2018 NFL off-season thread

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

ric

Re: 2018 NFL off-season thread

Post by ric »

Newor steel
Oh no. Oh my. God. Oh my goodness. The heroics were there but man that's fucking rough

ric

Post by ric »

The ultimate way to describe losing: strengthen your position for the no. 1 draft pick

ric

Post by ric »

Raiders hire Mike mayock as gm. Mike fucking mayock! What kind of kafka esque nightmare are we living in here?

unclebengi

Post by unclebengi »

Colts vs Texans> Colts
Chargers vs Ravens> Chargers
Seahawks vs Cowboys> Seahawks
Eagles vs Bears> Bears

DLG

Post by DLG »

Colts are going to be really good for a long time. Luck coming into his prime, awesome OL, young, very solid defense, good coaching, tons of money to spend.

The playcalling by Seattle last night was the worst shit I've ever seen. Like Bortles is their QB not Wilson. Dude deserves so much better.

Chargers defense played lights out.

ric

Post by ric »

Called Dallas.
Missed on bears. They fucking had that shit.
San Diego Baltimore was anybodies game. Harbaugh has to expand the run game though. The panthers were contenders for years with almost no truly effective passing game.
Colts Texans also anybodies game. Guess not though. Colt d shutting shit down.

Next rd is gonna be great football

unclebengi

Post by unclebengi »

Colts>Chiefs
Chargers>Patriots
Rams>Cowboys
Saints>Eagles

Going into KC will be tough for my Colts, but their O-line/run game will be key. If they can limit Hill downfield like they did with Hopkins (twice) and Amari in recent weeks I like their chances. I think Luck and Mahomes are the 2 best QB's in the league right now and I can't wait to watch.

I would be pretty damn surprised if the Chargers don't beat the Pats. They're better at pretty much every position across the board, no way they lose unless Hoodie pitches a perfect game on defense.

ric

Post by ric »

In re chargers
I want it to be rivs year if not mahomes or gurley
But riv has been riv his whole career with several different O coordinators and a variety of different ds. He is what he is. I'm guessing the gawd hood is keen on this fact. I haven't been watching too much but Anthony Lynn obvious candidate for coach of the year. They are still playing with whatever wrs though. That is problematic. They're the same whatever wrs for years. But maybe the gawd riv is so in tune it doesn't matter its like some avatar shit with the hair connection and the animals
Ken whisenhunt and gus Bradley doing what they really should be doing though

ric

Post by ric »

Adam gase lulz. Expect 6-9 games of quality football after 3-4 games of hodgepodge nonsense then expect to sink back down into the depths of the league

DLG

Post by DLG »

Chargers maybe had the worst defensive gameplan of all time against the Pats.

Brady just dinked and dunked on that ass all game and the running game went off.

Cowboys and Eagles out tho so it's all good.

unclebengi

Post by unclebengi »

I hate the goddamn patriots. Really makes me not enjoy football. It's not even about the players, Hoodie is just so good at scheming, going at your weaknesses, and knowing what you're going to do before you do. After that Chargers game it's hard for me to see anyone beating them although I guess hoodie doesn't get a bye every week. I feel like they've been minimizing James White for weeks because they know dumpoffs to him are unguardable. I hope I'm wrong, but the Chiefs have their work cut out for them this week.

Colts laid an egg, but at least the defense played a good game after the 1st quarter. Really looking forward to see how they use all that cap room. Not sure that bringing in AB or Le'Veon would be worth it.

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

DLG wrote:Chargers maybe had the worst defensive gameplan of all time against the Pats.

Brady just dinked and dunked on that ass all game and the running game went off.

Cowboys and Eagles out tho so it's all good.
It's amazing how when it comes down to the playoffs, the chargers are still "the chargers" no matter what the coaching staff is. I was tempted to put some money on the chargers yesterday just cause I thought Ingram and Bosa could get to Brady. Thank fuckin God I didn't.

ric

Post by ric »

In re chargers
The #1 most neglected wr corps in the league. For years. Riv cannot play 7 different positions.

In re pats kc
Just doing what they do. I didn't buy the arguments on the Colts that I've been hearing everywhere (just haven't seen them lately and seemed improbable). Plan for more pats rbs but this next game is gonna be fucking fun. Andy Reid looks like he's remorselessly dropping nuclear bombs on children with the gawd Mahomes. Hill and kelce are like his mutant children and the timing of Damien Williams makes this feel like God's plan for the heartland.

Rams newor
Looking forward to it. Rams get another quality rb just so they can nonstop run the ball on one of the best run crushing ds in the league. Lulz. That's some fuck you guys shit. Add in that dope wr sweep game. Motherfucking lz. Really really looking forward to this game.

Rams superbowl = fuck you guys stop us we have d oline and gurley and a bowling ball zone runner
Saints superbowl = fuck you guys we have a real offense now
Kc superbowl = the coming apocalypse led by genetically enhanced archangel mahomes
Pats superbowl = last furious gasp from the Gawd Hood? Nothing is off the table. They will sabotage whatever (I still believe Jimmy Harbaugh sabotaged the fucking power outage). Wives/moms held for ransom. They will get no sleep scheming anybody into and out of anything for every possible edge. All those years of building insanely complicated defenses boils down to right now. They go in each game with a playbook as big as a karaoke playlist spanning 70+ years of hits and sleepy favorites everyone forgot about. Brady runs for 120 at some point. Count on it. After God rests Brady mysteriously figures his family is the most important thing to him. Lulz.
Last edited by ric on Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

ric wrote:In re chargers
The #1 most neglected wr corps in the league. For years. Riv cannot play 7 different positions.
I don't agree with you here. Keenan Allen is a top 10 WR in the NFL. Mike Williams is going to be very good, a ton of upside (this was only his 2nd year in the NFL). Tyrell Williams is inconsistent, but he can take the top off of a defense at any time.

ric

Post by ric »

@gucci
Forgot about Mike Williams. But I disagree that Keenan Allen is a top 10. Still neglected wr corps. The teams overall trajectory is improvement though so you gotta give them that

ric

Post by ric »

Seriously though most epic playoffs in memory

DLG

Post by DLG »

Rivers is a turd in crunch time. All the narratives about him never having help are bullshit. I think he had a top 10 defense at least 8 times over the course of his career. He's just a turd.

And it really is all about coaching in the end.

Hoodie could literally win with any QB. How is their OL always great? Coaching.

McVay and his guys won in the film room (https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2019/1/13 ... odd-gurley" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;).

Payton let his nuts hang with the fake punt that changed the course of the game.

Reid with weapons is almost impossible to game plan against and all of a sudden KC's defense decides to show up when it matters most.

It's all about coaching and striking the right balance between preparation and motivation.

ric

Post by ric »

@dlg
At some level I agree. Hc oc DC. Incredibly important figures for the team. All 4 of these teams receive excellent coaching at some level and the pats are in another universe. Mcvay is probably on his way to hood level status. Maybe not that high but pretty fucking high.

gusty wingers

Post by gusty wingers »

i like my coach looking like that
Bury me with the Sergio Tacchini on

ric

Post by ric »

Rams pats. Fuck yes. Fuck fuck yes yes. Bring it on.

DLG

Post by DLG »

only way Rams win is if Donald has a Von Miller-esque performance.

Everyone knows that pressure up the middle is the best way to beat Brady, the Giants did it twice.

It's funny what a game manager Brady is now. Just hands it off and throws 5-yard screens. A further testament to the genius of the hoodie.

ric

Post by ric »

Hood is God
But Mcvay is challenging
Brady has always been a glorified game manager then Moss Welker Hernandez Gronk. Edelman is one hell of a player but he's no Molkeronski

But don't forget though. No offsides flag and the chiefs win off interception (great fucking heads up play) and in a review happy world I didn't see the offside call review. I was working but dude.

That rams D is playing fucking jacked football. Goff is ultimately the loosest piece on the field but Gurley is the best offensive player in the football landscape. Gonna be a great game.

DLG

Post by DLG »

ric wrote:Hood is God
But Mcvay is challenging
Brady has always been a glorified game manager then Moss Welker Hernandez Gronk. Edelman is one hell of a player but he's no Molkeronski

But don't forget though. No offsides flag and the chiefs win off interception (great fucking heads up play) and in a review happy world I didn't see the offside call review. I was working but dude.

That rams D is playing fucking jacked football. Goff is ultimately the loosest piece on the field but Gurley is the best offensive player in the football landscape. Gonna be a great game.
Rams defensive backs are kind of questionable. They've been playing better lately, but if Brady keeps staying clean (I don't think he has taken a sack in the playoffs yet) I don't think they have much of a chance, no matter what Goff and Gurley do.

gusty wingers

Post by gusty wingers »

i don't know how people can even watch anymore. something has to change after what happened in new orleans on sunday.

DLG

Post by DLG »

What do you suggest? Because reviewing no-calls can get out of hand fast.

Maybe have a ref in the booth who can overrule?

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

I honestly think the Pats are a lock to beat the rams. I don't think Goff is ready for this moment, and Gurley hasn't been the same for nearly 2 months now. As mentioned, the only way Rams are winning this is if Donald gets a ton of pressure on brady, but with brady getting the ball out so quickly, and the pats o line playing at such an elite level, I just don't see that happening.

Pats will cover. Bank on it.

ric

Post by ric »

In my opinion. If you lose and you blame refs. Fuck you. Game is replete with no calls and bitchery.

Watch.
https://mobile.twitter.com/nfl/status/1 ... 9165500416" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

What do you see? Fowler hits Brees arm. Ball floats. Ball is going to a place wr isn't going. Look at the wr. The timing is off. The wr doesn't fucking know where the goddamn ball is actually going. The wr is going left under the operating presumption that the ball hasn't been thrown yet. Then wr looks and notices he needs to reverse field so he does but not accurately. Then he watches the ball float to where he wasn't originally going. the dB is not playing usual coverage and is only playing ball which is NOT illegal and if it is the rules need to be fucking changed. Period. To me this is a clean play. Everyone and their mother including the league office etc is either acting like a bunch of bitches like replacement refs or the rules are so fucked up as to not be motherfucking football any longer. Also apparently if ball throwing process is fucked up out of qbs hands no pass interference applies probably because then it's considered a live ball a la a fumble in the air. And what do you see after the catch? A bunch of dudes going on about their business because they know it's not bullshit. Wr lobbies for flag because that is the procedure of not getting the fucking ball. Then he quits lobbying because he fucking knows. Then Brees jogs off like yup fuck me. Because he fucking knows. Then Sean Payton blames the refs. What's more underhanded and bitch made? Blaming the refs because you lost and America still has Katrina angst for you? Or deflating footballs? Lulz. Obviously the former.

Motherfuckers hated the new rules that made defense disappear now they wear it like a Linus style thumb sucking blanket. Fucking morons. If your team was superior they would've actually won. Go fuck yourselves.

gusty wingers

Post by gusty wingers »

not calling that helmet to helmet was disgusting. i believe having a ref in the booth is a great start.

DLG

Post by DLG »

rams win 5-3 and john hekker wins MVP.

gusty wingers

Post by gusty wingers »

Crazy turn of events, no touchdown scored was 100 to 1 before game time, Brady to lead fourth quarter winning drive +400