2018 NFL off-season thread

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

ric

Re: 2018 NFL off-season thread

Post by ric »

Goff is the biggest bitch in Atlanta no question

DLG

Post by DLG »

BB and Flores put together an absolute masterpiece, let's not act like they didn't.

Rams OL had no idea where the pressure was coming from and the DBs locked everyone the fuck down.

DLG

Post by DLG »

would have been a much better game against the Saints.

Goff was shook. Dude processes really slowly, only looks good off play action.

Was expecting man from the Pats and had no idea where to go with the ball when they showed him zone.

Hoodie would have made it tough on Brees too, but Drew wouldn't have crumbled like that, no way.

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

Something is really weird about the Gurley situation

DLG

Post by DLG »

I think his knee is hurt really badly but didn't want to make excuses.

Also, if Ryan Gosling looked any more autistic than he already did, he would look like Goff.

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

DLG wrote:I think his knee is hurt really badly but didn't want to make excuses.

Also, if Ryan Gosling looked any more autistic than he already did, he would look like Goff.
I dunno if his knee was that hurt he shouldn't have been playing.

Is it fair to say the league has caught up to all the various plays mcvay runs off of the jet sweep?

I agree with everything said about Goff, mcvays playcalling has largely covered up his deficiencies. I'm not writing him off completely, but there's a lot of work to be done with him this offseason.

ric

Post by ric »

Was working during the game so I only got to see snatches which is a real disappointment as this looked like a fucking great game. But no Gurley is very surprising. Knee. I get it. You can't just put him on ir. You have to force the other team to prep for him. But man goff. I know mcvay has been back stocking high potential qbs. You gotta hold that guy accountable. I mean pick near the goal line is worst play of the season for that whole team. Defenses were insane this game though. Great stuff.

Flores and the gawd seemed to play this one perfectly though. How many drives did the rams have of 40 yds or more? Not really a thing right?

Great gosling goff analogy. Spot on. They're like brothers. But one is talented

DLG

Post by DLG »

Goff can still be a great QB. Year three is basically nothing. It's basically year two for him since a year with Fisher did more bad than good. McVay had to start from scratch last year with him.

There is no way that Gurley was even close to 60 percent. If he was good to go, best believe McVay would have been calling screens to him early and getting him involved in every facet of the game right away. The Rams are at their best when he gets 25+ touches, so there's no way that he was healthy if that wasn't in the gameplan.

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

DLG wrote:Goff can still be a great QB. Year three is basically nothing. It's basically year two for him since a year with Fisher did more bad than good. McVay had to start from scratch last year with him.

There is no way that Gurley was even close to 60 percent. If he was good to go, best believe McVay would have been calling screens to him early and getting him involved in every facet of the game right away. The Rams are at their best when he gets 25+ touches, so there's no way that he was healthy if that wasn't in the gameplan.
Well if Gurley isn't healthy then the league needs to investigate the Rams and ultimately take draft picks away from them. You can't just not put an injured player on the injury report, especially a player as important as Gurley and especially in the playoffs/super bowl.

ric

Post by ric »

In re Gurley injury report
Yeah interesting point I wonder how many teams do this and whether it is enforced at all. I would really like to know the circumstances of what happened here. How many snaps did Gurley get? I'm assuming the cj Anderson sets were all zone run threats right? How successful was cj on the ground? Were they running with dude at all? What were the pats doing presnap on def?

ric

Post by ric »

New coaches
Arians in tb fucking G pulling a Jay z hires Leftwich as oc hires Bowles as DC. Smells like good fucking times over there
Kingsbury in az. Super curious about this. Super curious Vance Joseph as AZ DC.
Gase lulz nyj. Good luck I guess. Gregg Williams as DC here is a snipe opportunity for Williams.
Flores to dolphins
Greg Roman promoted to bal oc so we're committing to the run in some large fashion. How effective will it be who knows?
Fangio den hc. They bring in the sf qb coach as oc. So it smells like run and play d alllll the way.
Zac Taylor to cin lolololol I mean...this is both the worst and a really interesting move
Freddie kitchens as cle oc is in my opinion straight dumb. I do like how the guy appears to have contempt for the media though. You can feel that vibe. Perhaps spells good times.
Lafleur hc at gb. Lulz. It's the Raj show anyway. But they build the team right? Hackett as oc (old Jax oc). Smells to me like they build the team as a base run offense. And then you have to defend that. And then Raj just owns you. Money says they draft a rb to start this guy off fresh. This sounds oddly suspiciously like the blueprint mcvay envisions with goff but he can't do it because it's goff.
Spagnuolo as kc DC. Uh oh. Good luck with that.
Jax hired defilippo as oc because apparently they don't like fournette being the centerpiece of the offense anymore or they're trying to motivate Marrone who one season goes to the afc championship game almost beats the pats then this season mediocre
Darrell bevell as new oc in det. Hmmm. That dude with a classic qb is kind of interesting.

DLG

Post by DLG »

anyone watch any AAF games?

ric

Post by ric »

@dlg
Nooo is it football or is it xfl?

DLG

Post by DLG »

It's football, but it's basically dudes who can't make a practice squad in the NFL.

Christian Hackenberg and Matt Simms are QBing and looks like the rules on hitting QBs are more lax, dudes were getting clobbered.

ric

Post by ric »

Oh so its FOOTBALL with less skilled players. Sounds great. If I get time im watching

djjeffresh

Post by djjeffresh »

ric

Post by ric »

Lots of moves so far. OBJ to Browns? Traded? Like what?
Browns hold the rights to Kareem hunt now? Ha nice. Cobb to cowboys. Clay Matthew's to lar. Djax back in Philly love that.

g9hood

Post by g9hood »

gat packer$

pEAce/k1LLaforN1a