The Official 2017 NFL Season Thread

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

GUCCI CONDOMS

Re: The Official 2017 NFL Season Thread

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

So, do the Packers give Romo a call?

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

When you have had multiple broken backs like Romo has, you don't want to risk your ability to walk in the future behind the Green Bay offensive line.

kaep was the only logical answer but he decided to sue the entire league today
Hey, by the way who's Curt?

DLG

Post by DLG »

packers hardly ever look get free agents generally, there's no way the'll sign someone outside the organization. they are very much a "trust our scouts and system" kind of team.

If this was a really strong, playoff caliber team without Rodgers then maybe they'd consider it, but realistically, it's not.

an-also

Post by an-also »

The biggest kicker with Rodgers going down is that the league as a whole doesn't look that strong this year. So we had as good a shot as anybody to win it this year. We're gonna roll with Hundley but I don't expect much. Rodgers was doing a lot to mask the weakness of the team. I'm not sure if we can be even a .500 team.

Vikings on the other hand can handle a qb carousel. That team is so solidly built on defense that they will keep them in the game no matter how poorly the offense is playing. I don't even think their offense is that bad. They should win this division easily now. Lions have no O-Line. Bears are the bears. And we have no Rodgers.
Last edited by an-also on Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

an-also

Post by an-also »

capable_keL wrote:Barr did the discount double check when Aaron was barking about a late hit. If QBs want to run outside the pocket they should expect to get hit.
I don't think it was a dirty hit at all. Just bad luck. Congrats on winning the division.

an-also

Post by an-also »

capable_keL wrote:kaep was the only logical answer but he decided to sue the entire league today
he would have been interesting for sure. But i'm not sure MM can handle his style. McCarthy is a solid coach but i'm not sure how adaptable he is with strategies.

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

an-also wrote:
capable_keL wrote:kaep was the only logical answer but he decided to sue the entire league today
he would have been interesting for sure. But i'm not sure MM can handle his style. McCarthy is a solid coach but i'm not sure how adaptable he is with strategies.
Would you be opposed to bringing in Romo?

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

an-also wrote:The biggest kicker with Rodgers going down is that the league as a whole doesn't look that strong this year. So we had as good a shot as anybody to win it this year. We're gonna roll with Hundley but I don't expect much. Rodgers was doing a lot to mask the weakness of the team. I'm not sure if we can be even a .500 team.

Vikings on the other hand can handle a qb carousel. That team is so solidly built on defense that they will keep them in the game no matter how poorly the offense is playing. I don't even think their offense is that bad. They should win this division easily now. Lions have no O-Line. Bears are the bears. And we have no Rodgers.
my fault fam...i felt awful for my green and gold bros

DLG

Post by DLG »

GUCCI CONDOMS wrote:
an-also wrote:
Would you be opposed to bringing in Romo?
Romo doesn't want to play and risk becoming a cripple. He's killing it in the booth too.

ric

Post by ric »

an-also wrote: Vikings on the other hand can handle a qb carousel. That team is so solidly built on defense that they will keep them in the game no matter how poorly the offense is playing. I don't even think their offense is that bad.
Completely agree.

ric

Post by ric »

just wanted to come in here and comment on the whole "young nfl players arent prepared enough to play at the nfl level" bullshit. because ive been hearing this shit all fucking season and its a fucking pain in the ass. especially because now that claim has been pointed at qbs rbs wrs dbs lbs dline and every fucking position on the field generally aside from the original oline claim. shit is so fucking weak.

i cant tell if this shit has been something the nfl has been promoting in an attempt to curry favor with fans because their ratings numbers have been down (our league is magical -> the college league is the problem)
OR if it is just some shit the news motherfuckers thought up because people will buy it and it sells and it allows them an endless series of 'ineptitude' stories (as if they knew what the fuck they were talking about anyway (but of course if you buy it it sets the news people up as knowledgable (lulz)))

