The Official 2017 NFL Season Thread

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

unclebengi

Re: The Official 2017 NFL Season Thread

Post by unclebengi »

Good points, I just think Cam has the best weapons he's ever had and no one realizes it because Olsen just came back a few weeks ago. Funchess is a legit #1 who frees up Olsen over the middle and while McCaffery and Stewart aren't Ingram and Kamara, Cam makes things easier for everyone and they're playing their best ball of the year. Games tmrw are obviously key though. Saints will be tough to beat at home in the playoffs.

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

4 page banger! Too bad we lost Gucci.

RIP Dallas
Hey, by the way who's Curt?

ric

Post by ric »

Arians retires. Guy went out a two time superbowl champion and one of the sweetest dudes to coach the game. He leaves the cardinals a much better team than he inherited especially on the defensive side of the ball

RIP to the gawd

ric

Post by ric »

Caldwell fired. great quote from ESPN article to sum up the state of the lions franchise
Caldwell's winning percentage of .563 was the highest of any permanent coach who led the Lions for more than one season since Buddy Parker had a 47-23-2 record and .671 winning percentage from 1951 to 1956.
So let's just fire the second winningest coach in franchise history because of a 9-7 season.

I'm saying...sumlin is lurking around the NFL somewhere ready to pop up

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

capable_keL wrote:4 page banger! Too bad we lost Gucci.

RIP Dallas
Shits rough but we both know that if Dallas had big Zeke the whole season they would def be in the playoffs right now.

The AFC playoff field is the weakest I've seen in recent memory. Shit is pretty embarrassing for the NFL.

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

ric wrote:Caldwell fired. great quote from ESPN article to sum up the state of the lions franchise
Caldwell's winning percentage of .563 was the highest of any permanent coach who led the Lions for more than one season since Buddy Parker had a 47-23-2 record and .671 winning percentage from 1951 to 1956.
So let's just fire the second winningest coach in franchise history because of a 9-7 season.

I'm saying...sumlin is lurking around the NFL somewhere ready to pop up
The all time winning percentage Stat doesn't mean much considering the franchise we're talking about here. Bottom line is Caldwell is not a nfl level head coach. There's no ifs ands or buts about that fact.

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

GUCCI CONDOMS wrote:

RIP Dallas
Shits rough but we both know that if Dallas had big Zeke the whole season they would def be in the playoffs right now.

The AFC playoff field is the weakest I've seen in recent memory. Shit is pretty embarrassing for the NFL.
2016 was the year for the Cowboys: Dak was still effective, Zeke wasn't abusing girls, home field, #1 seed. How TF did you lose to the ratty Packers?

Are you rooting for Philly to win it all? East pride?

The AFC is not weak at all. The Steelers, Patriots, Jags could beat anyone in the NFC

alpha

Post by alpha »

No one has anything to say about Chucky going back to the Raiders? I’m worried especially if he has too much power over personnel and forces to McKenzie out

ric

Post by ric »

if gruden succeeds you have to wonder how difficult being an nfl head coach can possibly be. at least for a year

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

alpha wrote:No one has anything to say about Chucky going back to the Raiders? I’m worried especially if he has too much power over personnel and forces to McKenzie out
If Carr can't succeed under chucky's guidance then he's just simply not good

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

capable_keL wrote:
GUCCI CONDOMS wrote:

RIP Dallas

2016 was the year for the Cowboys: Dak was still effective, Zeke wasn't abusing girls, home field, #1 seed. How TF did you lose to the ratty Packers?

Are you rooting for Philly to win it all? East pride?

The AFC is not weak at all. The Steelers, Patriots, Jags could beat anyone in the NFC
Dallas had that game won, they lost because of Godgers manufacturing one of the greatest game winning drives in nfl playoffs history.

Fuck the iggles, foles is nothing without chip Kelly's offensive scheme

Afc is extremely top heavy, tenn and buff being in the playoffs is a complete joke.

ric

Post by ric »

future of the seahawks; the talk around here is of the secondary breaking up (kam sherm earl (shaq griffin came a long way and has mad potential)). now in my opinion this doesnt happen if the offense runs well. but o shit guess what it doesnt. this offensive system couldnt make use of jimmy fucking graham (or alex collins or not really young darboh nor kevin norwood and barely tyler lockett who lets be honest gets a lot of his shine as a return man). grahams best statistical year here was his worst in nor and his catch rate went down because russell was forcing the ball to him as some last ditch shit which he was constantly constantly doing for a variety of reasons and the woes of the oline werent even that prominent in russells desire to force the ball to jimmy graham. its almost like they got this guy just to get him and then when they had him they had no real good ideas how to incorporate them into their shit. for 3 years.
jimmy graham career stats: https://www.pro-football-reference.com/ ... ahJi00.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

