The Official 2017 NFL Season Thread

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

The Official 2017 NFL Season Thread

Post by capable_keL »

where's my people at??

Hey, by the way who's Curt?

GUCCI CONDOMS

Re: The Official 2017 NFL Season Thread

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

capable_keL wrote:where's my people at??

We in here.

Dallas gonna take the East, no question.

an-also

Post by an-also »

My sleeper for the superbowl. The Bengals.

:cas:

unclebengi

Post by unclebengi »

Bengals O Line is too shitty. I'll take the Chargers, Saints are another one.

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

Miami vs Bucs game postponed until week 11??? Wtf is Goodell thinking

alpha

Post by alpha »

Hurricane bro

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

alpha wrote:Hurricane bro
Yea of course, but why not play in another stadium? Now I have to deal with week 1 byes on my fantasy teams. Plus having Miami/Tampa players now play 16 games straight is a huge player safety concern.

an-also

Post by an-also »

an-also wrote:My sleeper for the superbowl. The Bengals.

well then.

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

Dallas was absolutely dominant last night

Ramen

Post by Ramen »

ric

Post by ric »

dalvin. fucking. cook.
thank you and goodnight ladies and gentlemen.
Last edited by ric on Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

ric wrote:dalvin. fucking. cook.
thank you and goodnight ladies and gentlemen.
this is only the beginning....

ric

Post by ric »

@kel

serious though mang. this dude plays at a tempo and with an attitude most of these pro rbs aren't with you know? that run game + that def. smells like good stuff mang.

DLG

Post by DLG »

Bradford ballin out too. Vikes look great.

Ramen

Post by Ramen »

DLG wrote:Bradford ballin out too. Vikes look great.
their next 3 games should be good.

@Pitt, vsTB, vs Det

DLG

Post by DLG »

I'm interested in seeing how well that Vikes O-line performs against better defenses.

ric, or anyone else, can you explain why there's such a deficit of O-line talent these days? especially coming out of college.

props to the cowboys and raiders for building such strong O-lines, but it seems like there are so many more teams that have miserable O-lines.

Particularly my giants and Seattle, just absolute cluster fucks of ineptitude.

Or is the defensive talent just on the rise?

alpha

Post by alpha »

It's all the spread offenses. Linemen don't develop skills that translate to NFL

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

That Watson TD run was pretty

ric

Post by ric »

alpha wrote:It's all the spread offenses. Linemen don't develop skills that translate to NFL
truth here for sure. there's a disconnect especially with the pressure on college coaches to win right? it's no longer a 'let's have a program to represent athletics' thing (if it ever was that not that I deserve to wax poetic about this) and then help our kids get to the next level. the attention is not on the details in most college programs. but look at saban. look at Peterson.

wall of text below
but also the proliferation of zone run and the idea that with zone run technique you don't need to invest in oline. and now that most nfl teams are heavy into the zone run shit they have put it on the back burner except for c and rg. lts still important but not as much as in other systems because they are running these oline concepts that try to mesh the two techniques (run and pass). but they've met with mixed success.

but look at the Seahawks. these guys are turning dline guys into oline cause it's cheap and they're motivated and they attack their assignment. they play musical chairs with their oline all season long. (and yeah their offense has problems getting going and that's partly because their wrs are not really guys who you have to respect like say a Julio Jones type (which is why they've been trying to draft big prototype wrs these past couple years (Norwood darboh etc))

now the zone thing is what most colleges are majoring in right? but the thing is their technique and assignments and calls are way easy (compared to the nfl) and they're doing other crazy things like rich rod has his line do all sorts of shit that's like what?

the downsides are obvious. dline can eat your fucking shit. but the upside to this arrangement is that defenses in general have not found any real satisfying answers to stop that fucking run game. and they still need to commit bodies to ensuring that the run game doesn't trounce their shit. which of course opens things up for the offense theoretically etc. and this run game produces consistent rbs with relatively small investments at the rb position. look at cj Anderson. who the fuck is cj Anderson? he's a guy who does what he's told and he tries to maximize the yards the oline and situation can get for him. that's it. I mean really. remember that rb battle in Denver? there was like 4 of the motherfuckers all rotating all getting like 4yds per carry and they were mostly young cheap rbs.