SO HERE IS WHAT I SAID EARLIER IN THREAD this is a big long thing about zone running because i was hearing all this shit in re oline is not pro ready etc etc. now to give this some context for where im at and where im going here in this post: the zone run situation is apropos because it is about the RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN COACHING/MANAGEMENT AND PLAYERS which is then put through a process which manifests itself into the onfield product:
but also the proliferation of zone run and the idea that with zone run technique you don't need to invest in oline. and now that most nfl teams are heavy into the zone run shit they have put it on the back burner except for c and rg. lts still important but not as much as in other systems because they are running these oline concepts that try to mesh the two techniques (run and pass). but they've met with mixed success.
-but look at the Seahawks. these guys are turning dline guys into oline cause it's cheap and they're motivated and they attack their assignment. they play musical chairs with their oline all season long. (and yeah their offense has problems getting going and that's partly because their wrs are not really guys who you have to respect like say a Julio Jones type (which is why they've been trying to draft big prototype wrs these past couple years (Norwood darboh etc))
-now the zone thing is what most colleges are majoring in right? but the thing is their technique and assignments and calls are way easy (compared to the nfl) and they're doing other crazy things like rich rod has his line do all sorts of shit that's like what?
-the downsides are obvious. dline can eat your fucking shit. but the upside to this arrangement is that defenses in general have not found any real satisfying answers to stop that fucking run game. and they still need to commit bodies to ensuring that the run game doesn't trounce their shit. which of course opens things up for the offense theoretically etc. and this run game produces consistent rbs with relatively small investments at the rb position. look at cj Anderson. who the fuck is cj Anderson? he's a guy who does what he's told and he tries to maximize the yards the oline and situation can get for him. that's it. I mean really. remember that rb battle in Denver? there was like 4 of the motherfuckers all rotating all getting like 4yds per carry and they were mostly young cheap rbs.
-the zone run game is so fucking sweet that some years ago Sean Payton abandoned his other shit to change the foundations of the offense to incorporate this shit and it was the major part of their run game these past few years. Justin forsett was able to stay in the show for so long because he could zone with Seattle and then Baltimore started doing it. who the fuck is Isaiah Crowell? just another zone rb. not everybody is ap. not everybody is dalvin cook or todd Gurley. and the thing is with those backs they're even better because as long as they carry their assignments with the zone run principles they have all this other crazy talent like Gurley sees the play unfold before it has happened sometimes. it's nuts. and the rbs coming out of college have already had this foundation drilled into them. Derek Henry was insane at Alabama and his rookie year was excellent on a per touch basis because Tennessee is zoning (4.5 yds per carry on most other teams he's the #1 on talent level alone). with that quality oline I mean zeke is deep in the zone foundation but that oline gonna fucking make holes you know? that's a fucking scary combination. and a guy like dak grew up in that world and they changed the off for him and its fucking dope. 4 ints mang. I mean damn.
-see back to the Seahawks for an example. one of the reasons I believe why it took Russell Wilson so long to ramp up into being a good qb is because at Wisconsin they always have an amazing oline and they run power like 65 times per game (they used to they've gone away from that in recent couple years) it's a totally different universe but at the same time it's not too different because he was a hand off boy for the first part of his Seahawks career and at some level he still is. he's no Peyton or raj. I mean we all know that. he can be dangerous but a lot of that is given to him by the off foundation.
-let's not forget Peyton manning was throwing well below his own personal par his last sb winning season. they zone and play def for that chip and then Peytons own personal wisdom and mental skill set of course informs what they're building and what they're doing on field. I mean what'd Denver do the year after? nothing. I mean nobody said it was easy there's just a ton of advantages to gain from majoring in a run system where you don't need any sort of quality oline.
-but then think about it like this: the zone run foundation has enabled Brock fucking osweiller to be in the show and have started games for nfl teams because at asu they mostly ran a cheap version of inside zone and didn't give a fuck about oline so he's used to that shit a bit you know?
now here are my current and expanded thoughts on the subject:
the nfl has been going through a time of great upheaval once teams not only started to zone but once they started dabbling in the benefits of zoning and trying to port over what the college teams were doing. again lets look at this through the lens of coaches/management relatoinship to players and the process that manifests itself as onfield results and performance.

lets go through some history to get to where we are now:

A) teams like carolina had success once they bumped mike shula of all people up to off coordinator (it is his 5th season currently) and when that team is playing well they are a perennial playoff team. and remember their run game has a lot to it because they are using option shit they are using spread shit and cam has the physique to last and be effective but he had the college grooming to run this sweet shit. but not many teams are willing to use their qbs like that right? but some of that shit is so effective theyve all dabbled with this shit. remember when post surgery manning ran that read option 2 yds for td gm 1 or 2 of the season? russell wilson and the seahawks were heavy on this shit until carroll and co decided they didnt want to fuck with russells health. kaepernick 49 would kill people with this shit in 50 yd chunks and they were doing some spread stuff but really they just had a large multiple play multiple formation run game and a qb that could run like a gazelle and throw bullets. alex smith is still running the option at kc every game or so.

