The Official 2017 NFL Season Thread

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

ric

Re: The Official 2017 NFL Season Thread

Post by ric »

@dlg
Well said

In re Seahawks eagles snf
What this game shows is that earl Thomas is the real king of the d. Seahawks are starting guys other teams cut at dB right now and lesser guys who have been in the system long enough to play hard and as long as earl is there to cover like a 35 yd diameter just let the front 7 do what they need to do.

DLG

Post by DLG »

love the Seahawks, great leaders on that team, lesser squads would have thrown in the towel with all those injuries.

Russ is more of an MVP than Wentz imo. Last night was the start of the Eagles getting exposed.

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

DLG wrote:love the Seahawks, great leaders on that team, lesser squads would have thrown in the towel with all those injuries.

Russ is more of an MVP than Wentz imo. Last night was the start of the Eagles getting exposed.
Wentz did make some incredible throws on their lone TD scoring drive last night tho

ric

Post by ric »

Wentz did make some throws. My dudes and I went to the game. Went like :ohsh: several times. We all make bold predictions for the games. My prediction was eagles D 9 sacks. Any qb other than Russell that's a reality but he's a squirrely mf

In re nyg
Mcadoo out Reese out
In my opinion Reese ought to have been out some time ago. I can respect that the organization gave dude time. But so much middling bs can only take you so far

gusty wingers

Post by gusty wingers »

holy crap this steelers d is so bad...
Bury me with the Sergio Tacchini on

the dead poet

Post by the dead poet »

JuJu laying fools out. The Somoan Hines Ward.
http://www.soundcloud.com/rafael-jesus-martinez" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

gusty wingers

Post by gusty wingers »

great comeback win for the kid that got hurt tonight... but id be lying if I said I wouldn't bet everything I own on the pats moneyline if they play in the playoffs...

DLG

Post by DLG »

I love that the Steelers and Bengals hate each other so much, but the amount of dirty shit going down and injuries just isn't a good luck. I'd rather they just brawl at the end

DLG

Post by DLG »

I'm rooting for Caserio-McDaniels for the Giants.

McDaniels grooming a new QB with OBJ, Sheppard and Engram catching passes? yes, please.

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

DLG wrote:I'm rooting for Caserio-McDaniels for the Giants.

McDaniels grooming a new QB with OBJ, Sheppard and Engram catching passes? yes, please.
McDaniels does not have the temperament to be a successful head coach in the NFL

How soon we forget his laughably disastrous tenure in Denver. Also, just this week, Brady absolutely sonned McDaniels on the sideline. You ever see Brady speak to Bellichick like that? Nah, didn't think so...

gusty wingers

Post by gusty wingers »

Ehh he also talked to Bill o'brien like that and Bill o' would whoop the dog shit out of him... but I agree with you on Mcdaniels... never liked him outside of the coordinator role... the scope of what you need to be a good manager and all of the moving parts and delegating responsibility is too big for him... he is better in a very minute defined role... under somebody else he is very good... he does not have HC experience and is too thick headed to accept the words of people that know what they're doing

ric

Post by ric »

Brady talking to any oc in any way makes sense because that's clearly where the team dynamic for the pats is right now and the value system over there is probably like 'yeah well its Bradys team'. Peyton got the same privileges at indy and den prolly but he prolly capped himself for kubiak

Retrospectively it seemed to me that the reason why McDaniels was hated in Denver was because he didn't understand the moves and postures the front office required to get the personnel he wanted (ie more control) and he didn't have value system alignment from the coaching staff and therefore the players on the def side of the ball which is half the team. Remember the offense was like 'yes sir' basically from the get go which helped him to cultivate a Kyle Orton bonanza but dude went through like 6 def coordinators and basically stopped because 6 is a lot.

The other thing is it took what? Like 3 yrs to build Orton into the qb the system needed. And that is at city who had superbowls and was all patient and religious and shit chilling out in the rockies. Does anybody think the nyfg fans are willing to wait for more than 4 games before they start calling for McDaniels job and endless hoodie-mcdaniels comparisons inevitably doom any season that's not 13-3?

And I'll just voice this opinion here. As much as I love mcdaniels Obrien is just flat out a better coach. Better coordinator. Prolly better hc.

gusty wingers

Post by gusty wingers »

I'll just throw it out there for the sake of obnoxiousness... Gruden stepping down (will NEVER happen, I know) and coaching against his brother twice a season in the nfc east would be a lot of fun to watch and probably ultimately really good for the division and the growth of both teams...

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

ric wrote:Brady talking to any oc in any way makes sense because that's clearly where the team dynamic for the pats is right now and the value system over there is probably like 'yeah well its Bradys team'. Peyton got the same privileges at indy and den prolly but he prolly capped himself for kubiak

Retrospectively it seemed to me that the reason why McDaniels was hated in Denver was because he didn't understand the moves and postures the front office required to get the personnel he wanted (ie more control) and he didn't have value system alignment from the coaching staff and therefore the players on the def side of the ball which is half the team. Remember the offense was like 'yes sir' basically from the get go which helped him to cultivate a Kyle Orton bonanza but dude went through like 6 def coordinators and basically stopped because 6 is a lot.

