2017 NBA Season Thread

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

2017 NBA Season Thread

Post by capable_keL »

...and there goes Gordan Hayward

Hey, by the way who's Curt?

Blockhead
I made Daylight, yo!

Re: 2017 NBA Season Thread

Post by Blockhead »

Shit is so brutal.
Also, So psyched Ball is back I'm in a hotel in Berlin watching stat tracker at 6:30 am.

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

capable_keL wrote:...and there goes Gordan Hayward

Fuckin brutal

Could be done for the season

djjeffresh

Post by djjeffresh »

alpha

Post by alpha »

Sixers and bucks are league mvps.
Despite the dubs dominance, this will be an exciting year for sure.
Also I hope Lonzo breaks his leg too.

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

Lonzo and Rubio looking like hot garbage.

alpha

Post by alpha »

Who cares if Fultz might be a bust. Simmons and Embid are freaks.

Blockhead
I made Daylight, yo!

Post by Blockhead »

Simmons and Giannis coming in , during the age of the 3 pointer , and dominating will pretty much only lay ups and passing is awesome

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

alpha wrote:Who cares if Fultz might be a bust. Simmons and Embid are freaks.
despite Noel/Okafor and a few bumps, philly has done one of the best rebuilds in history. Hopefully Embid can hold up. The guy is so big and moves like a guard

Blockhead
I made Daylight, yo!

Post by Blockhead »

When is the last time there were so many impactful rookies in one season? This is nuts.
Simmons
Tatum
Collins
Mitchell
Markanan
Kuzma
Even Jordan bell is making waves.
oh and ball I guess.

unclebengi

Post by unclebengi »

It's been awesome. I have Donovan Mitchell on almost all of my several fantasy bball teams and he's been amazing the way he's played like a vet all year, he's not scared of anything. I feel bad for Rubio because he was playing well to start the year, but the team is clearly better with Donovan at the point and and Ricky doesn't fit what they need.

I'd add Fox and DSJ to the above list too, they've shown enough flashes for me to believe. Even others like Isaac, Ntilikina, OG Anunoby, Jarrett Allen, and Dillon Brooks look like potential starters.

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

Donovan Mitchell was the steal of the draft. Denver muffed the trade trying to get Trey Lyles.

I thought D. Fox was going to be a very good NBA pro, he's been pretty bad.

The 76ers are so damn sexy, and the East is more interesting than the west for the first time in decades.

Blockhead
I made Daylight, yo!

Post by Blockhead »

i don't wanna delve to deep into the search engine , but I just was remembering when reason made all those brazen claims about how dope wiggans was gonna be. That's shit cracked me up today.

unclebengi

Post by unclebengi »

I was guilty of thinking he was turning the corner early last year, what a bum. Towns has been been super disappointing too, especially on defense as Embiid pointed out-

alpha

Post by alpha »

I don’t know if you guys listen to any podcasts but Thibs is running those guys into the ground with an 8 man rotation. Hard to play D when you’re playing 38-40 mins a night.

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

Lol wasn't Reason on record as saying the Wiggins/Love trade was the worst trade in NBA history?

Blockhead
I made Daylight, yo!

Post by Blockhead »

alpha wrote:I don’t know if you guys listen to any podcasts but Thibs is running those guys into the ground with an 8 man rotation. Hard to play D when you’re playing 38-40 mins a night.
I have seen that but it doesn't somehow make wiggins THAT much worse. dude has lots of talent but rotations aren't the reason he's been a slight let down thus far.The I just pointed out Reasons posts cause he was on record saying he was gonna be an perennial all star by now and one of the top five players in the league..which is funny when he's barely the third best player on his own team.

Blockhead
I made Daylight, yo!

Post by Blockhead »

DP

unclebengi

Post by unclebengi »

Donovan Mitchell is my favorite player and a future HOFer as long as he stays healthy. Long live the Don.

Blockhead
I made Daylight, yo!

Post by Blockhead »

He's also maybe gonna win the dunk competition this year.

Blockhead
I made Daylight, yo!

Post by Blockhead »

Hey guys, remember when this thread was active?
anyway, anyone else think it's odd that Ariza and green got 2 game suspensions for trying to be tough after a game and allfalo got 2 gamesfor actually throwing a haymaker during a game?

Also, that tech on courtney lee at the end of the Knicks game yesterday was one of the worst calls I've ever seen.

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

Shits classic...

unclebengi

Post by unclebengi »

Yeah, the suspensions have been wildly inconsistent. Portis got 8 games for a punch in practice (allegedly provoked) and Afflalo throws a cheap shot haymaker during a game and only gets 2. Think if Afflalo really connected. It's a toxic situation between players and refs right now because as bad as the officiating is at times, the players constant complaining about fouls is even worse.

T-Wolves have really played better lately, but last night they showed why their inability to shoots threes will probably prevent them from even winning a first round series.

Seeing Embid lay waste to the Celtics was awesome. Really wish Fultz was healthy so we could get a glimpse of the 6ers true potential.

unclebengi

Post by unclebengi »

It sucks that Aaron Gordon won't be in the dunk contest, but Don Mitchell is the perfect replacement. I'd love to see an Oladipo/Don Mitchell little guy final.

Blockhead
I made Daylight, yo!

Post by Blockhead »

Cav's got an entire new team. Might be a while before that meshes.
IT3 seems like a dickhead.

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

Blockhead wrote:Cav's got an entire new team. Might be a while before that meshes.
IT3 seems like a dickhead.
Sure, the Cavs now have better depth, but they're lacking star power. I'm really not sure how much better they got here.

I also have to say that it seems overly reactionary to not even wait to see how the team looked with Isiah Thomas back at full strength. He clearly isn't playing at full speed yet.

Blockhead
I made Daylight, yo!

Post by Blockhead »

From what I gather, IT3 wasn't very liked by the team so I'm assuming lebron gave the okay to dump him. Nance jr. and Hood are dope pick ups for the team but they need love if they're gonna compete at all in the eastern conference finals.

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

Blockhead wrote:From what I gather, IT3 wasn't very liked by the team so I'm assuming lebron gave the okay to dump him. Nance jr. and Hood are dope pick ups for the team but they need love if they're gonna compete at all in the eastern conference finals.
Nance is ok, but Randle was the guy to target if you were the Cavs...

alpha

Post by alpha »

They got younger and more athletic. They should be able to run a tall switching lineup. These moves hopefully keep Lebron happy with a younger team around him. And they kept the nets pick. They could still trade it or draft a potential star.

unclebengi

Post by unclebengi »

They're in great shape in the east because the other teams (besides the Raps) are floundering. Wiz actually look better without Wall and when he comes back it'll screw with their mojo. Celtics have a great defense, but without Hayward they don't have enough offense to compete past a round or two. I'd still take the Raptors over the Cavs, but the Cavs really did about as good as possible while dumping all of their worst defenders and ball hogs. Hill and Hood should be starters and and much better fits with this team (as long as they're healthy). Nance is the underrated addition though. He's shown he can be a 30 minute contributor and his skill set (defense, protecting the paint, moving the ball) is exactly what this Cav team needs. He'll have to play major minutes if they want to really compete for a title as he's a major upgrade on Tristan Thompson in pretty much every way.

I think they made out like bandits and might have ensured Bron stays unless he bolts for Houston. I'm becoming more convinced PG stays in OKC too, the fit next to Westbrook just feels too perfect.