enter chip kelly. at the beginning that philly run game was insane. vick himself was never more effective on a per-rush basis in his whole nfl career. which is saying a lot because remember vick with the falcons; they were zoning in the most hardcore non-option zone package in the game before the shit started to proliferate to basically every team. and really it starts to proliferate to every team partly because vicks success (lets not forget in those post-prison interviews vick was literally saying shit like 'i never ever studied anything off field' (when every other qb was losing sleep etc) i mean really youd be hard pressed to invent better advertising for how dominant this shit is. now chip wasnt so focused on the zone run game as to exclude other plays but he was still running a bunch of inside and outside zone and now theyre option running with the qb. but vick has problems with the pass game. so chip benches him. now theyre starting nick foles. essentially a nobody who happens to have played in a college system similar to chips then-current nfl system. it takes the newly helmed mid-season transitioned foles-eagles 3 games to start putting up 350+ yds per game passing and 100+ running. at whatever pts per game that amounted to. like 30+ pts per game. and foles runs like a 6.1 40 yd dash. so the eagles would run with foles but not a lot. after the season the rest of the league would start to steal this shit and incorporate it into their own offenses to varying degrees. some teams are stealing from chip directly some are just going to the college game but however you look at it there was a landslide of nfl teams that went really really hard towards the spread zone option type shit. with qb run or without qb run.

it also drew the serious attention of every nfl defensive coach. then what seems to have happened was that the nfl and the college defensive coaches would have some serious heart to heart post season discussions. the outcome of all this knowledge trading would help both college ds and pro ds deal with the new offensive scourge.

now chip kelly himself would fade into the ether. who knows ultimately the whole comprehensive explanation for why this happened but i have some points that id like to posit here (for the tired reader this is the last bit dedicated to chip kelly):
1) he only got one yr with 49 after possibly alienating the entire (or at least key figures inside the) philly organization somehow after only one losing season if i remember correctly
2A) the offense morphed into something that was essentially ineffective because it was predicated too much on speed and execution rather than multiplicity and an assortment of tactics that is large enough to be effective inasfar as a huge part of defense is lack of knowledge of what the offense is going to next. the best example is that when the eagles played the seahawks (eagles got like 70 total yds through 4th qtr) - after the game lb bobby wagner said somewhere public that they knew what plays the eagles were going to run by alignment. and a defense that is tipped to the play has a huge advantage every time (malzahn would run into this problem a year or two after everyone realized they were running the same play like 50 times per game). and i personally noted how the eagles were running mesh (shallow pass play) like 15 times per game. now chip was probably so caught up in the execution rabbit hole he didnt give enough weight to how making his shit easier for his players to execute with speed would also make it easier for defenses. and this probably holds true for the way he he viewed defense as well. consider that chip knew personnel pretty well partly because he recruited and played against these guys in college but doug pedersons first year as eagles hc the philly d was playing pretty damn well with minimal personnel changes (and of course the byron maxwell deal also seems to indicate some really weird thinking as to what motivates players (at this point i suspect maxwell was signed mostly because he had a super bowl ring and served on one of the fiercest units in the fiercest def in the league). so to me that says theres some weird thinking going on and it probably has to do with getting a guy who works hard to provide an example to others of how to work hard which also goes to point 3.
2B) the lack of efficacy raises questions about the quality of player training which is supposed to be superior because of all this new fangled phys ed science and repetition training etc. so the lack of execution in and of itself appears to cast suspicion on dudes entire way of doing things (hurry up practices, one-man army style defensive philosophy, speed is king on the field, etc etc etc)
2C) this lack of efficacy is especially pronounced because at the time the rest of the leagues offenses were trending towards way more points and yds using an approach and tactics chip essentially pioneered in the pro game.
2D) if you look at how philly and 49 were ineffective and why and you compare those same two years at the university of oregon (possibly chips main line to college ball) with a team full of physically superior players going 9-4 in 2015 and 4-8 in 2016. 4-8!!!!!!! i think its obvious dudes value system valued speed and execution more than guile and wit etc etc. (and now look at the kelly-tree; none of these guys are coaching at serious levels despite the fact that the stuff they built together is basically everywhere at some form)
3) its possible that he lost the locker room for both philly and 49 just like spurrier before him. whether this is justifiable or not is a question that would take more insight then any outsider will ever have.