The other thing is it took what? Like 3 yrs to build Orton into the qb the system needed. And that is at city who had superbowls and was all patient and religious and shit chilling out in the rockies. Does anybody think the nyfg fans are willing to wait for more than 4 games before they start calling for McDaniels job and endless hoodie-mcdaniels comparisons inevitably doom any season that's not 13-3?

And I'll just voice this opinion here. As much as I love mcdaniels Obrien is just flat out a better coach. Better coordinator. Prolly better hc.
Obrien is a Damm good head coach. What he's done in Hou with having absolutely no qb (outside of the short period of time with Watson) has been nothing short of remarkable. However, now I know he isn't the gm, but I still have to question how he ever allowed the osweiler signing to happen, that seriously could be one of the worst contracts of all time.

DLG

Post by DLG »

McDaniels was really young in Denver, I'm guessing he learned a lot from that. Isn't the general consensus that he's being groomed by the hoodie to take over eventually?

I feel like I'd rather have a young, offensive-minded guy bring in some creativity, considering how much firepower the Giants already have, than someone like Mike Smith who seems to be past his prime, hasn't done much lately, but is someone in the conversation as one of the most likely options.

who do you guys think would be a good fit in new york?

ric

Post by ric »

@dlg
The gawd hood prolly holding the secrets in a nuclear powered safe

I see pat shurmur current vikes oc as the guy. This dude is making case keenum look good. If I were shurmur I wouldn't move but it's the NFL. I mean they're gonna hire somebody who's already in the league. Would love it if they hired Kevin sumlin (former A&M hc) as oc or hc though. Also in my opinion get spagnuolo out. They have a weird loyalty thing for him.

Jim Schwartz prolly 2nd choice but then the question is who will be oc?

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

ric wrote:@dlg
The gawd hood prolly holding the secrets in a nuclear powered safe

I see pat shurmur current vikes oc as the guy. This dude is making case keenum look good. If I were shurmur I wouldn't move but it's the NFL. I mean they're gonna hire somebody who's already in the league. Would love it if they hired Kevin sumlin (former A&M hc) as oc or hc though. Also in my opinion get spagnuolo out. They have a weird loyalty thing for him.

Jim Schwartz prolly 2nd choice but then the question is who will be oc?
Really good call on pat shurmur, he's done an outstanding job in Minny.

DLG

Post by DLG »

I wouldn't be mad at George Edwards either, Vikes defense is as legit as it gets.

gusty wingers

Post by gusty wingers »

I would fucking LOVE George Edwards... Start playing some physical football again

ric

Post by ric »

In re nyg d
Yeah. In my opinion build def first. Sumlin as oc. Def hc. DC is somebody who hc brings along to grow. All 3 of these guys grow and learn together. And new gm and hc develop that relationship. The trick is to get sumlin to chill and not pursue an hc job yr 1 or 2. But if he does then pull somebody else from the college ranks. Why not Kingsbury? Just my opinion on this unlikely scenario.

Of course if sumlin were chosen I'd like be it.

gusty wingers

Post by gusty wingers »

Baltimore money line +235... I think we see this passing offense on display tonight

gusty wingers

Post by gusty wingers »

caught a live steelers line +300 and +275 to basically break even... crazy game

DLG

Post by DLG »

Feel bad for Wentz. Can Foles carry them?

Steelers need to fix the D, Brady's going to light them up.

gusty wingers

Post by gusty wingers »

Are you ready for some foootballllllllllll?!?!?!

gusty wingers

Post by gusty wingers »

that kid alex Collins is big time... hell of a weapon

ric

Post by ric »

alex collins is dope. at arkansas they called him little beast mode. so he was actually drafted by seattle right? ok so i draft this guy in my dynasty league because very high ceiling etc. i sit on this mf for 2 yrs. the seahawks gave him a shot but he doesnt look good and hes a fumble beast so i let him go cause i figure 'ok with this shitty oline and this rb carousel no one is picking up this guy and if he does well ill be on the lookout and scrape him up'. then they release him and im like 'too bad guy is prolly busted out of the league' the next thing you know hes tearing it up in baltimore and my dude picked him up before i could. fucking life man. i did something similar with jamaal williams this year. suck.

ric

Post by ric »

Just heard about Bradys tb12 no sunburn thing. Lulz. Did some googling. Read some comments. Allow me to share one I think is hilariously on point
Drink less, or no, alcohol. Don’t do drugs.
Eat more vegetables. Avoid sugars.
Stretch and exercise regularly. Don’t not stretch or exercise regularly.
Bide your time until the person ahead of you on the depth chart gets injured. Have a Hall of Fame coach guiding the offense you run.
$200 plz

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

Put your money on the Saints boys!
Hey, by the way who's Curt?

unclebengi

Post by unclebengi »

The Patriots are obviously overwhelming favorites, but the two teams that really intrigue me are the Panthers and the Vikings. They have great defenses and versatile offenses and they are both healthy.

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

Cam is too inconsistent for me to put the Panthers above the Saints or even the Rams. However, you are right about that Carolina defense but all the NFC teams have very good defensive squads.

It will come down to offensive efficiency and turnovers.
Hey, by the way who's Curt?