top 5? Too soon man. Make the playoffs first

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

alpha wrote:Top 5? Too soon man. Make the playoffs first
You should be nervous, bro.

unclebengi

Post by unclebengi »

I love that Minny was able to hold on to Rubio, he played so well down the stretch last year that I'm really excited to see how he can mesh with Jimmy and Towns. They still need more three point shooting, but they're more relevant than they've been in a long time.

ric

Post by ric »

just my two mostly irrelevant and random and unwelcome cents. porzingis is not the athlete dirk is. and let's not make any other comparisons. arvedas sabonis was a slow but adept athlete. this motherfucker takes 5 3s per game. 5 (4.8). at 35%. 35%. is 7'3". gets 7. thats 7 rebounds per game. 1.2 of those is offensive. 5.8 of those are defensive prolly because he happens to be around the basket because he's the most eligible guy to defend the other teams guy who plays a more useful role and is around the basket. this guy doesn't appear to have any sort of knack for being in a position to make plays around the ball or not around the ball. his ft? 78%. that's down from last year. ft is the number one indicator of quality and consistent shooting ability over time. Dirks ft% started at 78% then within two years is into the 90s% for the rest of his career. Dirks rebounds? they skyrocket after 3 yrs. this is partly due to the athleticism and partly due to work ethic and alignment. Dirks off rebounds cap at about 1.8 but he's perimeter. he's a mover. just the little amount I've seen ziringis play hes not exactly a fucking mover. he's a waste of space. In a time when nobody is playing d this guy is getting 18pts/g off 15 fucking shots per game. he's 7'3". this fuck face should be shooting 55-60%. have you seen this guy's form? not that I'm laying this shit on form because there were good guys who had weird form. but seriously you guys are talking about building around a guy who caps out as being Sam Perkins. and Sam Perkins had better lower and upper body in his shot and was wish coming off the bench as 7th man at the end of his career playing like 25 min/g.

this is nowitzki his rookie year. you're talking about speed and execution in the early stages. he's tough. he's got bump in his game. he makes decisions quickly. he executes at speed. his form is good.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=T0Jl2aqRVbo" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

this is ziringis playing his best game in 2016. plodding. happens to be the recipient of other good play and its just falling for him. you can see why dirk will eventually shoot pretty consistently in the upper 30%s low 40%s across his career. whereas this motherfucker is just heaving it up there. I look at this dude on his best day and I'm thinking 'what a waste of personnel'. I mean really where's the inside force? hes not. where's the outside threat? eh..
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_BoEJJ_BSsI" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

and it must be said he's putting forth effort although can one say that about the d? (and just look at it it's not even really the same game these modern motherfuckers have no bump to their game) the dunk at 208 is fairly impressive but the pass was perfect really and the def calculation to intercept made sense (poor execution though) but the pass was just so perfect.

this is Sam Perkins playing against actual defense in one of his more memorable games and he's looking more athletic than ziringis at like age 42 or something and that wasn't even really Perkins most efficient year.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bjDaVOHPhco" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

eternalreflection
I'll Just STFU Now!

alpha wrote:Top 5? Too soon man. Make the playoffs first
Well the West was only 5-6 teams deep and got pretty bad after that.

I wonder if Towns is going to stop being so god-awful at defense, the team had a losing record in games that they had 10+ point leads in.

It's a great deal for MN, Dunn is worthless and Lavine is fun to watch but bad for trying to win games.

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

I don't get the Dirk-Zinger comparisons. They are two completely different players

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

capable_keL wrote:Minnesota absolutely fleeced Chicago. The fact Chicago drafted Markkanen is LOL. I am a huge Zach Lavine fan and am sad he was dealt but the wolves just became a top 5 WC team.

Lavine is going to be good, but wiggins and lavine are too similar. This was a great trade for Minnesota. If Minny doesn't make the playoffs this year, I'll punch a hole through my fuckin wall.

eternalreflection
I'll Just STFU Now!

Never underestimate MN team's ability to fail. It's like the browns except you think they'll be good before the failures.

Ramen

Post by Ramen »

top 5 in the west sounds nice, but pretty irrelevant when the champs went 16-1 in the playoffs.

they might be cool to watch this year tho, thibs ball is relatively boring tho.

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

Blake Griffin opts out of his contract. Free agent time baby

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

GUCCI CONDOMS wrote:
capable_keL wrote:Minnesota absolutely fleeced Chicago. The fact Chicago drafted Markkanen is LOL. I am a huge Zach Lavine fan and am sad he was dealt but the wolves just became a top 5 WC team.

Lavine is going to be good, but wiggins and lavine are too similar. This was a great trade for Minnesota. If Minny doesn't make the playoffs this year, I'll punch a hole through my fuckin wall.
Per usual your take is spot on. The wolves next move is to get Kyle Lowry or Jrue Holiday since we finally got Pek's contract off the books.

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

capable_keL wrote:
GUCCI CONDOMS wrote:

Per usual your take is spot on. The wolves next move is to get Kyle Lowry or Jrue Holiday since we finally got Pek's contract off the books.
Word, I still say you try to move Rubio. Fuck his late season run, breh can't shoot a lick.