but the irony here is that kyle shanahan would use a similar approach to build a superbowl contending offense (combined of course with the carroll-tree approach to def with hc dan quinn who only a couple years before was helming a top 3 def at university of florida). where the falcons would come out with an up-tempto well-rehearsed and tailored offense that would blaze people in the first half then go fairly stagnant in the second half just enough to hold on and win games (and in the case of the superbowl that offense just got plain shut down in second half and the pats offense went on a crazy run)

now lets look at today though. the new shit is all over the place in the nfl and college.

so ok. what helps to separate football from other sports? theres one game per week, 15-20 games per season, strategies that are often specially tailored to your opponents at both major and minor levels, individual play is usually thought to be intricately tied into every other individual on the team, dead ball periods to reset the action, weight training is a solid 50% of time spent by some players (arguably more). whats another way of looking at this? coaching systems shape player production and execution to a degree that is extreme when compared to other sports. and a superior system like a belichick style system can churn out a remarkable amount of productivity from players that an inferior system cannot. and part of competing in the league year in and year out is that a coach like belichick isnt afraid to grow and change from week to week and year to year right? and if he gives his players more opportunities to make judgment calls or reads etc etc etc then theres a qualitative shift in that relationship and the players and the coach have to navigate this both internally (ie managing the relationship) and externally (ie playing in games).

but now this new shit (and theres a fuckload of it in a huge variety of forms) is everywhere. i dont want to start couching things in these terms but the marketplace of ideas in football thinking right now is fertile as fuck. in large part because the new concepts can all be seen as alternatives to each other and they all offer some unique competitive advantage. but part of the makeup of the new concepts is that it seems like when you choose to major in them you necessarily lose efficacy in another concept. because thats how the production line works from week to week. now maybe this isnt new. maybe this is how its always been. and right now theres so much stuff out there that it feels more like a grab bag than it really is and:
A) coaches dont know how to make sense of this shit yet
B) defenses are much better at combating the new offensive stuff (at micro and macro levels) so the results look more muddy than they have in the previous few years
C) the football audience is not really apprised of all this shit and doesnt really know what theyre looking at, neither do the old hands (ie broadcasters) (although i hear that romo is like the greatest broadcaster ever and ive seen a game where greg mcelroy (alabama qb who fizzled out at nyj and maybe cle) actually did a very nice job of talking about what was happening on field albeit in vague terms)
D) personally i am more in favor blaming the stupidity of the broadcasters and production supervisors for their coverage of the games for the decline in ratings

im not entirely convinced that the on field nfl product is poor but i work 6 days per week with 5 doubles including sunday so i just cant speak on whats going on in the nfl right now. but lets operate under the presumption that the nfl is garbage:
my #1 gut feeling here is that just like a corporate job that asks its employees to do too much, coaches are asking players to do way way too much and do it all very very well so the coaches can incorporate whatever cool concept they want to whenever they want to; and the garbage product that we are supposedly looking at is more about players who were asked to master x concept tree in college come into the nfl and are not only asked to master a more difficult version of the x concept tree but also master concept trees klmn too. and its fucking hard. mentally. but this has more to do with the coaches not knowing player limits and also not being very adept at putting together concept families that are both conducive to player execution and competitive on field over time. and one of the tactics that appears to be going on is that nfl teams in particular are changing concept families every week. theyve always been notorious for this and that is supposedly a badge of honor for say successful nfl qbs, but it may be too fucking much at this point and the concept families may be poorly conceived especially when the young qbs they are dealing with are successful in college often times because of the simplicity of the system or the vast superiority of their teammates.

but just like real world. the bosses in a business push the employees to their limits to squeeze the productivity out of them. lets say that in general the employees cannot keep up. this is of course further justification to pay individuals less and force more employees to compete for a smaller pie or the same pie. and that is what appears to be the language issue in these nfl stories all season. i just read a book about the early days and formation of the army squad delta force (the supreme counter terrrorist badasses in the army). i dont remember the exact details but after delta is formed theres a colonel who wants to borrow the delta guys to do the following rescue mission: 2 guys helo jump from an airplane into the water where theyll swim to find their boat and land on the shore at night where theyll sneak to xyz place break and break into the building kill everybody rescue the hostage and then meet with the chopper to escape and fly to the border. the delta guys just walked out of the room and when dude pulled rank and asked why they were walking they said like 'look man all we gotta do is take a truck into the country pay somebody to do something that helps open the gate then rescue the hostage and drive a truck convoy back to the border.' and the lesson is theres always some blowhard colonel who has some amazing plan looking to get some reputation off your back. and doesnt that sound exactly like some nfl shit?

