2017 NBA Season Thread

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

unclebengi

Re: 2017 NBA Season Thread

Post by unclebengi »

I didn't even mention Clarkson who immediately makes their bench at least competitive.

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

Markelle Fultz might be a bigger bust than Anthony Bennett

ttp://bleacherreport.com/articles/2759" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... -struggles

Report: Markelle Fultz, 76ers Using VR Goggles to Help with Shooting Struggles

The Philadelphia 76ers have reportedly begun using virtual reality technology with guard Markelle Fultz as part of his rehabilitation, hoping he can rebuild confidence in his ailing jumper.

Kyle Neubeck of the Philly Voice profiled Fultz's search for his lost jumper and included the tidbit of information Monday. The Sixers are reportedly using the technology to help Fultz "visualize the mechanics he'll use in a game, to remember how easy it once was for him to rise up with the ball and shoot from anywhere on the court and to be able to do so without the glare of the cameras or other people around him."
Hey, by the way who's Curt?

alpha

Post by alpha »

He’ll be fine. Is bleacher report considered actual journalism now?

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

The journalism piece is that they are using virtual reality glasses to fix his shot. Have you seen him shoot since the injury? He looks like he is shot putting the ball

alpha

Post by alpha »

I have, Get him healthy and I’m sure it’ll be fine

an-also

Post by an-also »

The Fultz situation is a big deal. I feel for the guy just losing the mental side of shooting. Hopefully he can get it back otherwise his career is done.

Who was the second basemanplaying in the 90s who coudn't throw to first base all of a sudden?

unclebengi

Post by unclebengi »

Chuck Knoblauch, the ole yips.

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

an-also wrote:The Fultz situation is a big deal. I feel for the guy just losing the mental side of shooting. Hopefully he can get it back otherwise his career is done.

Who was the second basemanplaying in the 90s who coudn't throw to first base all of a sudden?
It is a big deal. Look at the history of players who were resorted to using virtual reality glasses to fix their game. This was supposed to save Troy Williamson's career.

I was convinced Fultz was going to be a very good pro. Hopefully he can fihure it out.

alpha

Post by alpha »

lol you guys crack me up. Take a good look at the all star rosters and tell me how many were the same players they are now during their rookie year.

Ramen

Post by Ramen »

lol @ using VR, stop treating him like a pussy and give him minutes

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

alpha wrote:lol you guys crack me up. Take a good look at the all star rosters and tell me how many were the same players they are now during their rookie year.
Fultz NBA career confirmed over :ironmike:

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

NBA All-Star weekend baby!!!

:rockout:

Post by 907 »

Dunk contest was entertaining.
hustler wrote:if you don't know that spiders protect you from ghosts, then i really dont know what to tell you.

alpha

Post by alpha »

GUCCI CONDOMS wrote:
alpha wrote:lol you guys crack me up. Take a good look at the all star rosters and tell me how many were the same players they are now during their rookie year.
I hope this forum is still here in2 Years. He may be a bust but I’m giving it at least 1-2 more years

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

alpha wrote:
GUCCI CONDOMS wrote:
I hope this forum is still here in2 Years. He may be a bust but I’m giving it at least 1-2 more years
The bar will never die, bro.
:ring:

alpha

Post by alpha »

Well we know where I stand. Any predictions from anyone else? Anything Nba is fair game

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

RIP Kawhi

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

capable_keL wrote:RIP Kawhi
Anyone that drafted him in the first round must really hate life right about now

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

GUCCI CONDOMS wrote:
Anyone that drafted him in the first round must really hate life right about now
Who cares about fantasy. Pop said he doubts Lenord plays again this year but the Spurs still hold that 3 seed. The nerve damage that he has is pretty significant. The posters on realGM suggest that he may never be the same which would fucking suck.

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

capable_keL wrote:
GUCCI CONDOMS wrote:
Who cares about fantasy. Pop said he doubts Lenord plays again this year but the Spurs still hold that 3 seed. The nerve damage that he has is pretty significant. The posters on realGM suggest that he may never be the same which would fucking suck.
It's not confirmed that anything you're saying here is entirely true. There's also rumors that Kawhi is actually now medically cleared to play, but is choosing not to because he wants out of San Antonio.

alpha

Post by alpha »

2 thoughts:

If I’m a sixers fan you want to get Sacramento’s pick instead of this years Lakers pick
Since it would fit better financially and you’d still get a good pick.
For Boston if it conveys 2-5 you more than likely have a chance at a skilled big who can play with J and J and Hayward in a switchy good lineup that can shoot 1-4.

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

- James Harden will deservedly win MVP, but Lebron is the best player in the NBA and the second greatest player of all-time.

- It's hard to evaluate the coaches of the tanking teams because they're all losing on purpose. The Bulls, for example, don't play/bring certain players on the road, players that don't injury risk or the "saving them for the playoffs" factor. Like why the fuck is Justin Holiday staying home? l-o-fucking-l.

- Quinn Snyder and Rudy Gobert are on some chicken or the egg shit. Snyder is a defensive genius, but boy Gobert could probably make any coach look like a brilliant defensive tactician. Also, kill the noise about Donovan Mitchell for ROY. He has way too many inconsistent performances tucked between his six or seven 30+ point games this season. Ben Simmons is having one of the best "rookie" years in recent memory. a 6'10 point guard who can do everything elite but shoot (albeit shoot very poorly, but still everything else is elite, he's like if you took lonzo ball, made him that much taller, longer, and stronger, and made him lefty, shit is scary)

- The Rockets will win the title this year in a 6 or 7 game series against the Cavs.

- The Raptors will choke because Lowry and Derozan NEVER play up to their regular seasons in the playoffs.

- The Celtics might be the best coached team in the NBA (D'Antoni will win coach of the year but he's not the best coach. He is awesome at maximizing a loaded roster offensively but their defense is led by jeff bzedelik's switching D and the personnel attained by morey to make it work)

- The Warriors are fucked. Without Curry I wouldn't be surprised if their first round went 7 games depending on who is the 7th seed.

- Milwaukee's coaching situation is terrible. When they dropped Kidd they got rid of some Kiddian habits like unnecessarily trapping and giving up stupid buckets that way. When they got the interim coach Joe Prunty, he started off by trapping less and doing more Giannis pick and rolls to relatively good effect. Then they reverted and they're underwhelming again. Part of the blame is the defensive sieve that is Jabari Parker. He's an erratic wonder oftentimes on offense but god is he a piece of shit on defense. John Henson should be a backup center and they're relying on him like he's Rudy Gobert. It's hilarious. The team is a mess with or without Kidd. Bledsoe plays too much hero ball and is a classic "good player/good stats on a bad team but not so good on a relatively good team" player. He bricks 20 footers like nobody's business.

- The 'Cers are hated on by a lot of experts as overachieving, and I get it, I mean they rely on guys like Thad Young and Cory Joseph and Collison. But Oladipo has played at all-nba 4th team type level, myles turner always plays defense even if his scoring isn't up to his potential, Sabonis is a solid playoff-rotation player, and bog bog is a legit sharpshooter not that far from the 50/40/90 club. The biggest thing that boggles my mind though is that Collison is shooting SEVEN PERCENTAGE POINTS higher than his career average from the 3pt line. Ridiculous. Sustainable?

- Spoelstra is a top 5 coach in this league. What he's gotten out of this team is crazy. This roster given to any other coach but Carlisle/Pop/Kerr/Stevens is a lottery team (same goes for Pop who is still the best coach in the game. His roster is relative shit and he's coaxed a more-than-winning record from them). Speaking of Carlisle, Dallas' roster is a fucking mess. They're loaded with players that are too undersized/slow/unskilled for their positions and then you have dennis smith jr. who is donovan mitchell without as good a shooting form but thinks he's kobe bryant.

- Finally, my Nets are so well-coached. Kenny Atkinson is the man. He maximizes this god awful roster. That is all. I'm out of breath.
Nets 2022

unclebengi

Post by unclebengi »

Bold finals calls there RZN (and welcome back!), I'd still have to roll with the Warriors over the Raptors in the finals at this point. Durant, Klay, and Draymond should be more than enough for any West series except the Finals. Kerr knows this and he'll play the slow hand with Curry, he's rushed him back too early before.

The Jazz are the one team that would scare me in that scenario if I'm the Warriors, they could have what it takes to knock off a Curry-less Dubs team on the road. The Blazers and Thunder are cute, but the Jazz are the true wildcard in all of this.

As far as the 'cers and Collison's 3's it's not a fluke because he doesn't take that many. I used to hate Collison as a Pacers in his previous stint because he tried to do more than his athleticism allowed. Now it's a joy to watch him because he plays within himself. He's worked to quicken his (dreadfully slow) 3 point release, but now he only shoots it when he's open and with deadly accuracy. Having a guy like Dipo next to him is ideal. There's not really any downside to locking him up long term either, Victor is always going to be the lead ball handler in crunch time, they don't need a stud PG. The Pacers development comes down to Myles Turner's development, he's had a disappointing season in a lot of ways, but he's really shown some true growth as of late and really give me hope for the future of this team. Lance looks like a long term fixture as a 6th man.

djjeffresh

Post by djjeffresh »

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

unclebengi wrote:Bold finals calls there RZN (and welcome back!), I'd still have to roll with the Warriors over the Raptors in the finals at this point. Durant, Klay, and Draymond should be more than enough for any West series except the Finals. Kerr knows this and he'll play the slow hand with Curry, he's rushed him back too early before.

The Jazz are the one team that would scare me in that scenario if I'm the Warriors, they could have what it takes to knock off a Curry-less Dubs team on the road. The Blazers and Thunder are cute, but the Jazz are the true wildcard in all of this.

As far as the 'cers and Collison's 3's it's not a fluke because he doesn't take that many. I used to hate Collison as a Pacers in his previous stint because he tried to do more than his athleticism allowed. Now it's a joy to watch him because he plays within himself. He's worked to quicken his (dreadfully slow) 3 point release, but now he only shoots it when he's open and with deadly accuracy. Having a guy like Dipo next to him is ideal. There's not really any downside to locking him up long term either, Victor is always going to be the lead ball handler in crunch time, they don't need a stud PG. The Pacers development comes down to Myles Turner's development, he's had a disappointing season in a lot of ways, but he's really shown some true growth as of late and really give me hope for the future of this team. Lance looks like a long term fixture as a 6th man.
I don't trust the raptors' big two in the playoffs. they have to prove me wrong before i ever believe. I don't believe the dubs will be healthy enough. The Jazz are certainly the scariest low seed of all the teams, unless OKC falls into that category. you got a lot to look forward to with the cers for sure.
Nets 2022

alpha

Post by alpha »

My only worry for the dubs is if Steph comes back too early. Everyone else should be healthy going into the first round.

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

alpha wrote:My only worry for the dubs is if Steph comes back too early. Everyone else should be healthy going into the first round.
This is going to be a repeat of 2016, Steph isn't going to look right throughout the whole playoffs.

alpha

Post by alpha »

Maybe. Maybe not. Still got KD tho.

unclebengi

Post by unclebengi »

Reason wrote:
unclebengi wrote:Bold finals calls there RZN (and welcome back!), I'd still have to roll with the Warriors over the Raptors in the finals at this point. Durant, Klay, and Draymond should be more than enough for any West series except the Finals. Kerr knows this and he'll play the slow hand with Curry, he's rushed him back too early before.

I don't trust the raptors' big two in the playoffs. they have to prove me wrong before i ever believe. I don't believe the dubs will be healthy enough. The Jazz are certainly the scariest low seed of all the teams, unless OKC falls into that category. you got a lot to look forward to with the cers for sure.
The reason I'm so confident in the Raptors is that it's not about Lowry and Derozan this year. The have the best 5 man bench unit the NBA has seen in years and they will go 10 deep throughout the playoffs. Traditionally that's a bad thing, but when your 5 is Van Vleet, Siakam, Delon Wright, CJ Miles, and Poeltl you gotta play em. Cleveland's 4 out lineup with Love at center will give them problems, but they can play Lowry, Van Vleet, Derozan, OG, Ibaka in that scenario, they have the versatility and Van Vleet is the the one guy that I can pinpoint as the X-factor in them reaching the finals.

unclebengi

Post by unclebengi »

Also, JoVal is a better center than he's ever been (especially defensively) and will have some huge games in the playoffs when teams stay big.