the zone run game is so fucking sweet that some years ago Sean Payton abandoned his other shit to change the foundations of the offense to incorporate this shit and it was the major part of their run game these past few years. Justin forsett was able to stay in the show for so long because he could zone with Seattle and then Baltimore started doing it. who the fuck is Isaiah Crowell? just another zone rb. not everybody is ap. not everybody is dalvin cook or todd Gurley. and the thing is with those backs they're even better because as long as they carry their assignments with the zone run principles they have all this other crazy talent like Gurley sees the play unfold before it has happened sometimes. it's nuts. and the rbs coming out of college have already had this foundation drilled into them. Derek Henry was insane at Alabama and his rookie year was excellent on a per touch basis because Tennessee is zoning (4.5 yds per carry on most other teams he's the #1 on talent level alone). with that quality oline I mean zeke is deep in the zone foundation but that oline gonna fucking make holes you know? that's a fucking scary combination. and a guy like dak grew up in that world and they changed the off for him and its fucking dope. 4 ints mang. I mean damn.

see back to the Seahawks for an example. one of the reasons I believe why it took Russell Wilson so long to ramp up into being a good qb is because at Wisconsin they always have an amazing oline and they run power like 65 times per game (they used to they've gone away from that in recent couple years) it's a totally different universe but at the same time it's not too different because he was a hand off boy for the first part of his Seahawks career and at some level he still is. he's no Peyton or raj. I mean we all know that. he can be dangerous but a lot of that is given to him by the off foundation.

let's not forget Peyton manning was throwing well below his own personal par his last sb winning season. they zone and play def for that chip and then Peytons own personal wisdom and mental skill set of course informs what they're building and what they're doing on field. I mean what'd Denver do the year after? nothing. I mean nobody said it was easy there's just a ton of advantages to gain from majoring in a run system where you don't need any sort of quality oline.

but then think about it like this: the zone run foundation has enabled Brock fucking osweiller to be in the show and have started games for nfl teams because at asu they mostly ran a cheap version of inside zone and didn't give a fuck about oline so he's used to that shit a bit you know?

ric

Post by ric »

continued

so really right now the overall trend is a race to the bottom of oline quality across the league although there are some teams who are bucking this trend like the cowboys obv and the Vikings invested in oline this past off season and the pats are on a whole nother level. the chargers maybe.

an-also

Post by an-also »

Damn Dalvin Cook goes down just like that.

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

an-also wrote:Damn Dalvin Cook goes down just like that.
Big hit to my fantasy team

Shit sucks

ric

Post by ric »

Fuck me. That's too bad really

Injuries on my fantasy dynasty team:
Allen Robinson ir
Dalvin Cook ir
Cory Coleman ir
Mariota injured hamstring
Michael Crabtree out with chest injury
Tyler eifert perpetually fucked dropped him.

I'm :owens: over here right now.

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

ric wrote:Fuck me. That's too bad really

Allen Robinson ir
Dalvin Cook ir
Cory Coleman ir

I lost cook and chris carson is the same damn day

#feelsbad :owens:

Edit: lol I drafted eifert as my TE1 as well, dropped his ass. Fuckin piece of glass

the dead poet

Post by the dead poet »

just lost a 6 game parlay with that fucking fumble td and the end of monday night game.
http://www.soundcloud.com/rafael-jesus-martinez" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Ramen

Post by Ramen »

ric wrote:Fuck me. That's too bad really

Allen Robinson ir
Dalvin Cook ir
Cory Coleman ir

please stop playing fantasy football, your bad luck is ruining the actual league.

ric

Post by ric »

@ramen
Serious tho

ric

Post by ric »

Big bizzle:
Maybe I don't have it anymore.

Say what? While I applaud dudes sense of intellectual honesty I'm not quite sure the heroic Ben roethlisberger would really be saying shit like that and putting his face in trash. But you know life is a big thing though.... So we'll see.

DLG

Post by DLG »

McAdoo's JNCO sweats are the key to a victorious day for the Giants

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

At least Godgers got to smack down Dallas one last time before he exits the stage. Barr did the discount double check when Aaron was barking about a late hit. If QBs want to run outside the pocket they should expect to get hit.