Ramen

Post by Ramen »

best TNF game ever

ric

Post by ric »

@ramen
Epic game really

ric

Post by ric »

Since when does a roughing the passer call negate a fucking interception? I mean really I can't watch this shit anymore. #ratingscrisis
camera angle change :bow: love it

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

Zeke is God

djjeffresh

Post by djjeffresh »

ric

Post by ric »

HAHAHAHAHA

DLG

Post by DLG »

live look at Gucci right now. You gonna pull through bro?

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

DLG wrote:live look at Gucci right now. You gonna pull through bro?

I'm not surprised they lost to ATL and Philly without Zeke, but I fully expect them to get W's vs the Chargers and Skins.

DLG

Post by DLG »

at least now you know for sure that Dak is a game manager who needs Zeke to look good.

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

DLG wrote:at least now you know for sure that Dak is a game manager who needs Zeke to look good.
Dak is gonna light it up tomorrow. Tyron smith is going to play.

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

Dallas is a long shot to even make the playoffs this year. Zeke should have taken the suspension early in the year and be a team guy.

Now Dak has been exposed, the defense is below average and last year's swagger is completely gone

DLG

Post by DLG »

case >>>>> dak

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

DLG wrote:case >>>>> dak
Meanwhile, keenum is playing with the best wr core in the NFL...

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

Eagles have only played 1 team with a winning record. The next 5 weeks will tell you a lot about these NFC teams.

DLG

Post by DLG »

GUCCI CONDOMS wrote:
DLG wrote:case >>>>> dak
Meanwhile, keenum is playing with the best wr core in the NFL...
:larry: :larry:

alpha

Post by alpha »

Re: McAdoo. I can’t think of a coach going out so shitty and quickly in one season. Last two 49er coaches come to mind, but they didn’t cone off like Giant pieces of shit.

DLG

Post by DLG »

When was the last time an organization did someone so dirty?

Hope Eli plays in Jacksonville next year.

gonna repost this from Facebook, because it about says it all
I have bled Blue since I was a child. My allegiance to the NYFBG has never wavered, through many lean times. I have watched mass ticket burnings in the parking lot, skywriting protesters, The Fumble. I have rooted for the jersey, the lower case ny, the GIANTS, in Yankee Stadium, the Yale Bowl, Shea Stadium, Giants Stadium, and Met Life. I have lived and died with this *team* through Allie Sherman, and Alex Webster, and Bill Arnsbarger, and John McVay, and Ray Perkins, and He Whose Name Shall Not Be Spoken. I was rewarded for my loyalty when Mr. Mara, Sr., finally agreed that "15 Years of Lousy Football" was enough, and hired George Young, Bill Parcells and a young Bill Belichick to restore some luster and glory to one of the NFL's founding franchises. I watched the *team* win Super Bowls in the '80s and the '90s with that brain trust and a roster full of Hall of Famers and All Pros. For the nearly two decades prior to my move to New Jersey, my NY license plate read: "11289TD."
With Tom Coughlin and Eli Manning at the helm, I watched the *team* win two more Super Bowls in the '00s, and the '10s, both over heavily favored Patriots teams. I watched Eli go 9-14/158, 2 TDs in the *4th quarter alone* in that first one, against an unbeaten and, most felt, unbeatable juggernaut led by Belichick and the greatest quarterback of all time. I watched Eli throw the prettiest, most perfect, most clutch pass ever thrown in a Super Bowl in that second one, dropping a 40-yard Mona Lisa right into Mario Manningham's arms with time running out from the shadow of his own end zone -- directly in front of Belichick, who had, during the preceding time out, exhorted his defense to MAKE Eli throw it to Manningham. It was gorgeous. I watched Eli lift the Lombardi Trophy twice, being named the championship game's Most Valuable Player on each occasion.