49ers: not 100% sold on garropolo(?sp). not 100% sold on shanahan jr but by rule i believe you gotta give this guy a couple years at least before real judgement can set in especially since hes coming off such nutty coaching fallout since harbaugh got axed. its amazing to me that the same basic template for the zone shit has been working since the early 90s. i mean its so weird. goodwin has been playing pretty well and i feel like hes playing above himself a little bit and i think hes got to do that for another year before i really feel solid about the guy (like who the fuck am i tho lulz). interestingly goodwin is yet another wr who was on the bills who went somewhere else to find success. franchise is lucky as hell that they drafted carlos hyde though.

rams: love this shit. let the record once again reflect that to my knowledge i am the only person on the planet who said the rams were gonna be good. or even had the chance of being good. so fuck yes. serious though. toddamus is the bomb. along with goodwin 2 wrs in woods and watkins who went somewhere to find success and really considering the quality of both of them especially watkins you almost have to wonder what kind of organizational leprosy is infecting the bills. not only do they have toddamus gurley 2 though they are teaching their oline how to play some fucking ball which is huge deal in this league. but that d though. cray cray. inherited a real nice set of players and made something wade-tastic out of it. really curious to see how this franchise progresses into season 2 of the mcvay era.

cardinals: arians gone. suck but fine. they built the d up. that d is full of sick motherfuckers. which is ultimately arians legacy. the recognition that def is the most important thing to build for giving most teams the chance of future success. if this offense didnt have the qb injuries i mean this shit is still rolling. 4th in the league in def yards per play. 6th in total yards. this despite an offense led by a journeyman backup that arians rescued from obscurity and a carousel of rbs. the ds problem appears to be giving up big plays. but thats prolly a combination of style and youth. this next coaching position change is going to be critical for them though. they cannot fuck this up in my opinion. if they want be viable in the coming 5 or so years. theyve got some shit to build off. arians developed his people. and of course fitzgerald is still around which is incalculable for the next regime. but theyve got to be wise right here and in this draft. either theyre gonna build or theyre gonna go qb. and of course that depends on the coaching situation.

ric

Post by ric »

im not gonna be around for the superbowl but go steel. weak division (conference) or no 13-3 is still 13-3.

im hoping for a vikes steel superbowl as i think the vikings are maybe the best most wisely built and coached team in the league 2nd to patriots at this point.
my greatest hopes are that the vikings coaching staff is not broken up and that toddamus gurley 2 aka little julius aka big caeser gurleyus maximus II aka god body rb just dominates everything and everybody. and of course another tomlin era superbowl. if the steel can win the superbowl i feel like bens demons will be exorcised and hell be able to retire in peace.

anyway maybe ill be watching the superbowl and maybe some of the playoffs. peace bros.

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

ric wrote:anyway maybe ill be watching the superbowl and maybe some of the playoffs. peace bros.
Where are you going, bro? :sad:

alpha

Post by alpha »

This patriots story tho :lol:

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

alpha wrote:This patriots story tho :lol:
All jokes aside, trading Jimmy G was a mistake...

alpha

Post by alpha »

That article was long. They shouldn’t have traded him but Brady got his way.

Ric is traveling btw. That was his thread in p and b said

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

GUCCI CONDOMS wrote:
alpha wrote:This patriots story tho :lol:
All jokes aside, trading Jimmy G was a mistake...
Terrible trade and the Patriots got no return on investment. Jimmy G is such a G tho

an-also

Post by an-also »

Steelers Vikings Super Bowl. Vikings win it all on home soil/artificial turf. Congrats Kel.

unclebengi

Post by unclebengi »

Agreed

gusty wingers

Post by gusty wingers »

Rams/Pats rematch, Rams win
Bury me with the Sergio Tacchini on

gusty wingers

Post by gusty wingers »

i was high when I wrote that... Vikings pats Vikings win

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

Atl was an amazing live dog last night. Great play.

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

The Rams were pretenders all year. Young coach, inexperienced quarterback can not handle an average playoff tested Atlanta squad. LA needed to feed Gurley last night and control the clock. Atlanta took control of that game and won the battle in the trenches. Freeman gashed that ass in the second half.

Saints/Patriots play in Minneapolis for it all

gusty wingers

Post by gusty wingers »

I would really enjoy a Falcons Vikings matchup... Don't really see it any other way

unbelievable dickhead

Post by unbelievable dickhead »

feel like whoever wins Saints v Vikings will just get past ATL as NFC champ

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

capable_keL wrote:Saints/Patriots play in Minneapolis for it all
No confidence in your squad, bro?

an-also

Post by an-also »

Seeing the saints offender vs this Vikings Defense is going to be great.

DLG

Post by DLG »

If Brees continues to sling it like last night, no one's going to stop them. Especially if the running game picks up.

I think Atlanta is lowkey better this year than last. Lots of their young players are much better now, their defense is way better now I think. I think they beat Philadelphia.

I'm want the Vikes to win it all, but I can't have much confidence in Keenum in the playoffs, just like Goff. Hopefully he balls out though.

Blake Bortles is such a terrible quarterback.

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

GUCCI CONDOMS wrote:
capable_keL wrote:Saints/Patriots play in Minneapolis for it all
No confidence in your squad, bro?
I've seen this movie before bro. I've accepted the universe won't allow a Vikings NFCCG game victory so I'm just happy to be here

:owens: