2018 NFL off-season thread

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

ric

Re: 2018 NFL off-season thread

Post by ric »

unclebengi wrote:Godgers is Dangerous
That fucking green bay game lololololololol
They were down 20-7? Win it like no big deal its just these guys again lulz. Give it to Khalil mack though. Fucking wwwwoooowwww

James Connor though :copy: le'veon who? Worth what kind of money? Lulululololol that system is a fantasy rb owners dream. Talented back. The question is does Le'veon come back? If so when? I'm using jc next week though for sure

Rams officially my second favorite team. 30 is bonafide best player in the fucking league. Best defense. Coaches not to be fucked with. Mcvay and Obrien are the closest things to hoodie heir apparents. McDaniels is up there but in my opinion well below these guys. Young Shanahan is in the race but he's lagging there. Since we're on the subject I'm calling it right now gruden will suck. Letting Khalil mack go lulz by the way ultimate dumbest move to start somewhere. Also let Crabtree go. Lulz. Watching the game tonight felt like dude was giving a lecture from the announcing booth about 5 wide formations. Like you can just get in 5 wide like no big f deal cause you're winning in numbers and 'creating mismatches'. :lol: the whole time I'm just hearing dudes voice talking like he can tell you some profound shit.

Pat Mahomes III been waiting for this guy since year one ttu. Second coming/evolution of Brett Favre. Fucking guy puts the team on his back. I fucking love this guy. Swagger like puff but substance like face. The new prototype gunslinger. No quit in this guy. Fucking can't wait for this guy to get better.

In re Patricia
Here's my two cents.
Dude probably wants to keep it simple on offense so stafford can feel it and manipulate the structure. And then wants the Def to be as complicated as the pats have theirs. The irony is that even given how dope the pats d is even they fuck it up and those guys have had the system drilled into them. I mean you never really know if they are intentionally giving up yards and leverage etc on any given play. Patriot coaches want to just do what they do everywhere they go. But that is some uber designer defense right there. You must have intelligent players to execute that shit. Patricia better hope the lions front office is cool losing games if he wants them to honor his contract.

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

Where is the 2018 NFL season thread? Wtf is Capable Kel doing as the mod of the bar? This is a disgrace

gusty wingers

Post by gusty wingers »

oh yeah I am taking back my giants predictions
Bury me with the Sergio Tacchini on

DLG

Post by DLG »

pretty crazy week.

djjeffresh

Post by djjeffresh »

that browns game was awesome

ric

Post by ric »

Good stuff this season through wk 3
Fucking Patricia has been waiting for like 10 seasons to show the league what a bitch Brady is. And I love it.
The tb qb situation is gonna be interesting.

Anybody really loving anything? Any predictions?

DLG

Post by DLG »

interested in seeing if the Rams falter tonight without their starting CBs

DLG

Post by DLG »

yo I thought patrick mahomes voice was messed up from yelling on the field the first time I heard him talk, but I've now watched 3 interviews on youtube with him and he for real sounds like kermit the frog meets bobcat goldthwait :naswtf:

gusty wingers

Post by gusty wingers »

Haha that's just a Texas boy for sure

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

Gmen fans, what the fuck is up with Beckham? The ROI on my fantasy squad is piss poor right about now...

gusty wingers

Post by gusty wingers »

this team is a disaster... abort mission

I am going for the ravens to win it all... sounds crazy being 33/1 but in a league this open I love this defense. has not let up a touchdown through four games in the second half... didn't let up a point tonight... this team can hang with anybody for a future bet

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

gusty wingers wrote:this team is a disaster... abort mission

I am going for the ravens to win it all... sounds crazy being 33/1 but in a league this open I love this defense. has not let up a touchdown through four games in the second half... didn't let up a point tonight... this team can hang with anybody for a future bet
Ravens were def a live dog last night. They looked good, but I think Chicago has a better defense than them.

DLG

Post by DLG »

Shurmur is calling plays like MacAdoo I have no idea what's going on, but it all stems from the fact no one trusts the O-line because they are probably the worst in the league.

They don't trust the O-line to pound it with Barkley on first and second, they don't trust the O-line to pass protect, WRs don't have time to get downfield so Eli's throwing passes like Dak. It's a mess.

Rolling Eli out of the pocket to let plays develop downfield worked well against the Texans, and then this Sunday we saw none of that.

And it looks like Shurmur uses OBJ as a decoy 75 percent of the time to get others open, especially in the red zone.

Teams are sitting in two deep all day, not respecting the run, just taking away the deep stuff and getting to Eli with a four-man rush because the line stinks so bad. It's pretty depressing.

But I guess that's what you get when you do everything in your power to build an absolutely horrid offensive line.

The good thing is we should probably be able to pick a QB this year too, give him a year behind Eli, maybe build a decent O-line, have Barkley as a safety net for him.

Or we'll just have another decade of QB hell like after Simms, whatever works.

Anyway, Ravens looked good, Bears looked good but need another year I think, maybe the Bengals finally make their run this year, I think they have some nice pieces coming back from injury/suspensions soon.

KC and the Rams look practically unbeatable right now tho.

unclebengi

Post by unclebengi »

So...Godgers is the most dangerous QB of all time no longer.

unclebengi

Post by unclebengi »

And don’t sleep on the Titans

unclebengi

Post by unclebengi »

Uhhh...You can sleep on the Titans...forever...or as long as Mariota is the QB. Go Mahomes! Embarrass the Pats!

ric

Post by ric »

Raj. Doinnit. 49 quit. Gb sharpened up. Pretty good shit

DLG

Post by DLG »

stop jinxing shit bengi

unclebengi

Post by unclebengi »

I'm good for that, what a game tho, really hope KC can get home field for the playoffs.

Le'Veon Bell is a nincompoop.

gusty wingers

Post by gusty wingers »

Ravens packers super bowl, packers find a way

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

so happy with sam darnold. over the moon. got a franchise qb who throws beautiful deep balls since...fuck...don't even wanna talk about it
Nets 2022

ric

Post by ric »

unclebengi wrote:So...Godgers is the most dangerous QB of all time no longer.
Mahomes>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
best young qb since Peyton. Arguably better in some ways at this point in their careers albeit he is playing for Andy Reid himself. Nonetheless... It's an interesting comparison. Mahomes is really the guy that Giovanni carmazzi(?sp) was supposed to be and all those guys those Walsh tree dudes supposedly scoured the planet for. And guess what? He's even better because his emotional makeup is straight og. Give it like 2 years hell be the best qb in the league in basically every way. It'll be a competition between he and Raj prolly. That'd be one fucking hell of a superbowl contest.

ric

Post by ric »

Game gets even more bitch: qb dives headfirst untouched... Fumbles... Considered down because he went headfirst and 'gave himself up'. Like anything qbs do is heroic and worth stopping the game for. (see cj beathard 2nd qtr)

ric

Post by ric »

Here's something I am really curious about your opinions on especially the raider faithful.

Gruden. Tanking. Obv. Rebuilding. Obviously. By getting rid of arguably the best defender in the league by getting rid of a talented wr who is still on his rookie contract I believe. A wr so good Dallas will build their entire passing game around his talent and he's slated to be the guy for them until he breaks and after a la Dez Bryant. He gets rid of janikowski seemingly to send a message to the club and the league (because I assume he's no worse than most kickers in the league). So they've got a bunch of draft picks I mean... Lulz. Great. Are the raider faithful hopeful that old man chucky actually knows what he's doing?

I have to be honest. I'm not. I don't see it. Year one. Cool. He's not really showing anything. Fine. Shit is yet to come. But I mean... Let's just give everyone else our best players. Lulz. Dude says Derek Carr is safe. I mean lulz. Why would anyone believe that? Khalil mack isn't safe but Derek care is safe. Amari Cooper doesn't fit the mold but Derek care is safe? Dude is looking at Tua. Or Grier. Or Darrel Henderson. Or travyeon Williams.

I'd love to think that dude is looking for a certain kind of attitude. But getting rid of Khalil mack and Amari Cooper gets rid of that whole theory. You've got two sides of the same workful chip on the shoulder right there. So what is it? Is he trying out belichick belichick? Is he trying to do what the steelers could never bring themselves to do? Is he saying that youth under youth on the depth chart is the only or best way to win nowadays? Is he doing the chip Kelly where he believes execution and execution alone will save them? How are you going to teach a bunch of rookies how to play a style sophisticated enough to beat a bunch of teams coached by a collection of coaches who are so good they are winning superbowls with backup qbs going up against legendary coaches and players?

alpha

Post by alpha »

Cooper can’t catch a cold. Dude drops everything, lolz on Jerry

ric

Post by ric »

Re raiders
OK here's what dude has done cash wise. Just look at this breakdown... Courtesy of spotrac.com

This is not the CAP breakdown. This is total cash paid out for this year. I didn't want to fuck with the cap because it doesn't tell the whole story because certain money doesn't apply to the cap etc and I don't want to research and understand it. This is who is getting paid right now. Which seems to me to be the bottom line anyway in terms of what the team values.

Top 12 players by total cash payout for the raiders this year...
Raiders total cash values

1. Qb Derek Carr 22mill
2. Ol Gabe Jackson 10.5mill
3. Ol keleche osemele 10.5mill
4. Ol Rodney Hudson 8.5mill
5. Ol kolton Miller 8.5mill
6. De Bruce Irvin 8+mill
7. Wr jordy Nelson 7.5mill
8. Lb Tahir whitehead 6.5mill
9. Te Jared Cook 5.5mill
10. DB Rashaan Melvin 5.5mill
11. Ol donald Penn 5+mill
12. DB Marcus Gilchrist 4.5mill
Now compare that with dallas
Dallas total cash values

1. Ol Zack Martin 22mill
2. De Demarcus lawrence 17m
3. Ol Tyrone smith 10m
4. Ol Travis frederick 10m
5. Lb Leighton Vander esch 7m
6. Lb Sean Lee 7m
7. Ol lael collins 6.5m
8. De Tyrone crawford 6m
9. Wr Allen hurns 5.5m
10. Wr Terrence williams 3.5m
11. Wr Cole beasely 3+m
12. Wr tavon austin 3m

Zeke is 14 due to rookie contract
Ol Connor Williams is 15 at 2.5m presumably due to rookie contract
This is how pats have it
Patriots total cash values

1. qb Tom Brady 20m
2. DB Stephen Gilmore 13.5m
3. Ol shaq Mason 13m
4. Te gronk 9.5+m
5. DB Devin mccourty 8m
6. Ol Isaiah Wynn 6.5+m
7. Lb donta Hightower 6m
8. De Adrian clayborn 6m
9. Rb Sony Michele 5.5m
10. DB pat Chung 5.5m
11. Ol Marcus cannon 4+m
12. Rb Rex burkhead 4+m
My guess is the reason for the pats paying their rbs is the recognition that executing the run game properly really is a huge part of their success and the gawd hood has been cornered into paying for it and then boom draft a rb in the first rd who can be the guy

Mcvay rams...
Rams total cash values

1. Dl Aaron Donald 40+m
2. Rb toddamus -22m
3. Dl suh 14.5m
4. Db LaMarcus joyner 11+m
5. DB aqib talib 11m
6. Ol Brandon Whitworth 11m
7. Wr Brandon cooks 11m
8. De Michael brockers 10m
9. Ol John Sullivan 9m
10. Wr Robert woods 9m
11. Ol Roger saffold - 7m
12. Lb mark barron 6.5m

Then you have dB, ol, k, P, qb
My guess is with the rams they either have low incentive high guarantee deals and/or you don't get paid if you get injured type deals and then when you do play you get paid. Just pure guesswork. Their top 12 has really high lows

But this cash payout number is interesting because it seems to really express how the team is thinking about the game and what they're valuing... Like the Seahawks have 1 ol in the top 15and they're paying him 14.5m but their next guy is Jr sweezy at like 17 for 1.7m whereas the nyg are rebuilding from a similar train of thought to sea the year before and last year nyg had 3 ol in the top 12 and probably the worst oline in the league and this year they continue to have one of the worst olines and they have sizable investments at ol and have 3 higher ranked ol in the top 12 including nate solder at #1 at 22m. That's just gonna take time and probably new personnel. That's just a rough situation. Once you let the oline devolve like that how do you build that shit back up? Sfucking hard. Look at Seattle. It takes them 8 wks to even begin to run an offense that feels sort of effective and their ol investment is youth based.

But look at Houston. To me this is maybe best list with the rams I've seen so far. Where is deshaun Watson? #27 at like 1m. This list shows where their values are and who is willing to take a hit for the team (hint qb). And just how much they believe in their ability to coach and what they think really wins games and how to value players accordingly
Texans total cash values

1. Wr DeAndre Hopkins 12.5m
2. Dl jadeveon clowney 12.5m
3. Dl jj watt 12.5m
4. Db Aaron Colvin 10.5+m
5. Lb Bernardrick mckinney 10m
6. DB tyrann matthieu 7m
7. Ol Zach Fulton 7m
8. DB Kareem Jackson 6.5m
9. Rb Lamarr Miller 5.5+m
10. DB Jonathan Joseph 5.5m
11. Ol senio kelemete 5.5m
12. Lb Whitney mercilus -5m
13. Ol
14. Backup fs
15. Slot db
16.ol

Last edited by ric on Tue Oct 30, 2018 4:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

ric

Post by ric »

Re tevin Coleman
It's his last contract season before he's a free agent and the team can franchise him which won't happen right? As far as being this guy's fantasy owner since he was a rookie the worst thing that can happen to this guy is he stays in atl with Sarkisian as off coordinator. If he goes to like Baltimore. A team that is once again built to play d and run the ball (doubly so when they cut Flacco loose assuming they will roll with Lamarr Jackson) it would be fucking great because he's good enough to go over there assuming they will zone enough for him. And I've got to be honest I'm not watching atl football too much so I don't know if they're still zoning full time or what. If Shanahan wants him things could look way up but Shanahan is doing the super fast rb thing right now. My point is I just hope Mr coleman doesn't feel chained to atl.

unclebengi

Post by unclebengi »

Cam for MVP, Panthers O looks unstoppable now that DJ and Curtis are involved, NFC playoffs will be NUTS

DLG

Post by DLG »

Norv Turner waited to turn 90 before opening up his playbook. They are finally getting creative and doing tons of great things to get McCaffrey and Olsen open, love it.

What a beautiful day of football with the Giants on their bye. Watching the Rams and Saints game it was like watching a different sport from whatever it is the Giants are playing. Both of those O-lines are amazing, Brees has the advantage tho.

Goff isn't that great when he's pressured and needs a lot of time and Gurley running crazy to prosper. I don't think he can put the team on his back and carry them.

Watching Brees constantly hit Kamara in perfect stride on those screens is such a beautiful thing. I'd like to see the Saints win it all this year, Drew deserves it.

unclebengi

Post by unclebengi »

Saints are fun to watch, Michael Thomas is that dude, having one of the best WR seasons of all time. The Rams need Talib back so badly, if Talib is Talib in the playoffs, they can hang with anyone. If not, it'll end badly.

My Colts might go on a run if they can beat Jax at home this week. O line is out there road grading and Reich is one of the top play designers in the league. Now that TY, Doyle, and Mack are back they should have one of the best offenses in the league down the stretch. D has holes, but they get their 2nd rd pass rusher Tyquan Lewis of IR any week now and The Maniac Darius Leonard is a game changer.

Chargers are a sleeping Giant if Bosa can come back and be Bosa.