Of late, I have watched Mr. Mara, Junior, unceremoniously fire Tom Coughlin, the epitome of accountability for self, and character, and positive values, and gentlemanly class, and winning. I listened to Junior tout the need for a "new direction" as he hired a glorified coordinator in Coach Coughlin's stead, an unproven nobody who rode Aaron Rodgers' coattails in Green Bay to a head coaching position he obviously never deserved in the Meadowlands. I mean, really, how hard is it to be Aaron Rodgers’ “Quarterbacks Coach?” Does anyone think Ben McAdoo *made* Aaron Rodgers? What a joke. I have watched this “coach" cower to the bluster of punks like Odell Beckham, regularly throw players, including Eli, under the bus, and seemingly choose every wrong course possible to affirmatively destroy the fabric of the locker room, the cohesiveness of *team.*"

I have watched a bumbling General Manager -- who owes his continued seat in the GIANTS offices to Eli Manning and those two Lombardi Trophies -- fubar draft after draft, leaving the concededly aging and immobile face of the team without protection up front, or a running game to make play-action tenable.

And I have watched Eli ever remain the consummate teammate. I have watched him take vicious hit after vicious hit over 13 years, and get up, and continue to compete, and try his damnedest to lead his team to victory. I've seen him lead more 4th Quarter comebacks than I can count. I've seen him play his best in the most important do-or-die moments. I've never heard Eli blame a receiver who cut off his route and made him look "stupid," or his coach for calling a no-chance play in the first place. I've never seen Eli Manning skewering his linemen on the sidelines for the world to see. I've never heard Eli seek to divest responsibility for self. I've never heard Eli say an unkind or negative word about Reese, or McAdoo, or Erick Flowers, or any of his other paper mache "linemen." I have never heard Eli take the bait, that hanging curve ball interview opportunity to blast all that is so very wrong all around him. I've always heard Eli say that he will simply have to play better to give his team a better chance to win in the face of current adversities. I have never heard Eli Manning blame a fellow teammate, or management personnel, for the foundering, sinking ship that is the New York Giants of 2017 and, let's face it, the last several years. I have watched a humble, kind, generous, giving, self-deprecating gentleman comport himself with dignity and represent the New York Giants with pride and class.

Sure, I've seen Eli miss open receivers, and throw ducks, and hit shoelaces, and crossbars, and fans in the first row, and the numbers on the chests of opposing defensive backs. I've seen attempted passes inexplicably wind up behind his body, and I've cringed at WTF fumbles, as have all Giants fans now and again. The Iron Man is, still and after all, just a man. But, to those Giants "fans" who ridicule him, and have wished him gone, and probably rejoice in this day, I say, "You are obviously not a true fan of this team." You obviously don't remember the carousel that was Brown to Graham to Brown to Kanell to Brown to Kanell to Graham to Kanell to Graham to Collins to Palmer to Warner in the 11 years before Eli took over the starting job for good in 2005. In the 13 years since, one man has lined up behind center for this team, and you won't realize what that meant until he's gone. And, if you think that GENO F'ING SMITH and his 12-18 lifetime W-L record truly gives the garbage that is this team "the best chance to win" any of its remaining five games, you're delusional.

In over 50 years of steadfast fandom, I have endured the ugly, and rejoiced more times at the top of the mountain than fans of innumerable other teams can only dream of. I have never been one to exalt player over team. But I have also never been more ashamed of John Mara and this team's management than I am today. Today, I exalt Eli. Like Coach Coughlin before him, he deserved better than this. I hope he finds himself reunited with his old coach in Jacksonville next year, with its stud OL, and its Pro Bowl running back, and its championship caliber defense. I hope Eli returns to Met Life in Teal and Gold and torches the Giants in their own house, his house, en route to one more Super Bowl championship. Because, lord knows, the Giants aren't sniffing another one for quite a while.

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

Dirty play on Eli. Geno Smith? what is this supposed to accomplish?

Adam Theilen >>> Odell Beckham

DLG

Post by DLG »

[quote="capable_keL"]Dirty play on Eli. Geno Smith? what is this supposed to accomplish?
/quote]

it's a desperate coach trying to do anything he can to save his job, even though he should have been fired after the SF loss.

or maybe he's auditioning for a new job as a qb coach, wants to show that he can work with shitty qbs?

he's been throwing Eli under the bus all year. the only reason he's coach is because Eli vouched for him because he wanted continuity and didn't want to have to learn a new system at 35, but that was obviously a horrible decision because the guy is obviously a hack with the absolute worst offensive scheme I've ever seen. He basically made a career on being lucky enough to have Rodgers as his QB making him look like an offensive guru, which he's obviously far from being.